New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

"Of course. I shall do nothing remotely of the sort." Nadas says, raising his head back up again, though keeping it tilted just a bit all the same.

"How are you finding your experience?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I just changed out the door. So far I've almost fallen on my face. Anyway, tell me a bit about yourself." She sits up a bit, paying attention to Nadas.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah well, I'm Nadas of the Xar'cha family. I've devoted myself to the study of many things such as the flora and fauna of the Weald, geography of the Nexus, magical rituals and other such sciences. I am compiling my findings and thinking about even compiling current events as well. In general I find the scientific community of the Nexus lacking... structure in its discoveries and dissemination of information. It is my hope that the publishing of my discoveries in the Weald once I find a practical and purposeful application for one of the species there, that I might be able to encourage other scientists to follow in such a manner. Though admittedly I spend perhaps a great deal of time in libraries as a result..."

Nadas says, motioning to his books.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Dwarf in the Playground

Huh. Vriveka finds that all terribly boring, but doesn't let it show on her face.

"Do you know a lot about fairies? There are a lot of fairies out there, and recently they've been getting more common."

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

"Umm... well I've had the chance to study a few faeries from afar, but nothing detailed. They are a tricky lot." One has to be wary around fairies!

"I suspect I'll study them in more detail in the future." When he gets the chance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

6. - Top - End - #756
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah, got to be careful. Fairies will mess with anything the can get their hands on... or sprinkle their dust on, anyway."

She looks around a bit. "What kind of thing happens at Trog's, anyway? Is it some kind of relaxing thing? Or what?"

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can't say I'm horribly familiar with the place. I only stopped in because I needed a slight rest. I've heard it can vary wildly in rowdiness." In fact, he might want to leave soon before he finds out firsthand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #758
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Huh. Kinda sounds like my life."

I'm just not going to think about that too hard.

"Anywhere else that might be interesting places?"

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Research would be useful. We should do some on both of our ends," Louis says. He seems pretty interested in getting this idea off the ground. "Then we could come together and compare notes. I really just want to make sure the portal won't send you somewhere else by yourself or worse. I haven't even brought my other Super-powered friends through the portal yet."
    Meli nods, clearly a bit unsure about how exactly to conduct research. Though the Elf is very clearly interested in doing so.

"That is a good idea. I am not sure how to research such a thing, but I will try."

Meli writes, smiling optimistically.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Halfling in the Playground

"So...it's a parasite plant." How pleasant. Isabelle slides Cedric's now-empty glass to one side and looks through the menu for something to drink herself.

The squirrel contentedly curls up on her shoulder to go back to sleep.

"Not particularly lethal to the host if left alone, though hardly pleasant and likely to leave a large wound when it exits...but very dangerous if the host attempts to remove it. Quite unpleasant. A fine piece of work indeed."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Pixie in the Playground

From the door a man walks in. He is dressed in all black with the exception of grey and silver here an there as armor over clothing. On his back is a short-handled two-headed ax. On his hip is a thin but long blade sheathed in lack leather. His very presence screams sellsword. With his red-black eyes he scans the area. He then takes a seat at an empty table waiting for something, anything to happen. Maybe someone will have need of his services.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

12. - Top - End - #762
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Almost all plants can be considered parasites to an extent. Their roots deny the nutrients of others, and they grow tall to block the sun from reach those around them. Even the plant I am bonbed to evolved past symbiosis into a predatory role naturally, and it's only been through careful research that I've found a way to bring it back to what it once was." Shayan explains sedately as her eyes turn to the newcomer in the bar. She doesn't deny that the plants she's created have little other application than to cause misery, but no one in Trog's seems to care all that much, even though she explained it plainly.

"So you work in magic? Some of my own abilities lie in that field, but I've never pursued it actively."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "Huh. Kinda sounds like my life."

I'm just not going to think about that too hard.

