New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: OotS Style Art/Fanart Showcase V

Quote Originally Posted by gurgleflep View Post
    It's saddening that I've been doing this since March and you few who only started recently beat me in detail xD
    I do my OOTS for fun, not just avatars. I've been tempted to make a comic but I wouldn't know where to begin.

And on that note, I'm going to make some OOTS - I like custom races
    I just started doing it because I realized all the simple requests that people have sort of get swept under the rug, so a lot of people are doing four or even five reposts, and nobody gets to them, even though there are so many talented avatarists, and doing one of those avatars wouldn't take more than an hour or two. Unfortunately for me, my style very quickly deviated from the original OOTS style, and now I'm way too tempted to do more and more details so it takes me forever. (Plus job, six campaigns, worldbuilding for a seventh, and other translation work.)
    Caution: Deviance Ahead.
    Sarcasm. Sincerity. Nitpick.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyGodImOnFire View Post
    I just started doing it because I realized all the simple requests that people have sort of get swept under the rug, so a lot of people are doing four or even five reposts, and nobody gets to them, even though there are so many talented avatarists, and doing one of those avatars wouldn't take more than an hour or two. Unfortunately for me, my style very quickly deviated from the original OOTS style, and now I'm way too tempted to do more and more details so it takes me forever. (Plus job, six campaigns, worldbuilding for a seventh, and other translation work.)
    I'll stick to normal OOTS until I'm more comfortable with Inkscape.
    I also don't have nearly as many things on my plate as you >_> I'm reading, planning my campaign (history, races, etc.) while a player's away, and trying to get a job. Six campaigns?!

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Troll in the Playground

Most of my avatars don't take more than an hour or two, at most. There are exactly two that took longer: my current one, and this one:

(kinda big)
    Spoiler
    Show

My current one took almost 9 hours, because I was constantly experimenting the whole time to get the look I wanted.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2013-08-06 at 10:23 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

4. - Top - End - #1114

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Most of my avatars don't take more than an hour or two, at most. There are exactly two that took longer: my current one, and this one:

*avatar sized kitty/dragon/bunny/I dunno/archer/ranger*

(kinda big)
    *kitty/dragon/bunny/I dunno/archer/ranger*

My current one took almost 9 hours, because I was constantly experimenting the whole time to get the look I wanted.
    By Thor's hammer, that's awesome! I want that bow D:
    Last edited by gurgleflep; 2013-08-06 at 10:24 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll stick to normal OOTS until I'm more comfortable with Inkscape.
    I also don't have nearly as many things on my plate as you >_> I'm reading, planning my campaign (history, races, etc.) while a player's away, and trying to get a job. Six campaigns?!
    Yeah, one of which I am DM'ing, two of which are filled with diabolical schemes, and one gestalt game. They're all in my extended signature so you can take a look at them there, and help me weep at how much more I've bitten off than I can probably chew.

(kinda big)

*dat bow

Oh my god I am in LOOOOOOVE. How much time did you spend on that bow???

EDIT: Just noticed the unicorn on the handle. I lol'd.
    Last edited by OhMyGodImOnFire; 2013-08-06 at 10:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1116

HalfOrcPirate

Yeah, one of which I am DM'ing, two of which are filled with diabolical schemes, and one gestalt game. They're all in my extended signature so you can take a look at them there, and help me weep at how much more I've bitten off than I can probably chew.

*snip*
    I've already looked at it believe it or not xD I see "extended signature" and I hope for homebrew.

~~Squiggles!~~

I've made a drow/orc hybrid family Until I can think of a better name (or one's suggested) they'll be called orow.

Is this to big to not be in a spoiler? In a spoiler as a precaution.
    Spoiler
    Show

As per the normal setup, I'm open for all suggestions and advice. This is the first pregnancy I've done and the first child!
    Last edited by gurgleflep; 2013-08-07 at 02:09 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

By Thor's hammer, that's awesome! I want that bow D:
    Thanks! It's actually a legendary item in the game Guild Wars 2, but they take a loooooong time to get.

Oh my god I am in LOOOOOOVE. How much time did you spend on that bow???

EDIT: Just noticed the unicorn on the handle. I lol'd.
    About 2-3 hours on the bow by itself. Maybe a little bit longer...

Oh, and the bow has a unicorn-related power, hence the unicorn on the grip .

