New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Team Rocket: How the Muk are They Still Alive?

Paul recalls Buck and sends out the newly reacquired Zippo in preparation for the guard attack, but when the collapse blocks the way, he looks for Mark to check on his Rattata swarm's status as they prepare to flee.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

The group of you are soon able to meet up with Mark and the kids.

"Let's get out of here," Mark says, pulling a gun off of a dead guard. "They're all over the place."

James and Isaac seem happy when you return their Pokemon; soon there is a Charmeleon and Wartotle with the party. Mark grins, releasing what is probably his only small Pokemon, a Durant that still reaches near hip height.

The path ahead seems to be clear, although there are a few guards bleeding out.

Paul's Rattata seem much better; John seems to have torn up his pants to bandage them. They are now a pair of extremely comfy looking shorts.

When he sees Gerald, John rushes over, grabbing your leg.

"Are you okay?" he asks, obviously worried for your well being.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Well, yes, aside from the bullet holes, memory loss, stabbed leg, and first degree burns okay no, not really, but I'm good enough."
    He hands the gun off to an adult and pats John on the head gently, as Joe gurgles in joy and Sparky hops off to give the kid.
    "Look, we can get you guys to the hangar if we can find the bloody thing, but we're still missing people. And this guy...you don't want to leave people with him. Death would be a better alternative than what he has planned."

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

"Seconding the 'find others, run' sentiments. You see any sign of the girls?" Artemis keeps constant attention to the minds of Jess and Taylor, and Ethan. She scans the Durant. "They really need a map of this place. Someone has to get lost daily..."
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "Well, yes, aside from the bullet holes, memory loss, stabbed leg, and first degree burns okay no, not really, but I'm good enough."
    He hands the gun off to an adult and pats John on the head gently, as Joe gurgles in joy and Sparky hops off to give the kid.
    "Look, we can get you guys to the hangar if we can find the bloody thing, but we're still missing people. And this guy...you don't want to leave people with him. Death would be a better alternative than what he has planned."
    John looks up at you, letting go of your leg, actually looking like he cares for your well-being.

"Here," he says, handing you a bloody syringe. "I found this on one of the guards."

It seems to be a Lemonade, but the blood is obscuring the writing.

Show

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald pats his head again, before cleaning it off on his shirt if possible.
    "Took a couple waters already, but thanks. I'm just probably not going to want to move for days after they wear off is all. Artemis will need this most to get us out, though."
    He hands the syringe off, before kneeling down, wincing a bit as his leg flares up. Yeah, that DEFINITELY was going to have to go. He gives the kid a small hug with his one arm, ignoring the burns, the bullets, the beatings.
    "Don't worry, John. Once we get the others, we're all going to get out of here."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-11-13 at 10:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis takes the Lemonade. That would be good for later. "So which way haven't we gone? That would be the best bet right now I think. Away from here." Artemis is starting to fidget a little. "Really starting to hate this place."

Show

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

Gerald pats his head again, before cleaning it off on his shirt if possible.
    "Took a couple waters already, but thanks. I'm just probably not going to want to move for days after they wear off is all. Artemis will need this most to get us out, though."
    He hands the syringe off, before kneeling down, wincing a bit as his leg flares up. Yeah, that DEFINITELY was going to have to go. He gives the kid a small hug with his one arm, ignoring the burns, the bullets, the beatings.
    "Don't worry, John. Once we get the others, we're all going to get out of here."
    John looks up at you worriedly but seems reassured by your words.

