1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

DirtyTabs made mine. My Little Pony: Avatar is Magic II

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Can I be added to the player list? Perhaps you just haven't gotten around to updating it, but I don't want to be forgotten.
    this signature is dedicated to Lamp, the best wizard gnome there ever was...
    (Epee avi by none other than myself)
    Random String of Numbers: 12 18 99 90
    Check out some of my photography here
    Read about a project I'm involved in dedicated to providing safe drinking water here
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFang View Post
    Where do you guys get all the awesome pony avatars? I'd love to have one that would fit my TigerPony character.
    There is a fairly good pony creation program thing you can try. Most people either know how to use illustrator or ask someone else who does though I think.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 52.5 Lemons View Post
    Can I be added to the player list? Perhaps you just haven't gotten around to updating it, but I don't want to be forgotten.
    If you insist.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks for that link Lex I'm going to try my luck with a post there. Had no idea it even existed.

@Inky Thanks for the idea but it wouldn't exactly work for what I had in mind unfortunately. I wish I had the skill to draw anything... by hand or otherwise.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

I'll join if it's still open.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm... Total unfamiliarity with the setting vs. game run by Lex-Kat.

I'll join, I suppose, though I have no clue who I'll be yet.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

I, Nightmare Moon, return to defend my title and continue the everlasting night.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Recruitment
    is OVER!!

Role PMs and the Day 1 Narration will be up during the next 24 hours.

Thank you.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Oops! I'm sorry. I meant I'll be picking the leader of team Shadow and rewriting the OP.

So be sure to check out the new Roles people! And since we didn't get 43+ players this year, not all the roles will be used, sorry.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-09-01 at 07:29 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Ooooh. I like the new stuff.

I really hope I don't end up as a town pony. All the power roles are so cool. Hmm maybe we'll be "lucky" and the roles that Lex says aren't going to get used will just be the town ponies. =P

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

The shiny new roles are definitely going to spice things up a bit. My only disappointment is that you took out the CMC. Last years "Put somepony on trial" thing was hilarious. But this is going to be a lot of fun regardless.
    TigerPony avatar by Akrim.elf

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Made the following revisions to the rolls:

Town Pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edited the following:

You are a Town Pony. Don't be frightened. With your help, maybe Tiaraville will be Ponyville once again.

to
    You are a Town Pony. Don't be frightened. With your help, maybe Tiaraville will be Ponyville once again.

Pinkie Pie
    Spoiler
    Show
    Added the following:

Scry Darkwing Pony as Darkwing Pony, 100%.

Scry Luna/Nightmare Moon as Luna, but only if she hasn't already become Nightmare Moon.

((These were already in the Role PM for the two scried characters, but not hers.))

Twilight Sparkle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Added, then removed, the following:

Scry Darkwing Pony as Town Pony.

Rainbow Dash & the Wonderbolts
    Spoiler
    Show
    Added the following:

Here's your Quick Topic

((No, it's not a real link to their QT. What kind of narrator do you think I am? ))

Princess Cadance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Removed the following:

If Shining Armor "dies" before you find him, Princess Cadance also "dies" of a broken heart.

((As Princess Cadance is also being one that Shining Armor will "die" for, it doesn't make sense if she dies along with him. ))

Shining Armor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Removed the following:

You don't die of a broken heart if Princess Cadance is Night "Killed" by Team Shadow.

((And due to the previous change, this no longer makes sense.))

Queen Chrysalis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edited the following:

Choose your Team, and who Shining Armor is. I suggest not PMing her/him.

to

Choose your Team.

You also know who Shining Armor is at the beginning of the game.

Darkwing Pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    Removed the following:

Twilight Sparkle scries you as a Town Pony.

"a Traitor," from the detail of how Pinkie Pie scries him.

For all of Team Shadow
    Spoiler
    Show
    Added the following:

Team Shadow has to choose between using Disguiser or a Night Kill.

Here's your Quick Topic

((No, it's not a real link to their QT. What kind of narrator do you think I am? ))

Discord
    Spoiler
    Show
    Added the following:

PM me with your ideas.

CLARIFICATION:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle do know their precise roles. They just can't tell the difference between their co-Pony in Harmony and Queen Chrysalis.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-09-03 at 01:56 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

My Little Pony: The Shadow Reign

Nightmare Moon stood victorious on the parapet of Luna Château, her castle. Down below, she hd her dear sister shackled and muzzled.

She looked down at the tiny psot that had been Ponyville, and now been rechristened Tiaraville after it's new mayor, Diamond Tiara. Nightmare Moon was sure her protégé was doing alright, but she was still upset at one thing.

Gilda still hadn't reported in on her hunt. There was still one thing that could ruin everything. One group of ponies who had escaped her grasp. Twilight Sparkle and her friends.

THUMP!! The noise came from directly behind her, making her leap in surprise. She turned to see what it was, and found the crumpled form of the Griffon laying on the floor.

Thank you, dear. I'd lost all hope of taking over. But you... You've made my dreams come true. An icy voice called from the dark clouds above.

Show yourself, and bow before your Queen! Nightmare moon demanded. The darkness was her realm, and she would not be denied.

Ah ha ha haaa!! You? My Queen? Oh my, you are full of yourself, aren't you? But as Nightmare Moon demanded, the dark clouds parted, revealing.... nothing at first. But as her eyes focised, she began to see dark shadows prancing and flittering in the air above.

Then with a gasp, she recognized who it was. Queen Chrysalis had returned, and she'd renewed her army of Changlings. The Changlings flew down immediately, throwing Nightmare Moon off balance and back off the parapet. For a brief moment, she forgot she had wings, but she was easily able to pull up without fear ofcrashing into the ground.

She flew off, knowing that she had to regroup, maybe find that damn Trixie.

Soon after, Queen Chrysalis led her Changlings, along with a caped Pegacorn, to Tiaraville to stamp out any resistance there.

Within Tiaraville, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash had come together to plan their uprising against Nightmare Moon. rainbow Dash had been able to find some of the Wonderbolts to join them, and Twilight Sparkle had convinced her brother and new sister Shining Armor and Princess Cadance to also join them.

But as they began to plan in the secresy of the Library, a place Diamond Tiara and Gilda had both seemed to fear to go, they heard renewed screaming for outside. Unable to resist the need to defend their fellow ponies, they charged out to see what the trouble was. Of course, you know what they found.

Vive la Révolution!!

Day 1 Begins.
    It will last about 72 hours (3 days).

Player list
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]#|Player|Character|Killed? |Role
    01|Alarra|||
    02|Atreyu, the Masked Llama|||
    03|Castaras|||
    04|C'Nor|||
    05|Diego Havoc|Elixir||
    06|Elemental|Ember Metal, Count von Sterling||
    07|Eternis|Dorian Grey||
    08|EvilRoeSlade|Batmare||
    09|52.5 Lemons|Sub-Lime||
    10|Forum Explorer|||
    11|GnomeGninjas|||
    12|Gray Mage|Rainy Charge||
    13|Grimmace, the|Jazzberry Jam||
    14|Grue Bait|Grue Bay||
    15|inky13112|Sour Bloom||
    16|Internet Flea|Sugar Shock||
    17|Istari|Dr. Whooves||
    18|Mangosta71|||
    19|Matthais2207|Warpony Tarquin||
    20|Murska|||
    21|Otakuryoga|||
    22|Penguinator|Orange Cadence||
    23|planswalker|||
    24|Ramsus|Emperor Treasure||
    25|Reinholdt|||
    26|Rogue Nine|(a care bear)||
    27|Super Dark33|Dark Spark||
    28|TBFProgrammer|(a stubborn mule)||
    29|TigerFang|TigerPony||
    30|Tom the Mime|Barrister Trotalot, PC||
    31|usourselves&we|(a zebra)||
    [/table]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

In the center of Tiaraville, in the pre-dawn light, something stirs. The wind whips and tears at the grass, and a strange purple light slowly grows. The light becomes brighter and bright as its source grows- a strange purple tear in the sky. The tear grows in size and brightness until it covers a small area over a pile of hay. As suddenly as it appears, it disappears with a *POP*. Something falls to the ground, landing squarely in the haypile.

The hay rustles, and a hand

paw

thrusts out, searching. Ugh, my head... The hay cascades off of the ursine form as it woosily stands. Those little blue guys were right. Double vision and nausea overcomes the blue bear with a raincloud on its tummy and he staggers into a tree. That juice has a kick to it... what did they call it? Smurfberry? Of course I knew something bad would happen. At least...

I'm...

home?
    The last bit falters into a grumbled silence as he looks around- this isn't home. Where am I now? Great, another "adventure." Grumpy bear looks around for someone he can talk to. This world might not be so bad. Yeah right...

A bright yellow something flashes by, and Grumpy leaps back into the hay pile. What was that?!? He pokes his eyes out and sees... a horse? Maybe a relative of Noble Heart, or something. Only... is that a lemon on its flank? I want to go home.

((52.5 Lemons, randa-vote))

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

16. - Top - End - #76

DrowGirl

Old Fruit trotted lightly into the centre of town, bowler hat perched above his ears, cup of tea suspended next to him thanks to his limited magic.

"What ho, dear chaps, what seems to be the cause of this frightful commotion?"

"I SAY!" The monocle was off.

"Good grief, this is a bloody old mess, isn't it?"

Old Fruit turned to Internet Flea "Tell me, dear sir, have you seen that delightful young filly miss Sparkle? We could almost certainly use her assistance now that these revolting little parasites have decided to return."
    Last edited by Castaras; 2012-09-03 at 06:18 AM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Pranker was at it again, and this time her crimes were unspeakably heinous. In her unstoppable crime spree, the pale, green-haired would sneak from house to house brandishing a knife, approaching the sleeping forms of stallions, mares, and colts, and using a paintbrush to paint smiles on their faces. With paint that was really hard to get off. The knife was purely for culinary purposes and often came in handy if the Pranker needed to fix herself a snack. It was also really creepy if any of her victims happened to wake up while she was leaning over them.

As the Pranker left her latest victim's house, a form stirred from a shadowy alley, reaching into its utility belt and tossing a live zap-apple at the Pranker's feet. It erupted in electricity and stunned the villain, and then a swift kick and a few minutes of hogtying had her trussed up and suspended in front of the mayor's house.

Batmare wiped her hooves together. "I'm Batmare," she growled and then flourished her cloak. Then she set off to investigate Tom the Mime, not liking his kind any better than she liked clowns.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

[insert some roleplaying here which cleverly says the name of who I'm voting for in it]
    inky13112 on a hunch.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

The mule looks around at all the ponies and snorts. Then it sees a paw coming out of a pile of hay. A... a... Bear (Rogue Nine). This is bad. The Mule beings to edge away from the hay.
    The BareFoot Programmer

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Another dreadful day in Pony... err Tiaraville. Somehow an year has passed since Nightmare Moon's victory over "the elements of harmony". TigerPony still couldn't get used to the new name... Who'd appoint a stuck up foal like that as a mayor? he grumbled for what seemed to be the bilion'th time to the walls. Luckily he got used to keeping his mouth shut in public. His tendency to speak his mind caused him a lot of trouble in the first weeks of the new regime.

Those six ponies that were supposed to be their best hope seemed to have abandoned them... It looked like Equestria was doomed.

TigerPony looked out the window of his house at what used to be one of the best places a pony could live. Now a depressing sight. Most ponies walked with their eyes pointed at the ground afraid of attracting any unwanted attention. Some had that look of hopelessness on their faces, it was like they only lived out of instinct.

That bear that thought it was concealed by that pile of hay looked distinctly out of place.... Wait... a bear? What would a bear be doing in the middle of the village?

(Rogue Nine, random number generated vote.)

EDIT: TBFProgrammer for ninjaing me. xD
    Last edited by TigerFang; 2012-09-03 at 08:22 AM.
    TigerPony avatar by Akrim.elf

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

The only things Dark spark liked about the conquest were a lake of guards at the prison and the obscuring mist allowing him to hide.
    he didnt trust anyone.
    loyalists or not.

He already tasted blood.
    the blood of his 'fellow' cell members.
    but that was just pure luck.
    he needs more power to overthrow Nightmare moon and Celestia, and claim the throne to a new reign of darkness.
    REAL darkness.

TBFprogrammer.
    Last edited by super dark33; 2012-09-03 at 08:33 AM.
    Despite everything, its still me.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Why does this always happen? You go on safari in distant lands with a famous Explorer and come back months later to find that everything has fallen apart in your absence.
    Typical.

Count von Sterling was talking to his secretary, Silver Scream.
    It's always like that Your Illustriousness.
    Still, when life gives you Lemons, you take up your sword and demand that life provide you with the oranges you deserve. Still, it's Super Dark, so the orange harvest has probably failed. Nightmare Moon really needs a talking to concerning the Inky state of affairs...
    Silver Scream nodded. When Ember Metal got like this it was easier to agree with him.
    Summon the Gray Riders and let Havoc be wrought upon the forces who threaten our noble land. We shall fight with the fierceness of a Hyrcan Tiger!
    We can't. It seems Princess Celestia gave them the month off. According to the note they left on your desk, they're on safari, near where we were.
    Really? Who does that mare think she is?!
    Silver Scream could only roll his eyes.

--------------

I couldn't decide who to randomly point to, so I decided just to try and work in as many people's names in as possible for the fun of it.
    Also, Shakespeare, but very subtle.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-09-03 at 08:39 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

As had become habit since the change in management, Thinking Cap closed shop early. Not that there was much demand for hats or tacks these days. Walking slowly home he bumped into Alarra. Muttering an apology he continued on his way.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #84

Musings picked her way slowly down the street, seemingly oblivious to the chaos around her. She stared up at the rolling dark clouds, trying to think of the right word to describe the angry swirl of blue, black and yellow the sky had become. She brushed against a post, "Oops, sorry. Excuse me." A couple steps further on she tripped over a rock and stumbled into Forum Explorer. "Sorry, pardon me."

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

((I was bored, so I drew Silver Scream, the Long Suffering. Oh boredom... You are the best muse...))

Spoiler
    Show

I'll let you figure out his Cutie Mark on your own...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Sure, Dark spark wanted them all dead, but that wont happen any time soon.
    He will need a place to sleep.
    Well, one better then the garbage cans of course.

Slowly walking to the Von sterling manor, Dark spark thought to himself:maybe they arent all bad

Oh look! now i have some wings too.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grue Bay slunk from alleyway to alleyway, avoiding everypony. He was an odd one; nopony quite knew where he came from or why he was there. Truth is, neither did he. He only knew that he felt his calling in Tiaraville. Not to blend in, though, oh no; he was going to free it from the oppression. Probably. Well, he'd at least try.

"I don't quite trust SuperDark. He seems like someone I wouldn't quite trust."
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Grue Bay slunk from alleyway to alleyway, avoiding everypony. He was an odd one; nopony quite knew where he came from or why he was there. Truth is, neither did he. He only knew that he felt his calling in Tiaraville. Not to blend in, though, oh no; he was going to free it from the oppression. Probably. Well, he'd at least try.

"I don't quite trust DARK SPARK!!11!ONEONE!. He seems like someone I wouldn't quite trust."
    Where did you come from?
    anyway if you feel a calling its probably from the fountain.
    sompony put some black lotus inside.
    Last edited by super dark33; 2012-09-03 at 12:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Emperor Treasure stopped to catch his breath. He felt like he'd been walking forever. It must have been five whole minutes since his nap. He looked in bafflement as the sight before him. "What? AntPonyVille again!? I left this accursed place before I took my nap. I want to go to Canterlot dangnabbit! Where are all the carriages? Where are the trains? Where are the naive and nubile pegasi lasses to carry me as I hold them snuggly...for safety of course?" He winked to nobody in particular and then remembered his complaints. "Harumph!"" he harumphed and sat down wondering what more indignities he had to suffer.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Elixir, Tiaraville's resident potion's expert (at least while Zecora wasn't around), exited his shop.

"Well the good news," he said to nopony in particular "is that I've created a truth serum, that will force anypony who drinks it to speak only the truth."

"The bad news," he spoke sadly, as he emptied the potion bottle onto the ground, where it created a sizzling puddle. "is that it will melt that pony's tongue and throat before they can say anything. Oh well."

Moving through town to get some fresh air, his view settled on a gathering of ponies and other strange creatures. "Let's see what these fine folks are up to."

-----
    (Random.org chooses Eternis.)
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.