New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLVI: A Tark of the Klones, Electric Boogalo

Wait... The King needs a seer to find the Heart of Magic... But isn't he a seer himself? Why does he need another seer to help him? Is there something I missed?

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLVI: A Tark of the Klones, Electric Boogalo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Wait... The King needs a seer to find the Heart of Magic... But isn't he a seer himself? Why does he need another seer to help him? Is there something I missed?
    Apparently the King isn't a Seer despite having had a Vision of the HoM, detecting a Vision (which isn't even a thing Seers can do AFAIK), and being able to see perfectly well without having eyes.

Yeah, I don't even
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

So what you all think of baldy from panel 8?

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Apparently the King isn't a Seer despite having had a Vision of the HoM, detecting a Vision (which isn't even a thing Seers can do AFAIK), and being able to see perfectly well without having eyes.

Yeah, I don't even
    Wow how did I miss that? I thought it was explicitly stated years ago that the King was the most powerful seer ever.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

*delurks*

Y'know, if this were any other comic, I'd say that finding something like the door to the Heart of Magic simply takes a lot of time, because it moves in relation to the Elemecca or something like that. Therefore, having two seers working on it rather than just one cuts the workload in half. Of course, since it's Dominic Deegan, it's because the King magically lost his Seer powers for inadequately explained reasons.

*relurks*
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

6. - Top - End - #1116

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Wow how did I miss that? I thought it was explicitly stated years ago that the King was the most powerful seer ever.
    The King has never been a seer. There have always been (three|four|five|...) Travoria sisters. It has always been illegal to own multiple businesses in Callan. We have always been at war with Orcasia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    The King has never been a seer. There have always been (three|four|five|...) Travoria sisters. It has always been illegal to own multiple businesses in Callan. We have always been at war with Orcasia.
    Mookiee's grasp of continuity really is quite 1984-esque, isn't it.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Mookiee's grasp of continuity really is quite 1984-esque, isn't it.
    Sanity sure is not statistical, I've yet to find a single person who at least pretends that what's going on makes perfect sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

The Future

If this is what it looks like, but most likely isn't then fair play.

10. - Top - End - #1120

GnomeWizardGuy

A fitting end to the comic.

Edit: Wait a minute, I remember this part from Mass Effect 3.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-09-19 at 12:32 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Dwarf in the Playground

And so the King vaporized Dominic and won the day.

O wait, this is a laser beam of teleportation rather than a laser beam of killing.
    Magic everyone.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Wait, so, Snuggly was hanging out in front of the house THE WHOLE TIME? Or did he just show up? What?

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, this is Wednesday's comic? Huh.

Actually, to be honest, when I saw this, I thought for a moment that it meant that Friday was upon us, and I started thinking about the weekend. No joke.

I'm not sure what that says about Mookie, or about me.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

14. - Top - End - #1124

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Erik von Nein View Post
    Wait, so, Snuggly was hanging out in front of the house THE WHOLE TIME? Or did he just show up? What?
    He's always been there, either slightly off panel or behind the featureless white void.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post
    O wait, this is a laser beam of teleportation rather than a laser beam of killing.
    By the end of the comic I expect everything, even mundane stuff like making a cup of tea, to manifest as laser beams.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post
    And so the King vaporized Dominic and won the day.

Magic everyone.
    Dracula did it better.

Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.

16. - Top - End - #1126

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Edit: Wait a minute, I remember this part from Mass Effect 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie's newspost
    The soundtrack to this comic, for me anyway, is "Leaving Earth" from the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack. The lone, sad piano fits Dominic and Luna's sad farewell, and the sudden dark swell of the music signals the arrival of the warped battlecasters.

annoyedbrows.gif

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

The pacing is all off. It's so quick that when you read the comic it feels like you haven't read anything at all. For once, it would have been ok to split this into two comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie
    - Dominic was originally going to be saying "I have to go" when he hugged Luna, but once again I thought it was more dramatic for the whole comic to be silent. Dialogue would have made this comic bittersweet, but I feel the silence makes it almost ominous.
    It really does sound like he's writing this for himself.

