New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony LI: FE

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    You're all doing this on purpose to troll me, aren't you?
    Yes. Seeing as I haven't participated before now though, I hope I'm doing a suitably terrible troll job?

Also, Bleakbane. Could you or Hopereaver teleport this here gaggle of ponies home? I'm suddenly gunshy.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

You're all doing this on purpose to troll me, aren't you?
    I think thats a "yes".

Also, time to keep the Lich happy!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Yes. Seeing as I haven't participated before now though, I hope I'm doing a suitably terrible troll job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    I think thats a "yes".
    I guess that's what I get for teasing

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

That's the spirit, paint those modals!
    Unfortunately, it's got a bit like that painting 'em now. I've got sufficently good (mostly through sheer dint of practice1) that it's actually hard work nowadays. So I do find it more of a chore than used to years ago! Mind you, even then, I painted as much to get it done than from the fun of painting... I've always held my models are painted to wargames standard (i.e. optimal viewing distance is about 3-4 feet), but it's just a slightly higher wargames standard now.

Also, Bleakbane. Could you or Hopereaver teleport this here gaggle of ponies home? I'm suddenly gunshy.
    Hopereaver?

On it boss. This way ponies all...

Spoiler
    Show
    HUZZAH!

Yup. Her name is Eden Aspect. She used to be known long ago by a different name, starting with D
    Deleterious?

Desparation?

Daspletosaurus?

Waitwaitwait...

Dock Dastardly?

I guess that's what I get for teasing
    Eeeyup.

1The lads used to say my models were dipped, rather than painted, but a while back they grudgingly admitted that I was actually good now...!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-13 at 04:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Remember Midnight, the sultry, sassy daughter of Twilight/Trixie/Luna?
    Yes.

Have you ever seen the Gestalt Form transformation ofthe Shiva Sisters?
    No.

A teaser for my next big fanfic, entitled II (click for description)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cool! But, [Dark] tag. No me gusta.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    So, I found this thing and decided to share.
    Spoiler
    Show

You can find more in this gallery; scroll to the bottom and the next page for the matching ponies.
    Steampunk pony image dump time! (all from this gallery)
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Oh, are we doing best pony again? David is coolest pony, Twi is best pony, and Pinkie is me-est pony.
    David?

Yup. Her name is Eden Aspect. She used to be known long ago by a different name, starting with D
    Deadly?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Good-bye.

Thanqol used to enjoy making ponies cry with his fics. Does it still count if he's only making OC's cry using his own OC's?

Spoiler
    Show

I think this particular OC of mine might be a little bit of a drama queen. But then, she is a vampire unicorn princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    What's a mentally balance?
    A rare and precious thing, so I am told.

Also, Hoity Toity looks amazing, or at least very good. Today is a good day.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-08-13 at 05:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Deleterious?

Desparation?

Daspletosaurus?

Waitwaitwait...

Dock Dastardly?
    One of those has most of the right letters in it

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Cool! But, [Dark] tag. No me gusta.
    Probably not much darker than LotR or Harry Potter. It's got war with everything that means (ponies getting hurt and such, big meaningful struggles with real consequences), but aside from that it's just a regular heroic romantic tale. Certainly not grimdark or Cupcakes or anything.

I've always found it curious that people who probably have no problem with LotR or Harry Potter claim to not like similar stories just because it involves ponies. Is it because "Dark" makes it sound worse than it probably is? Would "Suspense" or something else work better as a tag?

Or is it really because stories about ponies can't have anyone getting hurt or even dying? Are we limited to fights where the enemies are only stunned or knocked out? I mean, that's fine for the show, but I like to think you can write a good story about ponies with a little more edge, maturity and darkness, certainly without it becoming Cupcakes.

Deadly?

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Probably not much darker than LotR or Harry Potter. It's got war with everything that means (ponies getting hurt and such, big meaningful struggles with real consequences), but aside from that it's just a regular heroic romantic tale. Certainly not grimdark or Cupcakes or anything.

I've always found it curious that people who probably have no problem with LotR or Harry Potter claim to not like similar stories just because it involves ponies. Is it because "Dark" makes it sound worse than it probably is? Would "Suspense" or something else work better as a tag?

