New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1495
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution (Setup And Discussion)

Bob, Natsuki called herself a Fullbring, not a Quincy.

Now, if Kenzan is good at picking a lie, the sisters between themselves gave more than enough tells to pick that one, but he can't tell what the truth is I don't think.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-04-30 at 03:25 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Bob, Natsuki called herself a Fullbring, not a Quincy.

Now, if Kenzan is good at picking a lie, the sisters between themselves gave more than enough tells to pick that one, but he can't tell what the truth is I don't think.
    My bad, I'll edit that.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    The fight is still open. Though unless Kiba crashes through a window, he'll bump into Sawada's back first. (Only one door to the room.)

As for what Kiba should do... that's your decision.
    Well there is also the hole that got knocked through the wall, depending on size. Planing to use it as Sho's escape hatch (if needed, and able) but whether Kiba would fit are not would be up to DiscipleofBob

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Still here, was out of town and away from computer when the site went down so...ya.
    Oh, me too!

I was out of town and unable to connect to the internet.

Fortunately, that gave me time to think more about my 3 male characters:

First, a Shinigami who so very close to unlocking Shikkai.
    Peredur
    Fair with magic, especially healing magic. He is from one of the Noble Families. Motivation: “I need to be stronger so no one else will die.”
    Was studying and learning to assist Central 46 (or whatever it's called...Soul Society Politics stuff) (He has a relative in Central 46) until the attack on Soul Society. Then, he suddenly changed his goals to join up with the Shinigami.
    His Shikkai will be related to mirrors - reflective powers.

Now, an Arrancar who has been already introduced and defeated.
    Lugaru: Very werewolf-like (as opposed to wolf-like). Resurreccion is a lycan. Medium-powered Arrancar who is very confident in his abilities. Specifics to come.

Finally, my Quincy character who I mentioned way at the beginning of the thread:
    "Prince Charming": Quincy. Sword and shield. Thinks all Spirits should stay out and leave alone the Mortal World, and that the mortals can take care of themselves.
    I previously said I would avoid fleshing him out until there was a mortal faction going about, and, now that there are Quincy factions existing, that's perfect. Which Quincy House would align more with his point of view?

Now that the website's online and I have access to the Internet, I can make actual character registry stuff about them.

Are there any comments or suggestions about them?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Finally, my Quincy character who I mentioned way at the beginning of the thread:
    "Prince Charming": Quincy. Sword and shield. Thinks all Spirits should stay out and leave alone the Mortal World, and that the mortals can take care of themselves.
    I previously said I would avoid fleshing him out until there was a mortal faction going about, and, now that there are Quincy factions existing, that's perfect. Which Quincy House would align more with his point of view?
    One of the ones not-yet-made. The Akiyama certainly don't, so feel free to make your own House, since that's the intention when I left the remaining three undefined.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Dwarf in the Playground

It seems we only have three actual Espada, so there isn't really anyone for Azmus to gather other than Valentina. Should the other actual named Arrancar show up as well, or...? Also, speaking of which, I have a write-up for Baatar, another arrancar that showed up earlier. I figured I'd post him here first to make sure he's all right.

Baatar “Bear” Baabgai
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 6’ 0”
    Weight: 200
    Side: Hueco Mundo
    Aspect of Death: Mauling

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baatar is a hulk of a man, both tall and wide. He is covered with extremely well developed muscle, is completely bald, and quite tan. He also has multiple scars, including five parallel ones on his chest, extending from his right shoulder to his lowest left rib. His dark brown eyes look almost black. His mask fragment consists of the lower jaw of a bear affixed in pieces to his lower jaw, and his hollow hole is just below his sternum. In the way of clothing, Baatar typically wears the top half of a bear skull on his left shoulder like a pauldron, attached with black leather straps. He also has on baggy white pants and a black sash. He typically goes without shoes or a shirt.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baatar is a quiet man, preferring not to talk unless completely necessary. When he does, his voice is very low, almost hard to understand. He is very serious, and hardly ever jokes. That being said, he is not normally an angry man. He tends to be quite calm, unless threatened. Before he died, Baatar was a highly trained Mongolian warrior, and some of his training is still ingrained in his memory. Because of this, he is good at taking orders from those he sees as higher ranked than him, although he occasionally resents it. That being said, if Baatar sees himself as stronger than the person giving orders, he is much more resistant.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baatar is very strong, and extremely proficient in hand to hand combat. While not very fast, Baatar is capable of short surges of speed, and is also fairly difficult to damage or tire. While he can perform Sonido, he finds it extremely difficult, and tends not to use it unless necessary.
    Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Gobi
    Gobi consists of a pair of crude, mitten-like gauntlets made almost entirely of what appears to be hardened leather.
    Resurreccion: Rip them to shreds, Gobi.: Baatar brings his fists together and roars like a bear as he is shrouded in green leaves. As the leaves fall, it can be seen that Bataar is now wearing a bear pelt with the bear’s head on top of his own. He is completely covered in leather armor, and his gauntlets, now each have three short metal claws. In this form, Bataar’s strength roughly doubles, and he becomes much harder to hurt. He also goes into a rage, which he can only leave if he or his opponent becomes incapacitated.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Sawada did mention Quincy actually. Also...the Quincy.

