New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    I am here and may I perhaps suggest something? It wouldn't be much work to change the fluff to add a Healing Corp to the Shinigami Science as well as general Soul Society Clean Up what with their ability to make mod-souls and things of that nature. The Supply Chain aspect could easily be rolled into the Command Division, it even makes sense from a clerical point. Unless you're sold on making a Captain Frozen.
    Going to repost this suggestion.

Alternatively alternatively, change your main Fullbring ability into something dealing with item creation. Ichigo's Fullbring made him back into a Shinigami, (pretty much) so ability like "makes me the hero of my childhood" would be appropriate.
    I also suggest this. Considering Ichigo had multiple "items" as well, I think he's the best baseline.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Then, Valentina the Arrancar. I totally need to decide how she'll start. Maybe she could be loyal to whoever is the leaders of the Hollows. (Whose character's the leader?)
    Her special Resurrección powers are "Crushing Jaw" and "Spirit-energy Suppressing Paintbrush". This could be used to punish traitorous Hollows, go on stealth missions, and take care of prisoners of war (if any), and help keep other Arrancares in line.

I think that the Human World is fleshed-out enough to start, so is the Shinigami Society, but (unless I'm mistaken), we players with Hollows need to get together and finish up the organization, before Game Start can happen. (That's the only thing I can see that's missing.)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    I'm still here. Also, I have a question; Who's leading the Arrancar, aka who is my Arrancar loyal to? Also, what division should my Shinigami be in? I'm not sure where he fits.
    That would be Eiko's character, Dainichi Nyoria.

We have a wiki now for just that sort of thing.

@AnimeKid: Personally, how I would do it, is make the tie Fullbring cover an arm, and then the the armor itself can shapeshift into the gatling gun or the sword or the shield.

Then in the future, if the Fullbringers get a substantial power upgrade (given Frozen Feet's character this seems a high possibility) he gets something closer to the pitched concept.

I am here and may I perhaps suggest something? It wouldn't be much work to change the fluff to add a Healing Corp to the Shinigami Science as well as general Soul Society Clean Up what with their ability to make mod-souls and things of that nature. The Supply Chain aspect could easily be rolled into the Command Division, it even makes sense from a clerical point. Unless you're sold on making a Captain Frozen.
    I'm personally against this. The medical division comprises a very different role and has enough of a need to be its own division.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post

I'm personally against this. The medical division comprises a very different role and has enough of a need to be its own division.
    The question is does it though? The question is more...can't we change it? We've already dissected the Gotei 13 for purely immaterial reasons. Do we need a separate Medical Division when we've combined Divisions to a point that we could scrap the 4th Division completely as well?

The SSI already has combat Kido users, why not just roll the Healing units into the Division when most of the healing we've seen in canon is actually Kido itself. Not to mention the SSI also has the technology at this disposal, more so than any other Division. They're the best suited for the task of being medics. It wouldn't change much at all to roll it into the write up as is.

As for the rest, traditionally Command is in charge of Logistics and in my honest opinion it should have been rolled up with it to start with. It's where the brains of the operation are. It just makes sense to combine them. They've got the best view and the knowledge of what needs to go where. They're also in charge of what goes were, or at the very least should be. It shouldn't be left up to a Division that's not in the know about what's going on on the field as often as possible.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-07 at 05:39 PM.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey Terry, threw you a PM about my contribution to the starting post.

Also, to anyone and everyone the password to the previously linked wiki is banana, please feel free to update any or all if it with appropriate information.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The question is does it though? The question is more...can't we change it? We've already dissected the Gotei 13 for purely immaterial reasons. Do we need a separate Medical Division when we've combined Divisions to a point that we could scrap the 4th Division completely as well?

The SSI already has combat Kido users, why not just roll the Healing units into the Division when most of the healing we've seen in canon is actually Kido itself. Not to mention the SSI also has the technology at this disposal, more so than any other Division. They're the best suited for the task of being medics. It wouldn't change much at all to roll it into the write up as is.

As for the rest, traditionally Command is in charge of Logistics and in my honest opinion it should have been rolled up with it to start with. It's where the brains of the operation are. It just makes sense to combine them. They've got the best view and the knowledge of what needs to go where. They're also in charge of what goes were, or at the very least should be. It shouldn't be left up to a Division that's not in the know about what's going on on the field as often as possible.
    I think we've trimmed enough fat as is. Of course there's some overlap between the Divisions as there's always been. We could have also condensed the entire Gotei 13 into one Division, but we didn't. IMO, we've already removed more than enough Divisions as is.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [BITP:R2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

I'm thinking of joining with one of these two characters depending on the RP's needs

Hanare Snooze
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5'10
    Weight: 190 lbs
    Side: Seireitei.

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

Hanare is a slim man. He has green eyes and wavy, dark greenish brown hair that ends at the top of his neck. He keeps it unkempt and loose. He also has a faded beard and goatee.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hanare is a lazy and unenthusiastic character who apparently spends much of his time daydreaming. Not much affect him but hearing his name spoken aloud multiple time, due to is hatred of it's girlishness. Although lax, Hanare has no problem fighting or giving orders.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hanare is skilled with all areas of combat and healing. The most notable attribute he has is his precision and hand speed.

Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Kissaki

Release Command: "Mark, Kissaki!"

Appearance: An average sized katana, with a dark green hilt.

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: The b;ade thins. It grows upward, curves back, then curves again up to a point. Another smaller blade curves down from the hilt. A third blade juts out the katana's crossbar. The final shape resembles a yumi longbow with a ready arrow.

