New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

[Sznovf - Log Cabin]

"I heard of what?" Cass says. She's finished wrapping up her legs at this point.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Log Cabin

"Massy-kism. Dad mentioned it once with regards to one of his old flames. I know it's got something to do with the bedroom; Dad was being quiet and thought I was asleep."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #423

[Sznovf - Log Cabin]

"No, not that I know of," Cass says. It occurs to her that the kid might be talking about painjackers, but it also occurs to her that maybe a child shouldn't know about that.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Log Cabin

"Oh. You kill the wizard yet?" He may have been referring to painjackers, but as I don't quite know what a painjacker is I can only speculate based upon the name.

5. - Top - End - #425

[Sznovf - Log Cabin]

"Wizard was already bagged and tagged when I got there, but yeah. Monkeys won't buffing you guys anymore." Cass stretches one of her arms.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-08-17 at 05:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Wizard's Tower

"Good, they hurt and not in the good way." By which he means they hurt him, rather than those around him.

7. - Top - End - #427

[Sznovf - Log Cabin]

"They didn't get to you, did they?" Cassidy asks. She hopes the kid wasn't hiding some kind of injury.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Log Cabin

"One grazed the back of my head, but there was a healing potion under the bed. I'm fine. Should have saved it for Daddy." He's got a thick skull from his mother, he's quite resistant to pain.

9. - Top - End - #429

[Sznovf - Log Cabin]

"It's fine, your dad ain't in the dirt." Cass stands up and dusts off her jeans. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to know where that ghost it?"
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-08-17 at 05:53 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Log Cabin

"Still working on Dad, I think. What was the wizard's body like? Was it rotten and gruesome?" The orlf goes to sit in a different chair.

11. - Top - End - #431

[Sznovf - Log Cabin]

"Nah, not til I went CSE ln it anyway. Oddly clean, for someone who should've been on the way to the ghouls."

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Log Cabin

"What's CSE? I don't recognise it." I'm not certain what it means either.

13. - Top - End - #433

[Sznovf - Log Cabin]

"Sorry, Chunky Salsa Effect." Cass reminds herself that maybe she should cut down on the slang. "I blew him up."

14. - Top - End - #434
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Log Cabin

"COOL! Do you have any of his guts?" I'd say Bramble was starting to worry me, but I designed Bramble to be worrying.

15. - Top - End - #435

[Sznovf - Log Cabin]

"No, I make it a point not to carry guts with me," Cass says. Runners don't tend to deal with messes. Not until the run goes south, anyway.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Log Cabin

"It doesn't have to be gut, it could be muscle, a finger, a scrap of skin. Anything. I haven't had long pork since Mum died." 'Long pork' being an euphemism for human flesh.

17. - Top - End - #437

[Sznovf - Log Cabin]

"I got nothing on me, kid." Cass almost wants to yell about how he shouldn't be trying to eat human flesh. Reminds her of the Ghouls.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Log's Cabin

"Oh. Um, this is one of those subjects Dad doesn't like me talking about with humans, isn't it? Um, sorry. It's a cultural thing, anthrophagy." It's not cannibalism as Bramble is half-elf and half-orc; neither of his parents are human. Although as I recall the Shadowrun universe doesn't work like that.

19. - Top - End - #439

[Sznovf - Log Cabin]

"I'm not exactly aces with culture either, but yeah. That kinda talk ain't smooth with me." Cass fidgets a little.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Orc in the Playground

Sznovf- Log Cabin

"Orcs have been forced off their land in most places, fleeing to places humans won't follow. Unfortunately, then they need to get stuff to survive and raid humans, and orcs are carnivorous. They need meat to live, and humans send soldiers to wipe them out after a raid so they can survive. It's a choice that was forced upon them." That's not entirely true, as orcs started eating humans and elves before they were forced off their land. Admittedly, it was before they understood each other and orcs didn't realise they were intelligent.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Fortress Mountain- Inside

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    ((Ah. Misread that as 'pauses for a second before destroying the tanks' instead of 'pauses and investigates the tanks before doing anything rash'.))

