New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Gee, I sure am glad that Sora has somehow managed to attain the position of shonen character, what with his backstory and how terribly he did last game

with Sora at the lead of the "good" (For a given value of good) of MW, what could possibly go wrong?
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Yes, I think it would be helpful. Please send PM freely.
    PM has been sent

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Should be interesting. :D

…y'know, I'm tempted to have an Akiyama family trait of 'unusual tastes in fashion for their demographic'. Add a bit of humor possibilities.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

I want to ask about your character horngeek.Mio is to be a mod soul, but to be in mortal world at the school. If it is desired, maybe she is familiar with the substitute shinigami? I don't know if help is needed since 4 years, but she could have been a useful support.

I don't know if a mod soul is needed for change to shinigami form, but to remember such a case of Kon to be used. Even if not to use, Mio is a sensor for hollow, and contact for soul society and useful with fight or support. Maybe some training or work together could have happened?
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

A mod soul (or artificial soul) isn't required to leave the body, but the mod soul can keep the body moving around so you don't collapse often. Hinata would probably appreciate a friendly mod soul to take care of her body while she's trying to take down a Hollow, yes. But Mio would likely need to have a 'body' to inhabit while she's not taking care of Hinata's if we go for that sort of connection.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-10-01 at 07:31 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    A mod soul (or artificial soul) isn't required to leave the body, but the mod soul can keep the body moving around so you don't collapse often. Hinata would probably appreciate a friendly mod soul to take care of her body while she's trying to take down a Hollow, yes. But Mio would likely need to have a 'body' to inhabit while she's not taking care of Hinata's if we go for that sort of connection.
    Yes, it was planned to have such a gigai for Mio as well.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, right.

<.<
    >.>

Although, the problem is then that Mio 'collapses' whenever there's trouble. Unless the body is a doll or something like Kon's body.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Recent, like start of the game when Hollows have returned to the world. Probably a week before start for a perfect time line.
    If so recently, how about playing and fleshing it out in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Gee, I sure am glad that Sora has somehow managed to attain the position of shonen character, what with his backstory and how terribly he did last game

with Sora at the lead of the "good" (For a given value of good) of MW, what could possibly go wrong?
    "What makes you think he'll do any less terribly this time around? Clearly, he needs moral support."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, right.

<.<
    >.>

Although, the problem is then that Mio 'collapses' whenever there's trouble. Unless the body is a doll or something like Kon's body.
    To be a hollow sensor, if such a hollow is located, there is time to prepare. To say, probably Mio finds and tells Hinata and a preparation can be made. Probably I will think of a doll also, or maybe it can be a special gigai that collapses into a doll when not used? I don't know if it is ok with other players such an ability.

If it is a situation of a little time, then probably Mio will fight with her gigai and to protect Hinata's body. Mio know's her gigai is able for sacrifice.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

So do all the mortal characters (or at least the students) go to the same school?

11. - Top - End - #371

That was my belief when I made Naito.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

12. - Top - End - #372

It's more than possible with what he has at his disposal either with Kido or technology.
    Okay then. Probably safe to assume that the specific trip into the Mortal World that this happened on was set up by him as well. You know, like he's the one that gave the recon division the info that made them send her by herself for that run. Maybe told them this particular Hollow was really good at hiding, and with Arianna being good at tracking, she was the obvious choice.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

NOTE: I say Tokyo High here, but that's really just a placeholder until a final town and school for the mortal characters is decided.

I haven't decided whether I should just play this character normally or have him as a publically available NPC.

Name: Takahashi Tanaka
    Occupation: Badass Mortal, Teacher at Tokyo High in Mathematics, Physical Education, and English. Also is the faculty sponsort for the Martial Arts club and Kendo club and coaches several sports teams.

Appearance: Tanaka is a half-Japanese half-American man standing at an enormous 7 feet tall. He routinely hits his head on doors and has actually been checked for gigantism, but it turns out he's just unnaturally tall. His hair is short and starting to gray, and his skin is starting to wrinkle, but the man has plenty of life in him. He's usually grinning or grimacing widely depending on his mood, and he always wears a pair of dog tags.

