New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default DM spell help needed, amber/stasis like.

I'm DM'n a campaign and starting out in Eberron on the day of morning. The PC's will hold some vital information that the BBEG needs. They are on the battle field and will be caught up in the destruction of Cyre. BBEG sends an underling to get the info. If the underling fails it will need to protect the PC's some how.

I am looking for a spell or ability that would do something like locking the PC's in amber or similar to allow release at a later date and protect them through the destruction. Anyone know of a way to do this w/o a DM Poof spell?

TYVM
    Blood~
    Last edited by Bloodgruve; 2012-07-29 at 11:37 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: DM spell help needed, amber/stasis like.

You can have someone hit them with Imprisonment Spells (though they're 9th level spells) and them the PCs can be "retrieved" later with a freedom.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/imprisonment.htm

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/freedom.htm

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sepia snake sigil
    encases the target in an field of glittering amber force, and they're stuck in suspended animation for 1d4+Caster level days or Upon your command before that. Seems pretty perfect, other than that its only activated by reading it, like explosive runes.
    Last edited by BIGMamaSloth; 2012-07-29 at 03:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sepia Snake Sigil or Quintessence to bestow a status effect.

Rope Trick or Magnificent Mansion to provide an extra-dimensional pocket to place the characters in. Depending upon the duration/fallout of the destrution, they may need to be transferred through to multiple iterations of those spells.

Quintessence lasts longer than Sepia Snake Sigil, but requires a significant amount of prep time to produce enough to cover a single medium sized creature.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Temporal Stasis is exactly what you want. Permanent duration, no aging, but the important bit is the "no force or effect can harm it". How they get released from it is a matter of taste (Perhaps a Living Spell Dispel Magic? I'm pretty sure those things are wandering about the Mournland...)
    Last edited by Slipperychicken; 2012-07-29 at 08:30 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    Temporal Stasis is exactly what you want. Permanent duration, no aging, but the important bit is the "no force or effect can harm it". How they get released from it is a matter of taste (Perhaps a Living Spell Dispel Magic? I'm pretty sure those things are wandering about the Mournland...)
    Perfect, I'll need to do something with the release but it can be worked in.

Blood~

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

I believe theres a spell called amber sarcophagi in book of exalted deeds. Only problem though is its for a bad guy to use and its a good spell. Maybe recreate it as an evil spell?

Lan, Moiraine, Perrin, Rand, Mat, Egwene, Nynaeve, Thom

Awesome avatar and banner by Ceika.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quintessence seems like it is exactly what you need. Removal from the timestream would preserve them. Note that you don't take the damage if completely immersed.
    Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    I thought we were arguing whether Magic Missile could crank out Riemann sums...