New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FiM] Bridle Shores Commercial: Bits or Credit 2

[Grief's Cafe]

"I didn't!" Tart laughs. "I ended up wandering around in the middle of nowhere for a wee bit too long like a complete idiot."

Well that's not very flattering.

"Saw plenty of unusual variations on 'middle of nowhere'. Neatest thing I ran across was some old ruined city half buried in the sand. Place gave me the jeeblies, so I didn't stick around long. Thankfully I manage to find my way back instead of cooking. Well... that last part is obvious I guess since I'm here to talk about it."

A little snicker there.

"But I learned a valuable lesson from that experience! Don't dive into inhospitable wastelands with all four hooves and no plan."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"I didn't think I liked kids either...but, he's been a unexpectedly good addition to my life."
    She said softly, her eyes avoiding Purple's as she softly sighed.
    Purple snacks on another sandwich. Grills' grilled cheese is amazing. "So where'd he come from? He doesn't have a horn so he can't be a magic student. Also too young."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif's Cafe

Spin Top facehooves, though she's clearly smiling in amusement. Greif chuckles and shakes his head. "Well, at least you learned a valuable lesson, and got some stories out of it. Any other interesting tales or facts you'd like to share?"
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #1414

[Grief's Cafe]

"Interesting facts? Hmm..." Tart taps a hoof to her chin as she ponders. Facts, facts... Interesting ones. She knows plenty, sure. A bunch of really obscure stuff. But stuff that would also get her some suspicious looks if she shared them.

If there's one thing she wants to avoid it is drawing too much scrutiny to her past.

Why is that?

Well.

It should be pretty obvious.

The changeling would like to avoid being discovered.

"Oh no. No no no. I've already shared an interesting story about myself. That's not how this game works," she replies with a wide grin. "It's someone else's turn now."

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Purple snacks on another sandwich. Grills' grilled cheese is amazing. "So where'd he come from? He doesn't have a horn so he can't be a magic student. Also too young."

"Do you remember that incident in town....with that Simmer fellow?"
    She asked as she used her TK to put distance between her food and Purple's reach.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Do you remember that incident in town....with that Simmer fellow?"
    She asked as she used her TK to put distance between her food and Purple's reach.
    "Yeah." Her voice goes raspy as she fails to snatch another grilled cheese. Then her mind goes to a dark place. "Oh my princess. Did Simmer gobble up his momma?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Yeah." Her voice goes raspy as she fails to snatch another grilled cheese. Then her mind goes to a dark place. "Oh my princess. Did Simmer gobble up his momma?"

"No....rather...he is Simmer...or rather he is the purified colt form of Gallant Garion before Gallant's fall to darkness a thousand or so years ago....After the battle in town and Simmer defeated....some weird magical energies regressed Simmer into pure hearted little Garion here."
    Yea, it did sound weird. Anyways, she lifts her grilled cheese sandwich to her mouth and took a small bite. Hauh, it was good even cold, she'd warm this up in a moment though.

"Please...whatever you do Purple, don't mention this conversation or what I told you at all to him,"
    She said with a grim expression.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"No....rather...he is Simmer...or rather he is the purified colt form of Gallant Garion before Gallant's fall to darkness a thousand or so years ago....After the battle in town and Simmer defeated....some weird magical energies regressed Simmer into pure hearted little Garion here."
    Yea, it did sound weird. Anyways, she lifts her grilled cheese sandwich to her mouth and took a small bite. Hauh, it was good even cold, she'd warm this up in a moment though.

"Please...whatever you do Purple, don't mention this conversation or what I told you at all to him,"
    She said with a grim expression.
    If it were any other pony, they'd be stricken by wonder, fear, or disbelief. But Purple... "Okay. I promise. But why are you and Grills taking care of him? This is more of a royal guard issue. Unless you have an ulterior motive or reason for taking care of Garion."

