New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1495
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Sorry, I will edit to previous to account.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ettin in the Playground

For the record, if someone wants to intervene in the Sho Vs. Li fight, go ahead. Or you can just wait until there are bodies.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

So, any other comments on the Quincy writeup?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of, are there any significant problems with Hinata and Natsuki, or should I just chuck em into the Mortal World?

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Speaking of, are there any significant problems with Hinata and Natsuki, or should I just chuck em into the Mortal World?
    I think you're good to go.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

Theere we go.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh, looks like Sawada has scored himself yet another lackey. Welcome to the game, Entaris. I looked over your character, and didn't spot anything objectionable. I'll mark him in the roster once he enters play.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Dwarf in the Playground

So AnimeKid. Kyoki? I just read back a few pages to where you posted her, and I'm going to be really surprised if no one has said this yet. You're playing Crona, from Soul Eater. I didn't see anyone else commenting on that, but I read your most recent post while watching a Soul Eater episode with Crona in it. I have no problem with this of course, I actually think it's awesome.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

I have to say, I'm greatly enjoying Sho's fighting. You have a good imagination for fighting, dancrilis. I got positively giddy after reading your last post, because there were so many potential ways to continue from there.

(Fun fact: I actually tried to recite Hado 1: Sho as fast as I could, just to see how long it would take to say, while replicating Li's movements with my Sais. Hopefully, I did not disturb my neighbours.)

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah Kyoki is based off of Crona. Surpising how well she fits isnt' it? What I really want though is a chance for Kyoki to stretch her legs. Most people avoid Crona for the fact that she is literally a fountain of madness. I don't think any of the Arrancar in Los Noches at least have seen Kyoki fight. At least I hope they haven't I wanted the power of this girl who seems to be the ultimate sub's power to come as a surprise to all of the Arracnar in Los Noches. Well, except for the late king of course. And probably Jehoel since I don't think that guy misses a tick.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    So AnimeKid. Kyoki? I just read back a few pages to where you posted her, and I'm going to be really surprised if no one has said this yet. You're playing Crona, from Soul Eater. I didn't see anyone else commenting on that, but I read your most recent post while watching a Soul Eater episode with Crona in it. I have no problem with this of course, I actually think it's awesome.
    Oh my god, everything is just fantastic

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    I thought this was obvious to everyone. Well, everyone who's ever seen/read Soul Eater I guess.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ettin in the Playground

I've not read it far enough to know who you are talking about, and don't care to know.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I have to say, I'm greatly enjoying Sho's fighting. You have a good imagination for fighting, dancrilis. I got positively giddy after reading your last post, because there were so many potential ways to continue from there.
    Thanks part of what I am aiming for is that any part of her should be considered dangerous, another is that she tries to set things up in advance ... and the last is that she is fighting a more experienced opponent with a longer ranged weapon which should cause anyone difficulties.

I am enjoying Li straight up 'get it finished' mentality to the fight also, which I think works with Sho's plan to tire her out.

And now for a probably stupid question, what gender is Li?
    I initially assumed female but I can't seem to find a reference.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Well it's been a solid week since really ANYONE's been able to post, and that can kill RP's pretty easily.

If you're in this RP, even if you're still waiting on someone or typing up an IC post or working on your character, could you just post something quick in this thread just so we know who's available?

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Here.

*twitches slightly from withdrawal*

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Still here as well, mostly waiting to see whats going to happen in Las Noches.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, Frozen, might want to mention that Natsuki's a Quincy on the directory post.

Speaking of Quincies, I've also added what currently stands (I'll edit in the bit about the fifth family who got destroyed) into that post so people don't have to go rummaging through the OOC thread.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Still here too, should have a post up later today.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2013-04-29 at 02:07 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

Still here, was out of town and away from computer when the site went down so...ya.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, I'm well and truly opening the Quincy up now. The three families I've left undefined are deliberately so- you guys can name and expand on them, and keep in mind the Quincy are a fairly multicultural and multinational organisation. Although I expect Tebryn will want to expand on one of the families, since he expressed interest in playing the 'Quincy Villain' character for when that story arc comes around.

Keep in mind that 'families' isn't completely accurate as we think of the term, at least with how I'm envisioning the Quincy. For those who have played Legend of the Five Rings (in any form), that's the best analogy I can draw- think of the Quincy as a Great Clan and the Five (well, Four now) Quincy Families as the Families of one of those Clans. Essentially, there's the members of the family who are directly descended from the members who took part in the Founding (Hinata, Natsuki and their parents are part of this category) but there's also Quincy who aren't in that line and may not be related to the members of that line, but as far as the Quincy are concerned are vassals of that family.

That make sense?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-04-29 at 02:10 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, I'm well and truly opening the Quincy up now. The three families I've left undefined are deliberately so- you guys can name and expand on them, and keep in mind the Quincy are a fairly multicultural and multinational organisation.

Keep in mind that 'families' isn't completely accurate as we think of the term, at least with how I'm envisioning the Quincy. For those who have played Legend of the Five Rings (in any form), that's the best analogy I can draw- think of the Quincy as a Great Clan and the Five (well, Four now) Quincy Families as the Families of one of those Clans. Essentially, there's the members of the family who are directly descended from the members who took part in the Founding (Hinata, Natsuki and their parents are part of this category) but there's also Quincy who aren't in that line and may not be related to the members of that line, but as far as the Quincy are concerned are vassals of that family.