Show

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald pats the kid, before pointing to the rattata, scanning one quickly with his dex.
    "It'll all be fine. He's already been trying to kill me harder than anyone else here, and he's failed when I've been alone. In a group, he's going to go down, I promise. Now, I believe you have a group of friends. Why don't you go make best friends with them while I talk to the others about how we get out? Maybe one'll come with you after this is all done. Paul knows so many tricks with a rattata, he used to be a big name with one! Why, they used to call him Rattata Joey, before he legally changed it. And frankly, what I'm going to talk about disturbs me a bit, so it's probably not appropriate to talk about with people your age."
    He nudges the kid towards the group, before getting up and going to the group.
    "Well, there's always his trophy room. If he's going to do his whole memory molestation thing to Ethan, he'd bring him there. If not, we could see if the comatose people are possible to save, too. Don't think Ethan knows how to break his thumb to get out of the manacles, though. Erm...on that note, Romeo, mind setting my thumb? Nearly forgot about it after stuff."
    He holds his hand towards the medic, thumb beginning to turn a nasty color.
    "Doesn't really hurt, but it's throwing my aim off at times...and if we don't find them going forward, we can at least get the kids safe first and Mark's crew in a defensive position before we go back to where 20 guards are trying to punch through."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-11-14 at 08:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

..."Okay, great, we're all back together. NOW LET'S FINISH REINTRODUCTIONS WHEN WE ARE OUT OF THIS ****HOLE!!!" Artemis starts walking away briskly from the way they came, scanning for minds ahead of them.

Show

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

As you head out you've only gone about the length of a hallway before you start reading a large number of minds. Apparently it's a hangar of some sort. It seems like there are assorted vehicles inside, although you can't get an exact read on what they are.

Show

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

Hanger coming up. Lot of people in it, but they don't seem to be on the lookout for us. Seems we found out way out.

Show

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Got it.
    Gerald sends out Kubota, and puts John behind her. He pulls out his gun, and heads towards the front.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo has his looted pistol in one hand, and Puck cradled in the other, with Elly by his side.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

15. - Top - End - #675

Assaulting the hangar? Could be risky, but at least if we manage it we should be free and clear.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo pokes his head in and takes a quick look around.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[10]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

As Romeo looks around he sees a veritable hangar of vehicles. Tanks, ATVs, jeeps with cannons attached; it looks like a military outfitter. Dozens of people move around; troops marching in lockstep, people who would appear to be fliers, and engineers.

Most interesting of all are a dozen jets in the corner. Streamlined, quick, they appear to be marvels of modern technology. Two large guns are mounted on the wings; machine guns, at least. One should be able to fit at least twelve people, more than enough to take your crew.

Alongside the jets lie a similar number of objects that would appear to be bombs.

Show

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

So, ya, all this running is cool and all. But I'm bored and wanna go home. I'm going to go find Ethan. Piece bitches. The Rotom hops into the nearest camera without going into the hangar, then tries to find Ethan.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

19. - Top - End - #679

Pop quiz: does anyone actually know how to fly a plane? This may be important.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald shrugs.
    "...Maybe I used to? Not a clue. Willing to give it a shot after we find Ethan and the girls though."

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

Paul has a loud shushing sound run through his head. If that Rotom really is working with Ethan, we won't have to. And he seems intent on helping him. Otherwise it's hoping for an autopilot or for someone to have flying experience.

Show

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    So, ya, all this running is cool and all. But I'm bored and wanna go home. I'm going to go find Ethan. Piece bitches. The Rotom hops into the nearest camera without going into the hangar, then tries to find Ethan.
    As you fly into the camera, you enter easily. You fly through at an astonishing rate on a beeline towards the main hub. Before you make it too far you get a bad feeling, stopping. A good thing too; a powerful blast of shadows just misses. Another electronic construct appears, red parts shining brightly. You've seen these before; living firewalls, programmed Porygon. This will be fun...

