New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    I think the 'Mio's body collapses into a doll' idea might be a good one- in fact, the mod souls that were introduced in the Bount Arc of the anime had such an ability, if I remember right. :)
    Ok, I will use this plan.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

*nods* Would Mio stay with the twins, or would she have a place of her own?

EDIT: And another question- what's Japanese for [Fire Arrow]?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-10-02 at 06:15 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Bob: are you still making a captain for med&logistics? It's the only division with no members at this point.
    I wasn't going to since I'm effectively in charge of one division already, but if no one else minds I'll be glad to write something up for a captain and for the division, especially if it will expedite matters.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're already in charge of one division, it wouldn't be a good idea methinks.

Which one are you in charge of?

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

*nods* Would Mio stay with the twins, or would she have a place of her own?
    Is it ok for Mio to stay with the twins? I think that would be a good situation for Mio.

EDIT: And another question- what's Japanese for [Fire Arrow]?
    [Hiya].

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

*nods* Sure, it's okay. I'm thinking the Twins' parents have a fairly good idea of what's going on with their kids, so she wouldn't have to keep hidden from them.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

If you're already in charge of one division, it wouldn't be a good idea methinks.

Which one are you in charge of?
    Combat. The old captain is dead, and I have the Vice-Captain.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

*nods* Sure, it's okay. I'm thinking the Twins' parents have a fairly good idea of what's going on with their kids, so she wouldn't have to keep hidden from them.
    If the parents do not mind such a [homestay] like existence of four years. Mio wouldn't want to impose many problems.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    If the parents do not mind such a [homestay] like existence of four years. Mio wouldn't want to impose many problems.
    They wouldn't mind. Hmmm... not sure whether Mio'd get a room of her own, or just a bed in the Twins' room. Thoughts?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

They wouldn't mind. Hmmm... not sure whether Mio'd get a room of her own, or just a bed in the Twins' room. Thoughts?
    Mio would be surprised and grateful by the honor to have her own bed.

Because to have collapsible Gigai, it isn't necessary to have a bed or room. However, it depends if it is desired by horngeek to have private room for Twins' room. It seems more like 'sister relationship' maybe to share room together with Mio. I don't know the size of the house of the family also. If there is not so much space, maybe it is together, or to use doll form for sleep is ok too.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay then, she'd probably sleep in her doll form in that case. :)

What do her doll and human forms look like, out of interest?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay then, she'd probably sleep in her doll form in that case. :)

What do her doll and human forms look like, out of interest?
    Sorry, it hasn't been decided. Usually to sketch, but recently mood and schedule wasn't good. Maybe to do ROC, so it will be decided soon.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    I wasn't going to since I'm effectively in charge of one division already, but if no one else minds I'll be glad to write something up for a captain and for the division, especially if it will expedite matters.
    Oh yeah, that slipped my mind. I asked because I thought of making a placeholder Captain for 4th myself to speed things along. It isn't really any better whether I do it or you do it. Hmmm.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Well, let's see... Ideally each division would be played by a separate player.

HQ - Terry
    Internal Security - Zarah
    Med/Logistics - ???
    Recon - ???
    Science - Tebryn
    Combat - DiscipleofBob

Frozen Feet, I really like all the flavor and work you've written up so far for this, so I think it'd be great if you'd take one of the divisions.

I think we have a couple of WIP Shinigami who could potentially be captains, we just need someone to step up.

Also, any thoughts on whether my mortal teacher character should be a NPC or not?
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2012-10-02 at 03:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

*shrugs* I suppose I could always take Recon or Medics. My preference is actually for Recon, but we do have someone playing Vice-Captain for that, so I'll wait and see what KerfuffleMach wants to do.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

EDIT: And this is what happens when I'm left with a slow work week.