"Anywhere else that might be interesting places?"
    "Well... the Weald and BDD are both interesting places. And there is that keep... Mithar keep I believe? And Good League of Good." He was a member there for a while before pursuing his scientific endeavors.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #764
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The Weald? What is that?"

Most of the other places she's at least heard of, but this Weald thing is completely new to her.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's an area full of fantastic creatures and plants of the most dangerous sort. Mapping it has been an absolute bear." That may very well be literal knowing the Weald and certainly no real progress has been made. "Magic seems to be in a continual flux there as well."

Kid Kris seems to have remade the thread recently even and revamped the place. It's a lot less... science friendly than it was before and now Nadas doesn't even have a community of guides to help. But he'll still have his tent pitched outside and investigating every once in a while as he's always been. If Kris is ok with it anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #766
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm... sounds like the kind of place that Vriveka could have real fun in! She smiles a bit. "Huh. What about that other place... Black Dragon's Den? I've heard of that, at least." Not much about it, but certain gloamings seem very fond of it...

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's a... seedier place than this, but the concept is mostly the same. Except I know the owner there better than here." Nadas replies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vriveka nods and is quiet for a moment. She looks around a bit... lots of people have drinks. They probably traded money for their drinks... and Vriveka does not have money.

An idea suddenly comes to her. It probably won't get her money, but it might be entertaining.

"Okay, another question. You said I was 'Lloth-touched'? What does that mean, exactly?"

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

"You... don't know?"

Well... either a test or something else?

"Well it's someone... spider-like, as spiders are Lolth's blessed creatures. I, uh, guess I just presumed you were a shapeshifting spider in Lolth's employ. My apologies." Still not going to have that head in anything but a semi-reverent state though. Not to a woman, nor a potential spider woman at that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #770
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm...

"Lloth... is that one of those god things?"

That makes that clear enough...

"Anyway, technically I'm a shape shifting Grig."

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

"Lolth is a goddess, yes." Nadas replies without much elaborating.

"A... grig? Isn't that a subspecies of fairy?" Nadas asks, pulling out his little notebook to make notes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #772
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Cowboy's Table
    (Massive Quotes Spoiler)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Cowboy's Table

"You're new, so I should probably tell you more about the Riftline. It's a railway powered by the interactions of different dimensions interfering with technical equipment or something, and there's a station down the third road to the left should you turn right after leaving Trog's. Yellavyppah is the fourth stop outside the city, unless it's a Tuesday, when it's the seventh. If you carry on till the end of the line, you'll reach the other main city in the Nexus, Riverside." That makes getting there really easy. As for the other question, Gertrude is assuming that Benjamin the Cowboy is well-equipped for a dungeon crawl as he's familiar with exploring, and should have enough for Isla, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    The Cowboy's Table

Upon seeing yet another occurring fight in the middle of their conversation, the cowboy mutters, "That's the fifth one so far. Not even on Christmas the bars back home get this rowdy."

Benjamin removes this distraction from his mind. He can't be bothered by bar fights! He's got an adventure to plan out!

For having recently escaped from a prison cell, Benjamin doesn't have much. He just as his 67 bullets, two pistols, a black leather jacket, a small (and empty) calico backpack under his jacket which he got during a brief journey through Mexico, a bandana, a spare bandana, a harmonica, spurs on his boots, a cowboy hat, his belt holsters, a sharp eye, his wit, amazingly fast shooting, his Special Power, his other Borrowed Special Power which he Hates Using, and an unnumbered measure of small coins. He had to cut his last lasso while he was cliffdiving, so he would feel more comfortable with a new lasso and a spare lasso.

"I'll just need two lassos and a couple of fresh fruits. I like them a whole lot better than vegetables." Benjamin stands up, ready to leave. "But, I suppose I could find those on this Train Station. They're pretty common things."

"'Sides,"
    he adds, "I'm pretty sure that if we stay any longer in this bar, then everyone will burst into flames and try to eat out our livers." If he didn't look so serious, it'd be obvious that he was joking.
    Benjamin leaves, presumably with the other people.