She moves in close. The mare's eyes stretch out to be an inch away from Gwynfillion's. Then suddenly Purple backs away with a shrug. "Whatever. I am sure you'd tell me if you were up to something."
    Last edited by Orzel; 2013-01-29 at 09:59 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spin Top shrug. "I'm a bartender who can spin things. I've won a few bartending competitions. Big whoop."

"She's used to be a ballet star," Greif mutters with a smirk.

"Thank you very much, Captain," Spin Top growls, giving him a pointed glare. Greif simply huffs in annoyance, and gives a roll of his eyes at her form of address.

10. - Top - End - #1420

[Grief's Cafe]

Ballet star?

Huh.

That would actually explain the spinning thing. Ballet dancers do a lot of spinning and prancing around on their hind hooves don't they?

The faux-unicorn wrinkles her nose a bit. Come to think of it, she hasn't ever been a ballet before. Huh. She'll need to make a note to fix that problem. If there's anything that a creature that doesn't age craves it's new experiences. Thankfully the world is full of them!

"That I would like to see!" Tart laughs. "The ballet or the bar tending competition. Either or."

Then an eyebrow quirk at the griffin. "Captain, huh? Got a story to go with that title?"

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

Before Miss Gwyn could properly respond to the invasion of personal space, both mares would hear a strangled sob from the doorway to the kitchen. The tip of an inky-black tail darted out of sight, the sound of little hoofs and crying receding deeper into the apartment before they disappeared behind a slammed door.

In the doorframe, a Daring Do coloring book lay half-open on the floor, flipped to a rather enthusiastically-colored picture of the titular mare waving good-bye to her parents.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-01-29 at 10:37 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif shrugs. Leaning against the bar with his arms crossed, he looks off to the side, somewhat evasively. "Retired member of the Griffin Kingdom's Royal Air Force. Used to be a Captain."

"Of the Raptors," Spin Top adds with a coquettish smile.

Greif sighs. "Yes, Captain of the Raptors. Thank you, Miss Lead Dancer in Le Danse Troupe De Canterlot," he states flatly.

"Shut up," Spin growls, blushing slightly.

Greif tilts his head slightly to give the unicorn mare a knowing glance and a sly smirk. "You started it, mademoiselle."

13. - Top - End - #1423

[Grief's Cafe]

Well well well.

Isn't this an interesting tidbit of information?

"OhHO! Is that so?" Tart replies as that grin of his reaches epic proportion. She had heard that there are some really unusual people living in this odd little town. But this has taken her quite by surprise!

When you're as old as she is little surprises are one of the simple joys of life.

"That raises all sorts of fascinating questions, doesn't it? Though in fairness I think that asking just one is in order."

She coughs into her hoof to ready herself.

"What is the Captain of the Talons doing in a little backwater town in Equestria?"
    she leans a bit closer and glances back and forth conspiratorially. "It's a top-level mission, isn't it? Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2013-01-30 at 12:18 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif's Cafe

Greif smiles pleasantly. "The retired Captain. I just wanted to settle down, enjoy a nice, quiet life, full of coffee and sandwiches and nice company. As for my current mission. Well, I guess you could say..."

He reaches down and gently places his talons on Spark's shoulders, before guiding/sliding the colt across the floor so he's facing Strawberry Tart. "Meet my newest protege," the griffin states pridefully, "Spark Chaser."

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Before Miss Gwyn could properly respond to the invasion of personal space, both mares would hear a strangled sob from the doorway to the kitchen. The tip of an inky-black tail darted out of sight, the sound of little hoofs and crying receding deeper into the apartment before they disappeared behind a slammed door.

In the doorframe, a Daring Do coloring book lay half-open on the floor, flipped to a rather enthusiastically-colored picture of the titular mare waving good-bye to her parents.

Gwynfillion opened her mouth to respond to Purple when suddenly Garion's bit happened. She lightly cursed and called out after Garion.

"Garion!..Its n----"
    She nickered angrily and chased after him, her hoof accidentally and unknowing striking out that colored page as she bounded around the door.

