New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLVI: A Tark of the Klones, Electric Boogalo

Sneaky
    Future

Plot happens? Almost? Maybe?

EDIT: What's even happening in panel 3? Is someone shaving over a spider?
    Last edited by Khosan; 2012-09-13 at 11:12 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLVI: A Tark of the Klones, Electric Boogalo

Wait, so the whole point of this was to get Celesto? Why isn't the King attacking the Deegans, then, since they're the ones who have Celesto? And how does teleporting the sanctum help him get Celesto? Does Mookie even remember the whole teleport thing?

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Wow, no attempt at all to tie the zombies to Dave's plan. Dominic's just gonna jump straight to conclusions and bypass straight to the next plot milestone. Or maybe Dom's had enough and is marching out of this comic.

Also, "Aberthast County". I'm guessing this means it's part of the United States of Callan and there isn't an Earl/Count of Aberthast out there somewhere.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Also, "Aberthast County". I'm guessing this means it's part of the United States of Callan and there isn't an Earl/Count of Aberthast out there somewhere.
    Oh wow. So Aberthast was part of Callan all along? Or what? Man, I don't even know.

Still, it's nice for Dominic to connect these dots for DJ. It more than makes up for DJ's total lack of action against the Deegans and their resultant lack of action against DJ. Perhaps this was the terms of their apparent armistice?

No, Dominic is on full Plot Vision mode right now: whatever he saw in the "Heart" is telling him to find DJ and surrender Celesto to him while the Scoobies go conduct some ridiculous end-run that will make DJ look like a chump.

I expect Dominic to spend the last month of the comic saying a lot of "I Just Knew"
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the way Dominic thinks.
    Do nothing but sit in your house for a year, then when things go bad, find a desperate and drastic solution.

Until this minute, what did Dominic actually do to stop the king? Nothing.
    Even his original plan from before the twin arcs, to find evidences against the king by invading his defenses was abandoned and forgotten. At the end, it was the priests who found some incriminating stuff (and guess what, they didn't need Celesto for this!)

6. - Top - End - #1056

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    No, Dominic is on full Plot Vision mode right now: whatever he saw in the "Heart" is telling him to find DJ and surrender Celesto to him while the Scoobies go conduct some ridiculous end-run that will make DJ look like a chump.
    Dom is going to go and surrender himself. The current reason for Dave needing Celesto is purely so he can find the Heart for him. Dom can do that. There are many, many plot holes that means this doesn't make sense but is that going to stop Mookie?
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-09-14 at 12:59 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Dom is going to go and surrender himself. The current reason for Dave needing Celesto is purely so he can find the Heart for him. Dom can do that. There are many, many plot holes that means this doesn't make sense but is that going to stop Mookie?
    I thought Celesto was needed because he contained Snuggly's mind and DJ primary goal is 'to serve his master'

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    I thought Celesto was needed because he contained Snuggly's mind and DJ primary goal is 'to serve his master'
    And I thought it has something to do with finding the heart using the abilities that are unique to a chaos seer.

Good to know that the long exposition served its purpose by explaining things to us...

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow, Dominic is giving up after doing absolutely jack-**** about DJ. Mookie, you fail at writing a hopeless situation. We feel nothing from this because all Dominic has done is sit on his ass all day and suddenly decides to crumple in defeat when just one battle goes awry. Hell, Dominic's mom is still around, why isn't she fixing everything? Oh, that's because she's sitting on her ass too.
    Last edited by Humbug; 2012-09-14 at 04:04 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1060

I'm still amazed that Dominic knows what going on, but apparently none of the other mages in the kingdom have any idea.
    And something Horrible has happened to Luna's chest! Any higher and they'll be growing out of her collar bone.
    +1

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Troll in the Playground

I have a vague suspicion of what may be going on here.

There are cracks in the featureless void. The last time something similar started happening around Dom, he got sent on vacation to keep him from snapping.

If this is leading to what my mind says it may be leading to, it could very well be interesting.