Sturdy metal forms the skeleton of the tank with thick plastic panels on five of six sides providing windows by which to observe it's contents. Underneath is mounted a cluster of pipes, canisters and valves, while presently sealed access ports running the top of the frame allow for the introduction of various antibiotics, chemicals and nutrients as the experiment demands, a row of three buttons, green blue and red, along the right-hand side activating unknown functions.

Now that Erin's up close she'll see that the tanks are not in fact as empty as they appeared, a shallow layer of microbiological medium filling the very bottom. Whether or not any miniature monstrosities lurk within is unknown, unless she happens to have microscopes for eyes.

And in the background, there's still the rumble of an approaching lift.
    Erin curses her lack of time-delay charges, shrugs, and goes to lift off up through the ceiling again!

Leaving as parting gifts two ectoblasts in the direction of the tanks, and one in the direction of the lift.

Fortress Mountain- Outside

Nope, can't read Latin either. Linguistics is another one of those things you never really bother with in an isolated hivemind.

But he is quite preoccupied with the thought of how bad he's toasted if he can't get this thing working, so presumably it takes off regardless!

At which point his thought process abruptly switches to 'Oh gods oh gods oh gods I have no idea what I'm doing how do I fly this thing I don't want to die!'
    The Jumper actually proves very stable in the hover!
    It demonstrates this by hovering at about 10 feet of altitude.
    ...now it's up to him to figure out that he can control the craft with his mind!
    And he doesn't even have to think in Russian either!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

((Weird, vague foreshadowthingying ahoy!))
    [Moorland]
    Over the heather and through the hills, to the flower-girl's house we go.
    We bring her blood, just as we should, because she asked us so.

The dry bodies, with their pinched faces and bony pallor, are burned outside with a pile of brush.
    The flower girl is very happy this time and there is more nectar than last time.
    She asks them to bring milk as well when they come next time and does not eat any of them.
    This time.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    The Agent puts his revolver away. His Punishment was delivered, so it was time to move on. He turns around and walks back through the tunnels upstairs. Unless interrupted, he will leave the shop and head to the inn.
    A Popular Mountainside Village
    Outside!
    Harley runs up to the mountains!

Nearing the Inn

The people are mostly oblivious to what just happened. Some are suspect, especially the guards, but they're successfully thrown off course, running down the hillside out of the village.

After all, this is a popular adventurer's base town. Odd noises are heard all the time. Usually when some random object explodes because a wizard tried to use it without knowing how.

Into the Inn

The Man can go into the Inn fairly easily. The Innkeeper keeps on looking down at some very important-looking business papers. He assumes that, if The Agent wishes to talk to him, he'll hit the little silver bell right in front of the Innkeeper.

The Inn is fairly clean, and a lot more rich-looking than the rest of the town. There's a Front Room to the right, with three strong-looking guys with swords sitting on lounge chairs chatting about the best way to kill a flaming goblin without using any weapons.

There's another room just beyond the Front Room.

There's also two sets of stairs, each going upwards, at each end of the inn, which will take The Agent to the three floors upwards, all of which have rooms. (There is also a roof exit, which will lead to a back mountain pass). The first floor upwards is floor 1, the second is 2, and the third is 3. Each room also has a letter, from A to Q

Behind the Innkeeper's back is a mounted keyrack, which holds all the keys to all the rooms. Missing keys (meaning rooms that have people either in the room, around the town, or in the surrounding mountains): 1A, 1B, 1C. 1K. 1P, 1Q. 2F, 2G, 2H, 2I, 2J. 3A, 3C, 3E. 3N, 3O.
    OoC: The guy who The Agent is looking for is currently alone in room 2G, and is present in the room at the moment. The Agent can either investigate each room one by one, ask the Innkeeper (who probably won't be too fond about answering many questions about his clients), ask the three strong-looking guys, one of which is shirtless, or use whatever natural or supernatural means that you can think of)[/OoC]

24. - Top - End - #444

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Fortress Mountain- Inside

Erin curses her lack of time-delay charges, shrugs, and goes to lift off up through the ceiling again!

Leaving as parting gifts two ectoblasts in the direction of the tanks, and one in the direction of the lift.
    Ooh, she should really be more careful. The bacteria within the tanks were of strains susceptible to being heat-killed, as indeed, pressing the red button would have done, but were they not Erin's rash attempt at vengeance could well have been disasterous. Excelsior's troops are by and large resistant to horrible, wasting diseases. Most other people are not.

As for the occupant of the lift, lucky him, he happens to be resistant to death as well, although the fact that the ectoblast could not possibly strike him directly without being able to turn corners helps too.

This time though, it seems Erin is out of labs to wreck, for her trip upwards will this time not end with her surfacing in any new rooms. Looks like Excelsior hasn't built any further upwards, yet.

Fortress Mountain- Outside

The Jumper actually proves very stable in the hover!
    It demonstrates this by hovering at about 10 feet of altitude.
    ...now it's up to him to figure out that he can control the craft with his mind!
    And he doesn't even have to think in Russian either![/QUOTE]

Francium doesn't immediately cotton on to his mental control of the craft, but he is of the mold to, in times of stress such as this, work his way through each step mentally before physically, meaning that the command will have no dearth of commands to follow and therefor he no lack of evidence from which to soon conclude that the jumper is indeed obeying his thoughts.

A surprised grin coming to his face, he tries willing the craft to head towards... Towards.... Damn.

Only now does it dawn upon Francium that he never thought of where he was escaping to, only what from. Inside might be a good choice, were it not for him sharing a face with several wanted men there. And Inside is the only city he knows of. Hoping the ship can take more abstract orders, he thinks with utmost concentration on wishing to go somewhere that has lots of people, yet is not Inside.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

25. - Top - End - #445

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "Sso there'ss a world where thingss didn't go horribly wrong for me? Well issn't that jusst wonderful to know." Rather demoralizing, really.

"I ssupposse I sshould apologisse then, sshouldn't I? If what you ssay iss true, I mean. It doessn't sseem like you, the you I know, to come out and taunt me, I guesss. The Vizek I knew would never have dared sshow hiss face around me, after being too cowardly to do anything."
    [Cyan Beach]

"I don't know much about 'your' Vizek, but I can assure you that I'm not him." The green dragon tells him. "This of course means you aren't 'my' Damon either... so I'm not sure I know you at all." He didn't like the fact there were other versions of him, it seemed so confusing. There must be all sort of subtle differences between these two worlds.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Halfling in the Playground

[Cyan Beach]

"I would've thought there are ssome ssimilaritiess between me and him. Though apparently he'ss had all the good fortune." Damon sighs and turns to head back to the robot head thingy. "I ssuppose I sshould go back and make ssure that Vivecka iss alright. I thought her eyess looked...a little-"

Having taken at most half a dozen steps, Damon facepalms and lets out a slow groan as he turns back around.

"Except sshe'ss you. Issn't sshe?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

27. - Top - End - #447

[Cyan Beach]

The dragon looks away, this was going to be awkward. "Erm... in my defense, I had no idea you were you... which you technically aren't." That makes perfect sense. "My Damon just don't quite like that or shapechanges into a human to seduce ladies. That's my thing."

28. - Top - End - #448
    Halfling in the Playground

[Cyan Beach]

"Well I am me, jusst not...your me." Damon scratches his head, feeling very awkward indeed. "If you were my you and you did that, I would probably be after your blood. But I...ssupposse I can't hold anything againsst you, ssince your not my you."

All very confusing, isn't it?

"It'ss hard to be angry at you when you didn't know I was me, and not your me."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

29. - Top - End - #449

[Cyan Beach]

"Yes..." Well, what else could you say without sounding really stupid? That ship might have already sailed however...

"I really should have told you about the whole dragon-thing before we hooked up but we were had such a good time and I didn't want to ruin it. I mean, I never really expected these demons to show up."

30. - Top - End - #450

[Sznovf - Log Cabin]

"Yeah, orks are a little different back on my stomping grounds. You'll usually find them in a chain gang, but that's cause I'm in the slums." Cassidy rubs one of her arms.