Show

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

After waiting a couple minutes, Gerald sighs before covering Romeo's mouth with his hand and pulling back, silently closing the door with his foot.
    "Spent a little too long there, Smiles. You and me go in, jack something heavy hitting, and clear a path for the others, maybe the whole hangar so we can get back in for the others. Before that, though-"
    Gerald flicks a radio he picked up off his belt with a slight flourish, an unusually impish smile on his face as he begins walking away from the door enough that it should be hard to overhear him from inside, if not outright impossible.
    "Well, before that, I just have a few choice words I want to get out. We should also find some place to talk that's, y'know, NOT in front of a ****load of guards."
    He clears his throat, and once anyone who wants to get out of the way does so, starts.
    “Hello? Ani? Bidoof muker?“
    *tap tap*
    “Hey, you there? Because I figured I would just take a moment, now, to thank you. Because while I can’t remember a lot of things, I can remember the depression. I can remember working on…I don’t even know what number attempt for a foolproof suicide, when you stopped…my gods, I feel so light now. Like...I can’t remember my heart ever beating this slow, or smiling so damn much. And I have to thank you, and your…heh, your god of DESPAIR, of all things, for it. So you know what? I’m going to spread this. I’m going to build orphanages run by the nuns of Cresselia, whole muking chains of them, every city I can, by hand if I have to. All with the money I’m going to make dragging your corpse, and the corpses of others like you, out of the darkness. And each of them will have a small plaque in them, saying ‘This orphanage is dedicated to Bidoof Muker-without him, I never would’ve gotten out of depression and found the will to do this’. And they won’t know who, none of them will, except for your god, me, and whatever he leaves left of you. They won’t know, that your very existence will be bane to him, that he will CURSE your name, and whatever hell you are brought to, whatever suffering he brings to you, it’ll never be enough. I’ll make our little joke synonymous with charity, happiness, and hope, a little joke between the three of us. And it’s all thanks to you, Aniketos. So thanks for screwing your job up SO BAD that you made a broken man dream again.”
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-11-18 at 07:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis grabs the radio from Gerald and smacks him over the head with it. Are you trying to get us Muking killed!? Think for a second, gods! We're in a hallway! There ISN'T anywhere to hide! Romeo, get Gerald and yourself to look like the people in there and get us some transport ASAP!

Show

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

Cute. The Rotom focuses, generating and barraging the Porygon with random bits of nonsense code at a rapid pace. Not even a Z could sift through so much information and keep its focus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tech-fluffed Confuse Ray
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing as there was no way Romeo would sit quiet for that long, Romeo grabs the radio a short way into Gerald's speech and then proceeds to try to force feed Gerald the radio. 'You know Emo Gerald was annoying to deal with, but this new one is stupider than me. And that's saying something.'

Romeo does as Arte asks, and dresses up Gerald as fast as possible, even buttoning up his shirt a little too tightly just so he could strangle him a little.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Cute. The Rotom focuses, generating and barraging the Porygon with random bits of nonsense code at a rapid pace. Not even a Z could sift through so much information and keep its focus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tech-fluffed Confuse Ray
    The beam connects with the Porgygon. It's eyes bug out momentarily; it seems very disoriented by the beam and simply shakes, unable to act.

Show

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

After waiting a couple minutes, Gerald sighs before covering Romeo's mouth with his hand and pulling back, silently closing the door with his foot.
    "Spent a little too long there, Smiles. You and me go in, jack something heavy hitting, and clear a path for the others, maybe the whole hangar so we can get back in for the others. Before that, though-"
    Gerald flicks a radio he picked up off his belt with a slight flourish, an unusually impish smile on his face as he begins walking away from the door enough that it should be hard to overhear him from inside, if not outright impossible.
    "Well, before that, I just have a few choice words I want to get out. We should also find some place to talk that's, y'know, NOT in front of a ****load of guards."
    He clears his throat, and once anyone who wants to get out of the way does so, starts.
    “Hello? Ani? Bidoof muker?“
    *tap tap*
    “Hey, you there? Because I figured I would just take a moment, now, to thank you. Because while I can’t remember a lot of things, I can remember the depression. I can remember working on…I don’t even know what number attempt for a foolproof suicide, when you stopped…my gods, I feel so light now. Like...I can’t remember my heart ever beating this slow, or smiling so damn much. And I have to thank you, and your…heh, your god of DESPAIR, of all things, for it. So you know what? I’m going to spread this. I’m going to build orphanages run by the nuns of Cresselia, whole muking chains of them, every city I can, by hand if I have to. All with the money I’m going to make dragging your corpse, and the corpses of others like you, out of the darkness. And each of them will have a small plaque in them, saying ‘This orphanage is dedicated to Bidoof Muker-without him, I never would’ve gotten out of depression and found the will to do this’. And they won’t know who, none of them will, except for your god, me, and whatever he leaves left of you. They won’t know, that your very existence will be bane to him, that he will CURSE your name, and whatever hell you are brought to, whatever suffering he brings to you, it’ll never be enough. I’ll make our little joke synonymous with charity, happiness, and hope, a little joke between the three of us. And it’s all thanks to you, Aniketos. So thanks for screwing your job up SO BAD that you made a broken man dream again.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Artemis grabs the radio from Gerald and smacks him over the head with it. Are you trying to get us Muking killed!? Think for a second, gods! We're in a hallway! There ISN'T anywhere to hide! Romeo, get Gerald and yourself to look like the people in there and get us some transport ASAP!
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Seeing as there was no way Romeo would sit quiet for that long, Romeo grabs the radio a short way into Gerald's speech and then proceeds to try to force feed Gerald the radio. 'You know Emo Gerald was annoying to deal with, but this new one is stupider than me. And that's saying something.'

