New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Post Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Samantha seems curious about the last part of this response. She raises an eyebrow " Academy? You learned magic at an academy? That is interesting..." She seems to muse over this last bit, taking another deep drink from her beverage.
    Last edited by Me.; 2012-09-01 at 09:30 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Having someone else think that magic can't be studied like a science makes Levi doubt his previous hypothesis.

He drinks his [probably water with a lime] and listens until someone decides to bother him, as he tries to decide how magic works. Can you study it or not? is the first question on his mind.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chas the elf hippie comes into the Tavern, accompanied by his handsome human suit-wearing side-kick, Aether. They both sport sunglasses as they enter, and make their way to the bar, ordering themselves beers - as per usual, and then light up cigarettes (What a surprise)
    avvie by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #1084

GnomeWizardGuy

Gird looks up at Chas, points at him, points back where he last saw Chas a few minutes ago (passed out by glasses of water which are now cleaned up), points back to Chas, then decides it isn't worth asking and goes back to his woodcarving which is now looks like its almost done.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chas raises an eyebrow when Gird points to him, giving a smirk and a snicker. HE pulls out a fat cigar, which looks like it has been doctored in some way, and begins to smoke it. It has a rather odd, herbal, pungent and skunky odor to it, with rather thick white smoke. If anyone's gotten close to Chas, its also what he usually smells like - albeit more potent.
    avvie by Sneak

6. - Top - End - #1086

"You didn't?" The idea of someone learning magic outside a college.... Is that even possible? Everything he knows of magic says no; It requires ritual, discipline, practice, knowledge. Training that takes years before even the simplest spell can be cast. Not things that can be stumbled upon.

But then, someone must have. The first primitive sorcerers, who founded the basis upon which the grand colleges now stand. Is it not conceivable that maybe, maybe cruder traditions still persevere in these foreign lands?
    "Uh, yes. Yes I did. Spent most of my life in the Royal Academy for Etheric Arts. And you?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-09-02 at 01:37 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "We offered our services as skilled warriors to aid in protecting this city when it was vulnerable." Sornnolu says, in way of explanation, glossing over any other implied concessions. "A few thought it was beneath them to bend to the laws of Inside, and more particularly to living under the rulership of non-drow. I tried to choose my people as carefully as I could, however. Though it can be difficult to find the open minded sometimes." He admits with a sigh.
    Dipsnig shrugs.
    "Some people are just bone-headed. Although I have to admit, many of the goblins living in Inside weren't happy to live under human government either. Historic reasons. Can't really blame them. I was never technically a citizen of Inside, being the head of NO. And by the time I became Councilor, the goblins had moved to Underside."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Sornnolu chuckles at the 'bone-headed' remark. He couldn't get away with saying something like that, as much as he agreed with it. "May I ask how things are in the council?" It was a polite question, easily refused, but it was clear Sornnolu was quite curious.
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2012-09-02 at 12:58 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig's ears twitch a little as he tries to decide how much he can tell.
    "Same old, really. Council doesn't do as much as you'd think. We're mostly representative, unless something big happens. One of the many strange things about Inside, and Nexus in general, is that it pretty much runs itself most of the time."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

"So I have heard." Sornnolu agrees. "From the time we made first contact with the Nexus, many governments and powers have risen and fell. Some would say anarchy is best suited for such a place." His father was one such person, though Sornnolu clearly found the idea distasteful.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't know about best suited, but it does come out on top pretty often, and I've been here a while. Things have been more stable than ever lately, though. I suppose part of it may be that there's no single authority figure, like the Empire was. In that, at least, the Council does its job," Dipsnig says.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

"It is a good form of government. Even we drow have such a system. In Menzoberranzan the eight greatest Houses form a ruling council to make decisions for the entire city. Having so many making those choices usually keeps individual rivalries out of policy." The drow mage explains. "It is not a perfect system, but it is far better than anarchy or an autocracy."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm. That works, I suppose. Back in Dragonbone Colony we've got the Big Boss, who gets to his position by gaining support of the wealthy class. If you ask me, though... no system has ever got personal rivalries out of policy." Dipsnig shakes his head. "From what I've heard about drow politics, I don't have to tell you this, anyway."

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Sornnolu chuckles. "I can only imagine what you've been told, Master Razortooth, but I suspect it may all be true."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal, a young woman with short hair like strands of glass and pure white eyes, looks to the man making his announcement with some interest.

I don't know him by name, but if you got a picture and a way to keep in contact, I can keep an eye out for him. She speaks loud enough to be heard, but hopefully not loud enough to wake up Ba.

Catching criminals? Yeah, Krystal will jump at the chance.
    Batiste grins warmly. Of course, here he is about a month ago, seen walking on Inside. Batiste will walk toward Krystal and hand her the picture. There, is also a card. Should you tap the card you'll be able to talk to me through your mind. Parlimentarian Batiste grins. He...has unnerving eyes. Bright green orbs of arrogance. There's some great anger in there, mixed with sadness and....a strange glint deep down. Batiste....was an odd child.

16. - Top - End - #1096

Krystal takes the picture and looks at it for a moment before putting it away for now. She can look at it more later.

She puts both the picture and the card in an inside pocket of her denim jacket.

Can I get your name, too? So I know who I'm addressing with the mindspeak. She doesn't seem to be disturbed by his eyes at all. But then, spending years staring at your own pure white eyes in a mirror might do that to a person.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "You didn't?" The idea of someone learning magic outside a college.... Is that even possible? Everything he knows of magic says no; It requires ritual, discipline, practice, knowledge. Training that takes years before even the simplest spell can be cast. Not things that can be stumbled upon.

But then, someone must have. The first primitive sorcerers, who founded the basis upon which the grand colleges now stand. Is it not conceivable that maybe, maybe cruder traditions still persevere in these foreign lands?
    "Uh, yes. Yes I did. Spent most of my life in the Royal Academy for Etheric Arts. And you?"
    Samantha shifts a little nervously in her seat "Wish I could tell you, really I do. But...I can't for...reasons...sorry." She manages to mumble the apology to the wizard, meanwhile her brother looks over to her, monitoring her and thinking She can't be foolish enough to jeopardize our mission again, could she?.

18. - Top - End - #1098

"Oh uh, no, no I completely understand, no need to apologize." Wishing desperately for something to do other than feel awkward, the wizard turns his eyes and attention to the neglected mug of dragon whiskey, downing nearly half the foul, bubbling brew in a single gul.

This naturally leads to a spell of coughing, face twisting into a grimace as it burns his throat on the way down. No more experienced with drink than magic it seems, and without the benefit of twelve years training.

"Uhg. So, uhm... Few topics come to mind other than her magic, which is apparently taboo. "Are you from around here?"

19. - Top - End - #1099

GnomeWizardGuy

Gird finishes his carving and sets it on the table. It looks like a very intricately carved goblin. The goblin has a large pack stuffed to the brim with things stuff hangs off the side of the pack and a sign that reads "Gobble's Bobbles" sits on the top of the pack. If you look really closely you could swear that there's a Minotaur doll clutched in the goblin's hand. Gird looks happy at his work and gently pushes it towards Krystal.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

20. - Top - End - #1100

Krystal will gladly pick up the carving and examine it for a moment.

Wow. That's really good. How long have you been carving?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Samantha seems glad to change the subject. This she can talk about, if only a little bit. She smiles and giggles lightly as she replies "Not exactly. Then again, it seems like so few people in this bar are. May I inquire as to where you come from?"
    Samuel breathes a slight sigh of relief. still, she's getting a little too intimate, but this is more do-able.

22. - Top - End - #1102

GnomeWizardGuy

Gird thinks a bit and then shrugs Years. Gobble give Gird knife long past. Gird honestly didn't remember when he got the knife, just that Gobble had given it to him.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

23. - Top - End - #1103

Krystal nods a little. Well, you are really good at it.

You ever sell your carvings?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #1104

GnomeWizardGuy

Gird gives Krystal a confused look and reaches into his pack to pull out three more carvings. One is of Ba curled up sleeping with half a boot sticking out of his mouth, one is of a squirrel with arms and legs outstretched, and the other is a miniature version of Gird's greatclub.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

25. - Top - End - #1105

Krystal chuckles a little at the one of Ba.

You are really, really good at this, Gird.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chas sits at the bar, drinking slowly as he puffs off of his skunky smelling hebral cigar, acting unusually intoxicated for those that have seen sit as he does many days and binge on beer and everclear.
    avvie by Sneak

27. - Top - End - #1107

The wizard doesn't press any further, catching on that Samantha doesn't want to be asked questions. Besides, he's more than happy to speak of his homeland. "Ledine, in the Aules empire, up near the mountains and the Summer Valleys. But that doesn't mean anything to you, does it?" A wistful look creeps across the wizard's face as he speaks, ending with a long sigh.

"Sorry, I guess I'm a little homesick. It's all so strange here. Things I took for granted are different, things I thought impossible, very real. I'll mention something everyone would know back home only to be slapped in the face by the fact that here, they don't." And down goes the second half of the dragon whiskey, with slightly less aftermath this time.

28. - Top - End - #1108

GnomeWizardGuy

Gird's smile widens and he nods Thanky thanky, is like carving.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

29. - Top - End - #1109

You have any other hobbies at all?

Krystal is very curious about her new friend.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal takes the picture and looks at it for a moment before putting it away for now. She can look at it more later.

She puts both the picture and the card in an inside pocket of her denim jacket.

Can I get your name, too? So I know who I'm addressing with the mindspeak. She doesn't seem to be disturbed by his eyes at all. But then, spending years staring at your own pure white eyes in a mirror might do that to a person.
    Batiste runs a hand through his short spiky brown hair and adjusts the clasps to his cape. I am Parliamentarian Batiste, Prince of Amara. I'm on a diplomatic mission from Medea to find Louv're, along with Executive Pay.