Spoiler
    Show

And big finish
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponythread RP: Next Stop Fimfiction!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prince Regeln stared at the screen for several moments, mouth agape, as he struggled to make sense of what he had just witnessed. When he had first learned of his assignment as Boffinspark’s keeper, he had expected face situations that would likely tax the very limits of his sanity, but this…"Was that...you had...SMOOZE?" the ancient dragon finally managed to sputter, an admixture of confusion and mounting rage preventing him from speaking clearly.

Professor Boffinspark flattened his ears as he glanced about nervously for a moment, trying to think of a response that wouldn't further enrage the prince. "You see," the professor began, "I had been working methods to combat known Class-V threats, and the smooze certainly fell under that heading. To tell the truth, I believe I may be nearing a major breakthrough on the subject, utilizing employing high intensity Pink One energy to denature the subject's regenerative capabilities." Boffinspark's features brightened considerably as he relayed this last piece of information, his eagerness to put his scientific genius on display quickly outweighing his fear of royal retribution.

Regeln gritted his teeth and screwed his eyes shut as he forced himself to swallow his anger. Regardless of how he personally despised the criminally reckless mad scientist, Regeln was forced to admit that the professor's ability to destroy nearly anything given the resources was nearly unparalleled among Princess Celestia’s subjects. "So you're saying you can stop that thing? Well, what are you waiting for?"

Ah, yes, the thing is, you see, I haven't actually finished retrofitting the emitter array with the proper focusing reflectors to generate the intensity required to achieve the needed infusion levels."

"So what you're saying is?"

"It will be a few days before I can do anything to stop it."

Regeln did a few swift calculations in his head, trying to determine how much damage the mutated smooze would do before the professor could stop it. Finally, he let out a defeated sigh and buried his face in his hooves. Well, he thought, it's not as though this is the first time Ponyville's been destroyed.
    RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    *floats out of shadows*
    there are always other options. and so much less messy, too. after all-
    *whispers in regeln's ear*
    what is one pony's soul for a city?
    you're a practical creature, I'm sure you know what's best.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-08-12 at 12:53 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LI: FE

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Though it is unlikely to help my situation, I am oblidged to point out that I am not, in fact, what could be classified as "tall" but quite staggeringly average-height.

Hopereaver is tall, I'll grant you.
    Easy fix: Transplant a couple of extra legbones onto your existing ones.

Enjoy unparalleled dunking ability.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    You lot are confusing
    Aye, but that's why we love them so. Also, what else are we going to watch while eating all this popcorn?

*offers bucket of the good butter 'n salted stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    There are those who hold that math is among the highest truths.

Is your position at least as valid as theirs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Math makes the assumptions that there are things, and those things are distinct from other things, and those things are like enough to be abstracted into multiple units of the exact same things.

Useful abstraction. But abstraction.
    You don't even need to go that much into abstractions; talk to any Math major in their senior year, and they will swear that higher-level math is nothing short of black magic.

Writing update, because I like keeping myself honest: My dizziness problems threw a wrench in my writing plans, as they happened right as I was about to devote a whole week to cranking out Chapter 3. Now that I'm feeling a bit better, I think I'll be able to get a version worth looking over out by later this week.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Woah.
    Indeed. Someone should copy&paste this conversation somewhere in case it turns out to be importent somewhere down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I meet a vampire
    It speaks of lies and the truth
    Fire the OFC

Spoiler
    Show

And big finish
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponythread RP: Next Stop Fimfiction!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prince Regeln stared at the screen for several moments, mouth agape, as he struggled to make sense of what he had just witnessed. When he had first learned of his assignment as Boffinspark’s keeper, he had expected face situations that would likely tax the very limits of his sanity, but this…"Was that...you had...SMOOZE?" the ancient dragon finally managed to sputter, an admixture of confusion and mounting rage preventing him from speaking clearly.

Professor Boffinspark flattened his ears as he glanced about nervously for a moment, trying to think of a response that wouldn't further enrage the prince. "You see," the professor began, "I had been working methods to combat known Class-V threats, and the smooze certainly fell under that heading. To tell the truth, I believe I may be nearing a major breakthrough on the subject, utilizing employing high intensity Pink One energy to denature the subject's regenerative capabilities." Boffinspark's features brightened considerably as he relayed this last piece of information, his eagerness to put his scientific genius on display quickly outweighing his fear of royal retribution.

Regeln gritted his teeth and screwed his eyes shut as he forced himself to swallow his anger. Regardless of how he personally despised the criminally reckless mad scientist, Regeln was forced to admit that the professor's ability to destroy nearly anything given the resources was nearly unparalleled among Princess Celestia’s subjects. "So you're saying you can stop that thing? Well, what are you waiting for?"

Ah, yes, the thing is, you see, I haven't actually finished retrofitting the emitter array with the proper focusing reflectors to generate the intensity required to achieve the needed infusion levels."

"So what you're saying is?"

"It will be a few days before I can do anything to stop it."

Regeln did a few swift calculations in his head, trying to determine how much damage the mutated smooze would do before the professor could stop it. Finally, he let out a defeated sigh and buried his face in his hooves. Well, he thought, it's not as though this is the first time Ponyville's been destroyed.

Ponythread RP: Family Values
    Spoiler
    Show
    Silent Night was having a very bad day. Well, it was better than some days, like the time he was a muffen, but this was going in the books as "the day every pony in Canterlot learned that he existed, and they hated him". Sure, there was the fact he had a dragon with some shapeshifting skills on his trail and that his highest-ranking servants in Equestria were missing or currantly dead, but the fact that he pretty much made himself public was easly the worst part. While the distruction of hundreds of ponies loyal to him thanks to Boffensparks cannons weighed heavly on his mind, he had more importent things to do.

He sighed as Nightcore gave a huff and walked out, probably to find that pesudopony she loved so much. He knew that, dispite spending years knowing him, she would never get used to his...condition.
    Knowing her, she would cry out her sorrows to the Fleece-raised demigod and expect the assistance that only a being with tenticals could give to forget them. Silent had a open mind when it came to such things as the pleasures of the flesh, after all the cult's naming conventions encuraged large familes with the same basic names, but he was worried that his little angel was being taken advantege of by shapeshifting god-thing. Admitly, he did find the mare in a temple dedicated to herself, dazed and confused, with little Nightcore trailing behind him, so perhapes as long as she was nice to her it would not be a issue. He blinked. Had it realy been twenty years?

He then narrowed his dry eyes as his thoughts trailed to the matters of the Prince. Yes, he did not like the way either of them looked at each other, but lightened his expression when he relised the inevitable conclusion would be a large dragonic corpse to use in his plan for a undead complex.

He raised a leathery limb in mild annoyance at the acidic smoozeish monstrosity before him, and trailed a cracked and dusty hoof over the controls for the screen, but was interupted by the feeling of his flesh boiling in there own juices and the smell of sulfur. He gave a wide, slimy grin. Ah, Charnel.

"How was your day, dear?" He asked innocently. His yellow eyes betrayed him by rolling in there dusty sockets.

"Oh, daddy, it was so scary! First it was fun, and ponies where happy and stuff, but then a pony was threating me, and then a big scary monster showed up and started yelling, but then mommy stood up to it but then a big water thing came out of nowhere! Oh, daddy!"

Silent was slightly guilty at the distress he caused for the little black filly. He took her hug, dispite knowing he would end up dripping over the floor before it was over, and rubbed the fillies hair, which both felt and looked like a red giant. He instinctivly winced as his skin slowly cracked and fizzled, and quickly felt the sensation of his skin tightening and his skin dripping off his hooves like wax. Neverless, the filly simply squeezed at his midsection. He finaly responded to the worrying filly in the same tone (and accent, and voice, for that matter: magical existance gives on some perks) he used with the little one's in the cult daycare centers.

"Don't worry, you will be alright, daddy is going to make the pony who did those bad things pay."
    Ah, parenting.

Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-08-12 at 01:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    But Yunno barely did anything, beyond handing off Raising Heart. Perhaps Reinforce would be a better example?

[Edit] Or perhaps Negi / Asuna would be a better comparison.
    Well though few and far between Yunno had some badass moments fighting against Arf and later the Wolfenritter. Saved Nanoha's hide a few times.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    You don't even need to go that much into abstractions; talk to any Math major in their senior year, and they will swear that higher-level math is nothing short of black magic.
    Combinatorical proofs are essentially unbridled mysticism. We start by invoking quantum pigeons and then move onto studying the weft density of possibility threads by assuming they must have tensile strength.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I meet a vampire
    It speaks of lies and the truth
    Fire the OFC

Spoiler
    Show

And big finish
    Spoiler
    Show

Mmmm, Breakfast. Delicious, than you.

Oh, uuh, I mean, Oooh, ow. That hurts, quite a lot. I am inconvenienced! Alas, alack!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh hey, while the eternal nuclear explosion bathes your continent in its radioactive embrace, have you had any more thoughts on your game? Specifically which system you'd like to use? I want to read up on one or the Rhee but can't pick, and don't want to devote my few spare minutes to the wrong one :P

RiM season two is a far cry above and beyond season 1 though. Wow.
    The more I look at the game, the more I think RiM S2E is the most appropriate mechanic. And yes, they've done alot of work in the new edition.

Going to probably say no dragon characters though, unless someone can give me a really good reason why there is one catching a train from Canterlot

Speaking of Chargen, my list of NPC's is woefully short. You guys who are GM's, how do you make and then keep track of your NPC's? Do you normally stat them out, or do you write a short bio for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I though I was confusing
    Never said you weren't

Aye, but that's why we love them so. Also, what else are we going to watch while eating all this popcorn?

*offers bucket of the good butter 'n salted stuff*
    *Om nom noms.*

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of Chargen, my list of NPC's is woefully short. You guys who are GM's, how do you make and then keep track of your NPC's? Do you normally stat them out, or do you write a short bio for them?
    Two things you need to do:

1) You write enough that you can get to know how they think. Some prose with them, some notes, whatever it takes to get into their head, and realize what their thought process might be for most situations.

2) Basic stats, detail is relative to importance. Your big players you'll want to have a good idea of level, wealth, abilities, etc, but for your more random mooks, shopkeepers, townsfolk, the bare minimum of their abilities can suffice. Know what they should be able to do, figure out what sort of roll modifiers they'll be dealing with, and go with it.

Important note: Figure out these modifiers ahead of time. Doing it on the fly tends to rule in the player's favor, makes it too easy for them.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Colossus in the Playground

The more I look at the game, the more I think RiM S2E is the most appropriate mechanic. And yes, they've done alot of work in the new edition.

Going to probably say no dragon characters though, unless someone can give me a really good reason why there is one catching a train from Canterlot

I can help! My NPC list looks like this:

Spoiler
    Show
    [Spring Prince] Cornelius Talmage
    Male Spring Court Fairest Muse
    Madly upbeat used car salesman
    “Seize the day, no matter the cost”

Hans Gruber
    Male Autumn Court Manikin Elemental
    Hobo King
    “Why make something if I’m not getting paid for it?”

Robert Cludge
    Male Winter Court Gristlegrinder Ogre
    Cannibal construction Worker
    “I’m sure the smart folk will work it out.”

Ecetera. Gives me a simple, flavourful platform that I can leverage into more detailed personalities if the PCs take a shine to them. If the PCs ignore, kill or overlook them, then I haven't wasted a lot of work/don't need to shoehorn them into the story.

Peripheral NPCs can stay in the periphery, never becoming more than their outwards appearance would suggest (unless you decide to step them into the spotlight). Important NPCs become increasingly elaborate, with aspects of their personality discussed, revealed and explored on. This technique works decently for tabletop games (you sometimes have to think really fast if the PCs unexpectedly, say, go for a jaunt into the NPC's Astral Space) and excellently for PBPs (because you always have time to think between replies).

More examples in the NPC cabals section of Skyscraper Graveyard.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Two things you need to do:

1) You write enough that you can get to know how they think. Some prose with them, some notes, whatever it takes to get into their head, and realize what their thought process might be for most situations.

2) Basic stats, detail is relative to importance. Your big players you'll want to have a good idea of level, wealth, abilities, etc, but for your more random mooks, shopkeepers, townsfolk, the bare minimum of their abilities can suffice. Know what they should be able to do, figure out what sort of roll modifiers they'll be dealing with, and go with it.

Important note: Figure out these modifiers ahead of time. Doing it on the fly tends to rule in the player's favor, makes it too easy for them.
    I can help! My NPC list looks like this:

Spoiler
    Show
    [Spring Prince] Cornelius Talmage
    Male Spring Court Fairest Muse
    Madly upbeat used car salesman
    “Seize the day, no matter the cost”

Hans Gruber
    Male Autumn Court Manikin Elemental
    Hobo King
    “Why make something if I’m not getting paid for it?”

Robert Cludge
    Male Winter Court Gristlegrinder Ogre
    Cannibal construction Worker
    “I’m sure the smart folk will work it out.”

Ecetera. Gives me a simple, flavourful platform that I can leverage into more detailed personalities if the PCs take a shine to them. If the PCs ignore, kill or overlook them, then I haven't wasted a lot of work/don't need to shoehorn them into the story.

Peripheral NPCs can stay in the periphery, never becoming more than their outwards appearance would suggest (unless you decide to step them into the spotlight). Important NPCs become increasingly elaborate, with aspects of their personality discussed, revealed and explored on. This technique works decently for tabletop games (you sometimes have to think really fast if the PCs unexpectedly, say, go for a jaunt into the NPC's Astral Space) and excellently for PBPs (because you always have time to think between replies).

More examples in the NPC cabals section of Skyscraper Graveyard.
    Very handy tips, thanks guys!

11. - Top - End - #191

Very handy tips, thanks guys!
    The chief feature of my shorthand is that it allows me to maintain 30-40 distinct NPCs without confusion or a billion hours of writing.

As far as stats go, the best approach is to understand the system. I understand the WoD well enough to eyeball how many dice a guy should be rolling based on approximately how good he's meant to be. This saves me infinity time writing statblocks.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Myths aren't lies.

Can a lie unite a nation, arm a crusade, burn an empire?

Can a lie save a child, kill a fool, trust a monster?

That these things happen makes them true.
    Of course a lie can save a child. For example some guy comes o you and says "I'm going to kill child X, where is she?" and you say "she is in place Omega", but in real she is in place Alpha, and the guy goes there, you saved a child. With a lie. And when the guy says "You're nice for helping me, let's get get a drink", you made a monster trust you, also with a lie. And when you say "Let's meet at bar Four", knowing there will be a shoot-out, you killed a fool. Again with a lie.

Descend.

The lies we tell are determined by our psychology.
    Eyup.

Our psychology is determined by our biology.
    Eyup.

Our biology is determined by physics.
    Eyup.

Physics is determined by math.
    Uhm, math is just a way to describe physics, and to help the mind. It gives access to another viewpoint, sometimes differnt from the normal, prosaic or emotional way of thinking.

Math is a series of convenient lies.

Nothing is true.

What question do you ask next?

Ascend.
    Everything is true.

Math makes the assumptions that there are things, and those things are distinct from other things, and those things are like enough to be abstracted into multiple units of the exact same things.

Useful abstraction. But abstraction.
    Math doesn't assume anything, which is why it's always true. Math doesn't determine anything, and nothing determines math. And since there is no point of reference, there can't be any difference between what you think and what there is. The abstraction is already the thing itself. Which of course means math in itself is completely useless, since it doesn't tell you anything about anything. But it's a nice tool for science.

of course; their truth is his. It feeds directly into his circle of truth=myth=lie=myth=truth (or maybe that's a parabola? I'm tired, be kind.) and distinguishing the two is an act of willful ignorance.

Not to say that bad. In fact, learning when to say "**** you reality, these are te rules now" is a grand skill. Every pony should have it - in the metaphorical sense at least.
    I wonder how something simple like a circle can be so confusing. Then again, going in a circle never brought you anywhere you haven't been before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Of course a lie can save a child. For example some guy comes o you and says "I'm going to kill child X, where is she?" and you say "she is in place Omega", but in real she is in place Alpha, and the guy goes there, you saved a child. With a lie. And when the guy says "You're nice for helping me, let's get get a drink", you made a monster trust you, also with a lie. And when you say "Let's meet at bar Four", knowing there will be a shoot-out, you killed a fool. Again with a lie.
    That would seem to be the point. A lie can also unite a nation, arm a crusade, burn an empire. And has.

But the fires still stain the sunset orange-black, and the fields are still littered with a thousand rusting swords. Life and death answers to our abstractions and lies.

Saying that everything is a lie is half the journey. It is a point where it is easy to stop thinking, having disregarded the validity of the ideas that trouble you. The other half...

Everything is true.
    You must start deciding which lies to believe.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-08-12 at 06:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Two hours without posts?

What is going-

Spoiler
    Show

... Nevermind.

You see what happens when there is no pony?

I suppose they'll be wanting me to clean this mess up next...

Quote Originally Posted by Bleakmane View Post
    blahblahblah *noise*
    I can feel the testosterone pumping in this thread, which is amazing given how one challenger is a robot skeleton ghost and the other is a girl vampire pony.

It's a thing of beauty. Please, continue.
    *sigh*

You don't get it, do you?

There's a reason I'm not addressing "Bleakmane's" tired commentaries directly - she's not worth the effort. Ponythid was at least worth the effort of speaking to and expending the energy on shooting... "Bleakmane" does not even deserve that much of my effort. She's not even worth the effort of killing.

By far the worst thing is for her to know - if she truly is an alternate version of me - is that she will always be second-best; always the later comer, the reflection, the inferior copy. And I don't have to do anything more than exist.

Even if, somehow, she could manage to dispose of me - she can never get away from that, because you'll all still know. And she'll always still know.

Which - if she is indeed a poor reflection of me - will be far more intolerable a fate than anything else I could do to her.

So please, "Bleakmane", do continue your empty speeches, like a child throwing a tantrum. It's just background noise to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Are you trying to ship me with her? xD
    kay, I'll bite. How tall are the two of you?
    Well, she's about six foot two - she has occasional delusions of being Elven princess slash queen or something on a bad day -

Hey!

Okay, yeah, I do.

- and I'm somewhere in the 5'8" to 5"10" range (because last time I cared enough to measure it was somewhat crudely).

Yes, she's taller than me. Have I not mentioned this before? Perhaps I haven't, but there you go.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-12 at 08:11 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195

*sigh*

There's a reason I'm not addressing "Bleakmane's" tired commentaries directly - she's not worth the effort. Ponythid was at least worth the effort of speaking to and expending the energy on shooting... "Bleakmane" does not even deserve that much of my effort. She's not even worth the effort of killing.

By far the worst thing is for her to know - if she truly is an alternate version of me - is that she will always be second-best; always the later comer, the reflection, the inferior copy. And I don't have to do anything more than exist.

Even if, somehow, she could manage to dispose of me - she can never get away from that, because you'll all still know. And she'll always still know.

Which - if she is indeed a poor reflection of me - will be far more intolerable a fate than anything else I could do to her.

So please, "Bleakmane", do continue your empty speeches, like a child throwing a tantrum. It's just background noise to me...
    No, I understand perfectly. She is lady mirror. The hole carved out in the world by your hate. The shadow.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

No, I understand perfectly. She is lady mirror. The hole carved out in the world by your hate. The shadow.
    Sometimes, Thanqol, you come out with deep and meaningful, insightful philosphical statements that changes the way people look at the world.

This, however, is not one of them.

I mean, really... "The hole carved out in the world by your hate?"

The prose is purpler than strands of Twilight's and Rarity's hair dipped in a bucket of violet paint, attached to a giant sheet of indigo cardboard, held up by Spike, winning first prise at part of the Equestrian Most Purple Thing Contest as judged by Heliotrope McMagentapants, world renowned purple-thing-appreciator champion...

17. - Top - End - #197

Sometimes, Thanqol, you come out with deep and meaningful, insightful philosphical statements that changes the way people look at the world.

This, however, is not one of them.

I mean, really... "The hole carved out in the world by your hate?"

The prose is purpler than strands of Twilight's and Rarity's hair dipped in a bucket of violet paint, attached to a giant sheet of indigo cardboard, held up by Spike, winning first prise at part of the Equestrian Most Purple Thing Contest as judged by Heliotrope McMagentapants, world renowned purple-thing-appreciator champion...
    That would be the point. She is all the things you hate. Your hate directly lead to her creation. The things you were passionate about found form in the mirror, and so she steps, on velvet hooves, come to taunt you.

She is lesser because her prey is you.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

That would be the point. She is all the things you hate. Your hate directly lead to her creation. The things you were passionate about found form in the mirror, and so she steps, on velvet hooves, come to taunt you.

Riiiight.

I'm just going nod and (metaphorically smile) and pretend I have the faintest clue on what you're on about...

Besides, if she was an actual mirror, she'd be like, Good or something...

And... and... if she's the opposite of me, as I like winning, she must like losing! Huzzah!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-12 at 08:47 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199

Riiiight.

I'm just going nod and (metaphorically smile) and pretend I have the faintest clue on what you're on about...
    You know when you raise your right hand and your reflection raises it's left? And when you're upset your reflection glares at you? It's kinda like that but with magic.

And... and... if he's the opposite of me, as I like winning, she must like losing! Huzzah!
    She's not the opposite of you. She's what you hate. So she doesn't like winning; she likes making you lose.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Spamalot in the Playground

Watching "A Dog & Pony Show" with my daughter. She pointed out that Spike apparently has pockets. Otherwise, not sure where he pulled that gem out to use as bait.

It's fun rewatching the show with my daughter. She picks up on things I miss.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

21. - Top - End - #201

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Watching "A Dog & Pony Show" with my daughter. She pointed out that Spike apparently has pockets. Otherwise, not sure where he pulled that gem out to use as bait.

The minds of small children and internet goons are disturbingly alike.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post

This might be the first post this page that I actually understood. You guys are strange. TS-407's even worse off.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. Flying fish drink Kool-Aid.
    Corrupt data must be expunged. I must return to the surface.
    My appearance resonates with the sound of green.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

the same can be said of sociopaths >.>
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose I shouldn't tell you about the SRM Tribadicycl.
    I missed them...

Because lies are a myth, of course.
    A lie is just a great story someone ruined with the truth.

Well, she's about six foot two - she has occasional delusions of being Elven princess slash queen or something on a bad day -

Hey!

Okay, yeah, I do.

- and I'm somewhere in the 5'8" to 5"10" range (because last time I cared enough to measure it was somewhat crudely).

Yes, she's taller than me. Have I not mentioned this before? Perhaps I haven't, but there you go.
    Huh. well, she is closer to my ideal height.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

That would seem to be the point. A lie can also unite a nation, arm a crusade, burn an empire. And has.

But the fires still stain the sunset orange-black, and the fields are still littered with a thousand rusting swords. Life and death answers to our abstractions and lies.

Saying that everything is a lie is half the journey. It is a point where it is easy to stop thinking, having disregarded the validity of the ideas that trouble you. The other half...

You must start deciding which lies to believe.
    Actually, I don't have too. I can stick with the truth. Of course truth is a matter of a point of view, so it's a variable thing. But different perception isn't the same as lies.

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    the same can be said of sociopaths >.>
    Well, they all have underdeveloped brains. Similarcause, similar result. Of course small children will grow out of it. Except when they become or are sociopaths or internet goons.

Mirror images aren't created. They just appear out of nowhere when you step in front of a mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Actually, now that I reflect a little ...

S3 (In which I try to vent all my negativity in one place, all concentrated pessimism. I'm sure there'll be lots of cool stuff in the new season, so don't take this to mean I only predict doom and gloom, and maybe nothing of this will be as bad as I fear, but you never know )
    Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose I'm wary of Cadance and Shining Armor returning. I think this has pretty much been confirmed, and it's a major cause of concern for me, or even THE major concern. I was never very fond of either and seeing them again doesn't thrill me, to be frank.

I am also wary of the possibility of Discord showing up as anything other than a flashback. I don't know how likely this is, as far as I'm aware we only have a vague rumor based on something de Lancie said once, I think. But, you know ... we've had hints, so it's not impossible.

Trixie returning also is worth worrying a bit, because Trixie returning is a very Big Thing! I mean, on one hoof it's awesome that we get more of Trixie, I'm certainly eager for more Trixie, on the other hoof it could end up being terrible. Sure, Luna was also a huge thing and that went well, but that's no guarantee a second time will go just as well.

And then there's this possible new villain which ... I suppose we don't know a thing about him yet, but he worries me too. If he's another alicorn then I really don't think they can get away without explaining the whole alicorn thing, just shrugging it off again would be annoying. But on the other hoof I don't know if I want a canon explanation, because I have a fine explanation that I'm happy with and I don't want it ruined beyond fixing. But ... it's just not the kind of thing you can keep not explaining.

And then there's my constant worry about the seeming trend of diminishing the royal sisters. The crystal empire with Cadance and possibly some alicorn dude ... could do a lot of damage to Celestia and Luna, as characters. This is the sort of thing that changes the tone and feel of the setting, and already has to some extent.
    Season 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    I share all of these concerns with you. All of them. Nevertheless, I remain confident that season 3 will be just as good as 1 and 2.

Oh thank Celestia, you're off the puns. Now I can enter the thread.

Ever had a deathly fear removed? It's... hilarious.
    At first I assumed that these two sentences were related and that you had a deathly fear of puns.

Good to hear that your friend is okay though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdr.Fallout View Post
    This just in: Ponies.

We now go to our man on the scene, the Commander, for more.

"Yes, it seems that, indeed: Ponies. Back to you, Commander."

Thank you Commander.
    Ponies? Goodness, how rare!

Also, welcome to Ponythread!

What? We discussed it in depth 30 pages ago. How did you miss it then buy catch it now?

I suppose I shouldn't tell you about the SRM Tribadicycl.
    ._. The what now?

Cool looking cosplays:
    Spoiler
    Show

And an awesome pic from Applesarcum
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

So many points to respond to. It's almost enough to flatter a filly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *sigh*

Should I point out the Irony here, do you think?

A child throws a fit
    It screams out it's indignation,
    Fingers in it's ears.

Here's a story I once heard . It's not very long.

Everytime you exhale, a little bit of your soul escapes.
    Luckily, you almost always inhale quick enough to get it back before anyone else does.

Ever fog up a mirror with your breath?

Don't do that.

Riiiight.

And... and... if she's the opposite of me, as I like winning, she must like losing! Huzzah!

So cute when you're flailing. Silly Bleakbane, don't you get it? I have evolved beyond your naive need for a dualistic morality system, your hollow notions of Good and Evil.

And my ego is not so fragile that I must gorge it with unabated success.

You know when you raise your right hand and your reflection raises it's left? And when you're upset your reflection glares at you? It's kinda like that but with magic.

She's not the opposite of you. She's what you hate. So she doesn't like winning; she likes making you lose.

Bleakbane's frustrations are delicious, but it's worth not overstating his importance to either myself or my world view, little shadow.

Actually, I don't have too. I can stick with the truth.

The Truth is one of my favourite Lies.

Alternatively, have a pony comic that explains EVERYTHING.
    Spoiler
    Show

And a link that explains absolutely NOTHING.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

S3
    Spoiler
    Show
    I kind of want it to set down radically altered backstories and histories. The story as it is so far is extremely flat, but has wonderful characters. Someponies have invented intricate fandoms to get around this, but it doesn't change the fact that most of it is fan invented.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    S3
    Spoiler
    Show
    I kind of want it to set down radically altered backstories and histories. The story as it is so far is extremely flat, but has wonderful characters. Someponies have invented intricate fandoms to get around this, but it doesn't change the fact that most of it is fan invented.
    S3
    Spoiler
    Show
    i disagree. there are signs of depth in a lot of things. that they don't lay down a lot of hard world building and instead just let us know it's there is what gives fan creations so much room to run around in.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

A lot of people in the internet have serious problems spelling R-a-r-i-t-y.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    Well, obviously, there is no need to search for "Rarity is Best Pony", it's simple and common knowledge.
    Good work, chaps. Best pony is best, no matter what spurious evidence gets thrown our way.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Ask and you shall receive.

Spoiler
    Show

Good man.

Oh dear, I leave for two two days and almost miss another debate on the nature of truth. No matter, I'll just use my mouthpiece here:
    Spoiler
    Show

"The notion that things can be classified as either truths or lies possesses a very special brand of chuckle-worthy quaintness. Any skilled liar knows that truth exists in degrees from none to all and that no lie is entirely untrue, and that no truth is entirely free of lies."

"Then again, I could have equally argued that "truth" and "lie" are worthless concepts and that it's all a matter of stories that are more or less believeable. But I won't, except inasmuch as I just did. I'll let Thanqol get to that bit. In the mean time, consider this: Thanqol claims that all things are lies while "forgetting" to mention that all lies are not equally untrue. A nice trick, sir. I tip my hat to you."

*fades away, starting at the tail and-*

"ta-ta, everypony"

*-ending at the grin*

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

The Truth is one of my favourite Lies.

*poofs back*

"Oh dear. You really are a dangerous one."
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-08-12 at 02:24 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.