New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: The Dark Side Hungers IC

Ovelia is quiet and doesn't respond as the Jedi and the Mandalorian have their disagreements. An amused smile crosses her face at the the shout about killing the Jedi, but doesn't say anything as she is trying to be stealthy.

She glances down when the sound was coming from to see if she spots anything while she remains in hiding grateful that the Current had gifted her such skill at illusions and stealth as opposed to the weird powers that the Jedi and Sith used.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+8)[28]

Edit: Wow...two 20s in a row O.o
    Last edited by Major; 2012-07-29 at 06:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Ovelia-
    From behind you in the opposite hallway, you can see two silhouettes skulking forward. One seems to be short and squat, the other takes a more humanoid appearance; both are slowly approaching the door that connects the prison block to said hallway.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia taps Kot and points out the figures making sure not to speak.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Kot blinks in surprise as a hand reaches out of the darkness and taps him. He motions the hand to stay hidden.

With the opportunity for stealth for himself gone, he moves into the center of the hallway, makes himself as large as possible, and bellows down the hallway. "And who is skulking about in my hallway?"
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died

Player Profile at the Registry

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The large soldier gave Jek a fright, but he was certain he wasn't spotted. Okay, round two, he thinks as he fires at the armored Mandalorian.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: AC (1d20+4)[11], (3d6+1)[12] Energy Damage. Dastardly Strike in effect IF Ballista agrees that Kot can't actually see Jek. IF not, it's not in effect.

You may be an officer, but at this point, Jek's freaked the hell out .

Seeing that he missed, Jek calls out, "That was a warning shot. Identify yourself or the rest of my team will open fire."
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-07-29 at 07:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

The shot flies easily out of the blaster barrel and across the hallway, aimed at the man standing in the way. The red bolt of plasma glides harmlessly past its intended target and strikes the bulkhead behind him.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia quickly ducks behind things and draws the stun pistol remaining hidden, but keeping it ready in case she got seen. She hated fighting and would rather be here to provide medical attention, but she reluctantly held the weapon in case she needed it.

As she stood in the shadows, her hands shook a bit as she gripped the weapon. She hated guns and the feeling of it in her hand was causing it to waver a bit.

Remaining hidden she glances behind her. If her party got hurt she'd have a hard time dragging the medical kit back this way to heal them.

Ovelia softly whispers, "It's a bluff...I see two. Him and some small stubby thing. Probably a droid."

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Draw weapon
    Standard: Nothing
    Swift: Nothing

Question: How far are we from where my medical kit was left?
    Last edited by Major; 2012-07-29 at 07:14 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158

NecromancerGuy

"I have your identification right here, hut'uun. Come taste the edge of my beskad!" Kot jeers as he thumps his chest with the fist holding his blade. He raises his blade and prepares for an attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fighting defensively for another +2/+5 to Reflex (+5 if I don't do anything but defend)
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dammit dammit DAMMIT! Why did we have to be attacked by Manda... wait... thinks Jek as pieces begin to come together. "Hey, Mando! You're not a sneaky guy, right?" Jek says as he steps to the side, a little away from T4. "So the attacks on the ship probably aren't because of you. My name is Drey'lorsk, Jek Drey'lorsk. I'm just a damn mechanic!" He steps closer to the soldier, his blaster hidden away in it's holster. "I guess this makes you my superior officer, sir."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: If you can't beat them, make them feel like crap if they beat you.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia mumbles so she can't be heard down the hall, "Pretty sneaky mechanic...Barely saw him and he fired from the shadows."

11. - Top - End - #161

NecromancerGuy

Kot straightens, "and your first thought when wandering the ship, a ship crewed entirely by soldiers and mercenaries, was that the first person you found in your wanderings must be a hostile." Kot lowers his weapon slightly, "I thought Bothan's were supposed to be intelligent. How have you not been spaced yet?"
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'll remain out of sight in case they try and pull something...he doesn't seem to know I'm here." Ovelia says softly.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Last guy I saw tried to kill us," Jek says. "When we were working on the hyperdrive. Considering the recent disappearances, fluctuating power, and inability to contact anyone on a comlink, I made the decision to shoot first ask later." Jek comes another couple steps closer, hands raised in placation. T4 mentioned there were two of them, he thinks. "So, we know you've got another friend running around. If the droid comes out of hiding then your friend follows suit, fair?" Jek then waves T4 over. There wasn't any real way they could outfight the soldier so they might as well talk their way into his group.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia glances over at the Jedi. "I sure wasn't seen..." She whispers not moving out of the shadows.

15. - Top - End - #165

NecromancerGuy

"I know there are only two of you now, thank you for that. However, that's not how this works. If the both of you come into the light and give me some ID, my noble-hearted self and the rest," he gestures around him, "will not have to have to end your existence."

"I am reasonable, yes?"
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

T4 wheels his way into the open.

"I am T4, technical repair robot assigned to the Daedalus recently. I can assure you the validity of Jek's statements, though I don't expect you will believe me. We were just on the way to report to our commanding officer when the turbo lift malfunctioned due to power loss... I don't suppose you could inform us of where we are on the ship, exactly?"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

As T4 came out and asked his question, Jek smiles. "I don't mind telling you there's only two of us," he says. "I'm pretty damn certain you're not the cause of these issues." He slowly reaches into his pocket and retrieves his Datapad. "Mechanic ID's on this. If you have access to a computer while the power's out then I'll be impressed. But until you do, you'll have to take my word that it's valid." He holds it out towards the soldier but doesn't move any closer. T4 said there was only two, and if the Mandolorian tried to bluff him about hidden soldiers then that meant he didn't trust them yet.

