New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: My Little Pony LI: FE

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    If I owned one, I would accept that challenge! But I don't spend money unless I have to, so I don't own one nor will I buy one (plus I suck at fighting games).

The only exception:
    Spoiler
    Show

So as you can imagine, I will lose this tournament

YOU PLAY BRAWL!?! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO
    MGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM
    GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
    OGMOGGG!!!!11!1!!!!11!!1!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Let's be honest. If being a fan wasn't such a huge damn deal, with people choosing sides like Jacob and Edward at burger king, would you care a lik about whether you were a fan or not?
    Don't drag -that- into this. That's the only thing that makes me cringe more than some of the singing.... I honestly tried to like Myer's work, but I think she and all those fan girls need lobotomies.

Certainly. "it's not the best show ever, but I like it" was pretty much how the first ten threads went. Eleven forward was all RP an guild scandal.
    Fair enough.

bolded: why?
    ... can I ignore this. I don't wanna talk about it.

Otherwise, yeah, creepy suit people getting all personal space invadey I understand. Although the fursuits I have actually seen were pretty badass. Although the German Shepard whose mouth moved when it's wearer spoke was kinda... Creepy. Creepy would e the word. And also cool. But yeah.
    Eh, I much prefer human cosplays. Getting into full costume always makes it look weirder, as does physically modifying your body to try to match that. And oh my god now I can't get that horrifying image out of my eyes and I want to shoot myself in the head.

Pretty certain there's an actual difference between a pony and a horse. Or.... Oh! OOH! You're doing that thing where you assume that showing a dislike of something to the point I not being able to distinguish it from another thing is insulting. The one where casual disregard for someone and how they're present themselves proves your worth is greater than theirs. Yeah, sorry. We here in ponythread tend not to really acknowledge that as a worthwhile tactic.
    Nah, Horse is just much easier to put in a harsher, more "I Challenge You" tone than Pony.

If I were to point my finger at you and say "I challenge you to a match, -", would the blank at the end sound more badass with "Horse!", or "Pony!"?

.... actually, is it possible for you guys to answer with anything but Pony?

But he didn't do anything. You did. Who clicks a YouTube link and then is surprised that sound is in their ears?
    I'm so addicted to my music, I can't even feel my earphones. That's how I was surprised. I love my music. I just had it off while I was doing some work.

God that thing sucked.
    YOU RESPECT THE SAGELY PADDLE, WITH IT'S SIMPLISTIC 4 BUTTON AND JOYPAD DESIGN! *bows and prays before the sacred item*

Organic robotics. Their hooves are like coffe grounds in a silicone vacuum sealed casing, the winged ones can use those as digits and unicorns have magic.
    .... the ****? Also, magic is totally cheating. TAS Bull ****. Use your reflexes, darn it!

Nostalgia prevents me from Pointing out how actually terrible those controllers are.

Now dreamcast, that was a controller.
    Righteous.

My favorite part was having my hand cramp while trying to grab that last axe. Stupid Bowser, why couldn't he have made his levels shorter?
    Psh, you didn't play enough, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Fool, turtle-dragon levels makes fingers strong like ox.
    They make you strong!
    How strong? So strong!
    Aaaooo!?!
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-08-17 at 02:59 AM.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

MGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM
    GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Psh, you didn't play enough, then.
    Not like I used to play Melee, but yes I do. I have some kind hipster reasons (hitbox size, nerfs and buffs, etc.) for liking melee more than brawl, but brawl is pretty fun. The saddest thing about playing brawl is that the new items are so cool that I feel like I am missing out when we play without them, whereas with melee I never wanted items at all. Final Smashes are the coolest looking thing ever.

Possible? Yes. Likely? No. Also, I just realized that MLP ponies are tiny. Assuming the mouse-horses are horse sized, an MLP pony is like knee height.

...I didn't say I lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    tiki snakes has some kind of shadow creature now. not sure what the deal is there.
    *Shoots show-don't-tell in the knee, kicks it off metaphorical bridge*

Vampire Space Princess Bleakmane (And entirely Original Character), and her second in command Joyreaper, have powers over shadows (and mirrors) and live on an ancient fortress which is also a space station and vampiric in it's own right. It's called the Darkspire.
    Appearing via shadow-form is easier, safer and quicker than bothering to show up in person.

Bleakmane may or may not be wearing the old Metal Mask as chest-armour.
    I did post some backstory, once or twice, but haven't time to find the link.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bleakmane had Metal Mask kidnapped, which accidentally de-masked her, so she gave her a choice of new magic masks.
    (Mask is now a magic luchador wrestling pony.)

Joyreaper has been dealing with the various random entities teleporting through the Darkspire and her mask is apparently something of a magical seeing-aid. She dumped everyone except Silent Night in the ruins of Canterlot and left to get a Latte.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-08-17 at 03:38 AM.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Not like I used to play Melee, but yes I do. I have some kind hipster reasons (hitbox size, nerfs and buffs, etc.) for liking melee more than brawl, but brawl is pretty fun. The saddest thing about playing brawl is that the new items are so cool that I feel like I am missing out when we play without them, whereas with melee I never wanted items at all. Final Smashes are the coolest looking thing ever.

Possible? Yes. Likely? No. Also, I just realized that MLP ponies are tiny. Assuming the mouse-horses are horse sized, an MLP pony is like knee height.

...I didn't say I lost.
    If you can feel pain in your hands from video games, you haven't played enough.

That point aside, I have to go to work in 16 minutes. I am willing to risk being late to my job to ask if you might Brawl with me later, no matter what the conditions, items, stages, whatever.

YOU HAVE TO DO IT! WE MUST BRAWL! THERE MUST BE BRAWL! I CHALLENGE YOU! PIKAAAA!
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-08-17 at 03:45 AM.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    On Discord disposal:

If shattering his body was possible and wouldn't immediatly release him I imagine that would just mean that eventually he would reappear anyways. For beings like Discord I imagine their body is equivilant to clothes for them. Destroying them might be an inconceivable but it actually doesn't harm them. I imagine a cockatrice for example wouldn't do anything because the Elements are doing more then just turning him to stone.

Sending him to space? Same end result since once he's free he just returns home.

Keeping him in the royal gardens? Serves as a reminder of who he is and how to beat him when he returns.

To paraphrase a fictional Eris "My body is just a lie I tell the world."
    I think the big disconnect there is you all are seeming to assume that Discord is narratively invincible and impossible to permenantly get rid of.

I am not.

Keeping him next to the castle allows Celestia and the guards to keep an eye on him.
    If by "have the guards keep and eye on him" you mean "leave him completely unprotected in a part of the garden where filles on a school trip can go and see him...."

And, come to that, Royal Guards = less use than Stormtroopers. Only in fanfiction have the ever displayed anything even distantly passable to competance...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Nice! Did you yourself make it on camera anywhere?
    Of course not! It's a wargames magazine, it's all about the wargames! Wouldn't have it any other way... (But seriously, it is pretty much about the models and the games, epsecially in a big commercial mag like Miniature Wargames.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-17 at 03:50 AM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Banned

My favorite part was having my hand cramp while trying to grab that last axe. Stupid Bowser, why couldn't he have made his levels shorter?
    I don't think I've ever beaten Mario 1. As a kid I always had cooler games, and as an adult I don't have a Nintendo. Ah well.
    Mega man and castlevania totally make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post

MGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM
    GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
    Who doesn't?

Don't drag -that- into this. That's the only thing that makes me cringe more than some of the singing.... I honestly tried to like Myer's work, but I think she and all those fan girls need lobotomies.
    They've already had lobotomies, I'm sure.
    And that's seriously how it looked. All this "I ain't no stinkin' brony!" just felt like someone screaming "NUH-uh werewolves fur laif Jacob WOOO11!1"

... can I ignore this. I don't wanna talk about it.
    Perfectly acceptable. Like all biases however, I ask that you view it in terms of something you don't like, not something which is inherently "bad". And if you ever come to terms with it, I would like to discuss it.

Eh, I much prefer human cosplays. Getting into full costume always makes it look weirder, as does physically modifying your body to try to match that. And oh my god now I can't get that horrifying image out of my eyes and I want to shoot myself in the head.
    A human cosplay of a werewolf tends to look pathetic. You get those people with really bad body paint that is sloughing of from sweat and streaks and you think, why didn't you just go in for spirit gum?

Nah, Horse is just much easier to put in a harsher, more "I Challenge You" tone than Pony.

If I were to point my finger at you and say "I challenge you to a match, -", would the blank at the end sound more badass with "Horse!", or "Pony!"?

Horse is actually a terrible pejorative. It's too breathy. Pony has many inflections, with different ways to emphasize it.

And that's a trick question. Ask a question were the best answer is not pony, and we'll answer it.

I'm so addicted to my music, I can't even feel my earphones. That's how I was surprised. I love my music. I just had it off while I was doing some work.
    But you clicked a link. You activated it. One does not forget where the shower head is, turn on the shower and then disavow that they had a part in the knob turning when they get wet.

YOU RESPECT THE SAGELY PADDLE, WITH IT'S SIMPLISTIC 4 BUTTON AND JOYPAD DESIGN! *bows and prays before the sacred item*
    I had mastered your "sagely paddle" by the time I was three. I could fire sofast in megaman the game would freeze. I could do aerial input in games without aerial input. I was the perfect sim of the Nintendo, except I'm not a sim.

You can worship it. I will continue to rule it.

.... the ****? Also, magic is totally cheating. TAS Bull ****. Use your reflexes, darn it!
    pffff. "despite being unable to manipulate physics myself in such a manner, it must be soooo easy! You're totally cheating by applying your PHD level knowledge of the fabric of the universe to achieving motion without activating the potential energy of your muscles first! How dare you perform fears of finesse with absolutely no tactile feedback to ensure you're proprioception is accurate!"

Learn to throw fireballs and then Complain that magic is the easy way out.

They make you strong!
    How strong? So strong!
    Aaaooo!?!
    Snerk.

Tiki Snakes, that would be one hell of a parody of it didn't seem like an actual ponythread happening.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Who doesn't?
    Me?

Also, what the heck has this fandom got against Spike?!?

Yet another round of Spike-gets-the-short-end-of-the-straw fics are showing up again... Either Spike dies, or Twilight dies or Rarity dies or everypony else apart from Spike dies...

(And this is over the course of about two days - in FiM's feature box. This isn't just fics, this is fics that are really popular!!!)

*sigh*

I thought stuff like It Takes a Village had finally shown there were better uses for Spike than the Equestrian Royal punching bag, but no...

Seriously, why is it always Spike?

I mean, really, pony fandom? Pickin' on the (preported) baby dragon?

Classy, pony fandom, classy.

*skulldesk*
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-17 at 04:21 AM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Me?

*skulldesk*
    That's because this is the pony fandom, not the dragon fandom. We're practically required to make him the punching bag! Besides, he's got thick scales, right?
    Last edited by ICN; 2012-08-17 at 05:00 AM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Banned

Me?

Also, what the heck has this fandom got against Spike?!?

Yet another round of Spike-gets-the-short-end-of-the-straw fics are showing up again... Either Spike dies, or Twilight dies or Rarity dies or everypony else apart from Spike dies...

(And this is over the course of about two days - in FiM's feature box. This isn't just fics, this is fics that are really popular!!!)

*sigh*

I thought stuff like It Takes a Village had finally shown there were better uses for Spike than the Equestrian Royal punching bag, but no...

*skulldesk*
    I wish I knew, man.

Quote Originally Posted by ICN View Post

That's because this is the pony fandom, not the dragon fandom. We're practically required to make him the punching bag, he being the only non-pony in the main cast. Besides, he's got thick scales, right?
    *snerk*

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

And..and another thing!

Two of these deaths are at the hands of changeling venom! Changeling venom?!

Sorry, did I miss that memo? Since when did Changelings have venom!?

I mean, yeah, once is forgivable, it's just a one-time thing, but it shows up as a deus ex machina twice? In the space of TWO DAYS?

Changeling venom? Really? An incurable, 100% lethal poison that works only days after the fact?!

That.. so stupid...it doesn't...!

Why would even have that?! They're not hunters! They feed off love! Why would they need something to kill the things they feed off? And not only that, but really inefficiently, so it's not even any use as a purely defensive weapon! Even leaving aside the fact that creatures that have venom, as opposed to poison, are almost invariable predators!

That's not even cows-that-breath-fire daft, that's cows-that-spit-weedkiller! Not cartoon weedkiller that instantly disintegrates plants, but your actual Weedol or something, your actual translocatory systemic herbicide that takes, like a week to function!

And you know what,in concert with the Discord thing, it also occurs to me: why is it My Little Pony is the only fandom I'm part of that seems to delight in killing the mane/main characters off more frequently (often just for the sads) than the actual bad guys?!

And I read Naruto fanfiction! About ninjas!! Who kill people!!!

Seriously, how many times have you read about Celestia or Twilight or Rarity or someone karking it, compared to Discord getting killed in the flippin' face for once?

(And don't give me that nonsense about "chaos is indestructible" nonsense - this ain't 40K (thank frack); if the Sun Goddess can get knobbled on a semi-regular basis (even in fics where she is the sun goddess, not just a powerful pony), invulnerable Discord is utterly indefensible!)

Raaaaaargh!!!

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

Welp, time to call maintenace, I think he dented the command console with that last one...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-17 at 05:36 AM.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

And..and another thing!

Two of these deaths are at the hands of changeling venom! Changeling venom?!

Sorry, did I miss that memo? Since when did Changelings have venom!?
    We don't have venom, that's just dumb ... I don't know where anyling could get that idea.

Hey, when's the last time you brushed your fangs anyway?

... shut up.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Banned

A look back, to see things that made sense at the time, we swear.

A unicorn decides to share her family cupcake recipe. She is then mutilated and her organs removed.

Several peasi and unicorns are shoved into a box. The one that takes up the most room is tied down and gagged with a hanky. Everyone leaves with a bondage fetish. One still lacks an eye.

Lyra begins to see tiny ponies runnin aroun telling we nonsense. Her shotgun gets an AI upgrade and decides to run away with a rivet gun, promising to send her saucy letters home about their honey moon.

Metal mask is banished to the moon by Odin Allfeather, until e can prove his mastery of that emotion called love. A young teenaged adventurer dresses up like Natalie Portman and makes out with him, warning his freedom.

A polite conversation over tea is interrupted by landmines and then everyone is turned into a sexy genie.

Am I missing anything good?

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

I have made a conscious decision.

I am now going to ignore any and all established fanon. Ever. I still have my ships, but I will from now on ignore any "commonly accepted" fan ideas.

Dinky is not Derpy's daughter
    Lyra and Bon Bon are not a couple
    Dr Whooves is not a Time Lord.

I am ignoring it all.

I'm going to think up my own ideas and my own concepts.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post

I am now going to ignore any and all established fanon. Ever. I still have my ships, but I will from now on ignore any "commonly accepted" fan ideas.

I am ignoring it all.

I'll add and say that I do not ascribe to any of the above as well, although I use LyraBon for the sake of convenience when writing.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Banned

Rainbow Dash is asexual. All her friends think she's probably gay, because he never they giggle vet colts in magazines she wants to just go fly. But she doesn't really get what all the fuss is about.

"What, Rainbow Dash? Haven't you ever... You know... When you're alone ?"

"What? Haven't I ever wha-- oh! Eh. Once, back in flight school. Way too messy to be fun though... Coach suggested it as a way to calm down after a stressful season. Lame."
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-08-17 at 06:27 AM.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am ignoring it all.

You are not going to think up your own ideas, because we've got a whole thread of people to help with this! *turns to the thread at large* Am I right? I saaaaaid... Am I right?

Anyhow, I posit that Lyra and Bon-bon are seen together so often because Lyra provides the live music at Bon-bon's cafe. Spending as much time together as they have, they've become fast friends.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

My own personal favourite idea:

Scootaloo is Big Mac's daughter and thus Applebloom's niece.

There are two flavours of this:
    First, she is Derpy's daughter from a one-night stand or a quick fling that the two had and he has no idea about here.
    Second, and this is good for irony and or drama in Flutterdash fics, she is actually Fluttershy's daughter, who was then put up for adoption. (I personally don't like this one because I feel that the Mane Six are a bit too young for that.)
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

I am ignoring it all.

Eh, coming up with stuff is fine, breaking with convention is also fine from time to time, but if an idea is good then it's good even if it's commonly accepted already.

Everything to a point, is what I say. If you like an idea, use it, don't come up with something different just to be different, do it because it's cool or works better.

But that's just my opinion, and I really shouldn't get into another big argument because I have a story to write and I keep finding excuses not to

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Eh, coming up with stuff is fine, breaking with convention is also fine from time to time, but if an idea is good then it's good even if it's commonly accepted already.

Everything to a point, is what I say. If you like an idea, use it, don't come up with something different just to be different, do it because it's cool or works better.

But that's just my opinion, and I really shouldn't get into another big argument because I have a story to write and I keep finding excuses not to
    Really, this is more to foster a discussion- what ideas do you think are interesting that don't fit the general fanon of MLP?

I am, however, going to ignore the fanon in general for one simple reason: I should have an idea because it's a good idea, not because it's one that's widespread. There's a correlation between an idea being good and it being widespread, but I'm not going to go with general fanon if I have another idea.
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Having seen another Celestia-is-Twilight's-real-mother story (in this case, more of a polite take that to said stories from Device Heretic of Eternal fame), and bearing my mind the old Mommy Nearest (wherein Rainbow Dash was revealed to be Celestia's daughter), let's take this chain of thought to it's logical hilariously stupid conclusion:

I thus postulate new fanon that Celestia is everypony's mother, for increasingly contrivied and silly reasons, up to and including Luna.

And Spike, who is actually Twilight's father in the future, when he and Celestia sent her back in time to be raised.

This is especially ironic, as Spike is also Twilight's daughter from another time in the future she and Celestia got experiemental with draconic shapeshifting that one time, and also sent back in time...

Rarity's mother is Celestia in disguise, Applejack's parents were Celestia, and, I dunno, Granny Smith and some more experimental gender-swapping, Derpy is Celestia's daughter with, I dunno, a magical sentient muffin or something.

Twilight's "parents" are the children of Celestia and Cadance and Celestia and Shining Armor respectively. In turn, Cadance is obviously the daughter of Pinkie and Celestia, and Shining Armour is Rarity and Celestia's daughter, because Celestia really likes that gender-changing spell...

I could probably go on, but a) it's probably better if I don't and b) why spoil the fun for the rest of you...!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-17 at 06:46 AM.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Banned

And Spike, who is actually Twilight's father in the future, when he and Celestia sent her back in time to be raised.

This is especially ironic, as Spike is also Twilight's daughter from another time in the future she and Celestia got experiemental with draconic shapeshifting that one time, and also sent back in time...

The left hemi is the intake, the right hemi is the output!

XD
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-08-17 at 07:02 AM.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Banned

My own personal favourite idea:

Scootaloo is Big Mac's daughter and thus Applebloom's niece.

There are two flavours of this:
    First, she is Derpy's daughter from a one-night stand or a quick fling that the two had and he has no idea about here.
    Second, and this is good for irony and or drama in Flutterdash fics, she is actually Fluttershy's daughter, who was then put up for adoption. (I personally don't like this one because I feel that the Mane Six are a bit too young for that.)
    Too young? Have you wee grown up on a farm? Can't leave kids alone for two minutes without them "wanting to try out what them horses are doing"!

I like it because it's a weird triangle. FS puts Scootaloo into a home because she can't handle the stress, and doesn't tell Dashie because she is worried that it would drive a wedge between them. Rainbow Dash plays the big sister role well, accidentally being a surrogate parent anyway.

All it takes is Fluttershy being a paycho anime chick, and I could work. Well, tha and Big Mac being loose.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Really, this is more to foster a discussion- what ideas do you think are interesting that don't fit the general fanon of MLP?

I am, however, going to ignore the fanon in general for one simple reason: I should have an idea because it's a good idea, not because it's one that's widespread. There's a correlation between an idea being good and it being widespread, but I'm not going to go with general fanon if I have another idea.
    I'm all for coming up with new ideas, both silly and serious. We certainly like coming up with ideas around here, although most of them probably don't live very long But there's nothing wrong with using the general fanon either.

Personally I do very much like or even prefer some of the general fanon ideas and ships

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Wait... Wat. 0.o

*heart status: exploded due to squee overload.* /)^3^(\

Alabenson, you've got any spares? *passes out*

Seriously though, I'm glad that you like it so far, Diego. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know. :)
    Heh, I'm glad that makes you happy.

Regarding comments, I remember a couple of spelling and/or grammar mistakes, but I didn't write them down. If I see them again I'll let you know.

It took me a good half-minute to twig what that was on about...

Yeah... Ow...! And *snerk*

Also...while I don't personally see a problem there (being pretty shipping neutral, Spike/Rarity aside), given the amount of fanon that treats Twilight as the big sister/mother figure...possibly ewww as well...!
    Sorry if that squicked you a bit. I can generally gloss over that kinda stuff, even if I don't really approve. I've seen so much Big Mac/AJ and Celestia/Luna stuff that it barely registers as weird anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Wow, might be the first depiction I've seen of somepony more endowed than Fluttershy. AJ looks so awesome in that outfit too.
    Nah, Fluttershy in these comics is so well-endowed that her boobs shatter reality and break the fourth wall.
    Spoiler
    Show

So what did... oh. OH. Ohhhhhhhh....
    It takes a while to sink in doesn't it?

This is the most epic CMC image i've ever laid my eyes upon.
    I think we've all thought like that as kids. Imagined ourselves the heroes.

Heck, a lot of us still do

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    These pictures are all excellent. For some reason I can't get the Lyra one to load all the way though. It keeps getting stuck on just her upper half pointing and the gyarados.
    Hmm, try this one:
    Spoiler
    Show

Who doesn't?
    Anyone without a Wii, I guess. I don't. I do have Melee though. I am stupendously bad at it.

A look back, to see things that made sense at the time, we swear.

A unicorn decides to share her family cupcake recipe. She is then mutilated and her organs removed.

Several peasi and unicorns are shoved into a box. The one that takes up the most room is tied down and gagged with a hanky. Everyone leaves with a bondage fetish. One still lacks an eye.

Lyra begins to see tiny ponies runnin aroun telling we nonsense. Her shotgun gets an AI upgrade and decides to run away with a rivet gun, promising to send her saucy letters home about their honey moon.

Metal mask is banished to the moon by Odin Allfeather, until e can prove his mastery of that emotion called love. A young teenaged adventurer dresses up like Natalie Portman and makes out with him, warning his freedom.

A polite conversation over tea is interrupted by landmines and then everyone is turned into a sexy genie.

Am I missing anything good?
    How about that time Midnight tried taking over the world with enforced love? Or tried taking over Bleak Despair with the aid of The Pink One? Or when she-

Wow, Midnight really was a trouble maker, huh?

Having seen another Celestia-is-Twilight's-real-mother story (in this case, more of a polite take that to said stories from Device Heretic of Eternal fame), and bearing my mind the old Mommy Nearest (wherein Rainbow Dash was revealed to be Celestia's daughter), let's take this chain of thought to it's logical hilariously stupid conclusion:

I thus postulate new fanon that Celestia is everypony's mother, for increasingly contrivied and silly reasons, up to and including Luna.

Rarity's mother is Celestia in disguise, Applejack's parents were Celestia, and, I dunno, Granny Smith and some more experimental gender-swapping, Derpy is Celestia's daughter with, I dunno, a magical sentient muffin or something.

Twilight's "parents" are the children of Celestia and Cadance and Celestia and Shining Armor respectively. In turn, Cadance is obviously the daughter of Pinkie and Celestia, and Shining Armour is Rarity and Celestia's daughter, because Celestia really likes that gender-changing spell...

I could probably go on, but a) it's probably better if I don't and b) why spoil the fun for the rest of you...!
    I'm pretty sure I've read a fic similar to this. I can't remember if it was a dream sequence or alternate reality or whatever, but it involved Spike revealing that he was actually Celestia in disguise the entire time.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Sorry if that squicked you a bit. I can generally gloss over that kinda stuff, even if I don't really approve. I've seen so much Big Mac/AJ and Celestia/Luna stuff that it barely registers as weird anymore.
    Me personally? Naaaah!

I think the hilarity outweighs any such potential and any squick, if anything, makes it funnier.

(Remember the Aotrs golden rule of shipping: it's not a bad ship if, when surprise-revealed, it causes at least one member of the observing group to spitake, gape with horror and squick and/or curl up into a fetal position...)

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc
    I'm pretty sure I've read a fic similar to this. I can't remember if it was a dream sequence or alternate reality or whatever, but it involved Spike revealing that he was actually Celestia in disguise the entire time.
    Oh, that'd be hilarious...!

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Nonstandard fanon? Hmm....

I've always got this one on standby: Scootaloo has both her parents, they're just earth ponies and thus never taught her to fly. The scooter is a way that they still can still have fun together, even though they don't all have wings.

Zecora: She's actually set to become a rather important zebra in her tribe back home. She's currently on a coming-of-age/training quest. The rhyming is either a self-imposed limitaiton, or some spirit guide forces her to speak in riddles to be mindful of what she says. (All pretty much lifted from a great fic whose name escapes me right now. Shaman, maybe?)

Anything else I'd have to think a bit more on.

Twilight goes to visit the Medic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-08-17 at 07:56 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Me personally? Naaaah!

I think the hilarity outweighs any such potential and any squick, if anything, makes it funnier.

(Remember the Aotrs golden rule of shipping: it's not a bad ship if, when surprise-revealed, it causes at least one member of the observing group to spitake, gape with horror and squick and/or curl up into a fetal position...)
    I wasn't aware of this rule. I will note it down for future reference.

Oh, that'd be hilarious...!
    I found it!
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I wasn't aware of this rule. I will note it down for future reference.
    Perhaps I haven't specifically stated it, but it's sort of implied in my stance that the best use for shipping is as a comedy goldmine, which I have said before.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc
    Bwahahahahahahahaha!

It was! It was!

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

That woul explain the shooting lasers at me when I debunked his technobabble then.
    No, I think that was more because he just likes shooting lasers at people. Or objects. Anything that enters his field of view, really.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    off topic...non-pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    you know how someplaces have sandwiches named for famous people?
    somehow my mind got to thinkin about sandwiches named for Discworld characters...

The Vimes: BLT..2 varieties
    --Bachelor: LOTS of bacon, 2 tomato slices, 1 piece lettuce
    --Married: 3-4 varieties of lettuce, 6 tomato slices, 2 bacon slices

Foul Ol Ron: grilled limburger + another stinky cheese

Carrot: head cheese...just seems like something a dwarf came up with

Angua: BBQ Tri-tip

the Black Ribboner: Portabella Mushroom

the Cpl Nobbs: Scrapple...since no one really knows what it is 8)

the Sgt Colon: Fried Bologna..simple common meat for the simple common man

the Dibbler: a sausage sandwich

the Rincewind: some sort of chicken sandwich

Luggage Legs = hot wings

the Wee Free Men: a shrimp po`boy
    I'd think you'd need two different versions for Angua, one vegetarian (her human side) and one stuffed with meat (her wolf side).
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

I have acquired new pony toys! The new three-pack sets arrived at Kohl's today, and with my employee discounts, I managed to get all three that are available for around $13. Interesting note: Gilda's wings are made from a flexible material.