New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LI: FE

Heh ... Is this Plotception?

Spoiler
    Show

... Or Derpception?

Yes I'm aware that the use of the -ception suffix is an old meme, but IMA GONNA KEEP USING IT ANYWAY!

2. - Top - End - #962
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post

Spoiler
    Show

... Or Derpception?

Yes I'm aware that the use of the -ception suffix is an old meme, but IMA GONNA KEEP USING IT ANYWAY!
    Err, I cant see it, can someone post a bigger picture.....of Celestias......plot. Please?

Gah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Err, I cant see it, can someone post a bigger picture.....of Celestias......plot. Please?

Gah.
    There you go;
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #964

There you go;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, it's all I thought it would be and so much more! Shiny, too!

Naw, that's pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

5. - Top - End - #965
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

... Or Derpception?

First of all, that is frickin' brilliant and someone in the Hasbro packaging department needs to get a raise.

Second of all, I'm going to continue to fight my losing battle against the internet's attempts to redefine a word. Inception means "the beginning of something," not "a thing within itself." Remember how that movie was actually about a team's attempt to create THE BEGINNING OF a new idea? The latter definition is more accurately described as recursion.

Seriously, "inception" is the new "ironic," and that isn't a good thing
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-08-18 at 07:04 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

... Or Derpception?

I so rarely get to use this ponymote.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Bookmarking for later. Keep 'em coming.
    Ditto. Gonna compile them all. actualizing one of my ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Oh, we collecting our personal fanfics?

Sunny Skies All Day Long
    No Tame Forest
    My Faithful Student
    Sweet! You ever finish the fluttershy's brain fic?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Your wish is my command.

Clockwork. 23 chapters and still going.
    Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    The answer to this is yes, for the vast majority of people, as you well know. And for the rest, even gods ought to have some humility.
    You my friend spun like you might have some reading to do.

An enworld story hour/game lot, starting at Lady Despina's Virtue. A paladin catches a succubus who has been slowly wooing and trying to corrupt him. *Poised to strike her down, she repents and asks for forgiveness. He doesn't buy it, but the DM plays off of the player's sympathy for Miltonian Lucifer being a tragic figure; if he strikes her down, defenseless, without even hearin her out and with doubt in his heart, hasn't she won?

It gets more interesting from there, though it dries out after a bit as far as writing goes. It gets very high-brow.

My own take is that it's still emotionally moving and provides one with a sense of the beauty and transience of things, which is valuable to experience, but I do agree with you that the fandom has done a few too many variations on ponies getting old and dying. I'd guess it relates to the fascination to explore the implications of their very happy world and contemplate how it deals with bad things happening that would never make it onto the show. Although if I see one more "Spike outlives everypony and is very sad" fic/comic, I might be cross, so there is that.
    I know! Enough of sorrow, winter has come and gone! Time for spring, spring has sprung, spring needs to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    This is a good idea. It may even be worth adding the list (or a link to it) to the thread intro posts

All my stuff is on Fimfiction

What Dreams May Come
    Writing is Hard
    Duel Nature
    Always Has Been
    Dark Knight of Canterlot
    On it

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Well, Spike was literaly raised by Twilight,
    NOPE!

Spike was raised by Celestia. Spike is the pageboy who does background stuff while Twilight is the prefect-perfect student, both under Celestia's care, one by boarding school and one by fostering.

In fact, they live together as family, but there is a distinct, both teenaged and both somewhat exasperated sibling relationship there. But Spike has a life. He was courting moondancer, he knows ponies, he gets stuff done and he leaves on his own for business. Spike is the younger sibling but younger doesn't mean child. He's a baby dragon, sure. He's also an assistant secretary and a schmoozer.

Sequel? *I don't remember saying I was going to do a sequel. *My Faithful Student is the closest you're going to get to a sequel since it's in the same continuity. *

No, what I'm planning on doing (once I get this documented Nuzlocke run out of the way) is finishing up this fic that is essentially exploring Fluttershy's mindscape Psychonauts style.
    Hot darn!

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    . Muhahaha. Just according to pony keikaku (pony keikaku means keikaku).
    You're evil XD

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Everypony else already pointed out that Spike can make friends through his whole life. But I'll also add that this is not a unique problem of being a dragon. You could have said "elves" or "dwarves" "spirits" "gods" "alicorns" or pretty much any fantasy race that's long-lived. Heck, even among humans people die of accidents and diseases and have varied lifespans.*

Outliving others is a thing that happens. It's always sad, but rarely breaks people the way these comics seem to portray because, as already has been said, you're never too old to make new friends.
    Yeah. And creatures with naturally long lifespans have mechanisms for dealing with this. And besides, even of you liv forever, and your Friends live a century each, you're goin to be happy 99% of the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I'll get to compiling some of the other old-timers that I know had written fanfics, but currently aren't posting.
    Please do! In the meantime, I need to figure out how to write a "Spike outlives the Mane six" fic.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    First of all, that is frickin' brilliant and someone in the Hasbro packaging department needs to get a raise.

Second of all, I'm going to continue to fight my losing battle against the internet's attempts to redefine a word. Inception means "the beginning of something," not "a thing within itself." Remember how that movie was actually about a team's attempt to create THE BEGINNING OF a new idea? The latter definition is more accurately described as recursion.

Seriously, "inception" is the new "ironic," and that isn't a good thing
    PREACH IT BROTHER

9. - Top - End - #969
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I so rarely get to use this ponymote.
    I didn't even know it existed, could've used it when talking about the things I liked and disliked about the show for short

Spoiler
    Show

... Or Derpception?

....I don't yet it
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-08-18 at 07:35 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #970

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    NOPE!

Spike was raised by Celestia. Spike is the pageboy who does background stuff while Twilight is the prefect-perfect student, both under Celestia's care, one by boarding school and one by fostering.

In fact, they live together as family, but there is a distinct, both teenaged and both somewhat exasperated sibling relationship there. But Spike has a life. He was courting moondancer, he knows ponies, he gets stuff done and he leaves on his own for business. Spike is the younger sibling but younger doesn't mean child. He's a baby dragon, sure. He's also an assistant secretary and a schmoozer.
    Indeed, I don't know how anyone looks at a young, pre-S1E1 Twilight and thinks "Yeah, I bet she was a great mother figure for a baby dragon." Letting her raise a child would have been beyond irresponsible on Celestia's part, both because she wouldn't be all that good at it in that stage of her life and because it would have been a major distraction from her focus on learning everything she could about everything.

Also if you think Twi raised Spike as her son you're basically saying Hasbro is endorsing teenage motherhood.

And now that I've typed that, some Google search is going to lead to a major movement of super-right wing interest groups in the USA demonstrating against MLP. So if in about 6 months the Catholic Church comes out against bronys you can all blame me.

PREACH IT BROTHER
    ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

Please do! In the meantime, I need to figure out how to write a "Spike outlives the Mane six" fic.

If you want a rocket launcher to the spleen that badly, SiuiS, you could just ask...!

Maybe he means a positive one, chief...

Oh, hush, you.

Also, what Eakin said. On the use of "inception."

Right, meditation time - I have spent a long and somewhat tedious day painting, and I've still only managed to finish the infantry and six out of sixteen AFVs (though at least all of 'em are now base coated).
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-18 at 07:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #972

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Also, what Eakin said. On the use of "inception... and eveything else he's ever said and might ever say in the future"
    FTFY, Commander. No need to thank me.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I found a compilation pic of a comic series. If you can make it to the end without tearing up, you have no soul.
    WARNING: IMAGE IS VERY TALL AND HAS ALL THE SAD
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/378/117/7f5.jpg[IMG]
    I don't cry easy but i get close when things are really sad. This is one of those times...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #974

Random musing for the day: Cake's "Short Skirt Long Jacket" is so shockingly easy to apply Rarity too I'm shocked it's not a PMV already.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

Crack-Theory-Time;

Discord. Imprisoned for a thousand years or two, the first thing he does upon escaping his eternal prison is launch into what is clearly a pre-meditated plan. He inflicts chaos of unprecedented levels on Equestria and outright Dares the wielders of the Elements of Harmony to try to imprison him again. After defeating his distractions and getting everything together, they fire the elements at him, and he is reduced to a statue once more.

All according to Keikaku. (Note - Keikaku means plan).
    Discord's real goal here isn't revenge, it's freedom and safety. He knows that Celestia dare not leave him free, and that she will send the Elements and their wielders after him, so the only way to be free of his statue prison is to convince them that they have won.
    He overplays the chaos side of things, turns it way up to 11 and makes himself out to be the biggest, most insane and uncontrollable godlike madman and goads the Wielders of the Elements of Harmony into giving him everything they've got.

When they finally beat his apparent plot and activate the elements, he plays along, substituting an illusion of himself for the target and making a real statue out of it as the elements hit empty space. One lightshow later, the ponies who were too angry to be thinking clearly and too relieved to have clearly won, (as chaos subsides), are convinced a dangerous lunatic is sealed away forever, once more. Discord is free to drop the malicious trickster act (which he cribbed from his own, pre-imprisonment self and turned up to 11), and leaves equestria to take up a quiet life of only occaisional metaphysical sillyness in a land outside of Pony control. He walks away in disguise, to slightly familiar sad walking away music. (But finally free).

16. - Top - End - #976

I am beginning to suspect there are only so many times you can read the sad-old-pony-death stories without it becoming ineffective, no matter how well done or not - especially when you've seen this sort of thing before.

My reaction (as this was the thing that thubby posted the first page of the other day) is now at the stage of irritation that this has become such a cliche. Heck, sad-pony-grief is practically a genera all itself now.

What depresses me is the larger majority of fics and such, aside from a few scattered one-shots, are tending more towards this or the grimdark end of the pond, whereas the more upbeat, show-like stuff seems to be in the minority. I wanna use pony for something, y'know, uplifting entertainment, light-hearted and amusing...

For a show that's obtained a huge following by being really cheerful, bright and hopeful, the fanbase can be downright lugubrious at times...
    Hey Lichie! You know how you were going on about how everyone hates Spike, how he's effectively the punching bag of the brony community?

There's a third fic out there. You won't find any of the mane six dying from changeling venom out here; nope, they just carried the idea to the logical extreme: kill Spike.

Here, have a desk. Skull on mahogany sounds so much better, I think.

Of interest to you, perhaps, is the fact that attending Everfree NW has bumped up my brony status to "Brony--stage 4."

Total swag purchased:
    Spoiler
    Show

I tell myself that I'll use these for tie tacks--it will allow me to be a stealth brony at work. I got Fluttershy, Trixie, Big Mac, and Derpy, as well as a stained-glass Derpy.

Cutie Mark badges for Big Mac, Fluttershy, and DJ Pon-3: Never again shall my favorite shirts be pony-less!
    Several stickers: free is good.
    And, the only print I actually gave in and bought:
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Crack-Theory-Time;

Discord. Imprisoned for a thousand years or two, the first thing he does upon escaping his eternal prison is launch into what is clearly a pre-meditated plan. He inflicts chaos of unprecedented levels on Equestria and outright Dares the wielders of the Elements of Harmony to try to imprison him again. After defeating his distractions and getting everything together, they fire the elements at him, and he is reduced to a statue once more.

Discord's real goal here isn't revenge, it's freedom and safety. He knows that Celestia dare not leave him free, and that she will send the Elements and their wielders after him, so the only way to be free of his statue prison is to convince them that they have won.
    He overplays the chaos side of things, turns it way up to 11 and makes himself out to be the biggest, most insane and uncontrollable godlike madman and goads the Wielders of the Elements of Harmony into giving him everything they've got.

When they finally beat his apparent plot and activate the elements, he plays along, substituting an illusion of himself for the target and making a real statue out of it as the elements hit empty space. One lightshow later, the ponies who were too angry to be thinking clearly and too relieved to have clearly won, (as chaos subsides), are convinced a dangerous lunatic is sealed away forever, once more. Discord is free to drop the malicious trickster act (which he cribbed from his own, pre-imprisonment self and turned up to 11), and leaves equestria to take up a quiet life of only occaisional metaphysical sillyness in a land outside of Pony control. He walks away in disguise, to slightly familiar sad walking away music. (But finally free).
    ...oh wow.
    I like this theory.
    I may headcanon this.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Banned

If you want a rocket launcher to the spleen that badly, SiuiS, you could just ask...!

Maybe he means a positive one, chief...

Oh, hush, you.

Also, what Eakin said. On the use of "inception."

Right, meditation time - I have spent a long and somewhat tedious day painting, and I've still only managed to finish the infantry and six out of sixteen AFVs (though at least all of 'em are now base coated).
    Trust, bro! Trust.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweet! You ever finish the fluttershy's brain fic?
    No, for some reason I committed myself to making a story documented Nuzlocke Run, and now I have to finish it before I can do anything else. :(

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Would anypony mind me adding them to my GitP Buddy list?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

21. - Top - End - #981
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I added myself to my buddy list. You can too!

PONYTHREAD, I NEED YOUR HELP

I am doing a final year university course and I need data. Could you spare 10 minutes and hit up this survey for me? It's non-intrusive and quick, and I only need a total of 50 responses.

If you perform this service for me, I shall shout your name at the top of my lungs at some random moment in time in real life.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-08-18 at 10:53 PM.

22. - Top - End - #982

I won't mind, but I honestly never realized the forum had a buddy list function

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

If you perform this service for me, I shall shout your name at the top of my lungs at some random moment in time in real life.
    Done.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Banned

I am doing a final year university course and I need data. Could you spare 10 minutes and hit up this survey for me? It's non-intrusive and quick, and I only need a total of 50 responses.

I have no reason to believe you won't spontaneously shout my name at some point anyway, but sure. I'll take your survey.

go right ahead! Don't know what it does though. Inform me?

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

That should be another for you. Assuming nothing weird happened.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Crack-Theory-Time;

Cool theory. My only modification is that he is still spreading chaos. Just more subtle things which result in Lesson Zero type shenanigans. Somewhere in Equestria there is always a Lesson Zero happening.

Done! During a Sports Event if you please
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Barbarian in the Playground

Another one done. And it was more like 2 minutes of time.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I have no reason to believe you won't spontaneously shout my name at some point anyway, but sure. I'll take your survey.

go right ahead! Don't know what it does though. Inform me?
    I also did the survey, but I can't see someone shouting "Tvtyrant" in the street. Unless you went into a TV store and shouted it at some other person in the store....

Spoiler
    Show

I just noticed the buddy list, so I want to start collecting adding people.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

29. - Top - End - #989

Done and done. By the way, that survey didn't really have an option for "I pirate everything I can lay my hands on even if I could buy it through Amazon or iTunes."

You know, just in case someone who isn't me would have picked that over the available options

*cough*

Just in case, it's pronounced Eeee-kin, just in case you'd been wondering
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-08-18 at 11:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly I just prefer bugging people that I want to talk to for their chat handle that I can link to Trillian.