Personality: Tanaka is either loved or hated by the students, sometimes both. While he authentically cares for all of his students and tries to look out for them, he can be quite overbearing and overzealous in his teachings. Several times when students have tried to play hookey, Tanaka charged off the school grounds, tracked them down, and dragged them back to school. He's been disciplined by his superiors for being overly aggressive with the students but hasn't been fired, and many students and faculty alike suspect that he's either intimidated the principal or has some sort of special unknown military status where he can't be fired. That being said, when students behave in class, Tanaka can be their best friend. He always makes time for private tutoring sessions or even just to lend a friendly ear. He also doesn't give up on students just because they're troubled or delinquent. In fact, it usually just makes him that much more passionate about getting those students a proper education and reforming them from delinquency.

Abilities: Spiritual awareness? Don't you give Tanaka that crap! He's not superstitious in the least, and he thinks that you shouldn't buy into all that "ghost" nonsense. It'll interfere with the important things in life like your studies.

Peak physical condition: Tanaka has a lot of energy for his age. He runs several miles every day for exercise, is proficient enough in multiple martial arts to teach them (including a few that by law he's not allowed to show students), and has enough energy to teach his classes, coach several teams, sponsor several school clubs, and still make time for his students. He's also strong enough that he could wrestle large game for fun if he chose to.

Military Training: Tanaka has served a long time in the military, though which branch(es) remains a mystery. Many suspect he's former special ops, and there's nothing to suggest that that isn't correct. Tanaka knows his way around even the latest military equipment and can dismantle and reassemble most firearms blindfolded. He has quite the collection of military equipment at home, but it's just a collection. Besides a few pistols most of it is disarmed. He could probably use one of his many contacts to get his hands on most any surplus equipment imaginable. Often he can show up to a private facility, flash an ID, cheerfully state that he knows someone, and be let in.

Tracker: When Tanaka goes after a delinquent student playing hookey, he doesn't hold back. Part of his training allows him to expertly track his target in nearly any situation. Often he can find delinquent students and bring them back to school in a matter of hours at most.

History: Large portions of Tanaka's life remain a mystery. His father was Japanese and his mother was American. Both served in their respective country's military, and it was through cross-training programs that they met and eventually fell in love. His mother was descended from Norwegian immigrants with a minor history of gigantism in the family line, which could partially account for his unusual height and girth. He grew up in Japan with a an active but not otherwise particularly unique childhood. Tanaka proudly admits he's served in the military, though which branch and where is a mystery, and he doesn't mention if he's served in any wars, though the implications are there. He's served his active tour of duty and now, since any of the students can remember he's been teaching at Tokyo High. There are many who believe that he was part of some kind of black ops team or special forces. The fact that Tanaka seemingly has old buddies in most military branches and several federal offices doesn't help, and there have been several instances where men in dark suits visited Tanaka and suddenly for the next week Tanaka was on vacation, coming back and giving what many assume is a bogus story about deep sea fishing. Currently, Tanaka enjoys his life as a teacher, and prides himself on being tough on delinquency.

Plans for Character: I was planning on this guy being a NPC for public use, but now I'm not sure. I'm growing attached to him. Anyway, he's more of a foil for the student characters and to actually have a teacher figure available. He currently has absolutely no spiritual awareness or powers, and I have no current plans for it, but a lot can happen in an RP. If it comes to it, there's potential for maybe a Fullbring later.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    If so recently, how about playing and fleshing it out in the game?
    That was the idea yes. At the start, he doesn't even know how to use Shunpo or release his zanpakuto. To him, it's just a sword. I mean, he could easily be a Quincy or even just a Spiritually Powered mortal with a different ability. I'm not married to his Zanpakuto.

Though I stress, I intend for Asagi to be strictly on the Ant- side of the -agonist side of things. Sawada....Sawada is growing more more gray than I had anticipated at the start and I myself find it worrying for everyone else's well being.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-01 at 10:19 AM.

15. - Top - End - #375

That was the idea yes. At the start, he doesn't even know how to use Shunpo or release his zanpakuto. To him, it's just a sword. Though I stress, I intend for Asagi to be strictly on the Ant- side of the -agonist side of things. Sawada....Sawada is growing more more gray than I had anticipated at the start and I myself find it worrying for everyone else's well being.
    I find that there's always a place for the grey characters. Especially since they're usually harder to predict. Makes things more interesting.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    I find that there's always a place for the grey characters. Especially since they're usually harder to predict. Makes things more interesting.
    Hell, Kurotsuchi's pitch-black and at this point in the canon he's one of the protagonists.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    I'm not bemoaning it, more just...remarking that it was an unexpected turn of events so early on.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    To be a hollow sensor, if such a hollow is located, there is time to prepare. To say, probably Mio finds and tells Hinata and a preparation can be made. Probably I will think of a doll also, or maybe it can be a special gigai that collapses into a doll when not used? I don't know if it is ok with other players such an ability.

