New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    I will probably be having Arianna in the Mortal World, if that's okay. That way, she can join the Hollow fight.
    There's your in into the RP there Kurfuffle. The S.S.I is sending combat visuals of a Hollow attacking the school from remote cam.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    To my memory, there is no indication that untrained, inherent spiritual awareness provides reiatsu sensing capabilities.
    Kenpachi is a spirit, and when fighting Tosen, said he couldn't really sense Reiatsu. So your interpretation is reasonable, a weak medium would not necessarily sense spirits in other ways than sight.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ettin in the Playground

*sloooowly creeps into the thread*

Ohai people. Long story short, I like Bleach (to a degree) and thought it'd be fun to join in this, if still possible.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    *sloooowly creeps into the thread*

Ohai people. Long story short, I like Bleach (to a degree) and thought it'd be fun to join in this, if still possible.
    Hey there Techno

@Keveak: I'll have a post up for you to get Alice into the mix as soon as I get back from work.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-11-03 at 11:52 AM.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Dwarf in the Playground

Recruitment is open till somone says otherwise, welcome aboard!

Pretty much any character fits at this point, though the character registry will show you which positions are taken (most captaincy slots, head honcho of hollows, 2nd espada), but feel free to insert yourself anywhere in the hierarchies from high to low.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ettin in the Playground

Hiya Tebryn.

Anyways, what I was thinking as a character: guy from Denmark or Norway moves to Japan as an exchange student, somehow gets himself tangled with the hollows, starts developing a Zanpuktou, and over time reaches Ichigo's power level of roughly up until the fight between him and Ulquiorra (because really, that fight was cool, Demon Ichigo was badass, and IMO the series took a nosedive after that point).

More on the Zanpuktou: kind of like Ichigo's in the sense that its compressed, but gives titanic raw strength instead of speed (because Decterity is OP and overrated). His Zanpuktou's name will be Fenrir (Bankai: Wolf of the Ragnarok) and has the ability to summon wolves and throw getsuga tenshou-like blasts at his enemies, the difference in the blasts being that instead of a single crescent slash of energy, it looks like the head of a wolf moving towards you, closing around and collapsing energy all around you. In shikai this is balanced with the lunar calendar (indicated through his Zanpuktou because there's a half dome moon symbol on both sides of the sword). The more white on the moon, the stronger his energy blasts but the weaker his wolves, if the moon is black his wolves are very strong, but his blasts are rather weak.

In Bankai, it's basically a Berserk mode. The moon of the world he's currently in glows blood red (sort of like a lunar eclipse) and his Zanpuktou matches. The Zanpuktou's form doesn't change, but the runes along the sword (which spell out Fenrir) glow a furious red, and the guy suddenly has a wolf pelt on his head. Because of the eclipse effect, the slash and the wolves are treated as of they're at full strength, he himself gains titanic strength, but all at the cost of going berserk (forced to fight, can't back out, difficult time discerning friend from foe).

Other than that... his hollow once defeated will give him a wolf mask.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Bugbear in the Playground

There are... phrases that I could use to describe this.

I'll leave it to someone else.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #578

TechnOkami, your character seems a bit...derivative. A lot of your descriptions seem to me to come down to "Ichigo, but..." which is not good. Also, a substitute needs a Shinigami as a catalyst for their powers, which you don't address. Similarly, you give no reason for the character to even have an Inner Hollow. Why does he need one?

Mechanically speaking, abilities that rely on long term timescales are inconsistent and a bit of a headache in these kinds of games; it might be a good idea to scrap that aspect of the character's powers. Also, turning the moon red isn't really within the power of a Zanpakuto.

You definitely have some solid core concepts, but the character could use some refinement before it's ready.

On an unrelated note, I discussed it with Eiko, and Jehoel is now the Primera Espada.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heh.

Hehehehe.

Hahahahaa... Aahahhaahahahaaa.....

MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

This ends our intermission, see you next time on, "Scenes from Las Noches!"

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm... I'll give more thought to something more serious then.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Dwarf in the Playground

There's nothing stopping you from using those raw mechanical idea if you like them. Blade that does blasts/creates wolves and something causes a gradual shift between them, perhaps how injured he is? Works quite well with the beserker theme you seemed to like.

Equally you dont need a hollow mask to have a berserk mode, perhaps have your zanpukto spirit be a blood crazed maniac and perhaps it possesses him during bankai.