I've made a drow/orc hybrid family Until I can think of a better name (or one's suggested) they'll be called orow.

Is this to big to not be in a spoiler?
    <snip>

As per the normal setup, I'm open for all suggestions and advice. This is the first pregnancy I've done and the first child!
    It might be just a lil too big, but it's mostly about width (mostly).

Something seems off about the child, but I am not exactly sure what. It might be the fangs, or the head or body size. It also might simply be that it's almost 3 AM here and I'm getting a little tired.
    Morning Star

8. - Top - End - #1118

HalfOrcPirate

Thanks! It's actually a legendary item in the game Guild Wars 2, but they take a loooooong time to get.

*snip*

It might be just a lil too big, but it's mostly about width (mostly).

Something seems off about the child, but I am not exactly sure what. It might be the fangs, or the head or body size. It also might simply be that it's almost 3 AM here and I'm getting a little tired.
    Do you actually have it on a character? I've never played the game and don't know much about it.

Tusks, not fangs - I used to call them the same thing though
    Sadly, there aren't any good references for children but the comics and those were the wrong race. The munchkin's one of the main things I'm hoping for suggestions on.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Troll in the Playground

Do you actually have it on a character? I've never played the game and don't know much about it.

Tusks, not fangs - I used to call them the same thing though
    Sadly, there aren't any good references for children but the comics and those were the wrong race. The munchkin's one of the main things I'm hoping for suggestions on.
    Yeah, I do; you can see it on my character here. This is a further-away shot, but it shows you what happens when you fire an arrow with it .

As for the picture, younger children are difficult to draw if you haven't already practiced. If you want to stick close to the OotS style, then I think the head might need to be a little bigger, or the body skinnier. At least from my experience, kids tend not to be stocky when they're younger, but then I only have experience with human kids.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2013-08-07 at 02:51 AM.
    Morning Star

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Pixie in the Playground

Can't into art today. Blargh. Everything else here looks pretty good, though. You guys rock.

Spoiler
    Show
    references what are references

A question for the fancomic people: Do you work with templates or draw your characters from scratch for every panel?

EDIT: Hair fixed.
    Last edited by DoctorCaffeine; 2013-08-07 at 03:49 AM.
    [Not actually a doctor yet.]

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

I use templates and re-draw anything that needs re-drawing, such as uniquely posed limbs, facial expressions, motions, or other such things. Typically, relying 100% on pre-made assets limits what you can do and stunts the learning of how to tackle some of the more difficult things to do in whatever style you end up using. As an artist, you want to tackle difficult things once in a while, because at least when you're scared you aren't bored.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Work faster?
    I'm quick with mine, but that's because nearly everything I do is simple.
    Heh, I've noticed that my art has been getting more and more simple compared to my old things
    Examples of my older more traditional yet often more detailed work:
    Spoiler
    Show

Commissioned art:
    Spoiler
    Show

Shading:
    Spoiler
    Show

Asymetric characters were a big thing for me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Even simple avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

It's saddening that I've been doing this since March and you few who only started recently beat me in detail xD
    I do my OOTS for fun, not just avatars. I've been tempted to make a comic but I wouldn't know where to begin.

And on that note, I'm going to make some OOTS - I like custom races
    In regards to a comic, come up with an idea and go with it When I do a comic I have no plan I sort of make it up on the spot (often influenced by films or games I've played or seen recently) (Which reminds me I really need to continue my comic...)

And custom races can be fun to invent
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

For whatever reason I love the winged kobold in the corner, Mr. Graydon. And it's not just because I love kobolds.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Graydon View Post
    Heh, I've noticed that my art has been getting more and more simple compared to my old things

*Snip of awesome*

Even simple avatars!

*le 'simple' snip*
    Yeah, simple. Those are not simple. Those are AWESOME. True story.

By the way, may I ask who you made the gorgon with the scythe for? I want to say it was Lix Lorn but I can't recall - someone with that avatar was in one of my campaigns once and it just looks extremely familiar.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    For whatever reason I love the winged kobold in the corner, Mr. Graydon. And it's not just because I love kobolds.
    It's MISS Graydon hun, And thank you, I had my own more true to D&D take on Kobolds

Yeah, simple. Those are not simple. Those are AWESOME. True story.

