New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1495
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

I'm here to.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Question, when you say 'Head Researcher', do you mean he's Captain of a division? Because that position's taken.

He could be a fairly high seated officer, though.

Finally, what level of release does he know?
    "Head Researcher" is the SSI term for "Seated Officer."

Apparently they don't use terms like "Seated Officer" or "Captain" because they're too mainstream.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Question, when you say 'Head Researcher', do you mean he's Captain of a division?
    Actually, it is equivalent rank to Vice-Captain. Sawada held the title until lately. I'm okay with Lox assuming it, I'm just waiting for Tebryn's feedback & Lox entering the game.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Bugbear in the Playground

Still here. A little lack of forum won't take me out.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

5. - Top - End - #1025

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well it's been a solid week since really ANYONE's been able to post, and that can kill RP's pretty easily.

If you're in this RP, even if you're still waiting on someone or typing up an IC post or working on your character, could you just post something quick in this thread just so we know who's available?
    Still here.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Still here as well, will post soon as possible.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #1027

SolithKnightGuy

I'm still interested in joining. Here's my initial character setup for Calvin Thursdan, 3rd seat of the Recon division.

Calvin Thurstan
    Spoiler
    Show

Age: Died in his mid thirties in 1863. Makes him about 150 since his death.
    Station: Shinigami, Seated Reconnaissance Officer.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Calvin stands at 5'11" and is lightly built, with dark red-brown skin and curly hair he keeps short at all times. He typically wears the regular Shinigami uniform while in Soul Society, though he often switches into more casual clothing while scouting in the Mortal World. Even in Soul Society, he tends to wear a wide-brimmed hat while outdoors.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Calvin is quiet and observant, as befitting his position as a member of the recon division. He quickly evaluates the situation before reacting or speaking, but he knows that often it is better to think of a plan quickly than spend time to come up with the best course of action. He prefers caution, often fleeing from unnecessary battles. When he does commit to a fight, he acts pragmatically, often seeking to end the fight as quickly as possible. He's also an avid explorer, interested in travelling around to as many places as possible.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Calvin spent the first few decades of his death exploring Soul Society and the world beyond it. While he can't remember his previous life, he retained much of the survival and scouting skills he had. During this time, he overheard some Shinigami talking about the Mortal World and Hueco Mundo, and decided to join the Shinigami Academy to further his exploration into those areas.
    Upon graduation, he was appointed to the Mortal World, allowing him great freedom to explore. He spent years there, travelling whenever he was allowed to. Since the great war 50 years ago and the formation of the 6 current divisions, he's been working his way up through the ranks of Recon, eventually getting placed as the third seat just recently.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing yet in here.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Calvin's main skills are stealth and tracking. He's a master of Shunpo, and skilled with some Kido. He's more proficient with Bakuto than Hado, particularly ones that focus on tracking and aid in escape. While he's a competent fighter, he prefers to avoid melee, using his Shikai and Shunpo to remain at range from his opponents.

Zanpakuto: Wandering Traveller
    Spoiler
    Show

Description: In its sealed form, Traveller is a heavy, double-edged tanto. It has no cross guard and the hilt is plain wood.
    Spirit: Traveller's spirit is a figure clad in baggy, form concealing clothing. Calvin cannot even tell if the figure is male or female. Their hair is bound underneath a large hat and their lower face is concealed with a bandana. They typically wear heavy gloves, boots, baggy pants and a long coat that is always closed.
    Traveller is almost always silent, simply walking with Calvin through his Inner World, sometimes leading, sometimes following.
    Inner World: A large, wild expanse of the American west. Old trails lead back and forth across the landscape, canyons form huge expanses, only sometimes crossed by bridges, and large hills and mountain ranges can be found on occasion. Calvin has been exploring this world for decades with Traveller. He suspects that certain key places here are somehow connected to his previous life, and that such locations will be involved with unlocking his Bankai. He finally unlocked his Shikai after wrestling a pistol away from Traveller in the ruins of a small town. While there was no sign of any people there recently, he found one house that contained several pictures that resembled him. All were severely damaged, leaving only his face clearly visible.
    He's recently found himself on a trail that seems to have some signs of civilization again. Occasional broken down wagons or abandoned farms dot the trail, and Calvin wonders what he will find along it.

