New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

I'll have Valentina answer Creon after Azmus responds to her.

It makes more sense, that way. What Azmus says may will influence her mood.

Edit: I also updated the "Story So Far" for my characters.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-04-18 at 10:40 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Managed to come up with something limited as it maybe that didn't sound like a double entendre.
    Bah. Don't worry about them double entendres. In last game, my girly dude character dressed as a lady to screw with then-current Decima Espada. Top that.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

So with all the new people I think I'm going to retract Tsukiyomi as a character, not only because Sawada is already...a Master Mind Antagonist but because it opens up room for other players. That being said since we've discussed this and sorta got that ball rolling I'm going to place Sawada behind the death of the Suou family. Details below.

Spoiler
    Show
    The reason Shenryu was there was to oversee the hit, originally going to be done by Mod Souls who would then be blamed on going rogue and scrapped. The Hollow Attack conflicted with that and he was slain in the ensuing battle. The Hollows did the work for him all the same and the legacy of the S.S.I has fallen on Sawada since he was the personal student of Shenryu for one hundred years. This blends a little better with the main story and keeps Sawada's main goals in check without any shuffling around or...dropping them.

I would however like to keep the Illusion Zanpakuto that Tsukiyomi had...so...here's one last go at changing Sawada's Zanpakuto. Can't seem to decide on one though he hasn't used it yet so...no harm done other then being annoying I guess.

Hansei
    Appearance: Hansei appears as a standard katana in a black and nondescript sheath.

Shikai: Turn your back to the forest towards the towering city, look upon your works wrought by your own hand and weep! Hansei! - Once released, Mu becomes a long stave that appears more like a victorian street lamp than an actual weapon. The light within the lamp glows a vivid

[INDENT]Gate of the Oni: Mu can summon several towering Oni. There seem to be three the staff can create at a time, the flame within the staff growing weaker depending on how many Oni are released. The first Oni is a towering red monster with a massive iron club. The second Oni is a black tengu who creates massive gusts of wind from a dark oak fan, the blasts doing no damage but capable of knocking people over. The third is a dark blue Oni who holds two shields of ivory capable of blocking great damage.

Minor Illusion:
    With a twirl of the staff, Sawada can create minor illusions centered on the target. These illusions can be either visual, audio or tactile but none at the same time. Opponents with strong will power can negate such attacks without issue.

Swaths of Darkness: By expeling a gout of the mystic green flame, Sawada can create large areas of arcane darkness that obscure sight for those inside.

Bankai: Hansei's true name is Mu. The flame within the lamp grows brighter as ivy like silver lines crawl over the black staff. Seven glowing runes dance about the lamp in the same eerie green flame. Should all seven go out, Sawada is ejected forcefully into Shikai, his own immense spiritual pressure black-lashing against himself to devastating effects. It is unknown when, or even if, Sawada could return to his Bankai after suffering such damage as it has never happened.

Greater Illusions: Sawada's illusions grow stronger, capable of stringing together enough illusions to full a beings senses fully. Strong willed opponents however can overcome such trickery with effort. Those subject to these illusions can take very real damage, gashes and wounds appearing upon victims bodies as if from thin air.

Embrace Nothing: For a moment, Sawada himself becomes an illusion which allows him to fool opponents who manage to attack him as if they had landed a successful hit. Using this ability makes the runes about his bankai fade away.

World of Darkness: Sawada spreads his darkness around the area is a large swath, the world around himself becoming a negative of itself. In this area his Illusions grow much stronger and harder to overcome. This takes three Runes from his Bankai.

Greater Oni: While in Bankai, Sawada can summon forth a pair of massive serpent like creatures made of shadow and green flame. These serpents coil and move around his body ready to strike anything in reach.

Edit: May also drop Shigure for other players to take a VC role.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-04-19 at 04:13 AM.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Fluff question.

When hollows get destroyed, they're either purified or sent to Bleach hell, right? Is there even a corpse left to examine/scan?

5. - Top - End - #935

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Fluff question.

When hollows get destroyed, they're either purified or sent to Bleach hell, right? Is there even a corpse left to examine/scan?
    Hollows disappear (purified or hell), arrancars do not.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ettin in the Playground

Fluff question.

It depends. When a Shinigami destroyes one, they evaporate as they are purified or sent to Hell. When killed by other Hollows, they usually leave a body, as seen in canon when there were piles of Hollow bodies on both sides of Coyote Starrk in his flashback. When comes to Arrancars, some leave a body, some don't.

Shinigami are also supposed to evaporate upon death, including their clothes, but they're at various points shown leaving a corpse as well.

My take on this is that whether a spirit leaves a corpse or not depends on how much they had spiritual power left at the moment of death. Depleted souls decay quickly, more powerful ones decay at more realistic rates. As Shinigami zanpakuto specifically remove all traces of being a Hollow from a soul, it makes sense for Hollows to disintegrate as a norm.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

Updated character sheets and all that. Can move Shigure to unseated so a new person who doesn't have a Captain level character can take the VC spot.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ettin in the Playground

Just as a heads up my laptop broke (I hate windows 8) and so posting might be erratic.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Updated character sheets and all that. Can move Shigure to unseated so a new person who doesn't have a Captain level character can take the VC spot.
    I'll have to adress his demotion IC somehow.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I say just keep Shigure a VC.

We still have plenty of Captain and VC positions open. And this is confusing enough as is what with Sawada changing his Shikai every other week because it's fashionable.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I'll have to adress his demotion IC somehow.
    Overworked! Just look at the poor man! Demotion out of concern. May even be a demotion by his own making.

I say just keep Shigure a VC.

We still have plenty of Captain and VC positions open. And this is confusing enough as is what with Sawada changing his Shikai every other week because it's fashionable.
    I'd really rather keep it open..I only took it because no one else at the time seemed interested. That and between all the stuff I'm doing RL and work...one character really is enough.

And this is the last change I swear to Sawada's Shikai I swear. It's only been three times anyway.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-04-19 at 07:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #942

As I reread the Character Registry, I noticed that the Hollow King's goals lined up pretty well with Valentina's motives.

Which, logically, means she will be pretty distraught when she finds the Hollow King was killed in combat.

So, what would be more interesting? An Espada who leaves her position and tries to find peace with herself as a Rogue Arrancar, or an Espada who reluctantly obeys?
    I know which one that I would find more interesting, but there's also a great lack of Espada at the moment.

to Julian84:
    As much as I would like to have Valentina talk to Ean, she's currently busy. The only way (that I can see) for Ean to speak with someone else right now is if one of the fallen Arrancars finally get up, or if Ean senses the next battle that's going to happen and he goes there.
    Sorry.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ettin in the Playground

My post would not be complete without reference to this picture.

Also, looking at the picture, I realize that when the game started, it was October, and I described Mikael's stroll through Lapland as if winter had just started. Now, it's April, and all the snow is melting away.

Yeah. It's been one of those days again.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

My post would not be complete without reference to this picture.

Also, looking at the picture, I realize that when the game started, it was October, and I described Mikael's stroll through Lapland as if winter had just started. Now, it's April, and all the snow is melting away.

Yeah. It's been one of those days again.
    In Illinois it's snowing right now. After a week of flash floods. In April.

Yeah...

Weather's not as far-fetched as you might think.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm more referring to the fact that it took half a year to get over the first game day. Mikael must've taken one hell of a nap.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it might be interesting to have Sho challange Li and either lose (due to inexperience) or be interruped (due to someone else showing up).

If she loses I think it might be interested for her to be placed as the VC of Medicine & Logistics as Li might want to keep a close eye on her.

Alternatively if she might win (but be interrupted) or draw then offering her the chance of her own division might be interesting (possible as part of Li's seeming coup of the captain-commander).
    Unless I am reading the coup incorrectly.

If you Frozen_Feet disagree that would be interesting I have no problem with her being wrong in her assumptions (in which case please spell out to how she is backed into a corner still).