18. - Top - End - #168

NecromancerGuy

Kot grunts, "Detention block."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

"...the detention block? How unfortunate. I don't believe I've ever even been to this part of the ship before. I don't suppose you would happen to know an alternative way to get from here to the main bridge aside from the turbo lifts, would you?

"Oh yes, as for identification: As you may or may not be able to see from where you stand, I am clearly branded with the Sith insignia here on my side. Besides, even if I were an enemy of the Sith, I pose no threat to you. I am programmed to not hurt biological life forms unless my existence depends upon it, and a burly biological being like yourself could most likely turn me into scrap metal with one swipe of that fearsome blade of yours anyways."
    Last edited by thechosen2nd; 2012-07-29 at 08:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

NecromancerGuy

That is a... valid point." Kot lowers his weapon. "I have been down here with others since we lost power. We have lost all communication with the rest of the ship."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Seeing the soldier lower his weapon Jek let's out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He lowered his arms and asks, "Now that we're all on the same page, how about you call your 'others' out here and we try to either find out what's going on, or get the Nek out of here."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Soga puts his lightsaber in its holster and walks out of his hiding place.

"Here I am. You seem to be telling the truth, and you're definitely not sith, so you must be in the same boat as we are. As I sense no evil in you, I would gladly accept your offer to group up. I'm sure Ovelia and my good friend the Mandalorian will do the same; they are sensible people. However, I must warn you, Ovelia and I were prior to this hour prisoners, before the power outage was kind enough to free us."

"come over here and we can draw up a plan to escape," Soga smiles a genuine smile.

23. - Top - End - #173

NecromancerGuy

"Ignore that one, I've tried to. They are going back to their cells as soon as the power is back on." He gestures towards the detention block before grabbing Soga by the cuff of his neck and pulling him in behind him, "Help me get the power back on and we can get them secured."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"I may not be Sith, specifically, but I am in their employ for the time being," Jek says to the young man in robes. He was curious as to why such a youth was a prisoner, but he felt it was wiser to not ask the Taung to many questions. But Jek had never been very wise, "So, Mandalorian, where exactly do your loyalties lie if we can't get the power back on? Say, for instance, all the disappearances lead up to today, would you be of the self-preservation persuasion?" Jek has now fully relaxed and walked closer to the young newcomer. He puts his furry hand on the boy's shoulder and asks, "And what of the other prisoner? Ovelia, did you say? Would she really be of a mind to become a prisoner again?" He looks back to T4, garnering some form of courage from the short droid before continuing. "What if we five were to perchance upon an uninhabited hangar, and just so happen to take a ship and find ourselves far gone from this Sith-cursed bucket?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Not gonna roll a Persuasion because we're all PCs here and we can argue it out with RP and words

25. - Top - End - #175

NecromancerGuy

Kot stops and looks back at the Bothan. He keeps a hand on Soga but casually wrests a hand on his sheathed sword. "Of the self-preservation persuasion? Of course. But I have my honor to consider as well as profitable employment training and leading the men aboard this vessel. I have no cause to leave and even more cause to... question... those who would consider looting and desertion at a time of crisis."

Kot looks Jek straight in the eye, "I have no cares as to what the prisoners desire and I will not suffer any talk of desertion by a hut'uunla mechanic who seeks to flee honorable work at the first sign of trouble."

Spoiler
    Show

Mandolorian: Hut'uunla - Cowardly
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Soga turns to Kot, "I admire your desire not to abandon your duty. Unfortunately, your duty seems to be at odds with the intentions of the remainder of our group. Being that there is only one of you, however, you will not be able to stop the four of us from making our way off this ship, or at least trying to. Please reconsider your decision to detain us in light of that fact, or we will be forced to make our way without you."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia remains in the shadows amused as she listens to the group. She wanted to come out and talk, but she was amused by the fact that they had heard of this 'Ovelia' but could not see her.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

Ovelia, T4 & Soga-
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear a soft tapping sound, like metal upon metal. Though quiet as well as slow at first, the sound grows increasingly louder and more rapid. From down the hall, you see several humanoid silhouettes barrel around the corner before stopping still. The newcomers don't indicate that they have spotted you.

Soga-
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice that these three men seem exhausted as they look as if they stopped to catch their breathes. One is holding something in the shape of a blaster.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

T4 blinks in the direction of the newcomers, and says quietly:

"Oh dear. As much as I am enjoying discussing this apparent moral dilemma, it would appear we have company. I certainly hope those humanoids down there aren't more zombie-cyborg-like creatures like the last thing we encountered.
    By the way, I believe I have already made Jek aware of our predicament, but for the rest of you, I suppose I should mention that my analyses of the recent happenings on this ship lead me to the conclusion that we are all utterly doomed. I recommend you all give up hope now: it will save you the let down later when the inevitable happens."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia barely holds back a snort at the droid's comment not wanting to give her location away. She intentionally doesn't mention the figures and decides to let the big bad tough mandalorian and cowardly mechanic find things on their own. She was content to just chill in the shadows and not say anything.