New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [PTA] Pokemon Tabletop Adventure, The Shards of Arceus IC

"Well, if we rest for a while, I could heal the pokemon. I did not take those care classes for nothing, heh. Though our first course of action should be finding miss Brown, then we can rest on the way to the docks, if we do not find a center before than. Rune did not take that much damage during the fight though, so we should be fine until we find a center. And you were right, that is a poliwag egg." Razel tells the two while handing Issac his egg back, before turning towards the main school building and walking towards it. He was heading to the library to tell Leena the plans of the group, and to ask her to join them. Also, he needed to talk to her about her egg and give it back to her of course.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

'Thanks Raz'.

Isaac takes the egg, and stows it carefully in his backpack in its carry case.

'Yeah, I know, the Academy must have the facilities, yet I've never once seen them. If you could heal up Tinder though Raz, that would be great'.

Isaac starts walking over in the direction that they last saw Leena disappear off to.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, there's a pokecenter just inside the arena, near the food court. If it would cost you something, we could save a bit on the center."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

'Catch you later Raz! Isaac waves as Razel goes to find Leena.

Hmm, the food court? Ah great, I think I'll head over there now, then see if we can find Ms Brown. Hmm...if we can get the Pokemon healed up quickly...'
    [/COLOR]
    Isaac smiles, and his eyes gleam.

'Maybe this is a bad idea, but perhaps I could challenge you to a quick battle, Donovan? Either today, or perhaps sometime soon, when we're travelling together. I was impressed how you and Octavius took down that Oddish. At their current level it should be a fairly even match between Tinder and Octavius'.

Isaac looks up at Tinder, who's been asleep on top of his head for the last five minutes, like some bizarre hairpiece. He gently picks her up, and holds her in front of him, face to face.

'Hey, little one? Do you think you might be up for a battle later, or would you like to rest for the day?'

Isaac heads over to the centre, and gets Tinder healed up.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

"I'd love to, but let's first get another 'mon each. We don't want to risk taking out our entire team when we don't know what the day holds."

Donavon follows him to get Octavius restored.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

'Hmm...fair enough'.

After Tinder's healed up, Isaac goes to look for Razel and Leena.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Leena was pouring over the books, with Fox gently nudging her to get her attention. 'Ah, Razel. I was just looking over the islands we are now allowed to explore. I never was much for traveling, so I've never left the academy, but now Oak has acknowledged me as a fellow researcher, I think I'm going to need to put in some field work. And for that, I shall need funds.' Leena sends an email from the nearby computer to the newspaper club, offering her photo of Oak in exchange for freelance payment. Right now, she hadn't even any money for balls. 'Oh, yes. I forgot. What were your results on the egg? Any verification of the species?'

Spoiler
    Show
    Offering to sell the photo of Oak, worth $340.

Also, spending my Insight Point to decide on what island would be best for catching wilds.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel walks up to the desk, looking over Leena's shoulder to stare at the books. "Well, that is one of the things I wanted to talk about. But first, me and the other guys decided to stick together while we explore the islands. Safety in numbers and all that. Do you want to join us? We could pool our resources to make a better advantage for ourselves, not to mention you can research pokemon better this way. More chances to catch pokemon, more chances to encounter pokemon and less chances of being hurt by pokemon." Razel tells her. He knew how to make a deal sound in someone else's favor.

"Now, onto the egg," Razel says as he reaches into his bag and pulls out the egg, placing it on the desk infront of Leena, before moving to the other side of the desk and taking a seat," I believe it is a Feebas egg, but...the color is off. So it might be another pokemon, or somehow a albino Feebas. Either way, I think you should take care of it carefully, for I have never seen a egg like that one before and would love to see what hatches from it. And it could further your research even more. But, it is your egg..." Razel leans back in his chair, watching as Isaac walks in on the two.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Donavon follows Razel, but stays just outside the door. He didn't want to have to face the fact that the girl he'd been crushing on for years might be insane.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, where did Donovan go? He seems a little weird about Leena. I hope that he can get on with her all right.

'Hi. Did Raz mention the plan? We were thinking about travelling in a group for a bit. Maybe check out the mainland too, once we've explored the islands. Obviously we'd love it if you could come with us - you're clearly an impressive battler and Professor Oak acknowledged you as a researcher. We could use someone - you know - who can make sure we don't eat poisoned berries, or anger a Snorlax herd or something...

Well, in any case, the principal wants to meet us down at the dock when we're ready to go...'

'By the way, have you guys got any idea on which of the islands you'd like to visit? I don't really know anything about the others - or much of geography outside of Johto'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

'An albino Feebas? Hmm, now that is interesting. I'd always maintained that the Feebas was the female of the Magikarp species, yet the majority of the scientific community say it's a different species. This could help in my research.... ' She looks closely at the egg. 'I was considering selling it for research funds, but I may just hold on to this now. If I have a male Feebas, or something else, or even a new pokemon, who knows? This could be a unique breakthrough.'

'As for your offer, I suppose I have to admit my weaknesses. While the school recognized me, it also recognized your talents, all 3 of you. A collaboration would be fine. Razel's knowledge of eggs is matched by my knowledge of living pokemon, and it would be interesting to see the other 2 of you in action.'

Leena pulled the maps over. 'Now where was it again? There was one island that stood out to me. It had a lot of wilds, and I think a team expansion would help us all.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

'I guess we'd have to find a Magikarp and raise it to test that. Sounds challenging - I'd like to give it a try.

A hunting trip sounds good - do you know if any of the islands have Rattata?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

'Well, I think I'll head down to the docks...

Hmm...Leena, would it be possible to get a photo of the eight of us? The four of us and our starters, I mean. It is a special occasion after all - right after we've decided to travel together'.

OoC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just looking for a mundane photo, rather than one taken with class features. I don't know quite whether the Photographer can do that though...
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

*Everyone who went to the centre at the arena has their mons fully healed*

Leena,
    Spoiler
    Show
    At this time of year (summer) you can find most types of pokemon on wild island in the forests and plains, more fire types now than any other time as well.
    On Oak island ice types are well known around the southern mountain, although you could reasonably find anything on Oak island due to the habitats available, there is even a small desert.
    Both are prone to small showers and some thunderstorms at this time of year though.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

"I recommend we go see about Oak Island. I've seen all sorts of pokemon out on those islands."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

'Isn't that a protected reserve? I thought no-one was supposed to catch Pokemon in the study area?

If the Professor doesn't mind though, that sounds great! I'd bet you could catch just about any kind of Pokemon there'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

'That's probably the best location. I just need to heal up Fox then I'll meet you three down there.' Leena heads off the the nearest Centre for healing, then down to the docks after packing her bag.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

''Well...I guess, if the Professor and his researchers don't mind. I'll catch you down at the docks then Leena'.

If the others head down to the docks, then Isaac goes with them, but if they wait he hangs with them.

'You've visited Oak island before, right Donovan? What's it like?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

"It's pretty neat. The terrain changes all over the place. Lots of wild things all around. The professor mostly had me stay close to his house."

20. - Top - End - #140

ElfWarriorGuy

Leena,
    Just before you log off the computer, you get a message back from one of the other school photographers, a young girl named Celes, agreeing on the price of the photo and asking if she could get it from you at the docks, she is getting some landscape shots at the moment and would love your input as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Celes was new to the school (first year just ended), but she has seen your work in past school newspapers, and finds Leena somewhat of a role model for her photography

*after a little waiting, fox is fully healed*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone heading straight to the port,
    As you make your way to the port, you notice a few kids battling and training, everything is pretty good, you do notice some rainclouds off-shore but they are heading away from the island, and more towards wild island. it isn't too long before you see professor Oak and Principal Bryce, waiting for you.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Donavon says, "Greetings, professor."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

'Hello Professor, Principal Bryce'.

Isaac greets the men courteously.

'Was there something you wanted to tell us before we left?'

The Principal and the Professor? And our passes confiscated when we get to the mainland? Something's going on here...
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel silently gets up after Leena and leaves with her, going to heal his pokemon at the center also. Razel then heads over to his old room, grabbing some last minute supplies and making a sling that he could carry from a old bed sheet, placing the egg in it when its finished and heads to the docks.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

'That's some good shots' compliments Leena. The new girl might not have been as talented as Leena, but she made up for it with her passion. Leena could respect people like that. 'Over thinking your shot will just mess them up. Composition will only take you so far, mood and subject are also important.' She gives the girl the photo.

'We'll be going on a research trip to Oak Island. Are there any shots the paper or faculty needs? I'll try my hardest to get them for you.'

25. - Top - End - #145

ElfWarriorGuy

Donavon & Isaac,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Professor Oak smiles as you approach, while the principal still seems deep in thought. "Hello, Donavon, Isaac. It's nice to see you boys again. He looks to the principal who seems to jump out of a daze. "Errrr, right hello... once everyone's here I'll give you the necessary information. Bryce is quite obviously nervous, his eyes seem to jump everywhere in his field of view, at every little sound.

Leena,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celes blushes at the praise, uttering a barely audible thanks. When you ask if the paper needed any more photos, she smiles thoughtfully for a moment "No, I don't think so, from what I've seen, you've helped the paper for a long time, you deserve a rest in my opinion... I'm sure any photos you got would be appreciated though. It looks like she might have continued the praise, but her camera beeping to signify low battery interupts her, "Oh, damn, I better go charge this thing, hope to see you again" and she runs off after paying you, and taking the photo.

Razel,
    Spoiler
    Show

It takes a moment or two for them to heal up Rune, and the nurses congratulate you on your victory. As you head to the docks you notice everyone else is already there talking with professor Oak and the pricipal.

---------------------------------------------------------

Once everyone has arrived, Principle Bryce lets out a sigh of... relief? Before he begins his speech in a low voice, as if he's afraid of being heard by anyone but you.

"Okay, there is something I'm need to ask you all to do, but the professor and I found something interesting about the badges people recieve from gyms. You have all heard the legend of Arceus, correct? He came down to earth and created life in barren wastelands, calmed oceans... well, it's only half true, he came down, but rather than sacrifice his shards, he sacrificed himself, scattering the energy of the shards all over the world to put everything in balance. We believe that some of the energy from that occurence has collected in gym badges. I am asking you to collect these gym badges, and find out if there are any others trying to do the same... with malicious intentions.

He looks around letting you all take it in for a moment before continuing.

"Gym leaders won't give up their badges without a fight, all their matches are recorded, so giving up a gym badge wouldn't work. You will have to battle them. He looks directly at Leena as he continues "Your theology teacher, Acre, well I had my suspicions that he was keeping tabs on me, or if he knew that I knew, my suspicions became realised when you called him a member of the cult of Arceus. Ever since then, I have been under suspicion for drinking in classrooms, inappropriate behaviour, and Acre looks like he'll be the one to get the vacant position if I get fired. He turns back to all of you, a sad look in his eyes"Because of what you are doing, I can't let you back to the islands, for both your safety and the safety of everyone here, you can spend as much time on the surrounding islands, but please, don't come back to Academy Isle, until all this business is finished."

He looks very torn up about the whole matter, telling students never to return.

"And now, a gift from me, to assure your safety. My old friend worked at Devon corp. and he managed to help me get these. He holds out four PokeNAV for you to take. "Well, I best be going now, good luck, and try to stay in a group, wilds may not be the only danger to you" He mumbles under his breath a little before running off.

Professor Oak waves goodbye as the figure goes into the distance, "I will be heading back to the laboratory now, If you would like to join me, I would be honoured to have you as my guests." He beams a smile, it's a little forced, but after the way the principal was just talking, he seems to be trying to lighten the mood a bit.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

"It would be an honor, professor."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my goodness. Principal Bryce has gone completely mad. Arceus worship is weird enough - but crazy conspiracy theories?

Poor Principal Bryce. Must be the pressure of the allegations against him, and knowing that you he has an underling gunning for your job. Still, looks like Leena might have been right about the Theology teacher. I can't believe such a talentless trainer could replace Bryce.

'Err...Sure Principal Bryce. I'll try and collect some of the badges and see if there's anything in this'.

Pretty much what I was planning to do anyway... thinks Isaac.

'Thank you Professor. We were just saying that we'd like to go to Oak Island first, and it would be an honour to be your guest.'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

'I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!' Leena was practically bouncing round right about now. 'I knew he was up to something. Don't you worry sir. I'll crush his conspiracy with my own hands. I'll not allow this sacred institution to be runs but that ....That ..... THAT ....' Leena was so worked up, she couldn't find the correct word to call him. There was no word coming to mind that expressed how much she detested him. She just makes a noise of pure frustration.

Leena practically jumps on the boat, and starts to scribble notes. 'So if the cult of Arceus .... and he split him self into ...... that would explain ....... but why the badges? Are they made of ...... perhaps morphic resonance? The badges represent ..... 16 plates of Arceus, and 8 badges a region.... ' She was off in her own little world again.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Razel hears the professor out, listening to the explanation of the events. So now we cannot come to the academy island either, huh? That leaves the professor's island, Wild Island, and then the port island. It seems like we might not have much choice but to head to the mainland at this rate... Razel thinks to himself, while telling the principal "I will gladly help my friends out in this quest, sir. You can count on me to keep them healed, feed, and on track."

Razel heads on the boat behind Leena, calling out to the professor "I will accept your invitation, sir. We will need all the help we can get, it seems." before reaching out to put a steadying hand on Leena's shoulder, telling her "Miss, I know we are on what seems to be a big boat, but I must ask you to not jump around unless inside the cabin. You could easily fall over, or worse, unbalance your sea legs." Razel had grew up living on a boat, but knew that humans and pokemon could get sea sickness from boats. What he forgot about was that not all the people on the island had as good of sea legs as he.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac boards the vessel. Carefully, he removes Tinder from his hat.

'I'm sure you're excited to be on a boat. I'll leave you out, but stay in my backpack, and hold on tightly'.

Isaac wears the backpack back-to-front and arranges it so that Tinder can see - her little head poking out of the bag. Isaac moves his items to other pockets - especially the precious Poliwag egg.

Best to have her out. After all, Water Pokemon are one of the most common types. Heh. When the egg hatches, I'll have Water and Fire. Should try and round that out with some Electric, maybe Grass, or Ground?
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters: