New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

As you look into the cell you can tell it's obviously a dangerous criminal, the bars are at least twice as thick as yours. But when you look closely you can see an ogre that is badly injured and is in rags, but his muscle is obvious and he could be useful in battle.

"I'm Grumblejack. The other little'uns attacked me and put me in here. Are you escaping? I can come with you? I can fight!"

2. - Top - End - #62

MindFlayer

Saff keeps her spell ready, but attempts to pacify the ogre. From her tone of voice it sounds as if she's addressing a young child. "Well Grumblejack we aren't with those other ones, and we don't like them either. It is our intention to cause them a great deal of pain. To answer your questions; yes, we are escaping and yes, you may be able to escape as well. For now we need you to stay quiet until we've dealt with the guards. Can you do that for me Grumblejack? If you want to get out of here you need to do exactly as I tell you. We'll take care of the guards and get the keys."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+9)[25]

3. - Top - End - #63

Grumblejack steps back so he is concealed by the darkness in his cell.

4. - Top - End - #64

MindFlayer

Saff lets out a small sigh of relief as the ogre withdraws. "I don't think any guards heard that, but we shouldn't wait any longer. Can someone bring some of those manacles or the rope along to bind any hostages we take?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to 4M

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Alaric picks up the rope, slinging it roughly over his shoulder. "Shall I start making a commotion, then?"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateGuy

Kyan watches the ogre, but remains in position, the dagger held down at his side and ready.

7. - Top - End - #67

MindFlayer

"As long as no one objects then I should think, Mr. Szardos, that your time has come."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

"OY! YOU 'ORRIBLE PIECES OF REFUSE, I'M COMING FOR YOU! STAND AND FIGHT AND I'LL MAKE IT QUICK FOR YOU!" Alaric lashes out with the crowbar, striking the bars of the nearest cell with a resounding clang.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Sure enough, you'll quickly hear the loving response of WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING OUT OF YOUR CELL? as two guards come through the door, long swords in hand. One of them has a signal horn at the ready.
    Last edited by Mari01; 2012-09-08 at 11:24 AM.
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

10. - Top - End - #70

MindFlayer

"Surprise" Saff states in dull monotone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Sleep: 4HD worth of creatures, DC16

11. - Top - End - #71

PirateGuy

Kyan steps into the door way after the guards pass through to block their retreat if necessary.

12. - Top - End - #72

Both guards drop to the ground with a loud thud, asleep. No one immediatley comes up the stairs from the noise but you can hear noise from downstairs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[2](1)
    (1d20-1)[15](14)
    Last edited by Thattaman; 2012-09-09 at 10:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

"Quick, finish them off and take their weapons," says Trig as he walks up to the nearest sleeping guard and smashes his head viscous against the stone floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming that we're no longer in rounds, since we dropped both enemies. If so, coup de grace on one of the guards for an autocrit: (2d6+4)[11] if that's not enough to kill him out right, it's still a DC 21 (10 base + damage) fort save to avoid death.

If not, move close enough to coup de grace next round
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-09-10 at 04:44 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazoril walks to the door and peers into the next room to see if there is anything of interest in it. Passing the downed guards he comments: "You may want to leave on alive, so he can give us some information. We wouldn't want to be surprised by anything on our way out."

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception for the next room: (1d20+5)[20]
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2012-09-10 at 05:08 AM.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

15. - Top - End - #75

When Trigg smashes the guards head against the ground he can see blood trickle out of his crushed face and starts of his brain are on show.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fort roll: (1d20+4)[16](20)
    Last edited by Thattaman; 2012-09-10 at 10:13 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

PirateGuy

With a gesture towards the other guard and then to Saff, Kyan intones, "She said to keep one alive." He also retrieves the guards dropped swords, keeping one for himself and handing the other and the dagger off to anyone that wants them before going to stand guard at the door. He pokes his head into the next room and listens for any sign of approaching guards.

Spoiler
    Show

Preception
    (1d20)[2]
    Last edited by Indeed It Is; 2012-09-10 at 10:51 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

MindFlayer

"I did. Our freedom and our lives are at stake so don't ever be so foolish. We need information and you just wasted half of what we had."

"Kyan, can you take Trig and watch those stairs? Let the rest of us know immediately if we're discovered. Might as well search the room for the keys to the ogre's cell while your there, but stay quiet. Alaric, be a dear and pull these two back from the door and gag the sleeper. I'd like both you and the ogre on hand when this one wakes up. We can use the body as added motivation for our sleeping friend or simply as a meal for the beast. Shorty, would you be so kind as to strip the dead one for anything else that might be of use. I'll be back in a moment."

Spoiler
    Show
    Saff goes to room 20 and changes into some of the veil's civilian garb and prestidigitations herself clean before returning to the cell block to interrogate the captured guard.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazoril's eyebrow raises at being called shorty, but he then realizes he never told gave name to the others. "Bazoril Bolarr, at your service." He gives a low, not quite mocking, bow, and then proceeds to search the dead guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess its perception: (1d20+5)[6]

Hooray, a 1...
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2012-09-10 at 05:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Alaric ponders smashing the remaining guard's head in anyways. "I suppose it will be more fun if he's awake for it," he grumbles, dragging the still living guard into the remaining cell and tearing a strip of cloth to ball up and stuff in his mouth. This accomplished, he shackles him to the wall.

"What you said earlier, witch, about getting the chance to kill you..." he begins, glancing back at Saff as he searches the now shackled guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking ten on perception if I've got the time nets me ten. Otherwise... (1d20)[7]

20. - Top - End - #80

MindFlayer

When Saff returns she is relieved to find everyone working together. Once she's in the cell block she hurries to where Alaric has the prisoner chained, wanting to be there when Alaric wakes the sleeping guard t.

She joins him in the empty cell and inspects Alaric's gag, "Fine handiwork, I'd wager you've done this before. I suppose now we can get some information from this one. It seems to me this guard is only useful for two things: giving us the information we need and serving as a hostage. I don't think he needs use of his fingers for either of those purposes. Come to think of it, he doesn't need use of his arms at all. What do you think Alaric, should we get started?" she asks with a smile as she steps away to give him full access to the prisoner.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

"Do you think we have time for an interrogation? They're going to be misses sooner than later." Hisses Trig as he leans back into the cell. "Finish him off and move forward while we've still got surprise on our side."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

"Judging by what has happened so far, I would guess later." Bazoril says, now stripping the dead guard of his armour and uniform in a very practiced manner. "Information is far more valuable than surprise at this point. We don't even know where the exit is, and all the surprise in the world will not help us if there are fifteen of them at the bottom the stairs."
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2012-09-14 at 08:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

MindFlayer

"Bazoril Bolar is right. Once you've lost the element of surprise do you really think you can fight your way through the entire prison? We need information more than anything right now, hostages too, and this is how we get both. Besides, don't you want to find out where that Sergeant is?"
    Last edited by Angstrom; 2012-09-14 at 11:01 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84

PirateGuy

Kyan continues to watch the stairs (just checking in)
    Last edited by Indeed It Is; 2012-09-15 at 05:45 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

MindFlayer

Saff reaches down and shakes the sleeping guard awake, "Hello, what's you name kid? As you can see, the other prisoners have left you alive. You might also notice that they were not so considerate towards your parter over there. You seem like a reasonable kid, so I think you can tell that if I was going to kill you I'd have done so already. Them," she gestures to Alaric and the other prisoners, "they were going to kill you. I kept you alive, something my companions did not want, because I told them you'd cooperate. I promised them you'd tell us what we need to know, but if you can't do that then there's no way I'll be able to keep them from snapping your neck like they did to him." Saff makes sure the guard has a clear view of the corpse Bazoril searched.

"Now tell me everything you know and I promise they won't kill you"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

.......what do you want to know?
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

27. - Top - End - #87

MindFlayer

"Well, I did ask you your name. How about we start with that and then go on to a quick count of how many guards there are in this prison, where they'll be, and their names. I assure you I have no desire to hurt any guards. If you want to protect your friends you'll tell us where they are so that we can avoid them. Then I want you to describe this prison to me, what rooms are where and what's in them. I should tell you, we'll be bringing you with us to check if you were telling the truth and if they," she nods her head at the others, "find out you've been lying there'll be no way I can protect you. If you really want to get in their good books, I suggest telling me where to find Blackerly. I can tell you they'd much rather have him than you"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post
    "Well, I did ask you your name. How about we start with that and then go on to a quick count of how many guards there are in this prison, where they'll be, and their names. I assure you I have no desire to hurt any guards. If you want to protect your friends you'll tell us where they are so that we can avoid them. Then I want you to describe this prison to me, what rooms are where and what's in them. I should tell you, we'll be bringing you with us to check if you were telling the truth and if they," she nods her head at the others, "find out you've been lying there'll be no way I can protect you. If you really want to get in their good books, I suggest telling me where to find Blackerly. I can tell you they'd much rather have him than you"
    Brandon. Honestly? If you avoid the guard stations, you can avoid most everyone. Well except for the patrols, but I couldn't tell you exactly where they'll be. The warden never really leaves his tower except for emergencies. This is just a job to me. It ain't worth dyin over. I can help you walk right out of here.

29. - Top - End - #89

MindFlayer

"Very good Brandon, I'm so glad you're cooperating."

Saff continues to use the guard's self preservation instinct to extract information. Starting with the room down the stairs she get's Brandon to tell her where to find the armoury, the guardrooms, the barracks, mess hall, warden's office, and all possible exits. She makes sure to find out where the guards and warden are and where Blackerly is most likely to be.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it ok if we skip the long dialogue and either have an exposition dump? Don't want the game to slow down.
    Last edited by Angstrom; 2012-09-20 at 10:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

The guard finally gives in, after a bit of torture. You find out that there are about a dozen guards on duty currently and both Blackerly and the warden Richter are helping out. He also says that to leave you must say the password, "Hesterfield".