If it is a situation of a little time, then probably Mio will fight with her gigai and to protect Hinata's body. Mio know's her gigai is able for sacrifice.
    I think the 'Mio's body collapses into a doll' idea might be a good one- in fact, the mod souls that were introduced in the Bount Arc of the anime had such an ability, if I remember right. :)

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

Heck, Yamamoto himself will look like a bad guy based on his powers to anyone skimming the latest chapters. Army of countless burning dead for the win!

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

XD

Actually, the last few chapters sprung off an idea for me. Unfortunately, not one I can actually do here in this game.

Let's just say that if the first game were to start now, Commander-General Daisuke Hayashi's Bankai would be...

A bit different. In the sense of being similar in side-effects.

Oh, and the name?

"Bankai.
    Amaterasu."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Heck, Yamamoto himself will look like a bad guy based on his powers to anyone skimming the latest chapters. Army of countless burning dead for the win!
    I must admit, it was an inspiration of Sawada's own Zanpakuto. A gem in an otherwise dismal run of arcs really.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Wow I really missed a lot. As the last horse to cross the line allow me to congratulate you horngeek on making an interesting pair of characters and for how things came together for you. I'm going to try to make a mortal world character as well as I only have Naijeru at this point.

Though I will apologize at this point. The characters I make are going to be good guys, period. I'm just not good at playing bad guys, and I always feel a little disgusted with myself when I do. Also I'm going to make them a fullbringer with an ability focused on power. Just my personal preference. I love a Lightning Bruiser to death or even a speedster but for some reason a Mighty Glacier just harmonizes with me. what was that saying? "There is a certain level of power against which not tactics can prevail"

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    "There is a certain level of power against which not tactics can prevail"
    I'm willing to take that bet.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-09 at 10:18 AM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks good, except for the 'last' bit. Very restrictive if anyone else wants to play a Quincy.

Of course, he could believe he's the last...

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks good, except for the 'last' bit. Very restrictive if anyone else wants to play a Quincy.

Of course, he could believe he's the last...
    I changed it actually to something I hope is more frightening while in play.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Oooooooh.

O.o

So, yeah, defenitely waiting for game to start now. I'll write up my backstory today...

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #387

I've a question that somebody will be able to answer. (It was probably already answered in the pages of posts that I missed while I was studying a lot.)

At the game start, how soon is that after the "Hollow Attack" at the Scarlet Garden? Will the game start be same-day after the Hollow Surprise Attack, or will it be weeks or months afterwards?

Because this will affect how Suou Nicole starts out. If it's a same-day or same-week deal, then I'll start Suou with applying to become a Shinigami. If it's a week or so afterwards, then I'll just have to skip that and start with her as a new member of the squad rather than Shinigami-in-training.

((Returning to the Kido vs Elemental Magic thing: Either way, it makes more sense for her to be better at Elemental Magic than Kido, because she's been trained as a Empowered Spirit for much longer than she has been a Shinigami - even though she'll be not-even-hardly proficient at both.))

Edit: And I just realized that I have to get my Arrancar's connections with the current Hollow Hierarchy. I'll spend the next so on trying to decide what would fit her best.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-10-01 at 10:25 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok, so, so far, I've got a new Shinigami who's a seated(or something) in the IID(or someplace). My Mortal is a (substitute?) chemistry teacher at the school all the students are going to. And my Arrancar... I'm not sure what to do with him, actually. Other than those details, I'm really excited for this to start.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-10-02 at 12:15 AM.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

Mahonri Violinist: I'd personally think it cool if Nicole enlisted at the start of the game.

Kerfuffle: Recon seems to lack a Captain. To help Terry out, howabout you make a brief write-up for rec and lead it for the time being?

Bob: are you still making a captain for med&logistics? It's the only division with no members at this point.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    ((Returning to the Kido vs Elemental Magic thing: Either way, it makes more sense for her to be better at Elemental Magic than Kido, because she's been trained as a Empowered Spirit for much longer than she has been a Shinigami - even though she'll be not-even-hardly proficient at both.))
    It makes sense. The only person we see in canon use Seppa is just a powerful soul and not actually a Shinigami. The Shinigami he uses it on doesn't even seem to recognize it as he keeps calling it "That strange technique" more than once. Though at least in this version the SSI know about it and apply it on a daily basis.