Basically, take what you added and see how much of it still looks good when not stapled to ichigo

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hm... I'll give more thought to something more serious then.
    I think others have given appropriate criticisms, but I just want to mention that I have a very similar wolf-themed shinigami.

Not that I have a monopoly on the concept, just something to think about while you make your character.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Pixie in the Playground

hey all... just meandering around and found this again

hope you are all well

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey everyone.

I've been mulling over various character concepts for a while now, and I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that I don't think I can adequately dedicate as much time to this game as I want, nor pursue a character in this world. It's for various reasons, some I will not mention, but long story short I don't think I will be joining in these Bleach shenanigans. I hope you all the best and that this game is successful, though.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey everyone.

I've been mulling over various character concepts for a while now, and I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that I don't think I can adequately dedicate as much time to this game as I want, nor pursue a character in this world. It's for various reasons, some I will not mention, but long story short I don't think I will be joining in these Bleach shenanigans. I hope you all the best and that this game is successful, though.
    That's a shame Techno. Better luck next time I guess.

16. - Top - End - #586

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    That's a shame Techno. Better luck next time I guess.
    And if things turn out that you are able to join in the future, the door will still be open!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

17. - Top - End - #587
    171873124Giarc
    Guest in the Playground

Hmm.......interesting. Very interesting.

Based on earlier posts recruitment is open.

Is post Aizen considered canon for this AU (fullbring and living Quincies)?
    Last edited by 171873124Giarc; 2012-11-06 at 08:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

Fullbringers do exist. My antagonist-to-be is one.

Quincies have not been discussed, I don't recall a single Quincy character in the game yet. It's safe to say Vandenreich does not exist, but I'd have nothing against solitary Quincy characters.

19. - Top - End - #589

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quincies have not been discussed, I don't recall a single Quincy character in the game yet. It's safe to say Vandenreich does not exist, but I'd have nothing against solitary Quincy characters.
    Quincies as an organization do exist, as my Mortal World character's backstory relies on them. Beyond that, there are no details.

20. - Top - End - #590
    171873124Giarc
    Guest in the Playground

Character Idea: A slowly dying fullbringer

[Still Editing]
    Last edited by 171873124Giarc; 2012-11-14 at 10:01 AM.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ettin in the Playground

We'll be here waiting for you.

Meanwhile:

Etna: I kicked him between his legs.
    Flonne: Oh? What's there?
    Etna: Well... *whisper whisper*
    Prinny commentator: His pride, dood!
    Flonne: Oh! .... what happened then?
    Etna: Oh, you know. *smug*
    Prinny commentator: He lost his pride and had to live on as a woman, dood.
    Balls to the wall.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2012-11-16 at 03:04 PM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The questions I'd never thought I'd have to ask about Bleach...

Do Hollows/Arrancar even have vulnerable groiney bits? Aren't they just super powerful monsters mimicking human form.

And please, no fanart as a source.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Dwarf in the Playground

I believe the answer is that it was never covered.

I'm inclined to say yes, if only because it lets me bring them closer to a normal society. Also, some arrancar imply it in cannon, if only with their outfits/words/personalities.

24. - Top - End - #594

Starrk. Poor, poor Starrk.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post

Do Hollows/Arrancar even have vulnerable groiney bits? Aren't they just super powerful monsters mimicking human form.

Fan art? Pfft. Guess where Szayel Aporro's and Tia Harribel's Hollow holes are by canonical data books.

26. - Top - End - #596
    171873124Giarc
    Guest in the Playground

I know Harribel's is somewhere around her breasts, but the other?

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ettin in the Playground

Hah, no. We see almost all of Harribel's breasts, and it's nowhere to be seen. Both have theirs in places they can't show on mainstream TV. ;)

28. - Top - End - #598
    171873124Giarc
    Guest in the Playground

Egads, the internet lied to me! Waht a momentous ocasion, when such a trustworthy freind as the net would so malicously decieve a humble fool such as I!

Huh. I could have sworn................whatever.

Also, are there any limits whatsoever to fullbringer powers? I can't find any, and every idea I come up with just seems so cheap that I decide to go with something else.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post

I am no expert on the common consequences of Hollow-transformation, but I would assume it varies from Hollow to Hollow? They have quite the variety among them, ranging from nearly human-like, trough mimicking entirely different animals and all the way to looking like no living creature I have ever seen. Presumably their vulnerabilities are varied enough to include mimicry of common human ones.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Well your characters have permission to punch Lyco in the upper lady parts to turn off her axe crazy. I am declaring them vulnerable.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris