New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #1441
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

Nikolas looks at Quinn excitedly and points out the obviously visible skyscrapers to her, "Look! We're almost there. I can almost taste the smog in the air now!" A strange thing to say to be sure, but having lived most of his life out in the boonies, there was something you missed about some of the horrendous living conditions in the big city.

Filled with glee, Nikolas runs ahead with Orobas in his arms, dashing to the city awkwardly carrying his small, psychic bundle.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The attendant informs you, "You two will battle in our ground-themed arena. The door is right over there," he says, pointing to one of the large doors out of the area.

"Good luck to you," Minnie says politely as you both walk to your round.

When your platform raises up into the battlefield, you immediately realize the area is covered in a sandstorm. There's a protective bubble around your and Minnie's trainer platforms, but the rest of the place is a desert. There are also various spots of treacherous quicksand throughout the battlefield.

"Whoa! Okay, go Rhyperior!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Information on how the sandy terrain and quicksand tiles behave are in the legend below the map.
    Leo releases venusaur calmly. He could win this if he kept his head. There were several strategies to beat this pokemon, but his best bet was probably with his grass type.

Start setting up. Substitute.

The venusaur creates a shadow of itself made of grassy leaves and vines to take the brunt of any damage the rhyperior would throw at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sub. Hp 26.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Nikolas looks at Quinn excitedly and points out the obviously visible skyscrapers to her, "Look! We're almost there. I can almost taste the smog in the air now!" A strange thing to say to be sure, but having lived most of his life out in the boonies, there was something you missed about some of the horrendous living conditions in the big city.

Filled with glee, Nikolas runs ahead with Orobas in his arms, dashing to the city awkwardly carrying his small, psychic bundle.
    Quinn lets out a genuine laugh at your comment. "No kidding!" Having spent most of her time in the clean climate of Port Tidings, she was fully cognizant of how incredibly polluted the air in Xylo tended to be. "Whoa, wait up!" she shouts as she runs behind you.

As you two get closer to the city, you come across a little girl crying on the side of the road. Her sobs definitely put a damper on your joy from almost being at the city...

Quinn dutifully goes up to the little girl and asks, "What's the matter young lady?"

Between sniffs, the girl chokes out her answer. "Bad people took my daddy! We were out here playing with Snuggles and suddenly some bad people threw smoke at us and I don't know what happened next but my daddy's gone!"

"Oh no," Quinn says sadly. She turns to you and asks, "Do you want to help me find this girl's dad?"

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Troll in the Playground

Nikolas' march screeches to a half and he follows closely as Quinn's heels to listen to what the girl has to say. "What kind of person kidnapped a grown man and separated him from his daughter?" Images of the the man who tried to take Orobas from him immediately surface and in spite of himself, he can feel his eyes settling into a harsh glare. No. There were plenty of people out in the world who were perfectly fine committing themselves to hurting others. It was one thing to hurt another person, but targeting family?

He places a hand on Quinn's shoulder and nods. "I don't know if I'll be much help but I'll do my best to support you." Looking around the area he asks, "So where do we start looking?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception to examine surrounding area: (2d6+1)[12]
    Intuition to read the little girl's reaction and/or well-being: (3d6+1)[9]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2013-03-27 at 11:57 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

Pitch quickly orders his team around the clearing, seeking to defend all sides against whatever there is out there. Hopefully with Lighter's and Outlet's light they can see whatever is coming.

You may want to put that down, he says, gesturing towards the Pokeball in the Absol's mouth. We might need you.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

6. - Top - End - #1446

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leo releases venusaur calmly. He could win this if he kept his head. There were several strategies to beat this pokemon, but his best bet was probably with his grass type.

Start setting up. Substitute.

The venusaur creates a shadow of itself made of grassy leaves and vines to take the brunt of any damage the rhyperior would throw at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sub. Hp 26.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually yeah, let's just fudge the details of these next few battles. Some back and forth but no die rolls necessary.

"Rhyperior, run it through!"

The large boulder-like Pokemon rumbles up to your Venusaur's substitute and tears through it with the sharp horn on its forehead!

7. - Top - End - #1447

Nikolas' march screeches to a half and he follows closely as Quinn's heels to listen to what the girl has to say. "What kind of person kidnapped a grown man and separated him from his daughter?" Images of the the man who tried to take Orobas from him immediately surface and in spite of himself, he can feel his eyes settling into a harsh glare. No. There were plenty of people out in the world who were perfectly fine committing themselves to hurting others. It was one thing to hurt another person, but targeting family?

He places a hand on Quinn's shoulder and nods. "I don't know if I'll be much help but I'll do my best to support you." Looking around the area he asks, "So where do we start looking?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception to examine surrounding area: [roll0]
    Intuition to read the little girl's reaction and/or well-being: [roll1]
    "Thanks, Nikolas." Quinn turns to the little girl and asks, "What's your name, young lady?"

"Penny," the child says softly.

Quinn puts her arms around her and says reassuringly, "Don't worry, Penny. I'm Quinn and this is my friend Nikolas. We're going to help you find your father, alright? But we need you to help us get started if you can. Do you know where the bad men took him?"

Penny shakes her head with a pout. "I don't know...my daddy was just yelling at them not to hurt me..."

Your knack for empathy reveals pretty much what you already know, that this girl is pretty shaken up. She isn't likely to be of much help, unfortunately. While examining the surrounding area though, you do notice some severely trampled shrubbery nearby. The rest of the bushes in that area are intact, but one section is almost nonexistent.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just going to let you decide if this stuff hits or not

Knock 'em out Saur! The venasaur sends out a cloud of sleeping powder towards the rock monolith while healing from its black sludge.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1449

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch quickly orders his team around the clearing, seeking to defend all sides against whatever there is out there. Hopefully with Lighter's and Outlet's light they can see whatever is coming.

You may want to put that down, he says, gesturing towards the Pokeball in the Absol's mouth. We might need you.
    The Absol nods in agreement and deposits the Pokeball near the fire, bracing itself for whatever might be coming.

Each tense moment feels like hours as it passes without incident. Your mind starts playing tricks on you. Is that something moving in the darkness over there? No, there's nothing there. Are those leaves really moving on their own? That makes no sense at all.

Carn continues his whistling on the other side of the clearing. Is he whistling louder now? No, softer. Wait, what was that? Nothing, it was nothing.

Suddenly the deathly stillness is finally interrupted by a familiar feeling. It takes you a moment to place it...

It's the feeling of air being sucked into a vacuum in preparation for a Razor Wind attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    You have one turn to do what you will, battle rules apply.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2013-03-27 at 08:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1450

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just going to let you decide if this stuff hits or not

Knock 'em out Saur! The venasaur sends out a cloud of sleeping powder towards the rock monolith while healing from its black sludge.
    The Rhyperior has no clue your Venusaur even did anything because the powder blends in with the raging sandstorm. Before it realizes what's going on, it's already...

"Rhyperior! Rhyperior, wake up!" Minnie shouts in vain.

The Rhyperior is sound asleep.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground

Kneeling down, Nikolas puts a comforting hand on Penny's shoulder and tries to offer a few comforting words before leaving to investigate. He didn't really know what it was like to lose a father but he could relate to what he knew the girl was feeling at the moment, hopelessness. "H-hey, you don't have to cry anymore okay? We're here to help. Quinn is a Pokemon Ranger you know? They're, uh experts at doing these kinds of jobs, you know? And me? I...well I-I... can't just let a cute girl cry her heart out can I? So just...wait for us, okay? We'll do our best to find your father for sure." Cringing inwardly at his embarrassingly direct speech, Nikolas retracts his hands and points out the disturbed brush to Quinn. "There are some obvious signs of tampering over there. Worth checking, I think."

Standing he sets Orobas onto the floor and nods firmly. "I have a feeling I know who's behind this. If I'm right I need you to be there for me, okay Orobas? I know it's a lot to ask but if Ostra is up to their usual business I need you to blast them like you did last time."

Sparing one last glance to Penny, Nikolas moves in to examine the area for footprints or any other clear signs of disturbance. He knew his words for cheesy and completely embarrassing, but back when he was all alone in the world all he'd ever wanted was for somebody to say the same to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception to follow tracks if my first roll doesn't follow through: (2d6+1)[8]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2013-03-27 at 09:05 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

12. - Top - End - #1452

Kneeling down, Nikolas puts a comforting hand on Penny's shoulder and tries to offer a few comforting words before leaving to investigate. He didn't really know what it was like to lose a father but he could relate to what he knew the girl was feeling at the moment, hopelessness. "H-hey, you don't have to cry anymore okay? We're here to help. Quinn is a Pokemon Ranger you know? They're, uh experts at doing these kinds of jobs, you know? And me? I...well I-I... can't just let a cute girl cry her heart out can I? So just...wait for us, okay? We'll do our best to find your father for sure." Cringing inwardly, Nikolas retracts his hands and points out the disturbed brush to Quinn. "There are some obvious signs of tampering over there. Worth checking, I think."

Standing he sets Orobas onto the floor and nods firmly. "I have a feeling I know who's behind this. If I'm right I need you to be there for me, okay Orobas? I know it's a lot to ask but if Ostra is up to their usual business I need you to blast them like you did last time."

Sparing one last glance to Penny, Nikolas moves in to examine the area for footprints or any other clear signs of disturbance. He knew his words for cheesy and completely embarrassing, but back when he was all alone in the world all he'd ever wanted was for somebody to say the same to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception to follow tracks if my first roll doesn't follow through: [roll0]
    "Okay Mister," Penny says meekly through some more sniffles. "Bring my daddy back from the bad men, alright?"

Quinn gives her a smile and says, "I promise we will, Penny." She flags down some passing trainers to ask them to watch over Penny, and they generously agree to do so. Then she walks over with you to investigate the clue you've found.

"Good eye, Nikolas. Let's see where this leads."

You're actually able to follow the tracks left behind (the Ostra thugs were clearly in a hurry at first) for a while, but eventually you lose the trail. It's weird, because the crunched twigs and and trampled leaves just stop somehow.

Luckily Quinn's got some pretty extensive experience tracking from her training as a Ranger. "They must have retraced their steps," she notes quickly. "Let's see...yep, back here!" You two go back a bit and then she picks up on a new trail.

As you start to follow the new trail, Quinn takes the lead. "Those were some really nice words you said back there, by the way."

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ettin in the Playground

The Rhyperior has no clue your Venusaur even did anything because the powder blends in with the raging sandstorm. Before it realizes what's going on, it's already...

"Rhyperior! Rhyperior, wake up!" Minnie shouts in vain.

The Rhyperior is sound asleep.
    Now poison it. More spores came out of the flower to descend on the Rhyperior.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1454

Now poison it. More spores came out of the flower to descend on the Rhyperior.
    "Oh no," Minnie laments. "This doesn't look good. You gotta wake up, Rhyperior!"

No dice. The Rhyperior remains asleep and now it's withering away from the poison coursing through its veins.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Let's finish it off. Razor Leaf.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456

Let's finish it off. Razor Leaf.
    The leaves tear through the Rhyperior's body, but its thick hide prevents it from taking enough damage to knock it out. But then just as it readies an attack to retaliate, the poison proves to be too potent and it slouches to the floor.

"Status effects, huh?" Minnie says as she returns her fallen Pokemon. She sends out a Ninetales to take its place. "We'll guard against those with Safeguard!"

The Ninetails places a mystical barrier around itself, but unfortunately it doesn't help against the sandstorm. The Ninetails winces in pain as the rough conditions wear it down a bit.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Troll in the Playground

Rubbing the back of his neck as he continues looking out for the tracks, Nikolas answers in an embarrassing stutter. "Y-yeah, I g-guess it was huh? She just looked really confused and hurt and before I knew it the words were just coming out. I guess I'm a pretty weird guy huh? It's okay if you think so." Chuckling nervously, he continues at Quinn's heels, trying to make sense of the tracks as they push deeper and deeper into the forest. He was just trying to make the girl feel better. What did a Ranger do even?

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

The Absol nods in agreement and deposits the Pokeball near the fire, bracing itself for whatever might be coming.

Each tense moment feels like hours as it passes without incident. Your mind starts playing tricks on you. Is that something moving in the darkness over there? No, there's nothing there. Are those leaves really moving on their own? That makes no sense at all.

Carn continues his whistling on the other side of the clearing. Is he whistling louder now? No, softer. Wait, what was that? Nothing, it was nothing.

Suddenly the deathly stillness is finally interrupted by a familiar feeling. It takes you a moment to place it...

It's the feeling of air being sucked into a vacuum in preparation for a Razor Wind attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    You have one turn to do what you will, battle rules apply.
    Everybody down! Pitch shouts, looking frantically at his team. At least a few would be hit. Hopefully his warning grants some help, but that's all he can hope for in this situation.

Outlet! Charge up! he shouts. Razor WIND, after all. Maybe if it's a bird he can hit it hard.

In the back of Pitch's mind, the whistling gets to him. What if Carn was signaling something? He couldn't remember the Scyther having done it prior....

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, so our current stats!
    Lighter: +1 CS Special Attack
    Rope: +1 CS Special Attack
    Outlet: +1 CS Attack, +1 CS Special Defense, Charged

Show

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ettin in the Playground

The leaves tear through the Rhyperior's body, but its thick hide prevents it from taking enough damage to knock it out. But then just as it readies an attack to retaliate, the poison proves to be too potent and it slouches to the floor.

"Status effects, huh?" Minnie says as she returns her fallen Pokemon. She sends out a Ninetales to take its place. "We'll guard against those with Safeguard!"

The Ninetails places a mystical barrier around itself, but unfortunately it doesn't help against the sandstorm. The Ninetails winces in pain as the rough conditions wear it down a bit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh are we in a sandstorm? That's just going to equalize black sludge healing, so 'saur's probably at halfish health instead of full.

Hoping to press his advantage, Leo aimed for a risky, but possibly profitable move. We've got more than just statuses. Leech Seed!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1460

Rubbing the back of his neck as he continues looking out for the tracks, Nikolas answers in an embarrassing stutter. "Y-yeah, I g-guess it was huh? She just looked really confused and hurt and before I knew it the words were just coming out. I guess I'm a pretty weird guy huh? It's okay if you think so." Chuckling nervously, he continues at Quinn's heels, trying to make sense of the tracks as they push deeper and deeper into the forest. He was just trying to make the girl feel better. What did a Ranger do even?
    Quinn gives you a laugh, thinking you were joking about being weird. "At least you're not crazy. Back in Port Tidings, before I left I watched the starter battles. There was this one kid who just...I dunno, there was something not quite right about him.

"He 'accidentally' killed Leia's Cubchoo, but that's a load of bull. I've seen enough to know the difference between a trainer who regrets taking a battle too far and one who just knows they can't revel in their psychopathic glee at murder in public. That kid was firmly in the latter group,
    " she says as you two continue to follow the trail.
    Last edited by HZ514; 2013-03-28 at 08:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1461

Everybody down! Pitch shouts, looking frantically at his team. At least a few would be hit. Hopefully his warning grants some help, but that's all he can hope for in this situation.

Outlet! Charge up! he shouts. Razor WIND, after all. Maybe if it's a bird he can hit it hard.

In the back of Pitch's mind, the whistling gets to him. What if Carn was signaling something? He couldn't remember the Scyther having done it prior....

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, so our current stats!
    Lighter: +1 CS Special Attack
    Rope: +1 CS Special Attack
    Outlet: +1 CS Attack, +1 CS Special Defense, Charged
    Your warning braces your team just in time, because the onslaught begins all at once.

Spoiler
    Show
    +2 CS to SDEF this turn (and DEF, but it won't matter) and also +2 AC to hit for attacks directed at you and your Pokemon.

You hear the sonic boom moments before a burst of wind that feels like a thousand sharpened knives tears through you, Thales, and the Absol.

Spoiler
    Show
    Razor Wind!
    AC 2 (1d20)[12]
    DB 8 (3d6+25)[35]
    Hopefully didn't crit but if so, add another 21.

The attack also has the unfortunate consequences of snuffing out your fire and sending the Audino's Pokeball flying across the clearing! The Absol goes running into the dark after it, hoping against hope that it isn't lost for good.

Spoiler
    Show
    With the fire out, you and your team can only see the spaces directly adjacent to you (Lighter and Outlet have a larger light radius). The Absol is shown on the map, but technically you don't know where it is. I've placed all the enemies on the map as well in the Black squares, I trust you'll only reshade them when you can have vision of them

Unfortunately, that's just the beginning of the assault. The leaves on the trees start doing more than just shake; they start flying all around the clearing in coordinated attacks on your team!

Spoiler
    Show
    Leaf Tornado x 3 (centered on D5, I3, and J7)
    (D5) AC 4 (1d20)[17]
    DB 7 (2d6+24)[31]
    (I3) (1d20)[15]
    (2d6+24)[33]
    (J7) (1d20)[19]
    (2d6+24)[33]
    All add 18 if crit

Your team thrown into disarray, it's up to you to lead them to a fruitful counterattack before it's too late.
    The !!! are 3 Nuzleaf (A3, E1, K11) and 4 Shiftry.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a command check.
    DC 5 to control 2 'mons this turn.
    DC 8 to control 3.
    DC 12 to control 4.
    DC 18 to control 5.
    Good luck!

22. - Top - End - #1462

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh are we in a sandstorm? That's just going to equalize black sludge healing, so 'saur's probably at halfish health instead of full.

Hoping to press his advantage, Leo aimed for a risky, but possibly profitable move. We've got more than just statuses. Leech Seed!
    "Whoa!" The Ninetales is embedded with your attack, which immediately being sapping it of energy and returning it to your Venusaur.

"Don't give up, Ninetales! Fry that grass type!"

The Ninetales gathers itself and fires a large blast of flame at your Venusaur. The attack isn't quite enough to knock your Pokemon out, but it does leave it with a lasting burn. The sandstorm rages on, and both Pokemon get worn down a bit further.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

Your warning braces your team just in time, because the onslaught begins all at once.

Spoiler
    Show
    +2 CS to SDEF this turn (and DEF, but it won't matter) and also +2 AC to hit for attacks directed at you and your Pokemon.

You hear the sonic boom moments before a burst of wind that feels like a thousand sharpened knives tears through you, Thales, and the Absol.

Spoiler
    Show
    Razor Wind!
    AC 2 (1d20)[18]
    DB 8 (1d8+13)[20]
    Hopefully didn't crit but if so, add another 21.

The attack also has the unfortunate consequences of snuffing out your fire and sending the Audino's Pokeball flying across the clearing! The Absol goes running into the dark after it, hoping against hope that it isn't lost for good.

Spoiler
    Show
    With the fire out, you and your team can only see the spaces directly adjacent to you (Lighter and Outlet have a larger light radius). The Absol is shown on the map, but technically you don't know where it is. I've placed all the enemies on the map as well in the Black squares, I trust you'll only reshade them when you can have vision of them

Unfortunately, that's just the beginning of the assault. The leaves on the trees start doing more than just shake; they start flying all around the clearing in coordinated attacks on your team!

Spoiler
    Show
    Leaf Tornado x 3 (centered on D5, I3, and J7)
    (D5) AC 4 (1d20)[4]
    DB 7 (1d8+18)[24]
    (I3) [roll4]
    [roll5]
    (J7) [roll6]
    [roll7]
    All add 18 if crit

Your team thrown into disarray, it's up to you to lead them to a fruitful counterattack before it's too late.
    The !!! are 3 Nuzleaf (A3, E1, K11) and 4 Shiftry.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a command check.
    DC 5 to control 2 'mons this turn.
    DC 8 to control 3.
    DC 12 to control 4.
    DC 18 to control 5.
    Good luck!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good thing I have Perseverance or there would be a LOT of Injuries...

As is, only Keb gets one for Massive Damage and Pitch gets one for passing 50%.

Also, I'm buying Night Vision goggles next town.

If Pitch were a softer man he may have cried out when the Razor Wind hit him, tearing open a deep gash in his side. As is, he staunches the cry, clutches his knife tighter, and tries to take control of an impossible situation.

Pitch looks around in the dark, completely unable to see anything. How could they fight what they couldn't see? Wait, the snakes! They CAN see in this!

Inigan! Dilos! Shoot something!

Spoiler
    Show
    According to the PTU Pokedex, the Ekans line has Darkvision. That means they should be able to see these Pokemon? Maybe?

Poison Sting (Dilos):
    AC: 2 (1d20)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+13)[20]
    Crit: Add 10

Poison Sting (Inigan):
    AC: 2 (1d20)[4]
    Damage: (1d8+18)[24]

Carn seems to have weathered the leaf storm with almost no damage.

Carn! I need you to fly into the dark! Find something to hit!

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Karn to J3. Use Focus Energy while we're at it.

Lighter! Start the fire again! Pitch shouts. The Charmander rushes into the darkness, trying to find the fire to relight it.

Finally, Pitch himself goes. He pulls out a Potion, pops off the top, and downs it, trying to heal himself a little from his wounds as he steps back towards where the fire will be.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Potion. Heal 20.

Healing as a Full Round so I don't lose any more actions.

Everybody keep your eyes open! We don't know where they are! Attacks can come from anywhere!
    Last edited by Arcran; 2013-03-28 at 10:03 AM.

Show

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ettin in the Playground

"Whoa!" The Ninetales is embedded with your attack, which immediately being sapping it of energy and returning it to your Venusaur.

"Don't give up, Ninetales! Fry that grass type!"

The Ninetales gathers itself and fires a large blast of flame at your Venusaur. The attack isn't quite enough to knock your Pokemon out, but it does leave it with a lasting burn. The sandstorm rages on, and both Pokemon get worn down a bit further.
    You know the drill Venasaur! Recover your health with Synthesis. He does so, though the sandstorm hinders it's healing ability while still sucking the life out of the Ninetails with leech seed.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn gives you a laugh, thinking you were joking about being weird. "At least you're not crazy. Back in Port Tidings, before I left I watched the starter battles. There was this one kid who just...I dunno, there was something not quite right about him.

"He 'accidentally' killed Leia's Cubchoo, but that's a load of bull. I've seen enough to know the difference between a trainer who regrets taking a battle too far and one who just knows they can't revel in their psychopathic glee at murder in public. That kid was firmly in the latter group,
    " she says as you two continue to follow the trail.
    Nikolas' face contorts with disgust, looking at Quinn as though she had grown another head. "They didn't just let him walk off with a Pokemon, did they?" Who would do such a thing? During his battle with Avu things were tense, but it wasn't as though they were ever really in danger of killing their respective Pokemon, were they? Unconsciously, he bends down slightly to rub at Orobas' head. "I'll never let something like that happen to you or the rest of the team..."

Putting his mind away from such matters, he lowers his voice to a whiser and asks "How much further? I'd like to reunite Penny with her father as soon as possible."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

26. - Top - End - #1466

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good thing I have Perseverance or there would be a LOT of Injuries...

As is, only Keb gets one for Massive Damage and Pitch gets one for passing 50%.

Also, I'm buying Night Vision goggles next town.

If Pitch were a softer man he may have cried out when the Razor Wind hit him, tearing open a deep gash in his side. As is, he staunches the cry, clutches his knife tighter, and tries to take control of an impossible situation.

Pitch looks around in the dark, completely unable to see anything. How could they fight what they couldn't see? Wait, the snakes! They CAN see in this!

Inigan! Dilos! Shoot something!

Spoiler
    Show
    According to the PTU Pokedex, the Ekans line has Darkvision. That means they should be able to see these Pokemon? Maybe?

Poison Sting (Dilos):
    AC: 2 (1d20)[5]
    Damage: (3d6+18)[28]

Poison Sting (Inigan):
    AC: 2 (1d20)[10]
    Damage: (3d6+18)[27]

Carn seems to have weathered the leaf storm with almost no damage.

Carn! I need you to fly into the dark! Find something to hit!

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Karn to J3. Use Focus Energy while we're at it.

Lighter! Start the fire again! Pitch shouts. The Charmander rushes into the darkness, trying to find the fire to relight it.

Finally, Pitch himself goes. He pulls out a Potion, pops off the top, and downs it, trying to heal himself a little from his wounds as he steps back towards where the fire will be.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Potion. Heal 20.

Healing as a Full Round so I don't lose any more actions.

Everybody keep your eyes open! We don't know where they are! Attacks can come from anywhere!
    As you frantically look around, you start hearing some laughter emanate from the entrance to the clearing right in front of you. Your eyes cannot make out what it is, but it sounds like a figure is approaching you from the darkness.

Meanwhile, your Pokemon do their best to retaliate. The two snakes hiss and fire vicious bolts of poison at some targets they can apparently see. Their aim is true, as Inigan infects her target and Dilos almost outright puts his target down.

Carn cautiously approaches the source of the northwestern leaf storm while whistling. It's a completely different whistle than before, though. This one isn't for amusement, it has a purpose. It sounds like a distress signal.

Lighter is able to get the fire lit up just in time, providing vision of at least most of the clearing. Unfortunately, your assailants have positioned themselves well so that your Pokemon only get glimpses of them from the initial surge of light. Seconds after the fire is lit, the assault resumes.

From your point of view, you can only see the volleys of seeds rain down on your team.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nature Power! (Seed Bomb!) x 6 sorted by their targets
    AC 2 and Damage Base 8, all crits = 21
    Inigan: (1d20)[5] & (3d6+18)[28]
    Dilos: (1d20)[10] & (3d6+18)[27]
    Outlet: (1d20)[19] & (3d6+18)[34]
    Lighter: (1d20)[4] & (3d6+22)[29]
    Rope: (1d20)[14] & (3d6+22)[29]
    Carn: (1d20)[16] & (3d6+22)[33]
    (Each come from the Nuzleaf or Shiftry closest to the target)

Following the catastrophic volley, the leader of the pack finally emerges from the darkness and presents himself to you. It's a large, sinister looking strangely humanoid tree-like thing. The expression on its face is one of pure hatred. Then...it just starts laughing at you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swagger targeted at Pitch.
    AC 4 (1d20)[15] (If this misses, you still receive the +2 CS to ATK.
    If it hits, you may roll Focus to immediately resist it and act like it missed, DC 8.

27. - Top - End - #1467

You know the drill Venasaur! Recover your health with Synthesis. He does so, though the sandstorm hinders it's healing ability while still sucking the life out of the Ninetails with leech seed.
    The one-two punch of healing brings your Venusaur's energy back up to decent levels, while the Ninetales' energy continues to fade away.

Too resilient..." Minnie mutters to herself. "Ninetales, release all your energy!"

The Ninetales grits its teeth and unleashes a massive burst of fiery rage which engulfs it and your Venusaur. When the flames subside, both combatants are down for the count.

"Good work, Ninetales. Okay, you're the only one left Lunatone!" she says as she sends out the moon-shaped Pokemon.

28. - Top - End - #1468

Nikolas' face contorts with disgust, looking at Quinn as though she had grown another head. "They didn't just let him walk off with a Pokemon, did they?" Who would do such a thing? During his battle with Avu things were tense, but it wasn't as though they were ever really in danger of killing their respective Pokemon, were they? Unconsciously, he bends down slightly to rub at Orobas' head. "I'll never let something like that happen to you or the rest of the team..."

Putting his mind away from such matters, he lowers his voice to a whiser and asks "How much further? I'd like to reunite Penny with her father as soon as possible."
    Quinn just shakes her head as she says, "Yeah, they did. They talked about it for a while, but I guess Leia wanted to give the kid a chance. She's got a lot of faith in people, you see."

As you reassure Orobas with kindness, the mental...presence from before shows up again, a little stronger than before. But once again, it's gone just as quickly.

Upon hearing your last question, Quinn suddenly stops in her tracks. "Hang on, I think I know this place." She pulls up some information on her Pokegear and her expression changes to one of intense thought. "Nikolas...I think we're headed toward Ion Grotto. Have you heard of it?"

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ettin in the Playground

The one-two punch of healing brings your Venusaur's energy back up to decent levels, while the Ninetales' energy continues to fade away.

Too resilient..." Minnie mutters to herself. "Ninetales, release all your energy!"

The Ninetales grits its teeth and unleashes a massive burst of fiery rage which engulfs it and your Venusaur. When the flames subside, both combatants are down for the count.

"Good work, Ninetales. Okay, you're the only one left Lunatone!" she says as she sends out the moon-shaped Pokemon.
    Leo releases his ghost/ground monolith with a smile. Looks like it's time to get serious then. Golurk use DynamicPunch! The golem activated his no guard ability and slammed his fist into the lunatone with unnerving accuracy, doing even more damage to to its iron fist ability.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dynamo punch auto hit + bonus damage from iron fist + confusion. Yay!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Troll in the Playground

Shaking his head sheepishly, Nikolas can only answer in the negative. "Ah, no. What's Ion Grotto? Is it...a bad place?"

⑨Strongest Ice⑨