That make sense?
    I've got dibs on the Dead Quincy house. No idea when I'll post my character for it. Taking my time since it isn't going to show up for a while.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

...oooooh. The main villain being from the Dead Quincy house might work even better.

I actually came up with a name for them, but if you want to use something other than Kurosawa, just tell me and I'll edit it.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd prefer not using that name ya. I'll come up with something, just not tonight. Late and no sleep for about 35 hours.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, you definitely need to sleep. PM me the name, I'll get to it probably tomorrow morning.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

Incidentally, Frozen, might want to mention that Natsuki's a Quincy on the directory post. .
    I haven't been able to touch the registry for a week now as you might've guessed. I'll update it later tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    And now for a probably stupid question, what gender is Li?
    I initially assumed female but I can't seem to find a reference.
    There is an intentional lack of any conclusive evidence regarding the subject, because I couldn't decide when making the character, and when I put up a vote, it came up as a draw.

You are free to think of Li as either. For the record, I think Nonoha Shigure adresses Li as "grandmother", while Kiba-san thinks of Li as "he".

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

That's fine- you did remove the WIP markers, which is why I thought you might have missed doing that.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

Lox Nyctores
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5' 10"
    Weight:155lbs
    Station: Gotei Head Researcher

Description:

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like to think in fractals and progressions, like a musical composer blended with a computer and a wheel rolling downhill. Sometimes begins speaking speed increases along with thought process, and colleagues have learned to let him know when he's unintelligible. Usually beneficial to social groupings, unless contested, then ruthlessly seeks victory.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A promising student of Nikolai Tesla, the man who became Lox ventured his considerable mind into the realm of sound and theoretical harnessing of sonic force, which he named Vi Sonus. Died in the fire of Tesla's home and labs. Came to Soul Society with mind set on projects yet unfinished and hasn't stopped inventing since.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Built both a Lightning Cannon (which is really just a Kidou amplifier tuned to Lightning-Type Hado (usually mounted to a wall or structure) and a smaller version for riot control known colloquially as the "Push and Stay Gun" as it amplifies Force-Type and Paralyze-Type Bakudo (about rifle size, fits over the forearm). Saw use in the field and at home against a range of subjec- er, oppositional forces. Has been lobbying for mass production and issuance to the guard and Security Team. Conducting experiments into deflection using pressurized sound waves.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pros:
    Zanjutsu
    His Zanpakuto adding a kind of "Sound Blade" effect in Sealed form, Lox prefers maneuvers like Hozuri and Hitotsume: Nadegiri, as all he must do is be precise, the pressurized soundwave Sanus Aerugo projects a few inches ahead of the blade does the damage itself.

Kido:
    Can use most at a moderate to skilled level. Prefers to use Sho and Seki to distance his opponents and to ring Sanus Aerugo when nothing else is available.
    When Sanus Aerugo is in Shikai, Lox likes to finish a fight combining his personal version of Hyapporankan, in which the rods of crystallized spirit particles (which are highly resonant) land between himself and the opponent. He then strikes the rods and directs the geometrically increasing vibrations into one giant sonic blast he dubs "Finem Carminis", The End of the Song

Lox Nyctores is also a prominent Hakuda practitioner, enjoying the art enough to build sonic amplifier armlets to improve the power of his punches, especially his not-quite-mastered Ikkotsu and his just-stopped-hurting-himself-during-it Sokutsu. Favored Technique: Tessho.

Zanpakuto: Sanus Aerugo
    Description: Bastard sword with two tines that ring like a tuning fork.
    Spirit: Acts as Lox's Muse. Very protective of her Wielder and jealous of women, suspecting they are trying to steal his work, born of Lox's latent suspicions of Nikolai's former partners. Loves music and to sing, expressed by her resonating in every form she has to any melody she finds pleasing.
    Inner World: Et Voluem

Shikai: "Sing Across the Ages!"
    Description: Two large (5' long approx. and a foot wide) tubural tuning fork/hand bells
    Power(s): Allows Lox, to create and control sonic vibration, mainly launching balls of sonic force, increasing the power of his weapon blows via concussive force or rending portions of the battlefield to better suit his straight-shot sonic shot tactics.

Bankai: Sanus Magnus Aerugo: Orchestra Exterminatore
    Description: Colossal pipe organ with more pipes from the organ plunging into the ground
    Power(s): As Lox plays the organs, sonic force is built within the pipes and the pipes planted into the ground grow beneath the battlefield. Four of the larger pipes simply bend at odd angles to launch powerful sonic blasts, a slot at the base capable of launching a radial wave of force to ward off short-range enemies until the final attack, "Cecinere Querelam Oblivioni",Dirge of Oblivion, in which the underground pipes, having ringed the battlefield completely, erupt from the ground and produce complementary sonic waves in increasing volume, crushing an ripping apart the adversary with counter-complementary sonic booms and a whirling vortex of variant pressures.
    "Entaris is a walking dynamo of chaos. Wherever he shows up, people take aggravated." -Acanous

"The starting condition for this game is alone and lost in the woods. Not driving your lion-drawn chariot through the thick forest during a thunderstorm." -Jakarta

Good Luck. Have Fun. Much Explosion.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Question, when you say 'Head Researcher', do you mean he's Captain of a division? Because that position's taken.

He could be a fairly high seated officer, though.

Finally, what level of release does he know?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Bugbear in the Playground

Here!
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf