New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

I believe there was a fox-kin illusion based zanpukto female captain/vice captain in a previous one. The martial artist part would be new.

I would like to echo the sentiments agaisnt illusion powers, too difficult to do well in a freeform play-by-post. Illusion is a very binary ability in terms of usefulness.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, martial artist it is, then.

And doesn't specifically need to be a foxgirl, either. I'm more going for a 'agility of the animal in question' with this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Ah, martial artist it is, then.

And doesn't specifically need to be a foxgirl, either. I'm more going for a 'agility of the animal in question' with this.
    Monkey? Squirrel?

Those are pretty agile.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, at the moment I'm leaning towards catgirl.

Although those would work, yes.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Okay. I do too; it's pretty preferable.
    So is she enlisted in the Combat Corps already or just enlisting as in this is her first day?

If she enlists at the start of the game in the Combat Corps, that also means she gets to deal with the usual rough training for new recruits.

If it's the latter, Kiba could probably use a sane person in the division to kick him into actually attending meetings and the like.

Your call, interesting either way.

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Actually, at the moment I'm leaning towards catgirl.

Although those would work, yes.
    I should probably mention that Kiba has an instinctual, irrational hatred for cats.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2012-10-02 at 10:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    I should probably mention that Kiba has an instinctual, irrational hatred for cats.
    Catgirl it is, then.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #427

So is she enlisted in the Combat Corps already or just enlisting as in this is her first day?

If she enlists at the start of the game in the Combat Corps, that also means she gets to deal with the usual rough training for new recruits.

If it's the latter, Kiba could probably use a sane person in the division to kick him into actually attending meetings and the like.

Your call, interesting either way.
    I wrote her description assuming that a couple weeks had passed. Rather than completely revamping her description then immediately after making everything go back to normal, I'll just keep her description as-is with the side-note that it hasn't happened yet.

Since she won't be a Shinigami at the first post of the game, I guess that means she's not in the Combat Corps yet, which means she'll enlist at the start of the game, which means she'll get the rough training, which will be fun, and good for helping her learn humility and be a team player.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well; it took a while, but all the information currently in the character registry thread is currently on the wiki

Anything else you want included either point me at or add yourself, the password for joining is on my previous post.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Well, that was an unfortunate thing to happen when we're trying to start an RP.

Who's still alive?

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm here. No comments on Hades or other new characters yet. I'll try to get the Log&Med Captain written up soon.

@Mahonri Violinist: Remember that the bit of them being stripped of their Zanpakutos is Ancient History (Trademarked). Nicole could very well have one already, or she could be given a training blade (Asauchi) when the game starts.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #431
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm here too. I'm about to post mmy fullbringer character soon.

12. - Top - End - #432

I am here.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Here. Yeah, it was a bit annoying...

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Name: Haroda Tamaki
    Occupations:School genius and unaligned Fullbringer

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tamaki a bit unusual by other peoples standards. He is of Japanese descent yet he is a good solid 6'3 with blonde hair that has a sort of poofyness to it. He has crystal blue eyes and pale skin, though not to the point of looking sickly. These features of his often get him called a 'gaijin' (foreigner of alien) by those who do not like him. For being the schools resident genius he is oddly well muscled. He wears a pair of glasses and is always seen with a book in his hand, reading. His casual clothes consist of black shirt and jeans. Oddly enough, not matter what he is wearing he is never seen without his trademark long and blood red scar wrapped around his neck.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tamaki is usually a quiet person. He is respectful and will speak if he is spoken to. He speaks in refined tone of voice and often will attempt to correct people when they are wrong. He is slightly competitive and gets annoyed if he is rudely interrupted by other when talking or reading. He used to actually be a lot more reclusive before he moved in with his uncle because of his home life with his parents. His still frosty personality is the cause for most of his problems with other students. However he still wants to help other people often saying 'If we can't help others, how can we ever expect help for ourselves?'

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tamaki has been gradually defrosting over the years, however he used to be a lot worse. People around him actually used to think that he was emotionless.This was because his parents had an argument over something he couldn't understand when he was about 4. It only escalated from there as it continued for 10 more years. His father started drinking heavily and his mother was around less and less. They still loved their son but they couldn't stand each other and that was interfering with their care taking of him.