So it's probably just the blight of the undead leaking in through their second sight.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadeadbeard View Post
    And something Horrible has happened to Luna's chest! Any higher and they'll be growing out of her collar bone.
    That must be what made Dominic finally snap. Dear lord they look wrong.

And I'm amused and heartened by the fact that nobody else knows what's going on. Thank god it wasn't just me.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tearing souls apart creates zombies because_____.
    Necromancy can create white magic zombies because_____.
    The blight can create dust zombies becaue_____.
    Dominic knows that King DJ is launching this assault to acquire celesto because_____.
    King DJ will stop his assault after a getting said Celesto because_____.

The answer like always is because if Mookie knows than so does everyone else

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Veridis Quo View Post
    Tearing souls apart creates zombies because_____.
    Necromancy can create white magic zombies because_____.
    The blight can create dust zombies becaue_____.
    Dominic knows that King DJ is launching this assault to acquire celesto because_____.
    King DJ will stop his assault after a getting said Celesto because_____.

The answer like always is because if Mookie knows than so does everyone else
    No, the answer like always is METAL!!
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Oh wow. So Aberthast was part of Callan all along? Or what? Man, I don't even know.

Still, it's nice for Dominic to connect these dots for DJ. It more than makes up for DJ's total lack of action against the Deegans and their resultant lack of action against DJ. Perhaps this was the terms of their apparent armistice?

I expect Dominic to spend the last month of the comic saying a lot of "I Just Knew"
    I remember when the zombies were a side effect of Rilian's necromancy and not some roundabout plot to get Miranda to surrender Celesto.

Oh, hey, that was a couple of days ago.

Seriously, what is going on here? Or in Mookie's head, for that matter?

Also, Fangly has a brother:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Surprise twist: Dominic is Mookiee. We know this to be true. Dominic is giving up. Ergo, Mookie is giving up. Ergo, this is the last page of the comic.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

Such tragedy... if only they knew something like this happen. Then they could have taken much better precautions like burning the dead, or evacuating the area. Oh wait... Luna did suspect this might happen...

18. - Top - End - #1068

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    In another comic, one could speculate that Rilian is actually the one responsible for the zombies. Possibly to force David to divert resources to save those people (cause he's supposed to be a humanitarian), or as a desperate gambit to make David realize how corrupt he's become that he no longer care about his fellow man. But yea, that'll be a different comic. Rock on y'all.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground

You know how the moral of this comic seems to be to do nothing and wait for things to come to you? Bulgak's resurrection into a plant wasn't due to his sins, it was a reward, true enlightenment. Being a plant is paradise in this comic because plants can't do anything, they're utterly incapable and therefore to be envied.

Cheap shot: This might also explain why Mookie is vegan.

20. - Top - End - #1070

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    Mookie eats the thing that he wants to become?

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    you poor misguided fool. Mookie became a plant three days ago.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    You know how the moral of this comic seems to be to do nothing and wait for things to come to you? Bulgak's resurrection into a plant wasn't due to his sins, it was a reward, true enlightenment. Being a plant is paradise in this comic because plants can't do anything, they're utterly incapable and therefore to be envied.

You're forgetting about the carnivorous plants, I see.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cavelcade View Post
    You're forgetting about the carnivorous plants, I see.
    Which just raise further questions about how much Mookie has been teased for being a vegan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Well…..you are what you eat. Maybe he ate so much vegetables he started to think like one?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

this is getting a bit mean...
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree. Lay off on the author-attacks before we cross the line.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    Also, Fangly has a brother:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He looks like a mix between Beaker and Johnny Bravo.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

Sneaky terribleness.
    Future terribleness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Panel 6. Those loving looks.

EDIT: Oh, and weren't there some wards in place at the Sanctum?
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-09-16 at 10:16 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ettin in the Playground

I sure hope Mookie learns for his next comic how to make two panels worth of comic fit in two panels, rather than eight.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

30. - Top - End - #1080

GnomeWizardGuy

Gee Dominic there's an awful lot of "ifs" and "mays" in your plan, it sure would be nice if you knew a way of better way than hunches about what is likely to happen in the future.