Wiede Bosch
    Height: 5' 9''
    Weight: 190 lb
    Side:

Appearance: An older man and showing his age, Wiede dresses smartly in suits along with a well maintained close trimmed beard and mustache slowly turning white. His dark blue eyes seem clouded, well worn wrinkles etched into his flesh. Never seen without a cane, the old man seems worn by age.

Personality: Wiede Bosch has lived almost a century living by his wits, the scion of a devastated Quincy family. Outwardly kind and generous, Bosch harbors a deep hatred for the spiritual world and the Quincy he feels abandoned his family to die.

Abilities: Perhaps owing to his spiritual nature Bosch is still rather spry when needed. Relaying heavily on his skills honed by years of training, Bosch is a master with both Blut Vene and Arterie though with his advanced age rarely uses them so as not to strain his physical body. Bosch's spiritual weapon has not been seen in years, some within the Quincy community claiming he's lost the ability to create one.

History:
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-05-01 at 02:43 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Sawada did mention Quincy actually.
    Um. Not sure what this is referring to.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-05-01 at 01:37 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

Um. Not sure what this is referring to.
    I'm editing in my Quincy character.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, I was referring to the 'Sawada did mention the Quincy' remark.

Bosch is the name of the Dead Family you're going for?

Incidentally, I'm fine with any of the other characters in the classroom having picked that the girls weren't being entirely honest and going to chase up on that in private.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-05-01 at 01:38 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

Good question! Look, there's a pikachu!

12. - Top - End - #1062

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    It seems we only have three actual Espada, so there isn't really anyone for Azmus to gather other than Valentina. Should the other actual named Arrancar show up as well, or...?
    Fracción are also allowed, but not every named Arrancar.

Additionally, if anyone is interested in/willing to make an Espada, now is an excellent time. I can progress with what I have, however.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I've decided Kiba isn't too worried about Li in the Li VS Sho fight. If the Captain of the Medical Division gets beaten by poison, Soul Society is in worse shape than he could imagine.

I'll do a full Quincy character profile once there's a reason for Quincies to get called into the main storyline. Say if Quincies are being rallied to the city for some reason.

The basic concept is that in the 19th century, a lone Quincy ventured into the wild west to seek both his fortune and the many negative spirits that inhabited the old west. He eventually found a family and started a small town in Texas, one that his descendents now inhabit.

The Quincy character I have in mind would be a direct descendent of the lone Quincy and will have inherited his pistols, two blessed revolvers named Law and Order. I'm working on the exact powerset, but the basics are that they can be fired with Quincy-generated projectiles and the bullets can travel along nonlinear paths, but the bullet path has to be determined by the shooter before firing. There's no altering it mid-flight. On top of that there would be the potential for various trick shots, as well as specially forged bullets.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

"A toxin, to be exact, combined with what is either a viral pathogen or a venom."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

So, your Quincy concept is a member of one of the 'vassal' families rather than the Big Four?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

So, your Quincy concept is a member of one of the 'vassal' families rather than the Big Four?
    Probably. Unless you want one of the Big Four families to end up being based in North America, at which point the backstory concept would be how the family first settled that part of the world.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fine either way, like I said.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

Twins' profile updated with a picture and translations for Hinata's profile. All thanks go to Kasanip for both.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #1069

SolithKnightGuy

Hey Bob, I was looking through the earlier parts of this thread and saw an idea from you to have Kiba lead a squad into Hueco Mundo on a scouting mission. I think Calvin would be an ideal candidate for the Recon representative for that. Still interested in going in that direction?
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by shaddy_24 View Post
    Hey Bob, I was looking through the earlier parts of this thread and saw an idea from you to have Kiba lead a squad into Hueco Mundo on a scouting mission. I think Calvin would be an ideal candidate for the Recon representative for that. Still interested in going in that direction?
    If it happens. The whole attack at the academy put a delay on that idea for now, but maybe once Kiba talks things over with Li and Sawada.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