Name?: Hades
    Age?: ???
    Gender?: ???
    Spirit Type: Unknown
    Appearance: The being known as Hades is rarely seen, even to his subordinates. There are occasionally reports of a vague thin black shape, almost a shadow, barely humanoid in shape with a simple white mask. Despite having a hollow-esque appearance, he doesn't register as a hollow to senses or devices used to detect hollows. In fact, he doesn't register at all, having completely suppressed his reiatsu.
    Personality: So far, outside of his subordinates, no one else has really had a conversation with Hades. If one were able to draw him out, they would find him eloquent and methodical in his speech and slow to any sort of emotion. Definitely paranoid as he always takes several precautions and prepares several contingency plans.
    Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hades doesn't seem to exhibit many abilities up front, likely because he relies on subordinates to fend for him, while his form when it appears is completely intangible. Hades is also able to completely suppress his reiatsu to avoid detection.

Spoiler
    Show
    There have been strange reports on certain hollows in the mortal world. Nothing to raise any real alarms, but it seems certain Pluses have accelerated their transformation into hollows as of late. Not only that, but some of these hollows display eerily similar appearances, abilities, and even masks despite the Pluses that made these hollows having nothing to do with each other. Not only that, but there are rumors that some of these hollows can maintain a human form without arrancar status and resume their old lives to a certain extent, though their hunger as hollows eventually does consume them. These hollows have displayed additional unusual abilities, but so far have been purified without too much incident, and rumors that someone is creating and coordinating these hollows remain unfounded.

Hades seems to have other abilities as well, such as a surprising knowledge and proficiency of Kido and Bakudo, despite operating solely in the Mortal World with no known connection to Soul Society.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are rumors of a tome of ancient knowledge, the Libris Mortes, the Book of the Dead. The eldritch knowledge in the book is rumored to be older than Soul Society itself. Supposedly it was destroyed in the Library of Alexandria in ancient times, but there are those that say the book had a life of its own, that it passed on to the afterlife, where it only grew in power. The book supposedly contains knowledge on how to create and manipulate different types of spirits, especially hollows.

What do rumors of a lost ancient tome of eldritch knowledge have to do with the enigmatic being knows Hades? Who knows...

Plans for Character: Possible future villain. Definitely staying in the background especially in the beginning. But if the mortal world needs some random hollow attacks to get things going, then this character could be helpful in that regard.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

While I don't mind an unknown element in game, it's hard to judge such a thing on an OOC level. Especially since for all intents and purposes, this is some kind of unknown Spiritual Entity with Shinigami Powers and Hollow Connections. I'm more than a little leery on...introducing anything outside of actual canon based things really. So for the benefit of making this easier to critique...I think we need some more transparency.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hrrrrrmmmm. guys I'm trying to think of a good Fullbringer power but I can think of one. I know I want it to be offensive oriented but that's it. Got any ideas?

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    While I don't mind an unknown element in game, it's hard to judge such a thing on an OOC level. Especially since for all intents and purposes, this is some kind of unknown Spiritual Entity with Shinigami Powers and Hollow Connections. I'm more than a little leery on...introducing anything outside of actual canon based things really. So for the benefit of making this easier to critique...I think we need some more transparency.
    True. Despite the unknown factor, I've already described the characters' abilities for the most part within the profile. Mostly just hollow creation (but not on a mass level) and remaining well-hidden. I had a bunch of hollows themed after Greek monsters that I didn't want to use separately.

I'd noticed a few other profiles which seemed to have some undisclosed secrets. Would it be more acceptable if I picked one or two people to disclose the spoilerific parts of Hades?

@AnimeKid: Btw, I added a few more details to the Combat Corps. You may want to check it out.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2012-10-02 at 05:21 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Bugbear in the Playground

*shrugs* I suppose I could always take Recon or Medics. My preference is actually for Recon, but we do have someone playing Vice-Captain for that, so I'll wait and see what KerfuffleMach wants to do.
    I have no problem with you taking Recon. Personally, I don't feel like I'd do too well with a full leadership position like that. Hence me putting Arianna in as Vice Captain.

