New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [FiM] Bridle Shores Commercial: Bits or Credit 2

Blitz squints his eyes at Top Spin as he says, "Hey! There is nothing wrong with not having a permanent place of residence. I mean I don't have a house either and I just came here. The sky is my hammock."

Hearing the terms coined by Tart Blitz rapidly shakes his head in agreement. "Yeah, that is the perfect way to describe ponies like us. Adventure Hobo's! We go where the wind takes us! You tell em Tart."

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spin Top squints her eyes right back at Blitz. "I was using old fancy words because it was a joke. Wasn't that obvious? I ain't makin' fun of anypony for their choice of living situation!"

Greif sighs, and waves a set of talons between the two feuding ponies. "Now now, settle down you two," he tells them with absolutely zero enthusiasm.

The griffin then turns his attention back towards the incognito Changeling. "Soooo, you're well traveled?" he asks with a smile of genuine interest. "Interesting. Nice to meet someone else who's explored the world a bit. But," his smile fades, and a look of concern appears in his eyes, "Sleeping under a tree? Now that's just not necessary. Not when there are plenty of better options for you."

Spin looks over at Blitz, and rolls her eyes. "Here it comes," she quietly sighs.

"If you need a place to stay, I think I've got some room," Greif informs Strawberry Tart with a charming smile. "The top floor of this place is my residence, and while I'm still getting some stuff settled in, I've at least got an empty sofa. Mind you, I'll be the one sleeping on the sofa; you can have the bed for the time being, til you can get yourself a proper place to stay," he politely offers his new waitress.

Being a Changeling, she'll probably be able to pick up on the fact that there's a hint of flirting mixed in with his offer, if it wasn't already obvious. However, it's very refined and subtle, rather than the blunt, brute-force flirting most ponies would do. He's being very reserved and respectful about it... for now, at least.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Hauh...I don't--"

"I don't really think it will lower his commuting when his apartment is above the restaurant.....he'd just teleport anyway..."
    Gwynfillion glanced up in thought.

"I dunno....did he mention wanting to move in anyway?"
    She asked sitting up right. She then casually floated a chocolate turtle to Garion to eat to keep his mouth occupied for a moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Garion would have said more, were it not for Gwyn's crafty ploy. The colt rested the morsel carefully on his hoof and nibbled at it delicately. Even with tasty, tasty, tasty sweets, a gentlecolt had to eat with dignity.

A bead of sweat broke out on his brows as he tasted the first bite of creamy chocolate.

Must. Eat. With. Dignity.
    Purple was impressed by Gwynfillion's trick."Well no. But he is quite prepared for your stay here. And you know how he overthinks things."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Troll in the Playground

Garion would have said more, were it not for Gwyn's crafty ploy. The colt rested the morsel carefully on his hoof and nibbled at it delicately. Even with tasty, tasty, tasty sweets, a gentlecolt had to eat with dignity.

A bead of sweat broke out on his brows as he tasted the first bite of creamy chocolate.

Must. Eat. With. Dignity.

She smirked for a second that her little trick worked, but it wouldn't last long. "Garion, sweetie, perhaps you should color in your coloring book while me and Miss Purple chat?"

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Purple was impressed by Gwynfillion's trick."Well no. But he is quite prepared for your stay here. And you know how he overthinks things."

"Maybe we should converse in the kitchen?"

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Maybe we should converse in the kitchen?"
    "Sure. Sure." And Miss Pepper skips and hops into the kitchen.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Grief's Cafe]

Tart gives good natured laugh as she hoovers up the light air of minor romantic sentiment. Flirting isn't anything like full on true love, but any kind of romance is a powerful kick to a changeling's magic. She spins it around and feeds it back to those around her in the form of positive emotion in a bid to generally improve the mood in the room.

The vast majority of creatures naturally give of emotional magic after all. Changelings can to, provided they've been nomming on it before hand. They're just a bit more... deliberate about how they use it than ponies are.

"Hehhe, don't be so hard on him Spin. Or Top? Spin Top? Whatever you want me to call you, I'm fine with it. He just jumped the gun on the nature of our friendly jabs. Colt is pretty fast after all. Makes sense that he would go for fast judgment too,"
    Tart reasons, leading her point with that infectious laugh of hers.

A wink is offered to the pegasus. "Maybe you could tell me a bit about your adventures some time, eh? After work of course! Can't be slacking on the clock after all."

Hint hint!

"Well! If I wouldn't be imposing too much that sounds like it would be just great! Though my amazing perceptive skills are informing me that you might just want my unique culinary experience close at talon. That seem fair to you? Part of my rent paid out of me cooking all the meals. We can work out the specific amounts later. Deal?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

[Grills' Apartment]

The double bamboozle! One of the most feared and deadly tactics in the motherly arsenal! Poor, innocent Garion never even stood a chance. He flicked his tail happily as he trotted over to his new coloring book and crayons, where he polished off the rest of his little treat. Before long, the sounds of crayon on paper was all that could be heard from the colt as he lost himself amid the achromatic adventures of one of his favorite heroes.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Troll in the Playground

[Grills' Apartment]

The double bamboozle! One of the most feared and deadly tactics in the motherly arsenal! Poor, innocent Garion never even stood a chance. He flicked his tail happily as he trotted over to his new coloring book and crayons, where he polished off the rest of his little treat. Before long, the sounds of crayon on paper was all that could be heard from the colt as he lost himself amid the achromatic adventures of one of his favorite heroes.

"And perhaps we'll put your best colored page on the fridge,"
    Said Gwynfillion over her shoulder as she walked into the kitchen. Triple Bamboozled!

"Sure. Sure." And Miss Pepper skips and hops into the kitchen.
    Inside the relative privacy of the kitchen, gwyn stood in front of Purple. "Has he really been going about with some over doing plans to have me move in?"

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Grief's Cafe

Blitz's expression gradually mellows out a he feels an inexplicable sense of calm and happiness come over him. It was strange since he was standing still and not speeding around like usual, but it was welcome non the less. Still who knew you could feel so good while going to slow.

Blitz blinks at the Tart's wording, his mellowed out brain actually slowing down and catching the hint as he says, "Oh yeah. I better get back to work. Sorry if I offended you Top Spin. Just call if you need me." With that Blitz got back to serving the customers, eventually getting back to his speedy self.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Inside the relative privacy of the kitchen, gwyn stood in front of Purple. "Has he really been going about with some over doing plans to have me move in?"
    "Well no. He hasn't said anything but you must have noticed the amount of work he has put in to make you comfortable here. You know how overprotective and overly concerned about others he is. Sweet kid." Purple shook her head. "I guess only his last experience is the only thing holding him back."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif subtle raises an eyebrow at Tart's flirtation with Blitz. Apparently she prefers pegasi to griffins. Pity. The Changeling may 'taste' a hint of disappointment from the griffin, but it quickly passes.

Spin's expression softens, but she gives no response to Blitz beyond a simple "Hm." Instead she looks back to Tart and shrugs. "Spin is fine. Spinner is also acceptable."

"That's what I call her sometimes," Greif remarks, before looking back at Tart and smiling. "Hmm. Actually, I'm going to have to challenge those terms. Forcing you to cook for me, pay rent for me, and work for me is just too much. You aren't obligated to do any of those things - I can't just leave a nice mare like you out on the streets, and I expect no compensation for my offer of assistance. You need a place to stay, and I have some spare room - it's as simple as that."

He shrugs. "Now, if you feel inclined to cook, I won't stop you. But don't feel like you need to cook to 'pay me back' or something," he explains with a charming smile.

The Changeling will probably be able to perceive that he's being sincere in his kindness, and isn't giving off a flirty or manipulative vibe.

12. - Top - End - #1392

[Grief's Cafe]

Flirting? Nooo. Just trying to smooth out the situation. Ill will and irritation are nasty to be around when one is so sensitive to bits of emotional magic floating around. Regardless though, mission accomplished!

Woohoo, point for team changeling!

"Well that is awfully generous of you Mister Grief. I don't suppose you're the acting backup for the Element of Generosity are you?"

She sniggers a bit at her own joke, apparently finding it unduly amusing.

"Yes indeed this was a great plan! Probably my greatest plan ever. Ten minutes in and a place to stay, a job, and probably a few new friends to boot!"

She leans in a bit closer to the other unicorn, "We're going to be great friends, right Spin?"

A beat.

"Come to think of it, that's a pretty interesting name. What's your special talent if you don't mind me asking."

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif smirks. "I don't think they allow griffins to be Elements of Harmony. Seems like a 'ponies only' sorta club."

When Tart leans in, Spin gives a faint smile, mostly in amusement. "Yeah, I don't think we're going to have any problems. As for my special talent, well..." She gives an aloof shrug. "I spin things."

Greif narrows his eyes. "Don't you dare pick me up again. You remember what happened last time."

Spin grins wickedly.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-01-25 at 09:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1394

[Grief's Cafe]

"Hahahaha! Yeah. Exclusive club, right? All necklaces and funny hats. To be fair you probably wouldn't look good in a pretty princess tiara anyway. So no big loss," Tart laughs, just as much a bundle of high spirits and energy as she was when she trotted in.

That good mood is downright contagious...

"Wait... waaaaait," Starberry glances back and forth between griffin and unicorn. "There go my amazing perceptive abilities again. I take it there's some history with this whole spinning thing?"

That grin of hers begins to grow ever wider once more.

"Well since our boss doesn't feel like being a visual aid I guess I'll have to volunteer my services then, right?"

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Troll in the Playground

"Well no. He hasn't said anything but you must have noticed the amount of work he has put in to make you comfortable here. You know how overprotective and overly concerned about others he is. Sweet kid." Purple shook her head. "I guess only his last experience is the only thing holding him back."

"I thought he was trying to be a really good host or something..."
    Gwynfillion wanly frowned at the reference to Angel, that was just a stressful time in the past.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I thought he was trying to be a really good host or something..."
    Gwynfillion wanly frowned at the reference to Angel, that was just a stressful time in the past.
    Shrugged shoulders and half raised hooves. "Maybe he was. But you see how he got the Clan Peppers to move here from Fillydehia. Eventually, he'll want you close. Especially if Grill gets close to the colt."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif's Cafe

Spin Top smirks, while Greif shifts uncomfortably. "I'm not sure if that's such a good idea," he observes. "I mean, if you get sick or something, that could be... uh... bad for business."

"Aw, let the gal have some fun," Spin says with a wave of a hoof. "I mean, it's not like I'm gonna twirl her around into the furniture, or spin her like a top til she passes out."

"That's what you said you wouldn't do to me that one time," Greif frowns.

"No, I said those things probably wouldn't happen..."

18. - Top - End - #1398

[Grief's Cafe]

"Well it sounds to ME like this is a great idea that couldn't possibly backfire in any applicable fashion,"
    Tart laughs as the unicorn and griffin squabble. She already volunteered for this shenanigans.

But...

"Though to be fair this IS Mister Grief's shop. If we're worried about me vomiting rainbows all over the customers then maybe it would be better to take a shot at this whole spinning thing later?"

Always the peace maker and the problem solver, that one.

"Magical antics aside, where do you need me to start, boss?"

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Troll in the Playground

Greif's Cafe

Spark couldn't help but snerk at the vomiting rainbows bit, and then returned to drinking his Dr Cola, remembering he was just a background prop for now.

===

Shrugged shoulders and half raised hooves. "Maybe he was. But you see how he got the Clan Peppers to move here from Fillydehia. Eventually, he'll want you close. Especially if Grill gets close to the colt."

"One of the factors in my hesitation is that...I don't want to leave Wrymple all by themselves....it can move in with us due to its size....and I already feel bad leaving him some several nights."
    She softly sighed.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif is clearly trying not to smile. "Yes, vomiting rainbows is... bad. Not good at all for business. You can have your spinny fun later. As for right now..."

He looks around, and shrugs. "There's not much to do right now, really. Nopony's really making any orders, and Blitz seems to have the current customers covered. So... uh..." Another shrug. "Just make yourself comfortable, I guess. Maybe tell us a bit more about yourself? Any other friends, interesting hobbies, or noteworthy things you wanna share?"

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"One of the factors in my hesitation is that...I don't want to leave Wrymple all by themselves....it can move in with us due to its size....and I already feel bad leaving him some several nights."
    She softly sighed.
    "That might be another reason for apprehension on his part."Purple went into a Winnie-the-Poohesque think pose. "But Either way we wouldn't want to leave any of your sides for long. Grills is a worrywart except when it comes to his cooking. Then he is a insufferable perfectionist workaholic."

Purple opens the fridge. Inside is several sandwiches, each labels for everypony in the Grill form Big Mama Chily down to Lil Garion. And a big bowl of grilled red potatoes sat on the bottom shelf. "Look. You two have three sandwiches each. With side and everything."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #1402

[Grief's Cafe]

Oh. Hahaha, hee... Wow.

Yeah.

Noteworthy things. Allomyrina has plenty of noteworthy things she could share about. Ooooh the stories she could tell. Or at least she could tell them if she wasn't afraid of getting outed. Which most certainly isn't high on her list of priorities. She would really like to avoid getting hauled away and stuck in a dungeon bound with iron fetters. Or worse, sealed in Tartaurus.

No... she'll stick to some of her more recent and less incriminating exploits.

"Well, I like to travel. And I've been all over the place,"
    Tart recounts. "And whilst traveling I do my best to pick up the most interesting recipes I can find. So how about a story? Anyone here ever been to Saddle Arabia?"

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif raises an eyebrow. "Saddle Arabia? No. Go on."

24. - Top - End - #1404

[Grief's Cafe]

"Well. First it's worth noting that the place is pretty extreme. Really hot during the day. Really cold at night. They don't have any fliers in Saddle Arabia, so that means the weather is wild. And the Arabians are huge. At least half again the size of a pony. They look kind of like ponies I guess, but unless you've met one of them it is pretty hard to describe them properly."

They're very...

Horsey.

"So yeah. They've got their cities and all just like ponies do. But they do it all without magic or talons. They're a pretty amazing people, really. Everything they've accomplished through ingenuity and hard work,"
    Tart waves a hoof in a completely non-descriptive fashion. "Anyway. While I was traveling over there I learned that there are some Arabians who are nomads. No real home, just traveling from place to place. So I decided it might be fun to try to meet them."

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Troll in the Playground

"That might be another reason for apprehension on his part."Purple went into a Winnie-the-Poohesque think pose. "But Either way we wouldn't want to leave any of your sides for long. Grills is a worrywart except when it comes to his cooking. Then he is a insufferable perfectionist workaholic."

Purple opens the fridge. Inside is several sandwiches, each labels for everypony in the Grill form Big Mama Chily down to Lil Garion. And a big bowl of grilled red potatoes sat on the bottom shelf. "Look. You two have three sandwiches each. With side and everything."

"Three sandwiches...somepony wants to plump me up it seems.."
    She commented with a small lopsided smile as she looked at the sandwiches.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[/SIZE]

"Three sandwiches...somepony wants to plump me up it seems.."
    She commented with a small lopsided smile as she looked at the sandwiches.
    "More of you to hug." Purple goes in the fridge and starts her sandwich. She doesn't even bother swallowing before yakking it up again. "Anyways. Grills is a crazy future thinker who believes his class and genius can fix anything alone with food. It could be a plot to make you to full to go anywhere.... or it could be poison! I could taste yours for you if you want."

Yeah, she wants to eat all the sandwiches.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Troll in the Playground

"More of you to hug." Purple goes in the fridge and starts her sandwich. She doesn't even bother swallowing before yakking it up again. "Anyways. Grills is a crazy future thinker who believes his class and genius can fix anything alone with food. It could be a plot to make you to full to go anywhere.... or it could be poison! I could taste yours for you if you want."

Yeah, she wants to eat all the sandwiches

"I doubt its poison...but, you can have one anyway,"
    When it came to real food, our dear Gwynny had a petite stomach....sweets and candy on the other hoof....

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I doubt its poison...but, you can have one anyway,"
    When it came to real food, our dear Gwynny had a petite stomach....sweets and candy on the other hoof....
    The sandwich was gone in one humongous bite. "Definitely not poison." Next was the gulp. "So's what with Garion. Thought you didn't like kids being a loner hermit and all."
    Last edited by Orzel; 2013-01-28 at 04:27 AM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Troll in the Playground

The sandwich was gone in one humongous bite. "Definitely not poison." Next was the gulp. "So's what with Garion. Thought you didn't like kids being a loner hermit and all."

"I didn't think I liked kids either...but, he's been a unexpectedly good addition to my life."
    She said softly, her eyes avoiding Purple's as she softly sighed.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif raises a curious eyebrow. "And how did meeting them turn out?"