By the way, may I ask who you made the gorgon with the scythe for? I want to say it was Lix Lorn but I can't recall - someone with that avatar was in one of my campaigns once and it just looks extremely familiar.
    It was Lix Lorn XD
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    As someone who does archery, I've always been taught to hold three fingertips just below the arrow. There are multiple ways to fire, but traditionally you do not hold your fingers actually against the arrow. Holding the arrow steady like this is generally bad for your aim. The arrow itself is built to "nock" into the bowstring without need for holding it steady at all beyond where it rests on your outstretched fist.

Edit: Even the method that does involve "holding the arrow" as some might describe it doesn't do more than hold two of three fingers against the string above and below. You don't hold the arrow, you hold the bowstring.
    Huh? Well, I can't argue that. You always learn something new, I suppose...

About to start drawing a black metal band style scene XD
    Ladies and Gentlemen! I give you MARV! the lead singer of PhantomPhantasy!
    *black metal*
    Hmm, I'm not entirely sold on the transparent outlines, but otherwise nothing to complain on. Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    *scene*

Reposting a picture I did recently that seemed to have just been ignored, but with some small tweaks and an additional thing.
    Hmm, must've missed to say something about it...

Looks good, good details.

Now, I think the hat on the elder man is pushed a bit too far back, with its centre line not meeting up with the centre point of the head. And the lower line of his robe may be a bit too straight, especially try to rounden the corners a bit...

Also, the boy with the hair over his eye look a bit cyclopic when you can't see the pieces of the eye outlines that should be visible, if you compare with how close everyone else's eyes are together.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Also, regarding expression...
    Spoiler
    Show
    *expressions*

Is this to big to not be in a spoiler? In a spoiler as a precaution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *orows*

Looks good! Something eerie about the child, but I can't place it. The father looks a bit sad with the hair curving that way across his eyes...

@Drawing faster:
    In order to become faster, I can only really recommend drawing, drawing and drawing a lot. Even a complete beginner can do high quality art with lots of details, but it will take much more time due to an unfamiliarity with the medium...

Also, I had to draw something to find an outlet for my inner darkness. It's mostly a scribble, so I didn't put much effort into quality, but I was a bit proud with how it turned out anyway, and it doesn't require quite as much context to get the general feeling from compared to the stuff I usually draw, so I thought I may as well post it here...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1127

HalfOrcPirate

Yeah, I do; you can see it on my character here. This is a further-away shot, but it shows you what happens when you fire an arrow with it .

As for the picture, younger children are difficult to draw if you haven't already practiced. If you want to stick close to the OotS style, then I think the head might need to be a little bigger, or the body skinnier. At least from my experience, kids tend not to be stocky when they're younger, but then I only have experience with human kids.
    I wanna get that bow! Can somebody manage the technology behind making one like that?! I need it!!

I only made it so bulky because of it's orcish heritage, but I'll take your suggestions into account the next time I open up Inkscape

Spoiler
    Show

Commissioned art:
    *art*
    Shading:
    *more art*
    *even more art*
    Even simple avatars!
    *even more even more art*

In regards to a comic, come up with an idea and go with it When I do a comic I have no plan I sort of make it up on the spot (often influenced by films or games I've played or seen recently) (Which reminds me I really need to continue my comic...)

YOU CALL THOSE SIMPLE?! How in the guacamole do you manage such things?! >_>

The idea for the comic's where the problem starts xD I'm not a creative individual when it comes to plot/story, just characters and races.
    Edit: Ha, just noticed your ninja text!
    I've yet to start reading it, but I'll do so ASAP
    Additional edit: Yeah, custom races are fun illithorcs and orow!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    *snip*

Looks good! Something eerie about the child, but I can't place it. The father looks a bit sad with the hair curving that way across his eyes...

@Drawing faster:
    In order to become faster, I can only really recommend drawing, drawing and drawing a lot. Even a complete beginner can do high quality art with lots of details, but it will take much more time due to an unfamiliarity with the medium...

Also, I had to draw something to find an outlet for my inner darkness. It's mostly a scribble, so I didn't put much effort into quality, but I was a bit proud with how it turned out anyway, and it doesn't require quite as much context to get the general feeling from compared to the stuff I usually draw, so I thought I may as well post it here...
    *artsy "scribbles" (I disagree with the scribbles, my on-paper-work is scribbles!)*
    You're not the first to find the kid creepy I find him rather creepy myself!
    The father's not meant to look as sad as he does, but I like the hair and don't know what I could do to make him less sad looking.