Or is it really because stories about ponies can't have anyone getting hurt or even dying? Are we limited to fights where the enemies are only stunned or knocked out? I mean, that's fine for the show, but I like to think you can write a good story about ponies with a little more edge, maturity and darkness, certainly without it becoming Cupcakes.
    Everything is relative.
    Later Harry Potter, or LOTR are quite dark stories sometimes, this only stands out more when that same level of content involves innocent, pastel coloured ponies.

There's nothing wrong with such stories, but it's equally valid that people might not want to read stories like that, featuring ponies. So, yeah, Dark is accurate, I think, and a tag worth keeping.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Everything is relative.
    Later Harry Potter, or LOTR are quite dark stories sometimes, this only stands out more when that same level of content involves innocent, pastel coloured ponies.

There's nothing wrong with such stories, but it's equally valid that people might not want to read stories like that, featuring ponies. So, yeah, Dark is accurate, I think, and a tag worth keeping.
    People are certainly free to prefer more innocent stories, and I do agree the Dark tag is useful and proper for some stories, but should a LotR-like story really be called Dark just because it involves ponies or is something else more fitting in that case? I'm not convinced that "Dark" is a fitting tag for LotR, even though it does involve war and a few characters dying.

The problem is I think in many cases when someone dismisses a story because it's tagged as "dark", they dismiss a story which they would actually have really enjoyed, just to avoid those stories that actually are really dark and that they wouldn't enjoy.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Dang, these are all really cool. I think I like Fluttershy's the best.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

People are certainly free to prefer more innocent stories, and I do agree the Dark tag is useful and proper for some stories, but should a LotR-like story really be called Dark just because it involves ponies or is something else more fitting in that case? I'm not convinced that "Dark" is a fitting tag for LotR, even though it does involve war and a few characters dying.

The problem is I think in many cases when someone dismisses a story because it's tagged as "dark", they dismiss a story which they would actually have really enjoyed, just to avoid those stories that actually are really dark and that they wouldn't enjoy.
    New tag; Darkish?
    -ish is a word bit I find incredibly useful.

Alternatively, just being careful of how you write the synopsis should help with these things, I guess?

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    New tag; Darkish?
    -ish is a word bit I find incredibly useful.

Alternatively, just being careful of how you write the synopsis should help with these things, I guess?
    Light Dark? I actually think I saw a story or two on EqD tagged as such, or similarly. Can't do that on FiMFiction, though

A good synopsis is probably one of the more important parts of getting proper recognition and drawing in the right readers for the story, but I'm sure a lot of people completely ignore stories based solely on tags. I've had at least a few people tell me that they wouldn't normally have read Fillystata because it was a horror/dark story, but that they read it anyway and really liked it. I just think it's a little sad if people miss something they would really enjoy just because of the tags.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

One of those has most of the right letters in it

Adventure might work better for a tag. But is it more or less dark then Fillystrata and by how much?

Also how central is the romance aspect?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Blinks into existence. Falls through the open sky, unconscious.*

*This plays.

*Maxtronaut's eyes bolt open.*

*SONIC BOOM!*

*Hits ground at Mach 7.*

Resulting crater.

Hey guys. What'd I miss?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Is it because "Dark" makes it sound worse than it probably is?
    I think this is it, at least for me. Dark tends to connote subjects like death and violence, and such. Anything that involves death of ponies (especially the mane 6) is stuff I stay the hell away from. I understand that I am probably thinking more of grimdark, but where is the distiction between that and regular dark? Where's the line?

As I mentioned before around here, I like MLP because it makes me happy, which I why I steer clear of this stuff. That's not to say I haven't liked some of it (I read the Pinkamena tumblr despite the nausious feelings it caused) but these are more exceptions than rules.

Alright, one more pony pic before bed:
    Spoiler
    Show

G'night all.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

16. - Top - End - #316

What the heck is that?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

17. - Top - End - #317
    Banned

Yes.

No.
    Alright then. I present to you...

The single most... innuendo-filled magical summon EVER.

I was raised on Harley Davidson though, so I've got a thing or motorcycles. Mileage an variance and all.