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ettin in the Playground

If Sho wants to take that shot so badly after what Li will say, hey, go ahead. I'm too busy being amused by Sho's apparent ignorance of certain basic facts of life.

Congrats to Dorizzit for good choice in music.

18. - Top - End - #948

Congrats to Dorizzit for good choice in music.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

19. - Top - End - #949

Poor Eri-san. No one cares about what he has to say.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Viera Champion View Post
    Look on the bright side, at least people listen.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Viera Champion View Post
    Hey, maybe Eri can explain Li's proverb to Sho once this debacle is over.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

Right. For all who were wondering (and I know people were- I log in after... six months and all the new PMs are about this game ), life got busy, I didn't really have GitP energy and when something like that happens, I always take a while to get back into a forum.

...how much, exactly, have I missed?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Right. For all who were wondering (and I know people were- I log in after... six months and all the new PMs are about this game ), life got busy, I didn't really have GitP energy and when something like that happens, I always take a while to get back into a forum.

...how much, exactly, have I missed?
    Quite a bit actually...things have been rolling for a bit. Not sure when you stopped reading the IC thread but reading through it would probably be the best idea.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

...right. ARCHIVE BINGE AWAY!

Then I need to read over my characters.

(On a sorta-related note, I've had ideas for how I would have done my characters from the first game if I knew then what I do now.

On the one hand, I wouldn't throw them into whatever fit. On the other hand, Takeshi would be a walking Asura's Wrath homage, so...)

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #955

Quite a bit actually...things have been rolling for a bit. Not sure when you stopped reading the IC thread but reading through it would probably be the best idea.
    Although, the first day still isn't over yet.

((Normally, how do days progress in this thing?))
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Although, the first day still isn't over yet.

((Normally, how do days progress in this thing?))
    I -REALLY- think that's a bad and silly idea just for a narritive stand point. Time is wonky in the Bleach world with the whole travel between Soul Society and the Mortal World. Tracking days just seems a bad idea, forcing the narritive to fit into an arbitrary flow. I at least haven't thought this has all gone down on one day. To much has happened for it to be that way. From my perspective things have gone at least two days or around that. Not that it matters.

Worrying about "Can my character be in this scene" because their doing something at the same time and day just makes it harder to participate. Someone will have to track the day which just makes more work for everyone. I personally reject anything that makes this more of a job for anyone period. It's a game, lets not sweet the days of the week and just focus on keeping the plot consistent. If we need to move things around...lets do that. But setting up anything like "We're now on day two!" just seems...both arbitrary and needless.

Saying that...if you or anyone else personally wants to keep a calendar of their events that's cool. Not against people doing what they want. But making the game hold to that...I'm against fully.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-04-20 at 09:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd agree to a point.

...and looking at Hinata's Z-Pac, I kinda want to do a rework of it. Sealed form back to blade, make the Shikai miko-inspired in some way. Still Kido-focused, though.

Luckily, she won't be at the point of knowing Shikai anyway. :P

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd agree to a point.
    If things don't make sense...like a character being in Hueco Mundo when he's in the middle of a fight in the Mortal World that's fair. But I think it'd just be better to wrap the narrative around our actions rather than fix them on a track. It makes things way more organic when you're not checking a spread sheet if your character can or cannot be somewhere.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

...right. ARCHIVE BINGE AWAY!

Then I need to read over my characters.

(On a sorta-related note, I've had ideas for how I would have done my characters from the first game if I knew then what I do now.

On the one hand, I wouldn't throw them into whatever fit. On the other hand, Takeshi would be a walking Asura's Wrath homage, so...)
    You had a Captain character, right? You may have been replaced by a different Captain for that division since then.

Hope that can be worked around.

I seem to remember being disappointed that your characters never made it to the RP.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

I seem to remember being disappointed that your characters never made it to the RP.
    Same here, Sawada had plans for your mortal character. I had to redo his whole plan with you gone Horngeek!