Looks like I've gotta lot of art ahead of me then - I don't mind though, it's fun

Wounded greenfolk fighting a larger shadowy monster? I don't know what either are but it looks pretty cool.
    Last edited by gurgleflep; 2013-08-07 at 01:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

YOU CALL THOSE SIMPLE?! How in the guacamole do you manage such things?! >_>

The idea for the comic's where the problem starts xD I'm not a creative individual when it comes to plot/story, just characters and races.
    Edit: Ha, just noticed your ninja text!
    I've yet to start reading it, but I'll do so ASAP
    Additional edit: Yeah, custom races are fun illithorcs and orow!
    Actually if you read what I said, those are my more complicated older art.
    What I do is fairly simple in comparison.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Pixie in the Playground

*snip*
    Shading:
    *snip*
    *snip the third*

Simple. Riiiight. Those look amazing! About the only thing to nitpick is that the shapes of their hands aren't consistent (ball vs. OOTS "fork"), but I'm not going to pretend that that's a problem

On another note, after my previous failure above (seriously, there's a hundred things wrong with that...ugh) I tried a few new things today. Like this fella here:

I like him, now I just have to get him out of that boring pose.

Sorry if I keep posting the same characters over and over, but I have this idea and might want to attempt to make a comic sometime maybe if I can...

EDIT: Sorry, Teddy, almost didn't see you there. Anyway, that sketch looks very interesting, you get a good sense of the general mood. Not much to say beyond that, a sketch is a sketch
    Last edited by DoctorCaffeine; 2013-08-07 at 01:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorCaffeine View Post
    Simple. Riiiight. Those look amazing! About the only thing to nitpick is that the shapes of their hands aren't consistent (ball vs. OOTS "fork"), but I'm not going to pretend that that's a problem
    Yeah I used to always use the classic OotS fork, then slowly went all the way to the Ball that I use today (if anything)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

It's MISS Graydon hun, And thank you, I had my own more true to D&D take on Kobolds

It was Lix Lorn XD
    My bad. All the little indicator thingies are so small on my phone screen
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    My bad. All the little indicator thingies are so small on my phone screen
    No problem. no harm done
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Halfling in the Playground

On another note, after my previous failure above (seriously, there's a hundred things wrong with that...ugh) I tried a few new things today. Like this fella here:

*Legionary

Sorry if I keep posting the same characters over and over, but I have this idea and might want to attempt to make a comic sometime maybe if I can...

EDIT: Sorry, Teddy, almost didn't see you there. Anyway, that sketch looks very interesting, you get a good sense of the general mood. Not much to say beyond that, a sketch is a sketch
    Looking good! I think you're getting better at picking colours: the ones on him are all analogous (close to each other), producing a soothing effect, helping him blend in.
    Although I'm not sure if that's intended .
    If you want him to stand out and appear menacing, I recommend choosing complementary colours (opposite to each other on the colour wheel) with different saturation and brightness.
    Here's a link to a colouring guide. I found it very helpful .

His shoulder guards, (skirt?), and boots are square-cornered in case that wasn't intentional.
    To me, his eyes are freakishly large, like he's high on caffeine...

This might be a stylistic choice, but you might reconsider giving him a beard and putting his sword on his back.
    From my knowledge, the Romans from about 330BC all encouraged regularly shaving to prevent enemies from grabbing their beard.
    Obviously this only applies if he's an actual legionary rather than a guy cosplaying as one haha.
    It's really hard to draw from the back, but I'm not sure how much realism you're going for...
    Spoiler: because large signatures are annoying
    Show
    (Dorm)ant until summer~

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

You're not the first to find the kid creepy I find him rather creepy myself!
    The father's not meant to look as sad as he does, but I like the hair and don't know what I could do to make him less sad looking.
    Hmm, I think it may be the mouth. Perhaps try and straighten the top line and make the corners less sharp...

And you may try and raise and/or move the curls a little to the side...

Looks like I've gotta lot of art ahead of me then - I don't mind though, it's fun
    Good to hear you're enjoying it. Only draw if it's fun, or you'll just burn yourself out.

Wounded greenfolk fighting a larger shadowy monster? I don't know what either are but it looks pretty cool.
    Well, the greenfolk is me, and the shadowy monster is both my inner darkness and quite some other as well. The image is quite full of symbolism, as you can probably tell, and I don't expect of anyone here to understand much of it, or even recognise any of the other characters (because I haven't seen any of you around Random Banter).