Spoiler
    Show

Me gusta! I think I seem some references for Charlotte's wardrobe.

a lot Of people like ponies specifically becaus they can have fun stories and adventures without darkness and violence and anger and war and death and evil it's just as valid as any other point of view. One could ask why you would include ponies in a dark story that doesn't really need them. It would work just as well with other characters, or even OCs, so why ponies?

Personally, I like your work. But uou will have detractors. Often they're just commenting "I don't like this flavor" rather than trying to be mean about it. That okay though, more for me

18. - Top - End - #318

A teaser for my next big fanfic, entitled II (click for description)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, the thing that first caught my attention was that you have two Rainbow Dashes, one of whom is wearing all six Elements of Harmony. You may proceed.

I think thats a "yes".

Spoiler
    Show
    My mind has shut down because it doesn't want to picture the logistics that must have preceded this picture.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Adventure might work better for a tag. But is it more or less dark then Fillystrata and by how much?

Also how central is the romance aspect?
    It's hard to say. Fillystata had a different feel, with little fillies getting murdered and all, more horror and "sinister darkness" while I'd say II is more about war and struggles. Probably not darker than Fillystata, though, but beyond that it's sort of apples vs oranges.

The romance aspect is definitely central. I wanted to write a deeper romance going through the developing stage, since my other stories have sort of skipped over it all rather quickly and just assumed an attraction and not spent much time on the romance. II is going to focus a lot on Dash's feelings, or at least it's my hope that I can pull that off.

I think this is it, at least for me. Dark tends to connote subjects like death and violence, and such. Anything that involves death of ponies (especially the mane 6) is stuff I stay the hell away from. I understand that I am probably thinking more of grimdark, but where is the distiction between that and regular dark? Where's the line?

As I mentioned before around here, I like MLP because it makes me happy, which I why I steer clear of this stuff. That's not to say I haven't liked some of it (I read the Pinkamena tumblr despite the nausious feelings it caused) but these are more exceptions than rules.
    It can be a fine line.

I won't try to convince you to read my story if it's not your kind of story. I just want to make sure as many as possible of those who would enjoy this story get the chance to read it, in spite of any tag-aversions.

a lot Of people like ponies specifically becaus they can have fun stories and adventures without darkness and violence and anger and war and death and evil it's just as valid as any other point of view. One could ask why you would include ponies in a dark story that doesn't really need them. It would work just as well with other characters, or even OCs, so why ponies?

Personally, I like your work. But uou will have detractors. Often they're just commenting "I don't like this flavor" rather than trying to be mean about it. That okay though, more for me
    Yeah

I do think some stories need the "darkness" and "edge". You can write a story without it, but it will be a fundamentally different experience to read. You can't achieve the same experience without the dark.

If someone honestly doesn't like the kind of story I write, then that's fine with me, I don't expect everyone to read it or like it. I just know there are some people who will dismiss it simply because of its tags, even though they would like it if they gave it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Okay, the thing that first caught my attention was that you have two Rainbow Dashes, one of whom is wearing all six Elements of Harmony. You may proceed.

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    *Blinks into existence. Falls through the open sky, unconscious.*

*This plays.

*Maxtronaut's eyes bolt open.*

*SONIC BOOM!*

*Hits ground at Mach 7.*

Resulting crater.

Hey guys. What'd I miss?
    Me and a certant poster have turned the roleplay into a writing contest.
    Also,
    [QUOTE][I do think some stories need the "darkness" and "edge". You can write a story without it, but it will be a fundamentally different experience to read. You can't achieve the same experience without the dark./QUOTE]

this is what I plan on doing to Clockwork in the next few chapter's in Clockwork.Like you could not tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    My mind has shut down because it doesn't want to picture the logistics that must have preceded this picture.
    Balmas EX has shut down. Reboot in Sane Mode? y/n
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    What the heck is that?
    I believe that would be the imperial Fausticorn.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

It's hard to say. Fillystata had a different feel, with little fillies getting murdered and all, more horror and "sinister darkness" while I'd say II is more about war and struggles. Probably not darker than Fillystata, though, but beyond that it's sort of apples vs oranges.

The romance aspect is definitely central. I wanted to write a deeper romance going through the developing stage, since my other stories have sort of skipped over it all rather quickly and just assumed an attraction and not spent much time on the romance. II is going to focus a lot on Dash's feelings, or at least it's my hope that I can pull that off.
    In that case it does need the Dark tag.