Eventually they filed for divorce, but it was clear that both had issues so instead he went into the custody of his uncle Keiichi. When he came to his new home his uncle had given him a coming home present. A blood red scarf. Tamaki accepted the gift but gave no outside recognition of it, though he had loved his present. However he did not know that it would be the key to unlocking the power that was the result of one spiritual encounter

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tamaki is extremely smart. However this is mostly because of his eidetic memory. This is part of the reason he was so cold. He could perfectly recall every argument, every nasty curse thrown, and every regretful word that had been said in anger. However he could not properly challenge himself mentally anymore instead he focused on improving himself physically by studying Karate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Personal Fullbring:Red Joker
    Description:Tamaki's memento takes the form of his red scarf he got as a homecoming present from his uncle. The actual Fullbring is armor at least on the surface. He only found out about this power about 9 months ago ago.(pic below)

Powers:The power of Red Joker is the power of imagination. As Joker's are wild they theoretically have no limit. However to be most efficient Tamaki created a sort of grid in his mind to represent his building space (Think gummi ship builder in the Kingdom Hearts series). While his power theoretically has no limits Tamaki very much does.

Each of his creations is permanent so he has to think carefully about what he makes. Also each creation has a sort of 'file size' Tamaki at this moment only has enough proficiency with the Red Joker to create three objects. As his fullbring upgrades itself he will have more 'memory blocks' with which to save his new creations. As of now he has the Red Joker armor, Plasma Vulcans, and Adjudicator. This also unfortunately means that Tamaki will never be able to use his powers to their full extent. Unless he were to some how transcend the limitations of his humanity he will only be able to use a portion of his power.

The Red Joker armor is focused more on mobility and accuracy over raw protection. Also it boasts substantial firepower, in the form of a predominantly plasma-like spiritually powered array of weapons.

First are the Plasma Vulcan's. These spiritually powered paired gatling guns are the Red Joker's primary method of attack. They are stored in the armors arms when not in use.When deployed, the protective sheaths retract, allowing the guns to 'pop up' for rapid fire. The firing mechanisms are stirrup-grips clenched in Tamaki's fists, preventing his hands from being used while the gatlings are deployed. They even have advanced heat sinks and coolant circulators, to better regulate waste heat buildup.

The only Melee weapon he has is the Adjudicator. A crimson kite shield bearing the Red Joker's emblem, the Adjudicator is both shield and sword at once - When the spirit energy beam emitters lining the edges of the shield are triggered, a powerful cutting field expands beyond the cover area, forming a double-ended cleaving blade. The Adjudicator is balanced to be swung with comparatively little effort, and conceals a Pile Bunker weapon - A retractable pneumatic spike - in the tip, to compensate for the lack of a proper stabbing point.

However, the energized blades draw power from the left-arm Plasma Vulcans, rendering them unusable while the cutting fields are active. The Pile Bunker also has an effective range of less than a meter, and is slow to retract - Effectively rendering it a close-range (but extremely lethal) last-ditch weapon.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-10-08 at 06:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I'm here. No comments on Hades or other new characters yet. I'll try to get the Log&Med Captain written up soon.

@Mahonri Violinist: Remember that the bit of them being stripped of their Zanpakutos is Ancient History (Trademarked). Nicole could very well have one already, or she could be given a training blade (Asauchi) when the game starts.
    I am here and may I perhaps suggest something? It wouldn't be much work to change the fluff to add a Healing Corp to the Shinigami Science as well as general Soul Society Clean Up what with their ability to make mod-souls and things of that nature. The Supply Chain aspect could easily be rolled into the Command Division, it even makes sense from a clerical point. Unless you're sold on making a Captain Frozen.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-06 at 09:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post

So what do you guys think?
    It seems... out of place for a fullbring. A tad powerful for what the history indicates is a starting fullbring.

I think people who want to play Fullbringers should give the following a read-through.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleach Wiki
    Overview

Like all spiritually aware Humans, Fullbringers can sense the Reiryoku of other spiritual beings, such as Hollows, Shinigami, and other Fullbringers.[1][2] However, they differ in that they each have a parent who survived a Hollow attack before they were born. As a result, traces of the Hollows’ power remained in their mothers’ bodies, which were then passed onto them at the moment of their birth. Consequentially, their powers more closely resemble a Hollow’s than those of a Shinigami.[3]

Their ability, called Fullbring (完現術 (フルブリング), Furuburingu; lit. "Full Manifestation Art"), enables them to manipulate the souls contained within matter. Everything, even rudimentary objects such as lampposts and chairs possess a soul, however small. By using their power to “pull” on this soul, Fullbringers can manipulate the object’s movement or even alter its physical characteristics. For example, Fullbringers could have a beverage assist them in drinking it by pulling on its soul, drawing it into their mouth. Likewise, by pulling on the soul of water, Fullbringers can walk across its surface without falling through.[4][5] Many more feats are possible, making the technique highly versatile. Unlike other spiritual beings, Fullbringers use their power with their physical bodies. Because of this, they must train extensively to build up their stamina so they can use it properly.[6]

While all Fullbringers are born with this power, the age at which they come realize it varies. When Fullbringers die, all traces of their abilities disappear.[7]
    Fullbring Applications
    Fullbring-Induced High-Speed Movement

High-Speed Movement: Fullbringers can induce states of high-speed movement through Fullbring. Such movements are accompanied by the flickering of a green luminescence called Bringer Light (完現光 (ブリンガーライト), Kangen Hikari (Buringā Raito); lit. "Full Manifestation Light"), which is the preliminary for each high-speed movement. This speed is achieved through a variety of different uses of Fullbring. By pulling on the soul of the ground beneath their feet, Fullbringers can increase its elasticity, greatly enhancing their jumping ability as a result. In addition, by Fullbringing the air around them, they can accelerate their movements. Doing so can consequentially strengthen the force of their blows.[8] The ability to use this technique signifies that one is beginning to master Fullbring.[9][10]

Object Affinity: By developing an affinity for a particular object, a Fullbringer can alter its form, granting powers that vary greatly among individuals.[11] This affinity can be defined by one’s love for the object in question, or simply by an overall fondness for it.[12][13] As such, this power is usually awakened through a strong emotion associated with the object, such as pride.[14] Using this affinity, Fullbringers pull out the object’s soul and boost it with their own, transforming it in the process. For example, Kūgo Ginjō can change the saltire pendant on his necklace into a large claymore.[15] While Fullbringers typically have an affinity with one such object, it is possible to have many.[16] While all Fullbrings are unique, they can be defined by different types. For example, Fullbrings that shroud their users with their power are called Clad-Type (装衣型 (クラッドタイプ), Kuraddotaipu; lit. "Raiment-Type") Fullbrings.[17]

Once a Fullbringer has fully realized this power, its abilities cannot and do not change through growth. However, Fullbringers must progress to a certain level before they can use their unique abilities to their fullest.[18] As such, a Fullbring’s various developmental stages can look radically different from its final form, and can thus be considered “incomplete.”[19] When the Fullbring’s potential is fully realized and it progresses to its final form, it releases a violent burst of energy that can potentially damage its user’s body. Because of this, another Fullbringer is typically required to oversee the process, and to prevent the recently completed Fullbring from injuring its user by suppressing the explosion.[20] In addition, a Fullbring’s growth can be promoted by exposure to the atmosphere of Hueco Mundo, as a result of its Hollow nature.[21]

A Fullbring’s unique power largely depends on the object that is used as a focus. In addition to souls, material objects also possess memories. As its holder experiences various events, the object experiences them as well; the memories are engraved onto its soul each time it is touched. Because of this, Fullbringers who had a considerable amount of battle experience prior to awakening their power have stronger Fullbrings.[22]

Power Transference: Fullbring is a product of Hollow power, meaning that it is essentially the opposite of its Human wielders. Because of this, it is possible for Fullbringers to transfer their abilities to individuals whom possess the powers of both Shinigami and Humans – namely Substitute Shinigami. By doing so, Fullbringers can rid themselves of their power, effectively becoming ordinary Humans.[23] In addition to Substitute Shinigami, Fullbringers can trade and share their abilities amongst themselves. When doing so, they can establish certain boundaries as to how their powers can affect one another, posing voluntary limitations.[24][25] Finally, it is also possible for a Fullbringer to steal the Fullbring of another individual, allowing it to be used to one’s own benefit

17. - Top - End - #437
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm not sure how it seems out of place. One of the Fullbringers had a PSP that he could download people into and control just about everything inside. They used to cause temporal displacement to train ichigo at super speeds. Also I put it in his history that he had it for about 9 months.

18. - Top - End - #438

Not dead yet!

Also, starting to get an idea for a possible Espada-level character. Might not be ready till after we start. Maybe.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm not sure how it seems out of place. One of the Fullbringers had a PSP that he could download people into and control just about everything inside. They used to cause temporal displacement to train ichigo at super speeds. Also I put it in his history that he had it for about 9 months.
    Right, but until he got the power upgrade he was still limited to the world inside the virtual reality.

Your starting ability is twin gatling guns, twin missile launchers, a shotgun, an energy blade, and a full body armor in a setting where most characters fight with swords or martial arts.

I also don't get how all this is produced from a tie. The canon characters' powers were at least related to the object in question.

Also, I'm fairly certain that certain canon Fullbring powers, like the PSP and the pocketwatch, probably wouldn't be allowed in the RP due to being broken.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, but until he got the power upgrade he was still limited to the world inside the virtual reality.

Your starting ability is twin gatling guns, twin missile launchers, a shotgun, an energy blade, and a full body armor in a setting where most characters fight with swords or martial arts.

I also don't get how all this is produced from a tie. The canon characters' powers were at least related to the object in question.

Also, I'm fairly certain that certain canon Fullbring powers, like the PSP and the pocketwatch, probably wouldn't be allowed in the RP due to being broken.
    The only three Fullbrings that were really...directly related to their items were the two we'd probably have to shoot down and Dirty Boots. Even then, the only link Time Tells No Lies was that it had a time limit. The rest however?

A bookmark that turned into a sword that allowed the user to cut himself into other peoples memories is at best tangentially connected to an actual bookmark in that it slides between pages. But the thing with a bookmark is that it never effects the story. It just keeps your place in it. Book of the End does exactly the opposite of that.t

Cross of the Scaffold was a pendant that turned into a massive sword that shot energy beams out of itself. The only thing linking those is a cross and the shape of a sword can, depending on the sword, are similar. That's really it.

Jackpot Knuckle was a brass knuckle that let him take advantage of probability. I don't equate Brass Knuckles with gambling. Just violence. I guess you could make a link between gambling and organized crime and brass knuckles being a common in crime except they're not. They're were mostly used by soldiers. So Jackpot Knuckle...is also really just tenious.

Three of them aren't even items. They're emotions.

Chad's powers are linked to his -PRIDE- and...made his arms into armored cero shooters along with several other abilities. To be fair though, Chad's powers being a Fullbring just seems shoe horned in to give him some manner of importance that, in classic style for the character, was thrown away for more interesting characters.

Doll House is based on love. Her Fullbring isn't the Dollhouse she puts Ichigo into. She can just shrink people and put them away into containers, the Dollhouse just being what she picked. Her Advanced Fullbring is even weirder with Soul Transference. How either of those powers link up to Love or...Doll Houses is something I don't get.

Ichigo's is also based on Pride though...it's focus was the Shinigami Substitute Badge. His Fullbring does even more than what Animekid is offering up really as well. Energy blasts, armor, enhanced speed, swords, throwing weapons.

A scarf making armor makes sense to me. I mean, a scarf is used to protect people from the elements after all. I could even understand a tie because after all..."The clothes make the man".

Though I will agree with you Bob that the number of weapons it grants should be toned down.

The only Melee weapon he has is the Adjudicator. A crimson kite shield bearing the Red Joker's emblem, the Adjudicator is both shield and sword at once - When the spirit energy beam emitters lining the edges of the shield are triggered, a powerful cutting field expands beyond the cover area, forming a double-ended cleaving blade. The Adjudicator is balanced to be swung with comparatively little effort, and conceals a Pile Bunker weapon - A retractable pneumatic spike - in the tip, to compensate for the lack of a proper stabbing point.
    I like this, and really...the rest of the weapons don't feel tied to the concept. The above however does. I could certainly understand as he upgrades his powers he could get other weapons however.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-06 at 10:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Good idea. Her already having one really simplifies things for me. (I need simplified. My current schedule won't allow me more than that.)

So, at game start, Suou (I'll expect her to go more by her family name than her given name - a matter of familial pride) will have minimal Elemental Magic abilities but no Kido abilities, a Zanpakuto, and without yet being a Shinigami member. However, her first post will be her walking up to the outside gates asking to join.

My second character: Tsukamoto Miya is a Fullbringer. I won't have her start out aware of these powers, but, like Chad, she'll unlock them as she goes. Starting out going to school, soon to be attacked by a partially hollowfied mother. Probably after school, after Martial Arts training, on the way back home.
    Her Fullbringer Focus will be a pendant that belonged to her mother. Possibly gained once the first battle with a hollow is over.

Then, Valentina the Arrancar. I totally need to decide how she'll start. Maybe she could be loyal to whoever is the leaders of the Hollows. (Whose character's the leader?)
    Her special Resurrección powers are "Crushing Jaw" and "Spirit-energy Suppressing Paintbrush". This could be used to punish traitorous Hollows, go on stealth missions, and take care of prisoners of war (if any), and help keep other Arrancares in line.

I think that the Human World is fleshed-out enough to start, so is the Shinigami Society, but (unless I'm mistaken), we players with Hollows need to get together and finish up the organization, before Game Start can happen. (That's the only thing I can see that's missing.)

Edit: Oh, and Elemental Magic: How should it work? In the Manga, the Earth-bending magic is used by moving the hand (or foot) in a certain pattern. Should there be different patterns for each possible spell or just four different patterns (one for Earth, one for Fire, one for Water, and one for Air)?
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-10-06 at 11:14 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    : Oh, and Elemental Magic: How should it work? In the Manga, the Earth-bending magic is used by moving the hand (or foot) in a certain pattern. Should there be different patterns for each possible spell or just four different patterns (one for Earth, one for Fire, one for Water, and one for Air)?
    I'd say a separate hand motion honestly.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I meant to mostly make him a ranged fighter that was capable of fighting close range. After all the Red Joker armor is more meant for mobility and accuracy over raw protection. However I will loose the other weapons if I can keep the Plasma Vulcans and Adjudicator.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

I meant to mostly make him a ranged fighter that was capable of fighting close range. After all the Red Joker armor is more meant for mobility and accuracy over raw protection. However I will loose the other weapons if I can keep the Plasma Vulcans and Adjudicator.
    Could you just as easily place the Plasma Vulcans inside the shield as well? I can't help but feel a Gundam feel with the name and it just summons memories of Gouf's with shields that did similar.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-06 at 11:35 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well the thing is that the energy that is making the blade of the Adjudicator is what is used to fire the energy shots of the Plasma Vulcan. He still has his other arm though. So I guess I could.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

It was just an idea to keep the idea tied to the shield and such.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm still here. Also, I have a question; Who's leading the Arrancar, aka who is my Arrancar loyal to? Also, what division should my Shinigami be in? I'm not sure where he fits.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

28. - Top - End - #448

Ugh.... Just woke up, let's check the -

No. Fullbring busts out a single item, not fifteen. You can have the body armor, one gun, or one pile bunker, not all of them at once.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Why? No where on the Fullbring page does it say that. Plus the weapons are part of the armor. Besides I took out the rockets and Plasma Castor. That would be like limiting a Shinigami to just using kido, zanjutsu or hakuda.

Heck even Quincy's use multiple items.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-10-07 at 01:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

Alternatively, it was mentioned a Fullbringer can have multiple Objects of Desire. If you want to have dozen cool items, have as many to Fullbring.

Alternatively alternatively, change your main Fullbring ability into something dealing with item creation. Ichigo's Fullbring made him back into a Shinigami, (pretty much) so ability like "makes me the hero of my childhood" would be apropriate.

As a note, typing this all with a phone sucks. I'm done moving to an apartment of my own, and thus no longer have a computer readily available. Don't worry, I'm still in the game, my post rate may just get a bit sporadic.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."