Windows Journal has a very basic initial colour palette, which is why I'm green in my sketches rather than olive, and I prefer it that way. The only colour I've customised a brown for when I need to draw leather or wood or anything similar...

*warrior*

Hmm, I think his eyes may be too wide, which makes them look like large, dark holes. Try to either make them more narrow or shrink them, and they may look less glaring...

The proportions are rather different from the classical OotS style, which is a bit hard getting used to, but I assume this is an artistic choice, so I won't try and lecture you on this.

And don't worry, many post images of the same character over and over. I mean, look at Asdf, she has a whole character gallery which returns over and over. The same is true for Gulagh.

Yeah. Even though it didn't take very long to draw, I put a rather large amount of emotion in it. If I find the energy, I may move it over into Inkscape and do something of it, but I don't expect myself to be a limitless font of energy anytime soon in the future...

Until then, I suppose you'll have to live with something hard to critique. My freehand scribbles become better, but I will need a lot of time before I become so good that any errors I make won't be possible to explain away just with an "I had to sacrifice quality for speed". I'd draw more for this thread, but much of my art is highly based around meta humour, and this thread isn't really ripe of stuff to misinterpret or give you funny mental images...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2013-08-07 at 03:03 PM.

Show

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SubLimePie View Post
    Looking good! I think you're getting better at picking colours: the ones on him are all analogous (close to each other), producing a soothing effect, helping him blend in.
    Although I'm not sure if that's intended .
    If you want him to stand out and appear menacing, I recommend choosing complementary colours (opposite to each other on the colour wheel) with different saturation and brightness.
    Here's a link to a colouring guide. I found it very helpful .

His shoulder guards, (skirt?), and boots are square-cornered in case that wasn't intentional.
    To me, his eyes are freakishly large, like he's high on caffeine...

This might be a stylistic choice, but you might reconsider giving him a beard and putting his sword on his back.
    From my knowledge, the Romans from about 330BC all encouraged regularly shaving to prevent enemies from grabbing their beard.
    Obviously this only applies if he's an actual legionary rather than a guy cosplaying as one haha.
    It's really hard to draw from the back, but I'm not sure how much realism you're going for...
    Thanks for the colouring guide! My usual approach so far is trial and error (still the case in the following picture ) from an initial idea while trying to use strongly saturated colours only for small(ish) details. So yeah, lots to learn there, but that's why I'm here.

Square corners are intentional, yes. Resized the eyes, you're right about tha...Wait a minute, are you making fun of my name?

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, I think that's gonna be a running gag.

I know, the Romans were picky about body hair (although after Trajan there are quite a few bearded emperors - might be barbaric influences though)...If you'll allow me to justify, there are a number of reasons for the beard:
    -This is not an actual legionary, but a member of a military/monastic order in definitely-not-Rome (yeah, basically a Paladin)
    -He hasn't been on a field mission in forever
    -I'm probably channeling Durkon and/or O-Chul with him
    -He's bald.
    (Honestly, I thought he'd look boring without it and you wouldn't have any clue about his age.)

Thus ends this round of Watch Me Scrabbling About For An Answer.

The sword on his back is pretty stupid, I know. I shudder to think what /tg/ would do to me...Let's just say it was an allusion to Roy and not because I didn't want to draw a scabbard, no siree.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, must've missed to say something about it...

Looks good, good details.

Now, I think the hat on the elder man is pushed a bit too far back, with its centre line not meeting up with the centre point of the head. And the lower line of his robe may be a bit too straight, especially try to rounden the corners a bit...

Also, the boy with the hair over his eye look a bit cyclopic when you can't see the pieces of the eye outlines that should be visible, if you compare with how close everyone else's eyes are together.
    His hat is kinda pushed back in the show, so... but I will touch up his robe.

Trust me, his eye bugged me too, but it's supposed to be completely covered up.
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-08-07 at 03:37 PM.
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm, I think his eyes may be too wide, which makes them look like large, dark holes. Try to either make them more narrow or shrink them, and they may look less glaring...

The proportions are rather different from the classical OotS style, which is a bit hard getting used to, but I assume this is an artistic choice, so I won't try and lecture you on this.

