New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by 171873124Giarc View Post
    Also, are there any limits whatsoever to fullbringer powers? I can't find any, and every idea I come up with just seems so cheap that I decide to go with something else.
    Fullbringer powers are ill-defined in the canon.

The thing you have to remember is that Fullbringers can manipulate the souls of ALL objects to a certain extent, but usually have a special affinity for one or two items.

However, those items can be stolen and used by other fullbringers. You can also place self-imposed limitations on your Fullbring and give it to an ally who can use it.

Didn't post in the mortal world because I wanted to give Terry, AnimeKid, etcetera a chance to post before the hollow bites it. No rush, this time of year is crazy for a lot of people.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

You don't have to wait on Tamaki. If he takes the shot he might hit Higure and he doesn't want that.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-11-19 at 12:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ettin in the Playground

From here on, gonna use Impact for when Mikael speaks the tongue of objects.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #604
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, I changed Azmus' weapon from a switchblade to a stiletto. It's just aesthetic, but I thought I should say something bout it.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

To answer Mahonri_Violist's IC question, I doubt she'd run into anyone in the woman's barracks. And while we have two medical characters, neither character has posted anything IC yet.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

If the quarter's are not divided by division, Alice Ruggles could be there to interact with Nicole. If it is needed, that is.

If not, then I shall return to lurking until a favourable time. Or possibly work on a Hollow that could catch someone's attention. ^_^'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm fine with the Quarters not being divided by division. We could have that make sense:
    "It's a time of crisis; we have neither the means nor time to properly divide all the divisions. Besides, we need more unity between the different divisions. Shared quarters between the divisions is the perfect way to do this."
    However, on the flip side:
    "It's a time of crisis; we can't afford to not properly divide all the divisions. We need more unity within the divisions. Shared quarters between the divisions will just cause in-fighting about which division is better and more useful."

I can see how both sides would make sense in-context.

Because whether the living quarters shall be divided by division will affect every player, I think we should come to a consensus before I continue posting for Suou Nicole.
    What's everyone's opinions on this? Should living quarters be divided by division or not?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The way the Divisions are currently written up, they have separate quarters. The Divisions are too different and divisive at this stage not to be.

9. - Top - End - #609

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    The way the Divisions are currently written up, they have separate quarters. The Divisions are too different and divisive at this stage not to be.
    I could see where each division could allow members of other divisions to use their quarters, though.

If the guerilla fighting part of the combat division trains often with the recon division, it'd make sense that they were free to use the recon living quarters.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

10. - Top - End - #610

Using others quarters is different from everyone living together.

Would you really want the mad scientists coming anywhere near the combat division?
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

11. - Top - End - #611

Terry, you have a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    This is very decisive as well.

My conclusion: Nicole won't run into any PCs in the barracks. Therefore, I now wait for a player with a Medical Healer Dude to see if he/she wants to RP. (Waiting's great - I'm actually starting to run out of ideas for things that my characters should do, at least until other people's plots progress.)
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ettin in the Playground

I will get to it tomorrow, I think. I meant to do it now, but my head is still too filled with goo to think properly.

Apologies for prolonged absence. I was sick and couldn't be arsed to leave home to get on a computer.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Happy New Year everyone!

I understand things have been slow mostly because of the holidays. But now that those are over, I hope we can get back into this.

As for my characters:

Kiba is ready to meet with the other Combat Corps officers to discuss security and strategy. I assume he's not supposed to be at the official captain's meeting. If he is, he doesn't know it yet.

The school bit is over now. Kenzan is waiting on the roof for class to end, though if any other spiritual beings are on the roof or above the school, there could potentially be some interaction there.

And VV is still fighting with Mikael. I believe it's Mikael's turn, though if I'm mistaken please let me know.

And my other characters are hanging back until they're needed in some way. I have a character for the medical division in mind, sort of a creepy coroner, but I want to wait until he'd actually be needed to start using him again.

Once again, happy holidays and hopefully we can get this back on track!

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

It's Mikael's turn all right (And Li's, apparently). I've just been suffering from a writer's block the size of Mt. Everest. Oh, and flue. Can't really tell when I'll get back on track.

15. - Top - End - #615

I'm here and still interested, but I have an unfortunate case of none of my characters being able to do anything.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been waiting for Orzel to post so I could respond with all me characters, but I'll be posting again soon. Mahonri and I are cooking up a little mini plot in Hueco Mundo, which is essentially my espada looking for fraccion. So I'll get to posting there as well as in the Mortal World.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

17. - Top - End - #617
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm here too. Naijeru has already headed towards where Dosan and Hana said they needed to go. In fact they were racing. Tamaki is back in class and at his desk most likely reading a book. I could try to have him talk to other people, but due to the personality I gave him it would be easier if someone were to start up a conversation with him.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally got around to writing something. I've been suffering from bizarre log-in problems for a while now. I hope this marks me getting back to writing at least weekly, possibly daily if other players can keep up with such pace.

Dorizzit, what would your characters need to get into action?

And how did the rooftop scene end for a couple of characters? Like Sora, for example? Those things need adressing.

19. - Top - End - #619

Jehoel needs someone to enter his domain; apart from that, he pretty much just doesn't care enough to do anything.

Naito needs the time in the Mortal World to move forward; I have a scene planned for him after school, but right now he's trapped in class limbo.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I can get to remedying the first part when Mikael's fight ends. Hopefully Bob is still around so we can get there in a timely manner. (It's my fault it's taken this long anyway.)

For the second part, which characters are needed to act in class? (Sorry, I'm feeling particularly harebrained today - can't focus enough to reread the whole thread.) If their players make no show soon, I wouldn't be against you moving on by your own.

21. - Top - End - #621

Thanks for your help.

Upon rereading the thread, it seems that time has already been moved forward. I'll get to work on my post as soon as I have a few free minutes.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2013-01-23 at 02:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Finally got around to writing something. I've been suffering from bizarre log-in problems for a while now. I hope this marks me getting back to writing at least weekly, possibly daily if other players can keep up with such pace.

Dorizzit, what would your characters need to get into action?

And how did the rooftop scene end for a couple of characters? Like Sora, for example? Those things need adressing.
    I'm assuming the rooftops were abandoned by the time Kenzan got up there unless someone wants to change anything.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Giving the other two Captains a chance to post.]

Speaking of CMOTDibbler...

If you're looking for a new Fraccion, I'd be happy to make one for you.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeez, I forget to check the forums for one day and the thread explodes! It's good to see people posting again. Also, DiscipleofBob, I sent you a PM about the fraccion.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Posting a character pitch for general approval.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Karasu

Spirit Type: Arrancar (Potential Fraccion)

Appearance: Karasu stands at over seven feet tall with slender, compact muscles. He wears a long, ragged black cloak from neck to toe that drags along the ground. His nose and mouth are covered by his mask fragment, which vaguely resembles a crushed beak. His long, black, unkempt hair frames narrow eyes which are often difficult to read. He has large boney wings covered in thin, spiney feathers.

Personality: Karasu's mute nature makes him a hard arrancar to figure out. The glare in his eyes makes it seem like any moment he'll flip out and start murdering everyone nearby, but in some cases he's seemed to silently show concern for his fellow arrancar. He follows orders without question or hesitation, except when orders seem to conflict in which he usually goes with what order's first given. For this reason, the espada have found it unwise to give Karasu hasty orders that might quickly be withdrawn.

Abilities: It's widely speculated among his fellow arrancar that Karasu is permanently stuck in his Resurrecion state, which would explain why he's never released his zanpakuto mid-combat but still has several special abilities. The spiney feathers detach and transform into small, skeletal birds which can be used as scouts or launched as projectiles. They observe their surroundings through hollow, socket eyes and communicate their information through touch to others. The birds are capable of launching themselves at Sonido-level speeds to make vicious sharp projectiles. Karasu combines these with his expertly wielded scythe for combat. As a side ability, he can shrug off direct hits in a teleportation-esque ability that substitutes his body with a small flock of his birds. The feathers on his wings are limited, however, and once he runs out his substitution and projectile abilities are unusable until he rest long enough for them to grow back.

Plans for Character: As of now he's a potential Fraccion for CMOTDibbler. I'm willing to make other Fraccions for other Arrancar if wanted/needed as well.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Looks fairly nice to me, don't see anything that would be impossible or imbalanced. Karasu sounds interesting and I hope we see a lot of this crush-beaked Hollow, Bob.

Now, I really need to think of something to do other than wait for an opportunity. I have a slightly kooky, 19th century scientist and a security guard with supernatural powers, I must be able to do something... ^_^'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

Been a while, last I checked everyone I'd been in a scene with had stopped posting. Frozen sent me a PM so I thought I'd poke my head back in. Can I get a run down of what's been going on? I may make a new character if things have progressed really far.

28. - Top - End - #628

From what I remember, this all happened:

In the Mortal Realm, there was a Hollow Attack at the School. My character wasn't involved. Probably less than half the mortals were involved. The humans won.

In Soul Society, Vice-Captain Kiba had a brief training session with my character. She's in the healing place right now, as a result. Apparently, though, she passed, so she's now in the Combat Division.

Meanwhile, in Hueco Mundo, there's a massive one-on-one fight out in the desert. Also, one of the Espada is hosting a challenge to decide on his Fracción.

Some other things probably happened, but people involved in those things can give more information about them.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the easiest way for you to get back into game, Tebryn, would be to have Nanoha Shigure, your Med&Log Vice-Captain, join the scene between Li and Nicole.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I think the easiest way for you to get back into game, Tebryn, would be to have Nanoha Shigure, your Med&Log Vice-Captain, join the scene between Li and Nicole.
    I'll do so at some point tonight when I've read the scene fully.