@VC, Kevak and such: I do understand that my opinion may have stepped on a few toes, and that some prefer this method of play over others. I am simply stating that, in my prior experience, that is what these games become the player is also being every other thing in each and every scene. I'm only observing that, naturally, one with ultimate control of their surroundings will, either consciously or subconsciously, tilt interactions and causality (usually controlled by an impartial third person GM) in their favour. I know I do, and that reason, along with feeling as though I need to think as every character 'on screen' at the same time, causes me to lose sight of the entertainment value of the game in lieu of trying to keep the scene balanced.

Hence, my trepidation.
    "Entaris is a walking dynamo of chaos. Wherever he shows up, people take aggravated." -Acanous

"The starting condition for this game is alone and lost in the woods. Not driving your lion-drawn chariot through the thick forest during a thunderstorm." -Jakarta

Good Luck. Have Fun. Much Explosion.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Entaris View Post
    @VC, Kevak and such: I do understand that my opinion may have stepped on a few toes, and that some prefer this method of play over others. I am simply stating that, in my prior experience, that is what these games become the player is also being every other thing in each and every scene. I'm only observing that, naturally, one with ultimate control of their surroundings will, either consciously or subconsciously, tilt interactions and causality (usually controlled by an impartial third person GM) in their favour. I know I do, and that reason, along with feeling as though I need to think as every character 'on screen' at the same time, causes me to lose sight of the entertainment value of the game in lieu of trying to keep the scene balanced.

Hence, my trepidation.
    Despite all this, you cast judgement rather swiftly on a community you just joined in a manner that...well we'll just say it was less than kind and certainly gives me on a personal level some trepidation. The largest fight we've had so far in game has ended with both sides suffering heavily. That in my personal experience in how these things tend to go. No one character exists in a vacuum and if conflict arises it's discussed before things happen in game so every side is accepting of it. This of course is hard to see in a day or two. I'm not going to try and convince you to stay really though. If this game isn't your style...it's not your style and I'd rather you be happy out of the game than miserable in it. Perhaps that comes off harsh but it's the truth. If you're not happy then it's not going to be a fun experience to write with you since this game is a co-operative event.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-05-02 at 02:04 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd rather you not discuss the overarching nature or merits of freeform here. It's not really what this OOC is for.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

Rhyvurg, comments on your character.

First, what you've got for Bankai would more properly be what's called out for Shikai. Just saying.

Secondly, the role is as a teacher, but he's referred to as a Captain in his profile. You might want to make some edits to make things clear.

On another note, I might write up a couple more members of the Akiyama clan, more NPC-like than Hinata or Natsuki are. Probably their parents and their grandmother (a.k.a. the Akiyama family head).

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Troll in the Playground

Weren't you the one who said his bankai is remarkably powerful?
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm talking about the 'call this out to release', not the abilities. Both of those comments were more being pedantic than anything else.

In terms of abilities for the Bankai, a suggestion- make it so that a crack in the armor might make him more vulnerable to stuff like being drowned.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Troll in the Playground

I am expanding it to include a list of in-canon things than can notably damage it. Lesser effects can as well, but to such a small degree it would take them a long time to cause visible damage, much less a hole.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

@Rhyvurg: Hey, Rhyvurg, welcome to the game. Minor complaint though. Multiple people have already stated that the hollows who attacked were all destroyed by Sho and that no more were found. Saying that Sato found and bound some left behind kind of retcons that unless he found them outside of Seireitei, independent of the attack.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

AnimeKid, do you want Tamaki to get found? Natsuki's pretty alert spiritually, but on the other hand, this is more the 'heard a twig snap' type of reaction.

I suppose what would make the scene more interesting narratively would be better... thoughts?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I would be okay with it. I mean, I just don't want to cause too much character conflict to the point where nothing can get done because the characters absolutely loathe each other.

As for the hearing a twig snap part? Tamaki is ascribing to the fact that if something thinks they saw you and says come out, don't come out. Basically psyching out someones senses.

SO yeah since it would help the scene play out better I'm okay with it. So can I also get your opinion on something Horngeek? I was thinking somewhere down the line of having Tamaki fall for one of the Akiyama twins. Mostly because it would be a fun little subversion of the girl falls for cold/frosty/stoic guy trope. Also because it could help pull Tamaki out of his little shell of ice more.