Shikai: Draw, Wandering Traveller.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Calvin sheaths his tanto on his right hip and places his palm on the bottom of the hilt. As he speaks the command phrase, the dagger transforms into a six shot revolver.
    Traveller gains the ability to fire bullets of compressed spiritual energy. Calvin has six "shots" with this before Traveller returns to its sealed form, but each shot can consist of multiple weak bullets or a single, more powerful shot. Calvin can modulate the power of each individual bullet, and he doesn't need to fire all of the energy from a single shot each time he pulls the trigger. However, he must use up a full shot before he can move to the next one. This means that he has to be careful how he uses his shots. If he leaves a very small amount of energy in one shot, he cannot make a more powerful bullet until he empties it and the cylinder moves to the next shot.
    These bullets are capable of tracking and following their targets, depending on their strength. Weaker bullets move slower, but are better at turning and following, while more powerful shots cannot turn to follow their targets.

Bankai: <not gained yet>
    Last edited by shaddy_24; 2013-04-29 at 12:34 PM.
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

No, Hinata is not good at lying.

Or letting a lie pass without comment, even if it's a necessary one. Mostly because she's not good at letting incorrect statements pass without comment in general.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    There is an intentional lack of any conclusive evidence regarding the subject, because I couldn't decide when making the character, and when I put up a vote, it came up as a draw.

You are free to think of Li as either. For the record, I think Nonoha Shigure adresses Li as "grandmother", while Kiba-san thinks of Li as "he".
    Honored Grandmother actually

Quote Originally Posted by Entaris View Post
    Lox Nyctores
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5' 10"
    Weight:155lbs
    Station: Gotei Head Researcher

Description:

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like to think in fractals and progressions, like a musical composer blended with a computer and a wheel rolling downhill. Sometimes begins speaking speed increases along with thought process, and colleagues have learned to let him know when he's unintelligible. Usually beneficial to social groupings, unless contested, then ruthlessly seeks victory.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A promising student of Nikolai Tesla, the man who became Lox ventured his considerable mind into the realm of sound and theoretical harnessing of sonic force, which he named Vi Sonus. Died in the fire of Tesla's home and labs. Came to Soul Society with mind set on projects yet unfinished and hasn't stopped inventing since.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Built both a Lightning Cannon (which is really just a Kidou amplifier tuned to Lightning-Type Hado (usually mounted to a wall or structure) and a smaller version for riot control known colloquially as the "Push and Stay Gun" as it amplifies Force-Type and Paralyze-Type Bakudo (about rifle size, fits over the forearm). Saw use in the field and at home against a range of subjec- er, oppositional forces. Has been lobbying for mass production and issuance to the guard and Security Team. Conducting experiments into deflection using pressurized sound waves.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pros:
    Zanjutsu
    His Zanpakuto adding a kind of "Sound Blade" effect in Sealed form, Lox prefers maneuvers like Hozuri and Hitotsume: Nadegiri, as all he must do is be precise, the pressurized soundwave Sanus Aerugo projects a few inches ahead of the blade does the damage itself.

Kido:
    Can use most at a moderate to skilled level. Prefers to use Sho and Seki to distance his opponents and to ring Sanus Aerugo when nothing else is available.
    When Sanus Aerugo is in Shikai, Lox likes to finish a fight combining his personal version of Hyapporankan, in which the rods of crystallized spirit particles (which are highly resonant) land between himself and the opponent. He then strikes the rods and directs the geometrically increasing vibrations into one giant sonic blast he dubs "Finem Carminis", The End of the Song

Lox Nyctores is also a prominent Hakuda practitioner, enjoying the art enough to build sonic amplifier armlets to improve the power of his punches, especially his not-quite-mastered Ikkotsu and his just-stopped-hurting-himself-during-it Sokutsu. Favored Technique: Tessho.