"I have to go, my home plane needs me." Dominic was killed on the way back to his home plane.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

What does it say about me that I originally thought the future link was a slay, and not the real comic?

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    "I have to go, my home plane needs me." Dominic was killed on the way back to his home plane.
    DOMINICS DEAD! Well kids, we all know that sometimes when comic-strip characters die, they're back again the very next week. That's why I'm presenting this sworn affidavit that Dominus will never, ever, ever return!

20. - Top - End - #1130

Was it ever explained why Smuggly has dead people hanging from his tentacles? Are those battlecasters? What are they doing there?

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Was it ever explained why Smuggly has dead people hanging from his tentacles? Are those battlecasters? What are they doing there?
    That's not the "real" Snuggly. It's a bunch of cattleblasters who have merged their face-tentacles into, well, whatever the hell that is.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

For some reason, I got to thinking about how Mookiee could actually create some tension here (actually, this started as a dream, but it's not a bad idea); What if Dominic used his trademark "SEE THE TRUTH" Spell, and... It didn't work. Or worse, it actually backfired, and gave David valuable information about the cloak of ara or something. This would actually make the king seem dangerous, because he's shrugged off or even subverted something that up until this point has been Dominic's instant win button.

Also, where is TIM in all this? Dominic getting stabbed upon arrival would fit his modus opperandi.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-09-19 at 11:09 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    The pacing is all off. It's so quick that when you read the comic it feels like you haven't read anything at all. For once, it would have been ok to split this into two comics.
    Something else bothers me about the pacing, and it's not the total amount of panels spent for this scene.
    What bothers me, is that no time at all was spent to try to find an alternative, or even question Dominic if it's the smart thing to do.
    It was like: "I'll sacrifice myself (and probably destroy all the world as the result)", "ok, go ahead".

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    Wait, this is Wednesday's comic? Huh.

Actually, to be honest, when I saw this, I thought for a moment that it meant that Friday was upon us, and I started thinking about the weekend. No joke.

I'm not sure what that says about Mookie, or about me.
    I guess Mookie must have recently looked at a calendar and realized just how few Fridays he actually has left.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Something else bothers me about the pacing, and it's not the total amount of panels spent for this scene.
    What bothers me, is that no time at all was spent to try to find an alternative, or even question Dominic if it's the smart thing to do.
    It was like: "I'll sacrifice myself (and probably destroy all the world as the result)", "ok, go ahead".
    Mookie decided to get on with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

It's like he decided to skip all the boring parts of a story and move right to the dramatic moments, without realizing that these "boring parts" are supposed to be a buildup, and are necessary for a dramatic moment.

27. - Top - End - #1137

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie
    - The soundtrack to this comic, for me anyway, is "Leaving Earth" from the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack. The lone, sad piano fits Dominic and Luna's sad farewell, and the sudden dark swell of the music signals the arrival of the warped battlecasters.
    In one story, a character does an extremely risky thing in an desperate attempt to save the known galaxy. In DD, a character does an extremely risky thing in an attempt that may destroy the know world... Yea, it doesn't quite work dear Mookie. Rock on.

28. - Top - End - #1138

Sneaky Gate
    Future Link

Pfft! Miranda, how dare you not say anything to Dominic while he walked away! Cause y'know I'm a strong independent woman and therefore incapable of telling my husband that his plan hurts me (and is incredibly stupid)...

Also, the way Mookie wrote this, it sounds like they just dumped Clestro into a black box w/o even bothering to sedate him. This is silly.

Well rock on, or something.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, is Katya still on the ground in pain from the undead attack or whatever? Because she collapsed, we flashed to zombies attacking, then Dominic surrendered, and now Nimmel is back.

I'm sure Mookie just forgot, but I like to think everyone is just ignoring the half-wolf chick flopping around on the floor.

Panel 5 Miranda is drawn poorly even by Mookie standards.
    Last edited by Rhapsh; 2012-09-20 at 02:39 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1140

GnomeWizardGuy

"Miranda's Secret Backup Demiplane"