Abilities: Hanare can wield it like a normal katana but on command he can fire the "arrow tip" at his target. Although painful, the true power of Kissaki is that someone who is hit by the tip cannot evade Hanre until they are stuck by him. Hanare will always know the marked targets location and all kido done by Hanre will seek the target until deflected or it hits.

Lyco Spidaez
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5'
    Weight: 100lbs
    Reiatsu: A light blue
    Affilition: Las Noches

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lyco looks like a short female hollow with purple hair. Lyco is small but her constant toothy frown is imposing and frightening. The remains of his hollow mask is a strange shape that resembles a pair of goggles. It has eight holes, four small holes on the bottom, two large one above those, and two at the top of her head. Her hole is in her abdomen, covered by her long dress.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lyco loves to fight. Fighting is her food and sustenance for being. To her, where two warrior met, they must merge and become one though combat. Whoever promised her battle has her weak loyalty.

Though she loves combat, she prefers duels. She hates helping others and others helping her. So she is a terrible team fighter.

Ability:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lyco's sonido and hierro are her main tool as she viciously attacks enemies up close. Despite looking like a teenage girl, her assaults are as terrible as her ugly frown.

Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Araña Licosa

Release Command: "Hunt, Araña Licosa!"

Appearance: Araña Licosa looks like a large club. The back side of it is bladed however.

Resurreccion:
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: Lyco becomes a centaur-like creature. She appears as humaniod from the waist up, with his lower portions replaced by the abdomen and legs an immense spider. A series of bump sit on her abdomen like an egg sac. Lyco also gains 4 pairs of eyes as her hair recedes back. She grow grows fangs.

Abilities: Lyco's Sonido and Heirro increase, making her a very tough and fast fighter. More importantly, she has a poisonous bite or spit that slows and softens the victim as it liquifies their innards. Eventually, a poisoned victim will be soft enough that her club zanpakuto will break or club bones with a slight touch.

Segunda Etapa:Not reached
    Spoiler
    Show

Appearance:

Abilities:

Last edited by Orzel; 2012-10-10 at 05:08 AM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Updated the wiki to include my Mortal, and I'll add in my Shinigami once the Internal Security page is up. Does anyone have a problem with my Arrancar being Fraccion to the Primera?

Also, I like the way the Divisions are set up currently. I feel like if we try to condense it much further we'll end up with divisions with too many responsibilities, and that'll get really confusing really quickly.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Updated the wiki to include my Mortal, and I'll add in my Shinigami once the Internal Security page is up. Does anyone have a problem with my Arrancar being Fraccion to the Primera?

Also, I like the way the Divisions are set up currently. I feel like if we try to condense it much further we'll end up with divisions with too many responsibilities, and that'll get really confusing really quickly.
    Technically we don't have a Primera Espada yet, or any Espada, just the Hollow King.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Abilities: Hanare can wield it like a normal katana but on command he can fire the "arrow tip" at his target. Although painful, the true power of Kissaki is that someone who is hit by the tip cannot evade Hanre until they are stuck by him. Hanare will always know the marked targets location and all kido done by Hanre will seek the target until deflect or hits.

On the one hand, this ability doesn't look overpowered but the lack of any real in-depth spellings out of what counts as a "strike". Could he, in effect, just keep spamming the "Arrow" attack over and over until the opponent dies? They'd never be able to dodge. Does blocking an attack count against this?

On the other hand, the Absolutism in the writing that makes me leery honestly. "Cannot Evade" is...just to muddled, because there's just so many ways to abuse it. Any power in Free Form that takes away the ability for opponents to choose is generally a bad sort and this does that in spades. They can't hide and they can't dodge or evade an attack unless it's...kido? Why use Kido when you can more or less get a sure kill with your sword?

The lack of clarity I think is what is making me think this is more overpowered than it was intended to be. Unless it's written expressly as it was intended, and then it actually is overpowered. Because then it's a "Save or Suck" ability which is no fun for either party. Because either you're always losing or you're always winning. Neither is a good place to be in.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-07 at 11:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

Technically we don't have a Primera Espada yet, or any Espada, just the Hollow King.
    ...huh. Well, should he be an Espada then?

Also, I have to agree with Tebryn. Orzel, I think your characters could be really cool, if they were a bit more fleshed out. Also, certainty in abilities in general should be avoided. That's really the only problem I see. Otherwise, pretty awesome design.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

On the one hand, this ability doesn't look overpowered but the lack of any real in-depth spellings out of what counts as a "strike". Could he, in effect, just keep spamming the "Arrow" attack over and over until the opponent dies? They'd never be able to dodge. Does blocking an attack count against this?

On the other hand, the Absolutism in the writing that makes me leery honestly. "Cannot Evade" is...just to muddled, because there's just so many ways to abuse it. Any power in Free Form that takes away the ability for opponents to choose is generally a bad sort and this does that in spades. They can't hide and they can't dodge or evade an attack unless it's...kido? Why use Kido when you can more or less get a sure kill with your sword?

The lack of clarity I think is what is making me think this is more overpowered than it was intended to be. Unless it's written expressly as it was intended, and then it actually is overpowered. Because then it's a "Save or Suck" ability which is no fun for either party. Because either you're always losing or you're always winning. Neither is a good place to be in.
    The homing is limited to ranged attacks fired through the sword: the arrow tip and kido. And those attacks could be deflected by a sword, hit something else, collide with an object, blocked by a shield.

All it really does is prevent wide misses. A Byakurai would curve back toward the target provided it does not hit a tree, pillar, building or the ground. Sucks in a forest but makes fliers into sitting ducks.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

12. - Top - End - #462
    Dwarf in the Playground

My Espada are not necessarily recruited for their power, but for the loyalty, vision, use to the city, or power.

