New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LI: FE

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I'm not sure that Celestia even has the ability to send ponies to the moon. We know she did it using the Elements, but that doesn't mean she can without them.
    I was under the impression the elements allowed her to imprison NMM in the moon, so I agree with you here. My question is how she used the elements, since she mentioned that she and Luna used them to defeat Discord the first time, but Celestia used them solo to defeat NMM?

Or maybe There was a bit of Luna still in NMM that held the evil down and sacrificed herself so the elements could be used, in a "Take us both down!" kind of sacrifice?
    It's an interesting pondery.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    This comment makes me sad for manga.
    It does?
    How? But..? I didn't mean to make the sads...

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Besides, how is a Pony supposed to use that? You'd crush it if you punched it on the floor or held it with one...
    Use an arcade setup like a NES Advantage controller? The joystick/big buttons should work for pony hooves.

Mega man and castlevania totally make up for it.
    Never can look at Megaman the same way after the Mega Derpy art out there I've seen.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #782
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    I'm going to think up my own ideas and my own concepts.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do what YOU love!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Nah, Fluttershy in these comics is so well-endowed that her boobs shatter reality and break the fourth wall.
    Oop, I stand corrected. Must not be a load-bearing wall.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Twilight goes to visit the Medic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well you know how the gravity of naked singularities can be quite... exciting for eggheads.

Nonstandard stuff? Generally I like crossovers with equally amusing cartoons. Adventure Time is a popular one I think. I did do a crossover with Phineas & Ferb myself that was well received.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    I have acquired new pony toys! The new three-pack sets arrived at Kohl's today, and with my employee discounts, I managed to get all three that are available for around $13. Interesting note: Gilda's wings are made from a flexible material.
    I rather want to go to Kohl's now, but I can't justify the trip since I don't need any clothes.

In other news, pony dream.
    Apparently unicorns compete in a race (think Mario Kart, because that's what the cars looked like) where the starting line is "whoever gets out of this giant parking lot first". Seems a bit unfair to me, but whatever. In any case, at the finish line, Discorded AJ (don't ask what she was doing in a unicorn race; I don't know) was being mean to Twilight, who, in response, pulled AJ's cutie mark off so that she came behind Twi. Presumably a lecture followed, but I'm not sure, since the next thing that happened was Fluttershy pouring out her heart to Rarity. When she opened her eyes again and saw the now de-Disco'd Rarity, she went in for the kiss and met Rarity's chin and a "Now now dear, don't get ahead of yourself." At this point, I woke up, so I'm not sure if there was a lecture there or a "You've got to do this properly."

tl;dr: Discorded Applejack competed in a unicorn Mario Kart, Cutie marks are just stickers to someone with enough magic, and Fluttershy is totally crushing on Rarity.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

4. - Top - End - #784
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    I have acquired new pony toys! The new three-pack sets arrived at Kohl's today, and with my employee discounts, I managed to get all three that are available for around $13. Interesting note: Gilda's wings are made from a flexible material.
    Other interesting note: assuming D&D 3.5, she takes up the proper amount of space on a 1-inch grid.

(I think I'm going to have to wind up running something at some point. Either that, or get a character a gryphon steed.)

5. - Top - End - #785
    Firbolg in the Playground

On Discord Disposal: My interpretation is that Discord was able to break out because of the strife next to him. (Kind of begs the question of why it didn't happen sooner--maybe ponies are just really lovie-dovie in Celestia's gardens?) Either way, if the source of the problem is strife, get him away from all of it. Put the statue in a concrete mold, pour ten feet of concrete around him, and bury him deep. Problem solved.

Interesting inventive fanon: Ditzy Do is an undercover agent for Celestia, feigning stupidity and clumsiness in order to improve her cover.

Octavia is Pinkie Pie's sister.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

Tiki Snakes, that would be one hell of a parody of it didn't seem like an actual ponythread happening.
    I'm not entirely sure I follow. (I am easily lost, today.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Zecora: She's actually set to become a rather important zebra in her tribe back home. She's currently on a coming-of-age/training quest. The rhyming is either a self-imposed limitaiton, or some spirit guide forces her to speak in riddles to be mindful of what she says. (All pretty much lifted from a great fic whose name escapes me right now. Shaman, maybe?)
    I still quite like the idea that Zecora is a former inmate of Tartarus and that her 'Cutie Mark' is actually a Prison Tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I was under the impression the elements allowed her to imprison NMM in the moon, so I agree with you here. My question is how she used the elements, since she mentioned that she and Luna used them to defeat Discord the first time, but Celestia used them solo to defeat NMM?

Or maybe There was a bit of Luna still in NMM that held the evil down and sacrificed herself so the elements could be used, in a "Take us both down!" kind of sacrifice?
    It's an interesting pondery.
    I am of the headcanon that Celestia was able to use the Elements of Harmony to banish her sister to the moon because she was attuned to them, but that having imprisoned her sister in the moon, she was no-longer able to use the elements, as it destroyed her attunement to them.
    (Chances are, whatever caused Luna to become Nightmare Moon also ruined her own attunement to them).

Oh, and the Elements of Harmony are simply powerful magical macguffins and were created (probably specifically to fight discord). The bearers must have links to the relevant qualities, but have no other mystical significance until they attune to them.

Also, it is possible to use more than one Element of Harmony, and the Princesses originally used three each or something.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I am of the headcanon that Celestia was able to use the Elements of Harmony to banish her sister to the moon because she was attuned to them, but that having imprisoned her sister in the moon, she was no-longer able to use the elements, as it destroyed her attunement to them.
    (Chances are, whatever caused Luna to become Nightmare Moon also ruined her own attunement to them).

Oh, and the Elements of Harmony are simply powerful magical macguffins and were created (probably specifically to fight discord). The bearers must have links to the relevant qualities, but have no other mystical significance until they attune to them.

Also, it is possible to use more than one Element of Harmony, and the Princesses originally used three each or something.
    It could also be that the elements work differently for different users. The image of Celestia using the elements on Nightmare Luna has her using them in the sphere form that Twilight originally finds them in, not a bunch of necklaces and a crown.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Roleplay: Something Something Something Ponies.

Spoiler
    Show

....Gah. Well, I might have shards of ice in every avaible open spot in my body and my rib's are scattered on the floor, but I still have most of my wings and all my limbs, so you know what? I am just going to stay here until that worthless brat of a princess comes down off her high horse and meets with me. What could Boffie do, shoot me with rainbows?
    Ponythread RP: Wherein Silent Night's shadow moves on it's own.
    Spoiler
    Show

Is it always so noisey when you are around?
    It's enough to wake the dead!
    Ha Ha Ha Ha!

And so on.

Seriously though, was I supposed to call you? I can't think what I'd do that for, did you wish to arrange terms of surrender? Enter into a pact in return for profane artifacts? If it's merchandise related, you need to contact the Giftshop manager directly, that is not my department.

*Shadow Bleakmane waits expectantly for Silent Night to react*.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    We don't have venom, that's just dumb ... I don't know where anyling could get that idea.

Hey, when's the last time you brushed your fangs anyway?

... shut up.
    Actually, it depends on the particular breed. I think that's the right term. Admittedly, I'm not sure that genus of Changeling is present on this world. Not natively, anyway.

9. - Top - End - #789

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    On Discord Disposal: My interpretation is that Discord was able to break out because of the strife next to him. (Kind of begs the question of why it didn't happen sooner--maybe ponies are just really lovie-dovie in Celestia's gardens?) Either way, if the source of the problem is strife, get him away from all of it. Put the statue in a concrete mold, pour ten feet of concrete around him, and bury him deep. Problem solved.
    Too boring for Trollestia, needs to escape every once in a while.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #790
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I think the big disconnect there is you all are seeming to assume that Discord is narratively invincible and impossible to permenantly get rid of.

I am not.
    Well I can't argue with anything but this bolded word. I don't think he is narratively invincible. He's just basically all-powerful. Only the Elements of Harmony can trump his power. Well that and his own confidence/insanity.

And..and another thing!

Two of these deaths are at the hands of changeling venom! Changeling venom?!

Sorry, did I miss that memo? Since when did Changelings have venom!?

I mean, yeah, once is forgivable, it's just a one-time thing, but it shows up as a deus ex machina twice? In the space of TWO DAYS?

Changeling venom? Really? An incurable, 100% lethal poison that works only days after the fact?!

That.. so stupid...it doesn't...!

Why would even have that?! They're not hunters! They feed off love! Why would they need something to kill the things they feed off? And not only that, but really inefficiently, so it's not even any use as a purely defensive weapon! Even leaving aside the fact that creatures that have venom, as opposed to poison, are almost invariable predators!

That's not even cows-that-breath-fire daft, that's cows-that-spit-weedkiller! Not cartoon weedkiller that instantly disintegrates plants, but your actual Weedol or something, your actual translocatory systemic herbicide that takes, like a week to function!

And you know what,in concert with the Discord thing, it also occurs to me: why is it My Little Pony is the only fandom I'm part of that seems to delight in killing the mane/main characters off more frequently (often just for the sads) than the actual bad guys?!

And I read Naruto fanfiction! About ninjas!! Who kill people!!!

Seriously, how many times have you read about Celestia or Twilight or Rarity or someone karking it, compared to Discord getting killed in the flippin' face for once?

(And don't give me that nonsense about "chaos is indestructible" nonsense - this ain't 40K (thank frack); if the Sun Goddess can get knobbled on a semi-regular basis (even in fics where she is the sun goddess, not just a powerful pony), invulnerable Discord is utterly indefensible!)

Raaaaaargh!!!

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

Welp, time to call maintenace, I think he dented the command console with that last one...
    Yeah I've seen Changling venom (paralytic in this case) before and thought it was retarded as well. Simply because this was on top of something like three dozen other powers that came out of nowhere.

As for the Main characters dying, well we're kinda lacking in villians aren't we? Nightmare Moon has become Luna and Discord has been sealed away. Trixie isn't really a villain, and Diamond Tiara is a young filly. Blueblood is just a jerk

I have made a conscious decision.

I am now going to ignore any and all established fanon. Ever. I still have my ships, but I will from now on ignore any "commonly accepted" fan ideas.

Dinky is not Derpy's daughter
    Lyra and Bon Bon are not a couple
    Dr Whooves is not a Time Lord.

I am ignoring it all.

I'm going to think up my own ideas and my own concepts.
    Cool. Lets see what you come up with.

Really, this is more to foster a discussion- what ideas do you think are interesting that don't fit the general fanon of MLP?

I am, however, going to ignore the fanon in general for one simple reason: I should have an idea because it's a good idea, not because it's one that's widespread. There's a correlation between an idea being good and it being widespread, but I'm not going to go with general fanon if I have another idea.
    Good attitude to have.

Here's some of mine.

The individual changlings are much weaker then the ponies are.

The attack on Canterlot was that of desperation. Outside of Equestria there isn't enough love to support the Changling population and now they've fallen into famine. Most Changlings are dying now of starvation.

Derpy is not a mailmare. She works shipping furniture around. Those are two completely different jobs.

Twilight is second only to Celestia and Luna in sheer power/ability. That's a big reason on why Celestia taught her personally.

Ponies really suffer from herd instincts. Most ponies just follow the leader whoever that may be. This leads to things like panics and shunning Zecora.

Ponyville has always been disaster-central. That's why their panic instinct is so sharp. Also why they can go into full quarantine mode in less then a minute.

Twilight's library is technically a private library. She's under no obligation to the public though she will lend out books anyways.

Cadence started foalsitting Twilight to get closer to Shining Armor.

Celestia pretends to be a master manipulator but really isn't and has just been lucky so far.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show

Some of mine!

Dragons's size is based on the size of their hoard even as adults. That is why they are so defensive of them (see green dragon trying to kill Spike, red dragon getting pissed at Rarity), because they lose size and power when they are stolen.

Spike is an actual dragon who is currently a baby, not some weird simulcrum built by Twilight's magic.

Twilight's family is extremely wealthy and influential, which is why the other Canterlot ponies still attempted to court Twilight's favor even after years of being ignored. This is also why going to Ponyville allowed Twilight to make friends; everyone in Canterlot knew her standing and wanted to use her.

Ponies are tiny.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Here's some of mine.

The individual changlings are much weaker then the ponies are.

The attack on Canterlot was that of desperation. Outside of Equestria there isn't enough love to support the Changling population and now they've fallen into famine. Most Changlings are dying now of starvation.
    Oh, there's another one. Changelings feed on love, but not in the sense of gaining calories from it. The more love a Changeling consumes, the more fey and the more magically powerful they become, but they need a relatively steady diet to maintain that. They can eat and metabolise food just fine, and are not as a population starving to death, but their magical might is currently significantly paupered.

Bleakmane the Vampire Space Princess combined infodump edition;
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Bleakmane the Space Princess Vampire.
    When her town was attacked by Space Vampires of the Crimson Army Tormentors she managed to parlay her existing talent for Necromancy in exchange for them sparing the rest of the town.
    She has since worked her way up into command of a sector fleet, secretly intending to overthrow the CAT's dark lord, Count De'Spoil. Perhaps Count De'Spoil knows this, as Bleakmane has been given command of by far the smallest sector fleet in the CAT armada, and been ordered to contest a largely meaningless region of space which the Army of the Red Spear seems to be showing an interest in.

Have you quite finished with all that entirely unwarranted exposition, Joyreaper? Perhaps you wish to share fleet numbers, combat capabilities or my Baby-Pictures with the good people?

We don't even have any of your Baby Pictures, Ma'am, you destroyed all records of...

Fist, Joyreaper.

Sorry Ma'am. Fist. *runs into Bleakmane's extended fist.*

What do you mean, I'm the last OC standing? What about the Aberration in the cheap suit?

Missing after an incident involving a dragon corpse and a fractal truck, Ma'am. Also, I'm not sure whatever it was even get Cutie Marks.

Unacceptable, Joyreaper. *Fumes* Very well, let's get this pathetic waste of time out of the way so we can get on with more important matters.

Spoiler
    Show

Well then my nosey little ponies, you wish to know how the Star Princess Bleakmane earned her cutie mark? I should have you all impaled for possessing the audacity to inquire but just this once I shall be both merciful and generous. You may show your gratitude with slavish grovelling later.

I was the youngest daughter of the ruling family of a little Principality that you've probably never heard of, a very long time ago. My ancestors had once been revered as gods, but with time and the waning fortunes of the nation, our hold became threatened. The generations directly preceeding my own began to experiment with other methods of assuring the loyalty of the population.

Namely, fear.

We ruled with an Iron hoof, demanding what was once freely given on pain of terrible punishments, taking the respect once given by our neighbors with martial force and even turned our Hooves to the dark arts. We sought out ancient secrets and terrible artifacts, and by the time of my birth our homeland was enjoying a second golden age. To be the princess of our homeland meant needing to have ice in your veins and steel in your heart and I was educated in the secrets of our dynasty rather than in the fanciful ways of the court.

Our thirst for Power however, did not come without a price and the Crimson Army Tormentors were drawn to us in our dark decadence. They destroyed our armies and laid waste to our farmlands, leaving us weak before our enemies and threatening to obliterate our entire nation in their quest for slaves and the artifacts that we had ammassed. I put my learning to use, turning the tide of the assault and halting the encroachment of neighboring countries into our lands with the use of powerful necromancies. Bringing the Vampiric forces of the CAT to a standstill, no matter how fleetingly was enough to earn a Parlay with their commander and a Cutie Mark along with it.

I bartered my Special Talent for necromancy along with my body and soul, in exchange for them sparing the rest of my people from extermination or further predation.

The nation is lost to the tides of time, nothing more than ruins remain. Once I had progressed far enough through the ranks of the CAT to earn command of a ship of my own, I returned to the land of my Birth to claim my birthright, crowned myself Princess and took all that remained of value from the unworthy hooves of my descendants. The treasures of my homeland came with me, along with all the ponies in the country who remained loyal to their true ruler to serve beneath me. The rest came along less willingly perhaps. The CAT can always find use for such hot blooded foals as they.

Now get out of my sight before I have your souls flayed.
    *Shoots show-don't-tell in the knee, kicks it off metaphorical bridge*

Vampire Space Princess Bleakmane (And entirely Original Character), and her second in command Joyreaper, have powers over shadows (and mirrors) and live on an ancient fortress which is also a space station and vampiric in it's own right. It's called the Darkspire.
    Appearing via shadow-form is easier, safer and quicker than bothering to show up in person.

Bleakmane may or may not be wearing the old Metal Mask as chest-armour.
    I did post some backstory, once or twice, but haven't time to find the link.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bleakmane had Metal Mask kidnapped, which accidentally de-masked her, so she gave her a choice of new magic masks.
    (Mask is now a magic luchador wrestling pony.)

Joyreaper has been dealing with the various random entities teleporting through the Darkspire and her mask is apparently something of a magical seeing-aid. She dumped everyone except Silent Night in the ruins of Canterlot and left to get a Latte.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

TvTyrant, I notice a distinct lack of acknowledging my challenge in your last poast. *twitch twitch*

I don't think I've ever beaten Mario 1. As a kid I always had cooler games, and as an adult I don't have a Nintendo. Ah well.
    Mega man and castlevania totally make up for it.
    There are always simple ways around that...

Who doesn't?
    ..... do... do you, too?

............. How many of you Ponies can sympathise with the Heart of a Warrior?

I wonder if we could possibly get a Pony-Thread wide Brawl Gaming Session / Tournament down....

They've already had lobotomies, I'm sure.
    No, they haven't. Or not enough of one.

And that's seriously how it looked. All this "I ain't no stinkin' brony!" just felt like someone screaming "NUH-uh werewolves fur laif Jacob WOOO11!1"
    There's a difference between being scared/confused/unaccepting/uninterrested in a group and being an abominable pox on all things sane.

Perfectly acceptable. Like all biases however, I ask that you view it in terms of something you don't like, not something which is inherently "bad". And if you ever come to terms with it, I would like to discuss it.
    I don't think I ever talked about it as if it was inherently bad. And I try not to treat anything that isn't inherently bad (like that which will be referenced but not named) as if it is. Some things (like "grim fics" and that community) just don't rub right with me. Some people enjoy it, and good for them.

A human cosplay of a werewolf tends to look pathetic. You get those people with really bad body paint that is sloughing of from sweat and streaks and you think, why didn't you just go in for spirit gum?
    Let me rephrase that. I prefer cosplay of human (or at least humanoid) characters. When you start going for the semi or monstrous, it starts looking off, as you mention.

Horse is actually a terrible pejorative. It's too breathy. Pony has many inflections, with different ways to emphasize it.
    It's still too cute for me to try to use in that way.

And that's a trick question. Ask a question were the best answer is not pony, and we'll answer it.
    In what case will you guys not find an excuse to use Pony, be it that word or something Pony related in general, for a best answer? That's a neigh impossible request.

But you clicked a link. You activated it. One does not forget where the shower head is, turn on the shower and then disavow that they had a part in the knob turning when they get wet.
    I thought I edited my first post to apologise for coming off hard, that it was my fault for forgetting about the shower head. I never rejected responsibility for the knob, as far as I know.

I had mastered your "sagely paddle" by the time I was three. I could fire sofast in megaman the game would freeze. I could do aerial input in games without aerial input. I was the perfect sim of the Nintendo, except I'm not a sim.
    ..... why'd you get rid of your Nintendo?

You can worship it. I will continue to rule it.
    Just because I worship the Sacred Controller doesn't mean I haven't obtained mastery of it. I talk a lot of talk, but I've never been a slouch when it comes to gaming, and even less so when it comes to Nintendo. It was a bit before my time, but you still always have to respect the earlier generations.

pffff. "despite being unable to manipulate physics myself in such a manner, it must be soooo easy! You're totally cheating by applying your PHD level knowledge of the fabric of the universe to achieving motion without activating the potential energy of your muscles first! How dare you perform fears of finesse with absolutely no tactile feedback to ensure you're proprioception is accurate!"
    Hey, Applejack can call BS on Rainbowdash for flying in a competition, I can call Bs on using Magic instead of a Controller. Granted, if you're only using it to manipulate the controller, and it still requires that thought to force an input without muscles, then I suppose I can't complain.

Learn to throw fireballs and then Complain that magic is the easy way out.
    ........... Quarter-Circle-Forward Fierce Punch! -DUH-!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, what games and such do you Ponies have? When I can summon up some free time, I'd love to Brawl against any of you.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

Well I can't argue with anything but this bolded word. I don't think he is narratively invincible. He's just basically all-powerful. Only the Elements of Harmony can trump his power. Well that and his own confidence/insanity.
    I find him having actual invincibility even less credible that narratively invincibility, personally; even gods can be killed - not easily, mind, but it's doable. Not even Q was actually omnipotent - and Discord ain't no Q.

(Being voiced by the same guy doesn't actually make him Q, jokes aside, anymore than it makes Orochimaru Wolverine or Ben Tennison Sasuke Uchiha or Pinkie Pie Fluttershy, for that matter...!)

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer
    Yeah I've seen Changling venom (paralytic in this case) before and thought it was retarded as well. Simply because this was on top of something like three dozen other powers that came out of nowhere.
    That too.

That said, a paralytic venom would be more credible, since it'd be a nonlethal way to subdue your food. On the other hoof, for that to be more useful, you'd also have to have powers or at least magical technology that let you Matrix-style-cocoon all the ponies to feed off like in that one video...

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer
    As for the Main characters dying, well we're kinda lacking in villians aren't we? Nightmare Moon has become Luna and Discord has been sealed away. Trixie isn't really a villain, and Diamond Tiara is a young filly. Blueblood is just a jerk
    Considering all the Nightmare-as-seperate-entity-returning, Discord-releasing and such that often goes on in the fics wherein characters die, that's not much of a defense...

I think the only time I recall Discord actually getting what was coming to him was a side-chapter of Progress (since moved out of that the canon of that fic), wherein Luna went into his dreams, basically, while he was petrified, and took him so deep in the dreamworld that he was locked in an unchanging dreamscape forever, which I thought was quite cool of her, myself.

(As I've said before, the fact that Discord has a good voice-actor in no way excuses him from what he deserves...)

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Hence my shooting into space theory. Ain't nopony in space to strife, right?

I reckon it didn't happen earlier because of the switch-over (or what have you) to the new Elements weakened his containment enough that local strife was able to break him out. Something Celestia didn't foresee - or she might have done something a bit more useful for containment than leaving him where he was - or it may simply be the containment erodes over time.

Ponies are tiny.
    That's... not really so much fanon as extrapolated canon, given that Darthbobcat made a good couple of attempts at sizing them from other known quanties, and came out with a number that places them at or slightly below the size of the smallest breeds of Shetland pony, the smallest breed of pony in the world.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-17 at 02:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

TvTyrant, I notice a distinct lack of acknowledging my challenge in your last poast. *twitch twitch*
    Mostly because I can't respond to it. I played Brawl over the course of the last three years because I have lived in college dorms and we had weekly tournaments. But I don't own a Wii myself (I am the cheapest human being ever born). And I am currently not near a Wii, as I am living in summer housing.

BTW, what are your mains? Mine are Wario, Pokemon Trainer and Rob. In melee they were Marth and Sheik.

16. - Top - End - #796

*Shadow Bleakmane waits expectantly for Silent Night to react*.

Spoiler
    Show
    I can see you, little shadow, but please be still. I have a angry scion of the fire realm on my tail.

Anyway, what time is it? Headcanon time!

Dragon don't grow wings until there teens as a defence tactic. Otherwise, there would be little helpless babies flying around that the mother's could hardly keep from getting lost in, say, the Everfree.

There are other Alicorns around, but there so spread out it's literaly like a royal family on the scale of the Hapsburgs. Literaly every country has a few Alicorns running around, but Celestia and Luna are by far the most powerful.

Draconequi where born in the chaotic mess that was the creation of the universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mostly because I can't respond to it. I played Brawl over the course of the last three years because I have lived in college dorms and we had weekly tournaments. But I don't own a Wii myself (I am the cheapest human being ever born). And I am currently not near a Wii, as I am living in summer housing.
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! HOW DARE YOU HAVE ME -HIGH- ON ADDRENALINE FOR MOST OF THE DAY, ONLY TO LET ME DOWN LIKE THIS! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Eh, I understand. I still a bit sad, though.

BTW, what are your mains? Mine are Wario, Pokemon Trainer and Rob. In melee they were Marth and Sheik.
    In 64, Samus, Kirby, and Pikachu.

In Melee, it was Pikachu, Samus, Dr Mario, and Falco.

In Brawl, Pikachu, Lucario, Pit, Ike, Samus, and Mario.

PI-KAAAAAAA!
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-08-17 at 02:37 PM.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

I find him having actual invincibility even less credible that narratively invincibility, personally; even gods can be killed - not easily, mind, but it's doable. Not even Q was actually omnipotent - and Discord ain't no Q.

That too.

That said, a paralytic venom would be more credible, since it'd be a nonlethal way to subdue your food. On the other hoof, for that to be more useful, you'd also have to have powers or at least magical technology that let you Matrix-style-cocoon all the ponies to feed off like in that one video...

Considering all the Nightmare-as-seperate-entity-returning, Discord-releasing and such that often goes on in the fics wherein characters die, that's not much of a defense...

I think the only time I recall Discord actually getting what was coming to him was a side-chapter of Progress (since moved out of that the canon of that fic), wherein Luna went into his dreams, basically, while he was petrified, and took him so deep in the dreamworld that he was locked in an unchanging dreamscape forever, which I thought was quite cool of her, myself.

(As I've said before, the fact that Discord has a good voice-actor in no way excuses him from what he deserves...)
    Eh, I suppose. But if a god goes down as easy as you describe then they are nothing more then a pretender to the title IMO. Though god is one of those things whose power level really varies from point to point. (Like the Mortal Kombat 'gods')

Exactly. The venom was just part of a long line of new powers that just popped up out of convience.

I think I've seen a couple where the Nightmare is flat out destroyed, though I generally avoid those sort of fics. (Well Discord returning might be able to be done well, perhaps) Besides in most of the villain returns fics I've read the Mane 6 do not die.

I suppose I agree with you, but perhaps it's the lack of villains that is making their deaths proportionally less present.

Most times when I see one of the Mane 6 die, it's usually due to some tragedy like a disaster or stunt gone wrong.

As for Brawl. I would like to play but my internet is pretty worthless for that sort of thing.

Not exactly headcanon but an interesting idea:

Discord ended up creating Celestia and Luna during his reign. Just like he created the Manticores, and Dragon variants, and Griffons.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-08-17 at 02:40 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Actually, Brawl might be uniquely suited to a Pony fighter. Especially since it lets you put things like the Sonic Rainboom in as a final flash. (Celestia would totally send ponies to the moon).

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

As for Brawl. I would like to play but my internet is pretty worthless for that sort of thing.
    Oh my -GOD-, You Ponies have Magic and Friendship, but not a single one of you can indulge my battlelust with a good Brawl?

This is just depressing... And makes me worry about the Ponythread Fighting is Magic Tournament.

Actually, Brawl might be uniquely suited to a Pony fighter. Especially since it lets you put things like the Sonic Rainboom in as a final flash. (Celestia would totally send ponies to the moon).
    Final Smash. Final Flash is a completely different, but equally awesome (if not more so) ability. Remember the distinction.

Final Smash: SSBB

Final Flash: Saiyan, roughly translates into "That Dirrection Be ****ed". I've watched this video in my -dreams-....

Although it would be interesting to watch Ponies knoch eachother up. Smack someone into the screen for a laugh or two...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-08-17 at 02:43 PM.

21. - Top - End - #801

Spike could grow slowly over time if he charges up, and his final could simply be him growing huge.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #802
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spike could grow slowly over time if he charges up, and his final could simply be him growing huge.
    I need to see when Spike gets huge, 'cause that sounds like it would be fun.

I hope Zecora makes it into Fighting is Magic. Pinkie's little song provides an excellent moveset for her, or her magic system.

And like wise for Trixie. Her Level 3 could be a command hit summon; snips and snails rush along the ground running, and if they hit the target and aren't blocked, the Ursa Minor runs through. Kinda like She-Hulk's Level 3.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-08-17 at 02:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Oh my -GOD-, You Ponies have Magic and Friendship, but not a single one of you can indulge my battlelust with a good Brawl?

This is just depressing... And makes me worry about the Ponythread Fighting is Magic Tournament.

Final Smash. Final Flash is a completely different, but equally awesome (if not more so) ability. Remember the distinction.

Final Smash: SSBB

Final Flash: Saiyan, roughly translates into "That Dirrection Be ****ed". I've watched this video in my -dreams-....

Although it would be interesting to watch Ponies knoch eachother up. Smack someone into the screen for a laugh or two...
    Knock each other up?
    Spoiler
    Show

I think you mean knock each other out. It is an important distinction.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

this is perhaps the best description of anything ever.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

25. - Top - End - #805
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Knock each other up?
    Spoiler
    Show

I was refering to a top-of-the-screen based KO, not -that- kind of knock up, you nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    this is perhaps the best description of anything ever.
    It helps to have the best anything ever to describe.

26. - Top - End - #806

Knock each other up?
    Spoiler
    Show

Is there a picture for everything?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

34p. its the law.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I don't know...
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    34p. its the law.
    I'm curious enough to wonder, yet prehemptively too horrified to ask.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm curious enough to wonder, yet prehemptively too horrified to ask.
    "There is pony of it. No exceptions."