"Garion!....Garion!"
    She called out for him.
    ==================

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Greif's Cafe

Greif smiles pleasantly. "The retired Captain. I just wanted to settle down, enjoy a nice, quiet life, full of coffee and sandwiches and nice company. As for my current mission. Well, I guess you could say..."

He reaches down and gently places his talons on Spark's shoulders, before guiding/sliding the colt across the floor so he's facing Strawberry Tart. "Meet my newest protege," the griffin states pridefully, "Spark Chaser."

Spark had his eyes wide as he was spun pulled out from being a background prop. His little cheeks were puffed as he had been sipping on his soda and filling his mouth with sugary goodness.

There was a loud gulp as he inclined his head. "Hiya ma'am. You smell nice." He said to undiscombobulate himself.

"Spark Chaser at your service."
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-01-30 at 12:53 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1426

[Grief's Cafe]

"Huh. That's a pretty decent plan if I do say so myself. I can imagine why someone might want to take things easy after all that excitement," Tart says as she touches a hoof to her chest. "Not me of course. I doubt I'll ever put down any roots, so to speak. Just keep going wherever the wind blow. Buuuut I figure I'll probably be around here for a while at least. I've got a good feeling about this town."

Suddenly colt!

And introductions!

Tart blinks.

Then laughs.

"Bah hahahahahahahaha! Wow! That was great! I think the last person to tell me I smelled nice was a diamond dog. And I don't think he meant it in a nice way, either," the mock-unicorn snickers. "Pleasure to meetcha Sparky. I take it this old bird must be teaching you to put a little more oomph in your flight?"

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Grief's Cafe]

"Bah hahahahahahahaha! Wow! That was great! I think the last person to tell me I smelled nice was a diamond dog. And I don't think he meant it in a nice way, either," the mock-unicorn snickers. "Pleasure to meetcha Sparky. I take it this old bird must be teaching you to put a little more oomph in your flight?"

"Well not yet...but soon!"
    The young colt answered with an enthusiastic shake of his head.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

Grief's Cafe.

A certain almost mare walks through the door, with that almost perpetual lack of any sort of emotion on her face. She goes up to the nearest stool she can find, and waits for one of the workers to appear. She waves to Spark Chaser, as she waits to be served, clearly eying the place over a bit. Hey, if this place is going to replace her sister's, she might as well take a look at it and make sure it's up to the challenge, right?

She simply sits down and waits for one of the workers.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gwynfillion opened her mouth to respond to Purple when suddenly Garion's bit happened. She lightly cursed and called out after Garion.

"Garion!..Its n----"
    She nickered angrily and chased after him, her hoof accidentally and unknowing striking out that colored page as she bounded around the door.

"Garion!....Garion!"
    She called out for him.\
    Purple gasps then follows behind Gwynfillion "Uh Oh. Garion!"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

[Grills' Apartment]

The torn-out page crumpled underhoof, coming to a rest somewhere on the floor, lonely and forgotten.

As for the colt there would be no response. Following the sound of the hoofsteps, they'd be led to the big master bedroom from before, where little Garion had been tucked in for some post-heroics naptime.

The sound of crying filtered out from under the door.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

[Grills' Apartment]

The torn-out page crumpled underhoof, coming to a rest somewhere on the floor, lonely and forgotten.

As for the colt there would be no response. Following the sound of the hoofsteps, they'd be led to the big master bedroom from before, where little Garion had been tucked in for some post-heroics naptime.

The sound of crying filtered out from under the door.

"Garion!.."
    She called out again following the hoofsteps to the bedroom. She bore a worried expression as knots formed in her stomach.

"Garion..."
    She said once more as she opened the door and walked into the room, her chest slightly rising and dropping.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

"Garion!.."
    She called out again following the hoofsteps to the bedroom. She bore a worried expression as knots formed in her stomach.

"Garion..."
    She said once more as she opened the door and walked into the room, her chest slightly rising and dropping.
    Inside, their eyes would be immediately drawn to a shaking, sobbing lump on the middle of the giant bed, hiding under the sheets.

Still no response to the name-calling.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

"Garion...sweetie...come on..get out from under the covers.." She said tenderly to console him all the while cursing herself mentally for her bad choice in bring the Simmer stuff up even in private.

She sat down on the bed and laid her hoof on the lump under the blankets.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Purple remains outside the door, not wanting to interrupt a sensitive moment.

(You can skip her until the scene reolves)
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

"*sniff* N-no! I don't wanna come out, I want my momma!" Garion bawled. The lump contracted as the colt pulled the sheets tightly around himself. A damp patch steadily grew where his tears soaked through the fabric.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Meanwhile, in the not-depressing Cafe de Greif.

Greif smirks at Tart. "Hey, some folks get tired of excitement. One can only fight so many dragons before you realize there's gotta be more to life than adventure and near-death experiences in the name of the Crown. Besides, this town doesn't seem to be all that boring." He remembers the kraken, and frowns. "At all."

Meanwhile, the pink mare behind the counter notices the newest patron. She gives her a smile and nod, then looks around to see where Blitz is. Seems like he should handle this one...

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

"*sniff* N-no! I don't wanna come out, I want my momma!" Garion bawled. The lump contracted as the colt pulled the sheets tightly around himself. A damp patch steadily grew where his tears soaked through the fabric.

The plum mare's body tensed as her heart sank. She then leaned herself in and hugged that damp lump, giving Garion a firm consoling hug as he cried. And she'd stay like that with him for as long as she could.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Grief's Cafe.

A certain almost mare walks through the door, with that almost perpetual lack of any sort of emotion on her face. She goes up to the nearest stool she can find, and waits for one of the workers to appear. She waves to Spark Chaser, as she waits to be served, clearly eying the place over a bit. Hey, if this place is going to replace her sister's, she might as well take a look at it and make sure it's up to the challenge, right?

She simply sits down and waits for one of the workers.

Spark let out a pleasant squeak. "Heya Smoothie, looking very pretty today." He grinned and stole a sip from his drink.

28. - Top - End - #1438

[Grief's Cafe]

Emotionless pony hoooooo!

Bleh.

Like an empty paper bag. That's now fun at all. Tart casts a sidelong glance at Smoothie and makes a note to inquire about her later. Ponies aren't exactly known for being the most emotionless of creatures after all.

"Yeah, I can understand that. Though there are plenty of ways to find excitement aside from sticking pointy metal bits in giant magical flying lizards," Tart laughs. "And I heard that! About the town being a bit lively for... reasons. I haven't gotten many clear explanations one exactly why the town is odd but-"

A shrug from the mock-unicorn.

"I figure I'll find out soon enough. Former captain of the Talons is a pretty neat surprise for sure,"
    that grin of Tart's is coming back with a vengeance again. "So... what's considered exciting around here? You guys are pretty far away from the Everfree. So I can't imagine nuisances like hydra or parasprites could possibly be the culprit."

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

Spark let out a pleasant squeak. "Heya Smoothie, looking very pretty today." He grinned and stole a sip from his drink.
    "Hi Spark. Thanks." She says. "How are you doing?" She asks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Grief's Cafe]

Emotionless pony hoooooo!

Bleh.

Like an empty paper bag. That's now fun at all. Tart casts a sidelong glance at Smoothie and makes a note to inquire about her later. Ponies aren't exactly known for being the most emotionless of creatures after all.
    Nope. Despite seeing and being complimented by a friend, still nothing from the pony. It's like her heart is five sizes too small or something.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

At the mentions of hydras, Greif smirks. "Funny you should say that. Miss Foxglove is off trying to find a diplomatic solution with a hydra who's causing problems for somepony's farm." He gives a wave of his talons. "Plus, y'know, krakens and gender-bending and crazy sodas that make you warp reality and-"

A suddenly look of sadness flickers across Greif's features, and his wings droop. "Oh no! I should have thought to ask Miss Soft Serve about her Soft Serve recipe when I had the chance... Oh well," he sighs, "I doubt she'd have given it to me, anyway. Artisans tend to be rather protective of their secrets."