Any of these traits could get you the position if you feel you would like to have it.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Posting mostly a summary of my current characters, their completion statuses, and some starting info notes:

MORTALS
    Hakuto Kenzan: Done, posted. Ready to start and will probably be attracted to the first hollow attack. Plot hook easy. I've also thought of a potential Bankai which would never be used but the potential of its existence could be a plot point later.
    Sazaki Miko: Done, posted. Only exists as a tool for Cutie Pie.
    Takahashi Tanaka: Done, no comments yet so I can probably post him. Background character, mostly a foil for student characters.
    Hades: Not posted. Based in mortal world. Spoilerific info has been sent to Frozen Feet, waiting on feedback. Probably will be a background character in the beginning and maybe the source of some hollows if necessary, but as long as we've got plot otherwise going I don't plan on using him until he's needed.

SHINIGAMI
    Kiba: Basically done, posted. I might need to add some more stuff to history to reflect other characters in Soul Society whom he might know. Won't have any trouble with plot hooks with him.

HOLLOWS
    Victor Vicente: Done, posted. Starting plot already planned out with Frozen Feet.
    Cutie Pie: Done. Will be based in mortal world. Leaving possibilities open for development/death.

Potential Character Concepts in mind: I could very easily come up with unseated (or even seated) shinigami officers to help put some ranks in the Divisions. I'm used to playing quite a few characters at once, though I'm trying to avoid making any more characters unless they're needed. I'm also avoiding making any Captain or Vice-Captain levels for obvious power-level related reasons.

I could try again to make an Espada-level arrancar or even someone's Fraccion if they're needed.

I had an idea in mind for a fullbringer, but I won't try to make him unless there's a Fullbring-only faction within the mortal world.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Tebryn: a good offer, but I got a Vision and must heed it. ;) I'll post my work tomorrow.

And while I appreciate our new wiki, I still want people to post all their characters in our registry too. Eiko, Kasanip, Zarah and others, please do so. terry, when you see this please edit links to the 1st post.

Bob: we can make Him work as a fullbringer, with It being a family heirloom. I'll send details to you later.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Tebryn: a good offer, but I got a Vision and must heed it. ;) I'll post my work tomorrow.
    No problem, was just trying to help keep things moving. I understand the drive however. I am still struggling with wanting to redo Sawada's zanpakuto for the fourth time now that his character has shifted from what I intended with play.

Edit: Tweaked Sawada's shikai and Bankai. Sticking with the molten saw blade and lava theme however.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shikai: Erupt, Cut and Divide! Kagutsuchi!- Upon uttering the command, Sawada takes up a stance with crossed blades as heat shimmers swirl about him. The blades glow red as they melt, the handles falling to the ground before fading into red motes of reiryoku. The motes form in Sawada’s hand into a large gunbai fan made of black and red steel. Sawada can send waves of super heated air at foes, scalding them and knocking them about as well as deflect physical projectiles in the air. Whilst in Shikai, Sawada’s reiatsu grows hot to the point of burning flammable objects with barely any contact. Sawada can also summon a massive saw blade of molten fire, throwing it about and using it to block attacks as well as launch flaming hunks of melted rock at enemies.

Cut into Eight: The saw blade can be shattered into eight pieces, moving on the direction of Sawada. However in this form, the blades cool rapidly and break when used to attack or defend harmlessly. Once used in this fashion, it takes time for a new main blade to form.

Bankai: Hinokagutsuchi- The true name and form of Kagutsuchi, Sawada thrusts his gunbai fan into the ground, lava erupting about him in a powerful spray that obscured him from view for a brief instance. The molten fire swirls about him, clinging to the floor that swirls about Sawada’s feet almost as if it were the dust cloud at the base of a tornado made of molten fire and chunks of blackened rock. Sawada can direct this molten “dust cloud”, throwing off waves of liquid fire as well as being able to form more molten saw blades. Sawada’s spiritual pressure grows hotter, even causing burns to those who go near though he can control this heat to an extent.

Great Fire Purge: With a wave of his massive fan, Sawada can launch a massive firestorm in front of himself, scouring anything in it’s path with intense heat, fire and ash.

Blade of the Furious Earth: Sawada can draw a blade of molten fire and rock from the lava cloud around himself, condensing the cloud and his reiatsu into a single cutting edge. This blade is said to be able to slice through anything with it’s intense heat. Doing so however immediately ends his bankai as it concentrates all the destructive energy into a single swing.

Eruption: Sawada can send his lava cloud into the ground, forcing it up underneath opponents

Molten Pillar: Much like Eruption, Sawada can cause massive pillars of glowing rock to burst from the ground with a single stomp of his feet in a wave about himself.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-08 at 06:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alternatively, it was mentioned a Fullbringer can have multiple Objects of Desire. If you want to have dozen cool items, have as many to Fullbring.

Alternatively alternatively, change your main Fullbring ability into something dealing with item creation. Ichigo's Fullbring made him back into a Shinigami, (pretty much) so ability like "makes me the hero of my childhood" would be apropriate.

As a note, typing this all with a phone sucks. I'm done moving to an apartment of my own, and thus no longer have a computer readily available. Don't worry, I'm still in the game, my post rate may just get a bit sporadic.
    Name: Haroda Tamaki
    Occupations:School genius and unaligned Fullbringer

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tamaki a bit unusual by other peoples standards. He is of Japanese descent yet he is a good solid 6'3 with blonde hair that has a sort of poofyness to it. He has crystal blue eyes and pale skin, though not to the point of looking sickly. These features of his often get him called a 'gaijin' (foreigner of alien) by those who do not like him. For being the schools resident genius he is oddly well muscled. He wears a pair of glasses and is always seen with a book in his hand, reading. His casual clothes consist of black shirt and jeans. Oddly enough, not matter what he is wearing he is never seen without his trademark long and blood red scar wrapped around his neck.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tamaki is usually a quiet person. He is respectful and will speak if he is spoken to. He speaks in refined tone of voice and often will attempt to correct people when they are wrong. He is slightly competitive and gets annoyed if he is rudely interrupted by other when talking or reading. He used to actually be a lot more reclusive before he moved in with his uncle because of his home life with his parents. His still frosty personality is the cause for most of his problems with other students. However he still wants to help other people often saying 'If we can't help others, how can we ever expect help for ourselves?'