Zanpakuto: Sanus Aerugo
    Description: Bastard sword with two tines that ring like a tuning fork.
    Spirit: Acts as Lox's Muse. Very protective of her Wielder and jealous of women, suspecting they are trying to steal his work, born of Lox's latent suspicions of Nikolai's former partners. Loves music and to sing, expressed by her resonating in every form she has to any melody she finds pleasing.
    Inner World: Et Voluem

Shikai: "Sing Across the Ages!"
    Description: Two large (5' long approx. and a foot wide) tubural tuning fork/hand bells
    Power(s): Allows Lox, to create and control sonic vibration, mainly launching balls of sonic force, increasing the power of his weapon blows via concussive force or rending portions of the battlefield to better suit his straight-shot sonic shot tactics.

Bankai: Sanus Magnus Aerugo: Orchestra Exterminatore
    Description: Colossal pipe organ with more pipes from the organ plunging into the ground
    Power(s): As Lox plays the organs, sonic force is built within the pipes and the pipes planted into the ground grow beneath the battlefield. Four of the larger pipes simply bend at odd angles to launch powerful sonic blasts, a slot at the base capable of launching a radial wave of force to ward off short-range enemies until the final attack, "Cecinere Querelam Oblivioni",Dirge of Oblivion, in which the underground pipes, having ringed the battlefield completely, erupt from the ground and produce complementary sonic waves in increasing volume, crushing an ripping apart the adversary with counter-complementary sonic booms and a whirling vortex of variant pressures.
    Looks good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    "Head Researcher" is the SSI term for "Seated Officer."

Apparently they don't use terms like "Seated Officer" or "Captain" because they're too mainstream.
    I changed them because

1. They weren't a Division before the restructuring and thus didn't go by Gotei standards.

2. I wanted the to feel unique.

3. Artistic License

4. The naming follows the same structure as Unseated, Seated, Vice Captain, Captain on their write up.

5. As been said, Head Researcher is Vice Captain.

You'll forgive me for all three.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

That's fair enough, it's an interesting little quirk. I just didn't recognise the term.

Incidentally, like I said last night, Tebryn, just PM me the Quincy Dead Family name you want to use. :)

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The current Quincy write-up says Europe and Asia.

Would an American Quincy Family be acceptable?

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

An American Quincy Family would be fine. Keep in mind that the Quincy were founded before the US was a nation in its own right, so that might affect their outlook somewhat- would they have moved to America since the Founding, or have lived there at the time?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

Out of interest, does anyone take inspiration from fanfics for characters or how they make abilities work?

The fic A Protector's Pride has a couple of tidbits I've found interesting (mostly in the author's notes).

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

I can honestly say I have never read a single bit of fanfic in my entire life. I suppose...this game is fanfic of some kind. But I've never read it.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, not from fanfiction but I got Tamaki's abilities from a quest on 4chan tg called Joker quest. I just modified the powers a little.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

...Is there not a GM or something? I'm seeing alot of wall-o text, but not alot of cohesion.
    "Entaris is a walking dynamo of chaos. Wherever he shows up, people take aggravated." -Acanous

"The starting condition for this game is alone and lost in the woods. Not driving your lion-drawn chariot through the thick forest during a thunderstorm." -Jakarta

Good Luck. Have Fun. Much Explosion.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, no GM. We work out the storylines as we go along.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #1038

...Is there not a GM or something? I'm seeing alot of wall-o text, but not alot of cohesion.
    This isn't just ANY freeform. This is a freeform universe! We don't get run by one person, we work together to make the story.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ettin in the Playground

@shaddy_24: Calvin looks great. Feel free to put him in our registry. Welcome onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    I can honestly say I have never read a single bit of fanfic in my entire life. I suppose...this game is fanfic of some kind. But I've never read it.
    I've not read much either, but I got to say a certain Bleach fanfic, called "Hammered Down", did leave an impact on me.

There is no true GM. The game is largely self-directed by players. Larger plot outlines are discussed here in OOC.