Romeo does as Arte asks, and dresses up Gerald as fast as possible, even buttoning up his shirt a little too tightly just so he could strangle him a little.
    After Gerald's remarks, you feel a hostile presence scream in your minds. Anni is angry to say the least.

You hear the shouts of a multitude of guards as one shouts,

"They're in the hall!"

Gunfire comes whizzing through the doorway. Just as you begin to go to attack, smoke begins to fill the hall.

"He's back!" Mark shouts, releasing his Lairon into the hangar and opening fire with his new gun at the soldiers swarming the door. "James, Isaac, help me hold the door," he says, taking a stance against the door frame and occasionally firing a burst around the corner, usually dropping a guard.

"You guys handle him, we'll hold this!" Isaac says, having his Charmeleon lay down thick smoke as he rushes through the door for a better vantage point.

The smoke begins to condense, slowly at first but eventually forming bodies. Before long Anni lies before you, a Pokeball in hand. A quick button press later, a ghostly Pokemon appears before him. But the smoke only continues to swirl, forming two dark figures that seem to be made of the darkness itself. They reach for shadowy Pokeballs, releasing ghosts of their own.

An arrogant prick, he says, looking at Gerald, a bitchy pyschic, a glare at Artemis, a fat old man, a disgusted look at Paul, and one of hers he says with a sneer at Romeo. You are all quite competent now, aren't you? he says, looking at you. I don't like those odds, he says, snapping his fingers.

As he does so, three shadowy blobs appear behind him. Within you can see Taylor, Jessica, and Ethan.

Oh, you know them? Anni says with sick sarcasm. Return your Pokemon. Now. We can't have this fight be unfair now, can we? And I'd hate to have anything bad happen to them, he says, clenching his fist. The smoke around Taylor condenses, drawing a cry from her.

As you listen in shock, you hear the twang of a crossbow and a blast of overwhelming heat accompanied by the screams of burning guards. Seems like Mark is giving up on the gun; crossbows are better anyways.

Ethan
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Anni disappears, you find yourself drawn into a swirling vortex of grey matter. A few seconds later you feel your physical body return. You try to move, but something stops you. It's as if you are trying to swim through syrup; it's not very effective. You can't see who Anni is talking to, but from the muted words he is saying you assume it's your team. As for Pokemon, there are purple blobs. One is on the ground, two in the air. Despite the lack of glasses, you are able to make some guesses. The fliers must be Ghastly line; floating, purple ghosts. The one on the ground is likely a Spiritomb or Gengar based off of its size.

Show

29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan
    How very original. Ethan struggles against the syrup, fighting to break free.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[16] Not sure if I have a Str bonus or not.

Rotom
    Amusing. How bout a bit more confusion, eh? The Rotom generates more code, imprinting it, making faux bodies to occupy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rotoms at D4, F4, G5 and C4. Real one at G5. Double Team, obviously.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #690

I'm not returning jack, you little Bidoof. I want to introduce you to my friend. His name is Buck. Would you like for me to tell you what he came here to do?