(I'm not sure where Orb of Blood is...)

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

((Unable to find streets and seeking something cliche to start a new character))

Primus enters the tavern and sits down then creates and places a do not disturb sign on the table. He then pulls out a coloring book and some crayons and begins coloring.

Appearance (because you've just got to have one these days):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance is 140 lbs, 6'0", not very muscular, light tan skin, has a stetson hat, t-shirt, pants, sandals, belt with a pouch on the left and a holster containing a revolver on the right.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

24. - Top - End - #774

If Primus is willing to fight someone, (and if GoodDragon is still online), then...
    (Anyone else can fight, as well.)

Battle music starts! The bass line is a little upbeat, and there's lots of sharps and flats in the music. It sounds like a classic battle-music - like it's not going to be a pushover fight, but it's not boss music, either. And no Latin Chanting. Just some strings, a saxophone, and a CG-bass line.

Just after the music starts, a sworded man walks into the Tavern Door! He has only one sword, though, but he's not using it. It's sheathed, because it was just something that the designers decided to throw on at the last minute, and didn't actually make any graphics of him swinging the sword.

He's strong enough to be a knight, but he's unarmored. He has a cape dramatically blowing in the wind. And, worse, his eyes are completely black! (Pupils, iris, and that white junk too! They're all black.

And, his name, ??? is written in red, showing that he's an enemy. His HP is currently 133/137, and his MP is 40/52.

He looks rather menacing...the NPCs cower in fright!

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    If Primus is willing to fight someone
    ((Not sure if I should as my character is ridiculously overpowered. The pistol is just for harassment and dramatic value. Also because I can deal a fixed amount of damage with it. On a secondary note my character generally tries to avoid fighting because it is scary.))
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

26. - Top - End - #776

(Oh.)

(Well, it'd be worth a shot, anyway.)

(Or, at least, it would be, if I didn't have to go to bed right now. Sorry. Maybe next time.)

The enemy ??? is suddenly attacked by a DEADTIME beam, and is frozen in place until I come back tomorrow, or some other day.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Lolth is a goddess, yes." Nadas replies without much elaborating.

"A... grig? Isn't that a subspecies of fairy?" Nadas asks, pulling out his little notebook to make notes.

"'subspecies' is misleading. Given the magical and biological variance of fairies, it would be more accurate to classify them as a phylum, or an order at lowest. Of course, trying to apply the standard taxonomic model to any supernatural entity is just asking for trouble."

BOOH YEAH. The time she spied on a middle school life science class? Totally worth it. Beyond giving the lizard feathered wings, even.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

??? needs to show up at NO where the best RPG parody characters are located.

Nadas takes some notes. "Really? What else should I know pertaining to grigs?" Scribble scribble scribble. He's probably writing down every word Vriveka says.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #779
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Every grig has a magical gift, a specific kind of magic they can cast. They are usually limited to the gift, or even more so that that, except for some common spells... and even some grigs can't do the common spells."

"Personally," she says, with a bit of pride, "I am gifted in flesh magic."

30. - Top - End - #780

??? is only in RPG style so that, if he gets close to dying, I can do the Big Name Reveal and he'll be able to cut away into a cutscene and become a future boss character or a possible future ally.
    Although, a short while ago, I did have an amazingly awesome dream about a cool RPG character. As soon as I woke up, my first thought was, "It'd be cool to RP that." The second thought went along the same lines - "Determinação?!? What does that have to do with the pause menu?"
    I might shoot her over to NO.

The Battle Music starts up again, drawing in whoever wishes to be in the battle. (Everyone else will be in the background, so they don't have to worry about getting hit by a spare swing or something) ??? breaks the deadtime around him like Godzilla breaking himself out of a giant glacier. His blacked out eyes look even blacker now.

((Anyone who is available wants to be in a battle?))