And don't worry, many post images of the same character over and over. I mean, look at Asdf, she has a whole character gallery which returns over and over. The same is true for Gulagh.
    Yes, the eyes were a bit overdone. I initially had them coloured, didn't like it, and never changed the size. Fixed now.

As for the proportions...I always feel like "artistic choice" or "this is just my style" sounds like a rather weak excuse, so have some true-to-OOTS stuff except for those darn eyes which are too small again:

Spoiler
    Show

The first ones I ever made.

Yeah. Even though it didn't take very long to draw, I put a rather large amount of emotion in it. If I find the energy, I may move it over into Inkscape and do something of it, but I don't expect myself to be a limitless font of energy anytime soon in the future...

Until then, I suppose you'll have to live with something hard to critique. My freehand scribbles become better, but I will need a lot of time before I become so good that any errors I make won't be possible to explain away just with an "I had to sacrifice quality for speed". I'd draw more for this thread, but much of my art is highly based around meta humour, and this thread isn't really ripe of stuff to misinterpret or give you funny mental images...
    Hmm...Fine by me. Sketches are sort of supposed to be quick, raw and to the point with emotions, no?

Or I could put on my critic hat and act like I know better without backing it up (don't worry, I'm not talking about anybody from here, y'all can more than back it up):
    1) I like the crowd scene, but what you do looks a lot like symbol drawing. Basically, you draw only what we can see in the finished picture instead of what is actually there. Might make composition harder, although it works pretty well in OOTS-artDONTTELLANYONE
    2)There's a cloud with legs in the middle of the crowd. As a certified art critic(TM), I am confused.
    3)Work on your line confidence. The only one that might be taken seriously.

You now have permission to ignore me/call me names/curse my ancestors.
    Last edited by DoctorCaffeine; 2013-08-07 at 04:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

His hat is kinda pushed back in the show, so... but I will touch up his robe.
    Hmm, yeah... I think the problem is that it looks like the back of the hat is flying. Perhaps if you try and tilt it a bit backward, or does it look wrong that way as well?

Trust me, his eye bugged me too, but it's supposed to be completely covered up.
    Perhaps if you try and move his other eye toward where the first one should be...

Yes, the eyes were a bit overdone. I initially had them coloured, didn't like it, and never changed the size. Fixed now.
    Yeah, that looks a lot better.

As for the proportions...I always feel like "artistic choice" or "this is just my style" sounds like a rather weak excuse, so have some true-to-OOTS stuff except for those darn eyes which are too small again:

Spoiler
    Show
    *OotS-y stuff*

The first ones I ever made.
    Weak excuse from your side to deviate from the OotS proportions, or excuse from the OotS side to deviate from the human proportions?
    *shrug*
    I don't know, I just like that which is pleasing to look at, so proportions may be off for as long as they don't bother me. If I'm surprised, however, I may point it out if for no other reason to make sure that this is an intentional choice from the artists side.

Hmm...Fine by me. Sketches are sort of supposed to be quick, raw and to the point with emotions, no?
    Well, either that or quick and content focused. Most of the time when I draw, I go for content over imagery, using the medium to express myself instead of using words.

Or I could put on my critic hat and act like I know better without backing it up (don't worry, I'm not talking about anybody from here):
    1) I like the crowd scene, but what you do looks a lot like symbol drawing. Basically, you draw only what we can see in the finished picture instead of what is actually there. Might make composition harder, although it works pretty well in OOTS-artDONTTELLANYONE
    2)There's a cloud with legs in the middle of the crowd. As a certified art critic(TM), I am confused.
    3)Work on your line confidence. The only one that might be taken seriously.

You now have permission to ignore me/call me names/curse my ancestors.
    Hehehe, this actually made me laugh, because it's similar enough to something I could say, yet completely ridiculous. Okay, at first I actually got a bit perplexed as I tried to figure out what you were talking about...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2013-08-07 at 05:09 PM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

*archer*
    Hmm, pretty in overall, good work, good quality.

Now, her grip on the bow looks a bit weird. It looks a bit like her hand is in front of it, even though a closer pixel analysis yields that this probably isn't the case. In order to counteract it, I suggest you move the bow so that it covers more of her palm, or shorten the fingers so that their tips can be made out in front of the bow.

And, I think one line on her left ear may look a little too straight, but it isn't very important...

Also, are those skates or are her soles just white?
    Last edited by Teddy; 2013-08-07 at 05:40 PM.

Show