The lack of cohesion results from the fact that there are multiple scenes, taking place in multiple locations. Tracking invidual scenes might be a bit hard at first, but to ease that, we use location tags. After you've read a few pages and gotten a hang of who's who, it's pretty easy to keep track of everyone.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh...well, in that case I may have to withdraw due to I have no desire to wade through a veritable quagmire of wall-o-text driven by a million different minds all trying to make themselves the main character and be invincibly awesome in order to see if someone just HAPPENED to deign my actions worthy of interaction.

Just not my game style.
    "Entaris is a walking dynamo of chaos. Wherever he shows up, people take aggravated." -Acanous

"The starting condition for this game is alone and lost in the woods. Not driving your lion-drawn chariot through the thick forest during a thunderstorm." -Jakarta

Good Luck. Have Fun. Much Explosion.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

Awww, that's a pity. I still recommend you give it a shot first, but it's your choice.

22. - Top - End - #1042

Oh...well, in that case I may have to withdraw due to I have no desire to wade through a veritable quagmire of wall-o-text driven by a million different minds all trying to make themselves the main character and be invincibly awesome in order to see if someone just HAPPENED to deign my actions worthy of interaction.

Just not my game style.

Way to make it seem awful without pointing out any of its good points.

I mean, I'm not arguing with you at all. If you don't feel like reading up on the necessary info in order to play, then I agree you shouldn't, and if you don't feel you have the capability of working with others without a mediator telling you what to do, then again, don't.

But it isn't anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be, and we as a community keep an eye on everyone so that things run smoothly and everyone works together properly.

And we aren't all trying to be the main character. We all ARE the main character. It's not like this is all just one plot where everyone needs to be the center of attention. We all have our own separate plots going on, that as a whole, work towards a larger, encompassing plot.

This isn't just a game, with one plot. It's a universe.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Should I wait for Kiba to arrive at the fight scene between Li and Sho? Would an interruption in the actual fight be necessary/acceptable?

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ettin in the Playground

The fight is still open. Though unless Kiba crashes through a window, he'll bump into Sawada's back first. (Only one door to the room.)

As for what Kiba should do... that's your decision.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Just not my game style.
    Uhm, apologies if I sound mean, but please don't use "Just not my game style" after using sarcasm and loaded language to insult us. If you do not like a community-driven game without a one-plot focus and where one's importance and interaction with the overarching plot is determined more akin to an MMORPG than a single-player-driven RPG, then just say so. Don't call our game a quaqmire of wall-of text, accuse everybody of playing only to be the main character and invincible, and don't accuse us of slighting you if we are not forced to interact with your characters. It is rather hurtful and implies that you consider us beneath you, which "just my style" does not excuse away.

Apologies again. m(_ _)m
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    The fight is still open. Though unless Kiba crashes through a window, he'll bump into Sawada's back first. (Only one door to the room.)

As for what Kiba should do... that's your decision.
    He is looking for them both. Two birds with one stone really.

@Entaris: That's a shame. I hope you can find a game you'll enjoy, sad that it isn't this one.

27. - Top - End - #1047

OrcBarbarianGuy

*twiddles thumbs waiting for things to happen in Hueco Mundo*

*continues twiddling thumbs waiting for the anomalous humans on earth to stop talking and do something*

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

The forums were down for a week so things are still picking up. The cool thing about this game is your character can be in more than one scene at once. There's a scene going on with the S.S.I at the Academy Grounds and I'll be starting a scene here when I have some time off from work.

29. - Top - End - #1049

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm aware of the forum being down, it was quite distressing not being able to GM my other campaigns.

Anyhow, Ean is a newcomer to Las Noches so there's not much he can actually do. Ryuu is similarly unconnected and was dispatched to the mortal world, and I prefer maintaining a clearer timeline for myself. I can't work on research because there ought to be a more steady progression of discovery, and I would prefer not to get tangled up with what's happening in the academy. I shall wait and see what you are starting though.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

I was trying to get you integrated into the plot by sending Ryuu off to the mortal world. It can be hard to break into the established game as a new player. You can disregard it with what ever RP reason you wish if it gets you more into the stream of things faster.