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tamaki has been gradually defrosting over the years, however he used to be a lot worse. People around him actually used to think that he was emotionless.This was because his parents had an argument over something he couldn't understand when he was about 4. It only escalated from there as it continued for 10 more years. His father started drinking heavily and his mother was around less and less. They still loved their son but they couldn't stand each other and that was interfering with their care taking of him.

Eventually they filed for divorce, but it was clear that both had issues so instead he went into the custody of his uncle Keiichi. When he came to his new home his uncle had given him a coming home present. A blood red scarf. Tamaki accepted the gift but gave no outside recognition of it, though he had loved his present. However he did not know that it would be the key to unlocking the power that was the result of one spiritual encounter

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tamaki is extremely smart. However this is mostly because of his eidetic memory. This is part of the reason he was so cold. He could perfectly recall every argument, every nasty curse thrown, and every regretful word that had been said in anger. However he could not properly challenge himself mentally anymore instead he focused on improving himself physically by studying Karate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Personal Fullbring:Red Joker
    Description:Tamaki's memento takes the form of his red scarf he got as a homecoming present from his uncle. The actual Fullbring is armor at least on the surface. He only found out about this power about 9 months ago ago.(pic below)

Powers:The power of Red Joker is the power of imagination and the realization of it. As Joker's are wild they theoretically have no limit. However to be most efficient Tamaki created a sort of grid in his mind to represent his building space (Think gummi ship builder in the Kingdom Hearts series). While his power theoretically has no limits Tamaki very much does.

Each of his creations is permanent so he has to think carefully about what he makes. Also each creation has a sort of 'file size' Tamaki at this moment only has enough proficiency with the Red Joker to create three objects. As his fullbring upgrades itself he will have more 'memory blocks' with which to save his new creations. As of now he has the Red Joker armor, Plasma Vulcans, and Adjudicator. The inspiration for these creations were the superheros that he watched on tv that he desperately wanted to be. This also unfortunately means that Tamaki will never be able to use his powers to their full extent. Unless he were to some how transcend the limitations of his humanity he will only be able to use a portion of his power.

The Red Joker armor is focused more on mobility and accuracy over raw protection. Also it boasts substantial firepower, in the form of a predominantly plasma-like spiritually powered array of weapons.

First are the Plasma Vulcan's. These spiritually powered paired gatling guns are the Red Joker's primary method of attack. They are stored in the armors arms when not in use.When deployed, the protective sheaths retract, allowing the guns to 'pop up' for rapid fire. The firing mechanisms are stirrup-grips clenched in Tamaki's fists, preventing his hands from being used while the gatlings are deployed. They even have advanced heat sinks and coolant circulators, to better regulate waste heat buildup.

The only Melee weapon he has is the Adjudicator. A crimson kite shield bearing the Red Joker's emblem, the Adjudicator is both shield and sword at once - When the spirit energy beam emitters lining the edges of the shield are triggered, a powerful cutting field expands beyond the cover area, forming a double-ended cleaving blade. The Adjudicator is balanced to be swung with comparatively little effort, and conceals a Pile Bunker weapon - A retractable pneumatic spike - in the tip, to compensate for the lack of a proper stabbing point.

However, the energized blades draw power from the left-arm Plasma Vulcans, rendering them unusable while the cutting fields are active. The Pile Bunker also has an effective range of less than a meter, and is slow to retract - Effectively rendering it a close-range (but extremely lethal) last-ditch weapon.

Spoiler
    Show

Like this? This was what came to mind when you told me that Frozen. The bolded parts are important to keep in mind. If you think I could word it or write something better please tell me. I really want this version of the character to work.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Bugbear in the Playground

'Kay, I'll edit up my stuff into the Wiki.

I'll also make Valentina an Espada. Maybe La Cuarta Espada (Man, I'm so used to spelling "Cuarta" with a Q...), just for fun.

As I on the long and dreary drive home last night, I also had an idea for another human character. Most likely a Quincy, though. I want him to follow a "Prince Charming" motif. In fact, his over-inflated ego will call himself Charming. However, his real name is Housuke (or something like that).

He won't be a student.

He'll be very idealistic about having the Mortal Realm ruled solely by mortals - that all spirits should stay out. Or, in other words, he thinks that only Quincies, Fullbringers, Substitute Shinigami and other mortals should be in the Mortal Realm, and the dead should stay where they belong, be them Hollow or Shinigami.

Here's the catch, though. To stick with the Prince Charming motif, he needs to be able to use bow, shield, and sword (Even if only rarely). The thing is, I remember What's-his-face Ichigo's Quincy Friend saying there's only one Quincy sword. I sadly don't remember the name of it so I can look it up on the BleachWiki. Does anyone know the name of this Quincy Sword?

I like Haroda Tamaki's abilities still. It looks pretty fun!

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Does anyone know the name of this Quincy Sword?
    Seele Schneider. Though really, all a Quincy's bow is is reishi along with their reiryoku given shape. Quincy Weapons=kido=cero on the most basic of levels, it's just how they use it and such. Quincy augment their low Spirit Energy with Spirit Energy from around them in the natural world.

He very well could make a sword from his Quincy Bangle. Or a gun or...really anything for that matter, I think a gun and a sword have even been done in the latest story arc but honestly...I'm not really following it, I just want to see the other Captain's bankai and be done with the series.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-08 at 08:01 PM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, everyone. I re-formatted my Mortal for this new scenario, and I added a shikai. How does it look?

Iwamori Higure
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 145
    Side: Unaligned

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is an artist's rendition of Higure, with his zanpakuto's spirit, Untaidake, behind him. Drawn by my friend Sarah.
    Higure is a tall, thin man with almost gaunt features. His square, silver-rimmed glasses obscure his dark green eyes, causing his pupil and iris to almost blend in with each other. His dark hair is almost shoulder length, and pulled away from his face. At a glance, he appears to be frowning, but almost never is.
    In the way of clothing, Higure always wears his aforementioned glasses, dark pants or slacks, nice shoes, a short sleeved dress shirt of some pleasing pattern using purple, and a dark colored vest. Over this he has a long, off-white coat, not quite a trenchcoat. Untaidake sits under his left arm, upside down. The sword hangs loosely, easy to draw with his right hand.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Higure is a calm man, easy to imagine in a lab coat finding a cure for cancer or inventing the newest chemical weapon. A physics major with a taste for DnD, he's not one to doubt any sort of outlandish explanation or request from those he trusts. He's joking around his friends, and always good for a conversation. He likes swords and knifes, and owns several of each. Of course he's always carrying one. Higure also likes computers and reading.

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Higure was born in Japan, but grew up in Minnesota, USA. His family was rather strict, as well as rich, so Higure got the best education possible, getting his masters in physics at 20. The same year, Higure’s grandfather, who was still in Japan, died. Higure went to his funeral, and was given a sword, along with a note. The note said that the sword was called Untaidake, and was passed down from his grandfather before him. The beautifully crafted wakizashi was very sharp for looking so ceremonial. Higure ultimately decided to stay in Japan to try to find work, and ended up landing a job teaching at a local high school.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Higure is a master of hand to hand combat, as well as being good at zanjutsu. In addition, while holding Undaidake, Higure is able to move very fast. While Higure can perform Shikai, it is difficult for him to maintain.

Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Untaidake

Appearance: Picture 1 Picture 2 Picture 3 Picture 4
    20" all together, 14" blade
    Untaidake takes the spiritual form of a green Coatl* with yellow eyes.

Shikai:
    Release Command: "Defy, Untaidake!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance: The appearance of the wakizashi does not change, but it’s features blur, as it vibrates at high speeds.

Abilities: The vibrations coming from Untaidake come with two abilities. First, the vibrations help negate force, allowing Higure to block much more powerful strikes. Second, the vibrations add to the cutting power of the already sharp sword, making it easier to cut through things. In addition, Higure can teleport the sword between either of his hands at instant speed, at any time.

Bankai: To be decided.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-10-08 at 09:52 PM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hey, everyone. I re-formatted my Mortal for this new scenario, and I added a shikai. How does it look?

Iwamori Higure
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 145
    Side: Unaligned

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is an artist's rendition of Higure, with his zanpakuto's spirit, Untaidake, behind him. Drawn by my friend Sarah.
    Higure is a tall, thin man with almost gaunt features. His square, silver-rimmed glasses obscure his dark green eyes, causing his pupil and iris to almost blend in with each other. His dark hair is almost shoulder length, and pulled away from his face. At a glance, he appears to be frowning, but almost never is.
    In the way of clothing, Higure always wears his aforementioned glasses, dark pants or slacks, nice shoes, a short sleeved dress shirt of some pleasing pattern using purple, and a dark colored vest. Over this he has a long, off-white coat, not quite a trenchcoat. Untaidake sits under his left arm, upside down. The sword hangs loosely, easy to draw with his right hand.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Higure is a calm man, easy to imagine in a lab coat finding a cure for cancer or inventing the newest chemical weapon. A physics major with a taste for DnD, he's not one to doubt any sort of outlandish explanation or request from those he trusts. He's joking around his friends, and always good for a conversation. He likes swords and knifes, and owns several of each. Of course he's always carrying one. Higure also likes computers and reading.

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Higure was born in Japan, but grew up in Minnesota, USA. His family was rather strict, as well as rich, so Higure got the best education possible, getting his masters in physics at 20. The same year, Higure’s grandfather, who was still in Japan, died. Higure went to his funeral, and was given a sword, along with a note. The note said that the sword was called Untaidake, and was passed down from his grandfather before him. The beautifully crafted wakizashi was very sharp for looking so ceremonial. Higure ultimately decided to stay in Japan to try to find work, and ended up landing a job teaching at a local high school.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Higure is a master of hand to hand combat, as well as being good at zanjutsu. In addition, while holding Undaidake, Higure is able to move very fast. While Higure can perform Shikai, it is difficult for him to maintain.

Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Untaidake

Appearance: Picture 1 Picture 2 Picture 3 Picture 4
    20" all together, 14" blade
    Untaidake takes the spiritual form of a green Coatl* with yellow eyes.

Shikai:
    Release Command: "Defy, Untaidake!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance: The appearance of the wakizashi does not change, but it’s features blur, as it vibrates at high speeds.

Abilities: The vibrations coming from Untaidake come with two abilities. First, the vibrations help negate force, allowing Higure to block much more powerful strikes. Second, the vibrations add to the cutting power of the already sharp sword, making it easier to cut through things. In addition, Higure can teleport the sword between either of his hands at instant speed, at any time.

Bankai: To be decided.
    Having a Zanpakuto being a mortal heirloom doesn't really make sense given the nature of Zanpakutos. It'd make more sense if his weapon was a Fullbring or something.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Bugbear in the Playground

We've done it before. I'll approve anything if its written well enough. Give me some of that dirty, dirty backstory and I'll get back to you.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground

Having a Zanpakuto being a mortal heirloom doesn't really make sense given the nature of Zanpakutos. It'd make more sense if his weapon was a Fullbring or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    We've done it before. I'll approve anything if its written well enough. Give me some of that dirty, dirty backstory and I'll get back to you.
    Hmm. I actually haven't read much of the Manga or watched the anime after Aizen was defeated. I don't know much about Fullbringers, so I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to play one. Here, I added a little to the backstory. Does this work?

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Higure was born in Japan, but grew up in Minnesota, USA. His family was rather strict, as well as rich, so Higure got the best education possible, getting his bachelors in physics at 23. The same year, Higure’s grandfather, who was still in Japan, died. Higure went to his funeral, and was given a odachi, along with a note. The note said that the sword was called Untaidake and that his grandfather wanted him to have it. When Higure got back to his hotel room, he examined the sword, unsheathing it. As he felt the edge, he accidentally cut himself on it, which teleported his consciousness into Untaidake's spirit realm, a castle courtyard. He was met there by Untaidake, a large green scorpion, who explained that his grandfather was a shinigami, and one of the head scientists of the Shinigami Research and Development Institute. The winged serpent went further to say that Higure's grandfather developed an experimental way to transfer his power to another in his bloodline, although it was risky. Higure accepted, and without warning, Untaidake stung Higure, injecting him with a serum that transferred part of his ancestor's power into him. However, the transfer had some unexpected side effects. First, because of the different souls, the nature of Untaidake and her abilities changed drastically. While Higure did learn how to fight proficiently within a matter of days, he and Untaidake had, and still have much to learn. Because of all this, Higure ultimately decided to stay in Japan to try to find work, and ended up landing a job teaching at a local high school.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-10-09 at 01:29 AM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. I actually haven't read much of the Manga or watched the anime after Aizen was defeated. I don't know much about Fullbringers, so I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to play one. Here, I added a little to the backstory. Does this work?

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Higure was born in Japan, but grew up in Minnesota, USA. His family was rather strict, as well as rich, so Higure got the best education possible, getting his masters in physics at 20. The same year, Higure’s grandfather, who was still in Japan, died. Higure went to his funeral, and was given a odachi, along with a note. The note said that the sword was called Untaidake and that his grandfather wanted him to have it. When Higure got back to his hotel room, he examined the sword, unsheathing it. As he felt the edge, he accidentally cut himself on it, which teleported his consciousness into Untaidake's spirit realm, a castle courtyard. He was met there by Untaidake, a large green scorpion, who explained that his grandfather was a shinigami, and one of the head scientists of the 12th division. The winged serpent went further to say that Higure's grandfather developed an experimental way to transfer his power to another in his bloodline, although it was risky. Higure accepted, and without warning, Untaidake stung Higure, injecting him with a serum that transferred part of his ancestor's power into him. However, the transfer had some unexpected side effects. First, because of the different souls, the nature of Untaidake and her abilities changed drastically. While Higure did learn how to fight proficiently within a matter of days, he and Untaidake had, and still have much to learn. Because of all this, Higure ultimately decided to stay in Japan to try to find work, and ended up landing a job teaching at a local high school.
    Couple things

1. We know that family members can have similar Zanpakuto. Look at Isshin and Ichigo for example. This isn't a criticism of your back story, more leading credence to the idea that it isn't actually all that far fetched if canon is to be taken for anything.

2. Getting a Masters in physics is...quite the accomplishment, considering a Masters requires an additional term of school after graduation in both the United States and Japan. So he'd have to have Bachelors of Science Degree in Physics, a four year degree followed by a one to six year Masters degree. A Masters of Physics is on average five years. The graduating age of High School students in the United States is 17-18. He'd have had to do the course work of a nine year college education in...two years. Even if he's a genius, which almost every mortal character seems to be, that's more than a little bit of a stretch. Also even with the best education, you have to go to a University or College to get the B.S. and the Masters. So if he somehow graduated High School at the age of...11-13 this would make sense.

3. There is no 12th Division. It's the Shinigami Science Institute.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-09 at 12:21 AM.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Dwarf in the Playground

Couple things

1. We know that family members can have similar Zanpakuto. Look at Isshin and Ichigo for example. This isn't a criticism of your back story, more leading credence to the idea that it isn't actually all that far fetched if canon is to be taken for anything.

2. Getting a Masters in physics is...quite the accomplishment, considering a Masters requires an additional term of school after graduation in both the United States and Japan. So he'd have to have Bachelors of Science Degree in Physics, a four year degree followed by a one to six year Masters degree. A Masters of Physics is on average five years. The graduating age of High School students in the United States is 17-18. He'd have had to do the course work of a nine year college education in...two years. Even if he's a genius, which almost every mortal character seems to be, that's more than a little bit of a stretch. Also even with the best education, you have to go to a University or College to get the B.S. and the Masters. So if he somehow graduated High School at the age of...11-13 this would make sense.

3. There is no 12th Division. It's the Shinigami Science Institute.
    1. I didn't think it was horribly farfetched, thanks for the example!

2. Yeah, thinking about it, a masters is a bit of a stretch. And the genius-mortal cliche is a little over-played. Just a bachelors, then. He can still teach with a bachelors. And he got it at 23.

3. I'm pretty sure there is one, but the two are pretty much synonymous. I'll change it to avoid confusion.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Wait, genius mortals are cliche? When did this happen?

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

3. I'm pretty sure there is one, but the two are pretty much synonymous. I'll change it to avoid confusion.
    Not in our game. There is no Gotei 13. You should probably read the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Wait, genius mortals are cliche? When did this happen?
    I may be miscounting or misremembering, but there's at least four mortal world characters that are described as "Genius". I'm not criticizing as most Shonen Hero's are dumber than a sack of @#$%, I was merely mentioning that even as a genius the number of children who graduate High School at the ages of 11-12 are ridiculously slim.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-09 at 10:34 AM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you a person who could kill you with flowers, but doesn't want to because it would be wrong and I should feel bad for thinking about it:

Zheng Li Lin
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 151 cm (4'11.4")
    Weight: 50 kg (110 lbs.)
    Station: Captain of Medicine & Logistics Division

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You could hardly think of a more harmless looking person. A small, oriental-looking elderly person with short, black but greying hair and brown eyes, with face covered in wrinkles brought by age but always smiling. Li's Shihakusho looks like it's greying just like its owner when you catch a glimpse of it past Li's long-sleeved white Captain's Haori. Li usually carries a white bamboo crane for support - this cane actually hides Hēi lín inside.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Meek. Mild. Gentle. Kind. These are words you often hear people using of who bad tongues claim is the "weakest Captain ever". But while true, Li is neither a coward or harmless. Despite life-long devotion to pacifism and unwilligness to violently oppose even sworn enemies of Seireitei, Li does not forget, and sure as Hell does not forgive. So unless you want next time your disjointed limbs are put back in place to be much more painful than necessary, you should behave yourself.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Li has always disliked combat and violence, seeking a peaceful solution whevever possible. Never quite fitting into the Shinigami lifestyle, Li was relegated to Medicine & Logistics, and never really expected to rise above sweeping floors. But ages passed, and Shinigami who fought at the frontlines died and were replaced. Li remained, humbly working to keep the soldiers fed, clothed and treated back to fighting condition when injured.

This continued for centuries. Med&Log grew from a mere reservoir division and repository for less skilled warriors into a respected medical facility, with even the reckless Combat Division coming to grudginly respect those who'd stitch them back together after their sparring sessions got a bit too rough or they bit more than they could chew when fighting against Hollows. Li, being the longest lasting member of the Division, had come to know its methods, policies and personnel inside out. When leadership of the Division changed, the old Captain having been promoted to Royal Guard, the new one took notice of this curious unseated cleaner, who seemed to know more of the Division matters than she did! She began consulting Li for advice, and Li complied.

Soon, Li was promoted to a Vice-Captain, due to always having the right answer to the Captain's question. And in that role Li would serve for another couple centuries, giving advice and organizing everyday affairs so the Captain's attention would be spared for more important things.

But this position did not come without its pressures. The Captains urged, and eventually ordered, Li to improve in combat skills and co-operation with Hēi lín. Li found this distasteful, but eventually had to comply as to not let the Division down. Through sheer amount of time spent and experience gained this reluctant practice lead to Li achieving Bankai, but in this occasion Hēi lín broke Li's left leg and it never healed quite right. Li tried to hide this fact, but then-current Captain noticed, and so Li was eventually destined to take her place at the helm of Med&Log.

Li probably would've probably joined the Royal Guard along other old Captains, if not for a great Hollow incursion to Rukongai 75 years ago. Due to a series of unfortunate incidences, Li was forced to get on the field and fight off a group of Menos, but in this events one of them crushed Li's lame leg - it had to be amputated and replaced with a titanium prosthetic. This injury was deemed too big of a handicap for Li to serve in the Guard, and even Li's career as a Captain seemed like it'd come to an end. But due to Hollow attacks declining and then stopping entirely, Li remained in the job.

Lately, Li has also been serving as the Head Teacher of the Spirit Academy. Dreams of finding a successor and retiring peacefully from Captaincy were unfortunately ruined by current conflicts.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    N/A

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tai Chi Grandmaster: Li knows and has mastered all forms of Tai Chi ever invented, both with weapons (Zanjutsu) and bare hands (Hakuda), including legendary mystical healing and pressure point techniques (Healing Kidõ). Li practices them to stay in harmony with himself and the world, and would rather never use them for violent purposes. Alas, life is not always so kind.

Professor of medicine, biology, anatomy and janitoring: through ages spend on mending wounds, growing herbs, studying strenghts and weaknesses of spiritual bodies as well as sweeping floors, Li has almost immaculate understanding of these topics. Few are the ailments Li can't treat, and no pair of socks goes unfound and unaccounted for.

Holder of alchemic secrets: Li can create concontions that defy natural laws and expectations, capable of curing most known diseases and toxins (and perhaps some unknown ones too) and even gluing severed limbs back together. Or they could give you diarhea or turn you into a toad if you've been unruly. Many rare and esoteric ingredients are required for making them, often grown or stored in Med&Log facilities for this sole purpose. (I mean, what else do you need rat liver for?)

Frail: old age and injuries that will never heal have taken their toll, weakening and slowing Li down.

Zanpakuto: Hēi lín ( 黑林 ) ["Black Forest"]
    Spoiler
    Show

Description: Hēi lín is a bronze taijijian with a black handle, sheathed inside a white bamboo cane.
    Spirit & Inner World: Hēi lín is dark and threatening forest expanding measurelessly into all directions. There are no animals in it, and it is always eeriely quiet. Should one wander far enough from a small road endlessly continuing through it, one could find small brooks, omnious stone circles, and even lakes and rivers, but no place can be found more than once, as if the trees were alive and actively working to confound the unfortunate person trapped among them.

Shikai: "Grow."
    Description: Hēi lín's blade becomes wooden, but it remains as hard or harder than most steels. Its sheath seemingly returns to life and will suddenly grow into a full-grown bamboo tree if planted to the ground.
    Power(s): Hēi lín holds command over all plants, and can make them grow, sprout flowers and fruit or wilt just like its wielder wishes.

Bankai: Wúxiàn de hēisè sēnlín ( 無限的黑色森林 )["Limitless Black Forest"]
    Description: The blade of the taijijian now springs to life as well. It can now grow to the size of an ancient fir in a matter of seconds and sprout branches to block or entangle an enemy.
    Power(s): Li's Bankai returns to life all dead plant matter within 100 meter radius, and can make any plant suddenly grow into humongous proportions. With this power, Li could single-handedly rebuild all houses destroyed by the Menos attack 75 years ago, making trees grow into shapes of ready-made buildings.

Li has not used Bankai for 75 years. Bad tongues claim Li is too old or weak to do so anymore.

And here's the Division:

The Hospital Division: Medicine & Logistics

Spoiler
    Show
    Shinigami are warriors. At least, they've all been warriors since founding of Gotei. Unfortunately, not everyone with Reiryoku is very well suited for such life. From the start, the fearful, the meek and the frail were placed into their own compartment, and given those duties in Gotei organization that more worthy warriors saw to be beneath them. This included things like waste disposal, cooking, farming, janitoring, making clothes, tending the wounded and fixing broken equipment.

But from these humble beginnings, the Division for "cowards and women" grew to be something more. As Gotei expanded and focused more on hunting down Hollows, the services provided by Medicine & Logistics became increasingly more vital as the other Divisions just didn't have enough men to keep doing all menial labor by themselves.

The final turn that cemented Med&Log's place as respected organization standing side by side with other Divisions happened when "Cult of the Ho-ou", an esoteric offshoot of the Order of Eibon consisting mainly of women, took its home there and started systematically teaching secrets of alchemy to the Division healers. This lead to a huge improvement in overall healthcare in Soul Society, and culminated in founding of the oldest still standing hospital 1500 years ago.

These days, Med&Log operates three big hospitals inside Seireitei, two for Gotei warriors and one for Noble patients. It also has a ward inside the Spirit Academy, where Officers from all Divisions are occasionally gathered to learn first aid and emergency medicine. In addition, Med&Log oversees food production in the Rukon and is responsible for maintaining a steady flow of resources to and within Seireitei, as well as maintaining food caches and greenhouses in case of siege.

Major Locations:

Monastery of the Ho-ou:
    decorated with a large banner bearing a picture of its namesake bird, this is the old name for Seireitei Main Hospital, which also serves as Med&Log headquarters and holds the Captain's office. It's a big, ancient caste made of white marble.

West Gate and East Gate Hospitals:
    the other two big hospitals, these are much more modern in appearance than the Monastery, and hold cutting-edge medical equipment supplied by SSI, or made by Med&Log themselves based on modern mortal innovations. They are located near their respective gates. West Gate Hospital is normally reserved for nobles, but due to recent disasters has had to accommodate many ordinary unseated as well. East Gate is currently horribly overcrowded, as it is the place where most newly-injured Shinigami get taken.

Seireitei Central Mundane Utility Warehouse: this place is just as boring as its name suggests. An area densely packed with grey storage halls, it's where Gotei stores everyday items, such as, say, brooms, pencils, office paper, eating utensils, socks, tabi, hakama, haori, yadda yadda. If you ever need a new pair of socks or a hole in your Shihakusho fixed, you go here. Poorer unseated can also come here to have their laundry done - poorest unseated will do the laundry in hope of extra pay.

Alchemical gardens: Consisting of three big greenhouses covered in dark blue glass, these facilites exist for storing and growing... things that see little use beyond esoteric healing arts and alchemical concoctions. While SSI might sometimes need something from them, these greenhouses exists mostly for the convenience of Zheng Li Lin. No-one can really pin down exactly where they are, because they somehow seem to change place overnight (tales of footprints left by giant chicken legs abound), but "in the direction of Main Hospital" is usually a good guess.

Organization:

Captain: While Med&Log Captains have historically been greatest healers in Soul Society, their main function is to ensure safety of their Division, using their great powers so weaker members of the Division can do their jobs.
    Vice-Captain: supervisor of most everyday affairs in Med&Log. Often co-operates closely with HQ to plan and control resource flow within Seireitei.
    Seated Officers: Trained doctors, including specialists such as nerve surgeons etc. Those with most combat capacity are usually capable field medics, and are responsible for guarding the Division.
    Unseated Troopers: janitors, plumbers, farmers and nurses
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2012-10-09 at 11:05 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ironically my initial concept for a Medic Captain included a very similar plant-based Zanpakuto.

I'm thinking of making an officer or two, or possibly even an unseated, but the only concepts that come to mind are a pair of twin brothers, one an excellent if gruff doctor and the other a horrible healer but a great coroner, but they're identical so which one is in charge of healing you is a crap shoot.

But this may be just a sign of me playing a certain game too much lately.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you a person who could kill you with flowers, but doesn't want to because it would be wrong and I should feel bad for thinking about it:
    I like him quite a bit. Much hilarity will ensue between the Captain Doctor and the Grand Sorcerer I predict.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I like him quite a bit. Much hilarity will ensue between the Captain Doctor and the Grand Sorcerer I predict.
    That's a him?

(reads over again)

What is your character's gender, Frozen Feet? I can't find a single pronoun to betray it. And I've heard Li used as a male and female name before. Was this an intentional confusion?