So, yeah, if you want Recon, then by all means, go ahead. I'm fine with it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    True. Despite the unknown factor, I've already described the characters' abilities for the most part within the profile. Mostly just hollow creation (but not on a mass level) and remaining well-hidden. I had a bunch of hollows themed after Greek monsters that I didn't want to use separately.

I'd noticed a few other profiles which seemed to have some undisclosed secrets. Would it be more acceptable if I picked one or two people to disclose the spoilerific parts of Hades?

@AnimeKid: Btw, I added a few more details to the Combat Corps. You may want to check it out.
    I think so yes. I don't recall any other character save perhaps the Big Bad with unrevealed secrets but that's permissible. The sticking point with Hades is that he's got knowledge of Hollows and Shinigami Kido combined.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello everyone!

Due to the use of one for the previous two incarnation I have begun construction of a wiki for this game. It may be found right here, the password for joining the site is "banana" (no quote marks).

Feel free to edit in your characters, currently just getting all the writeups I can find we've done so far. Shout out to me whatever I've missed or add it yourself

I hope people think this is a good idea.

-----

Edit - In other news, looking for somone more wiki-savvy than I to help with site formatting and appearance.
    Last edited by Eiko; 2012-10-02 at 07:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Okay guys I think I found a fullbring ability I like. It <b class='translationId'>would</b> basically be a transformation sequence. What my guy transforms into?

Red Joker
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-10-02 at 08:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Make it a tie.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I've got two ideas for Recon Division Captain, then- first one is a Hakuda expert, with a Zanpaktou which mimics a cestus in form.

The second is a more Kido-y Captain, who takes major inspiration from Kitsune (in fact, she'd probably be a foxgirl- heck, I might do that for either idea, going with an 'animal agility' theme if I go martial artist). In her case, her Zanpaktou is... pretty much a less broken version of Kyoka Suigetsu (and by 'less broken' I mean 'she'd have to reapply it almost constantly to pull the **** Aizen did'). :P

Thoughts?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-10-02 at 08:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

My first thought is that this is an almost carbon copy of another players character from a previous BleachitP thread.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

<.<
    >.>

Which one? If you mean the martial arts expert with a cestus Shikai, I'm allowed. That's mine.

If you mean the foxgirl part, whoops. I forget which character that was, actually...
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-10-02 at 09:00 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Bugbear in the Playground

A baby blue tie with yellow fishes on it. () That should be the Fullbringing Object of Desires. He'll always be dressed up, of course, and everyone will ask him, "Hey, why you're always dressed up? Are you getting married?" (That happened today.)

Mahonri Violist: I'd personally think it cool if Nicole enlisted at the start of the game.
    Okay. I do too; it's pretty preferable.

That just leaves the question on how fast she should get her Zanpakuto to Shikkai. [I am reasoning this out aloud as we speak]
    From your description:
    All members of the House were stripped from their Zanpakuto, and they were exiled to the far reaches of Rukongai. Ever since, there have been just four Noble Houses.
    To me, this would mean that they no longer had the ability to use Zanpakuto, but their knowledge on the training necessary wasn't lost. Which implies that they would teach how to their children, who would teach to their children, and after a long game of telephone, only a corrupted form of that knowledge would be left by the time it reaches Suou Nicole.
    So, from what I understand, she obviously won't start out the game doing it, but she'll learn the name of her Zanpakuto more quickly than most newcomers.

...obviously, that will be role-played out.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

). In her case, her Zanpaktou is... pretty much a less broken version of Kyoka Suigetsu (and by 'less broken' I mean 'she'd have to reapply it almost constantly to pull the **** Aizen did'). :P

Thoughts?
    How about no? The thing would still be rather Hax. Illusion and Time Control powers are really just...to much for Free Form. I had contemplated giving Sawada a Time Control/Illusion but...thought better of it.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

*shrugs* Okay, I'll go for the Martial Artist version, then.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.