Alright good to know.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

23. - Top - End - #323

This is what I plan on doing to Clockwork in the next few chapter's in Clockwork. Like you could not tell.
    Oi!

*Teleports to Po's location. Shoves hoof in said necromancer's mouth.*

We're don't talk about stuff that hasn't been written yet out loud on the thread!
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Banned

Yeah

I do think some stories need the "darkness" and "edge". You can write a story without it, but it will be a fundamentally different experience to read. You can't achieve the same experience without the dark.

If someone honestly doesn't like the kind of story I write, then that's fine with me, I don't expect everyone to read it or like it. I just know there are some people who will dismiss it simply because of its tags, even though they would like it if they gave it a chance.
    I think it's more a matter of association. I can barely listen to music from
    About ten years ago because of a slew of bad mental connections. I think they just don't want to have Tragedy = Teilight Sparkle in their brains ANYWHERE. But I do agree, people who don't ever try things irk me. I've got a slew of those over in the Mass Effect thread; someone's all like "I don't ever use sniper rifles", and the answer to why not is "I don't snipe". When you point out that there are non-sniping "sniper rifles", such as the harpoon gun or th 3-round burst or the full auto one, you get "oh. But I don't use sniper rifles"

In the end it's up to any one person hat they're willing to do. I just get irked when old judge a thing they haven't tried. Personal peeve. So best compromise is we can have others review it when you're done, and let him know if it's too dark or not.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

About ten years ago because of a slew of bad mental connections. I think they just don't want to have Tragedy = Teilight Sparkle in their brains ANYWHERE. But I do agree, people who don't ever try things irk me. I've got a slew of those over in the Mass Effect thread; someone's all like "I don't ever use sniper rifles", and the answer to why not is "I don't snipe". When you point out that there are non-sniping "sniper rifles", such as the harpoon gun or th 3-round burst or the full auto one, you get "oh. But I don't use sniper rifles"

In the end it's up to any one person hat they're willing to do. I just get irked when old judge a thing they haven't tried. Personal peeve. So best compromise is we can have others review it when you're done, and let him know if it's too dark or not.
    Wait a tick. You can get a harpoon gun in Mass Effect? How and when? Unless it involves spoilers then don't tell me.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

About ten years ago because of a slew of bad mental connections. I think they just don't want to have Tragedy = Teilight Sparkle in their brains ANYWHERE.
    Something like this has recently been on my mind. I don't seem to have a problem separating these things. I mean, I read Cupcakes and I have no problem not thinking of that every time I see Pinkie eating a cupcake. I can if I want to, and sometimes I might remember it briefly but then just shrug it off. I can watch the show for what it is even if I've just read a story where ponies were gutting each other.

Same with the saucy stuff. I can watch the show without thinking of the ponies as "sexy", but I can easily switch to that mode if I feel like it.

I don't have to look at a cartoon pony and be instantly reminded of some saucy picture I saw, or a horror story I read. I find it curious that some people seem to have a harder time than other people with this kind of separation, I don't think Cupcakes would be as infamous if this wasn't so.

But I do agree, people who don't ever try things irk me. I've got a slew of those over in the Mass Effect thread; someone's all like "I don't ever use sniper rifles", and the answer to why not is "I don't snipe". When you point out that there are non-sniping "sniper rifles", such as the harpoon gun or th 3-round burst or the full auto one, you get "oh. But I don't use sniper rifles"

I'm probably guilty of this myself sometimes, but I do try to tell myself I'm being a fool I'm probably more conservative in that sense than I'd like to admit, sometimes.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Wait a tick. You can get a harpoon gun in Mass Effect? How and when? Unless it involves spoilers then don't tell me.
    Multiplayer.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

28. - Top - End - #328

A picture I knew I had to share as soon as I saw it: http://lunachan.net/chat/src/134448088165.png

It's twilights expression that really sells it.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I believe that would be the imperial Fausticorn.
    My guess was Ponyxalted Faust, but Imperial makes sense too.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    My guess was Ponyxalted Faust, but Imperial makes sense too.

Nothing May Be EXALTED But Her Upon The Golden Throne!