New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1497
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Wall III: Wall Harder

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    The villains of the old must have been idiots, considering there's none left.

The new villains are all 'Oh hey, let's kill Magtok!'

I guess that means Magtok won. He's the standard to beat now.

That's kind of sad, I think.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Bugbear in the Playground

What was the thing that crashed into Trog's?

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

MagSat!!!! No!!!!!!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Bugbear in the Playground

That was a satellite?!? No wonder Trog's doesn't have a second floor right now.
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2013-04-02 at 05:14 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Halfling in the Playground

The villains of the old must have been idiots, considering there's none left.
    This place is usually worth ignoring, really. Lots of boasting and empty threats and the like.

This, however, is amusing enough to be worthy of a response. There's various old villains still around, if you know where to look. And far from being idiotic, they're rather smart. You see, open conflict in the name of villainy against all the good or half-decent people in the Nexus, as well as those who would rather keep it out of your hands, desire to control it themselves, or desire that someone else controls it...well it's simply not going to work out, is it? You have to be smarter than that. You have to know better than to boast on a wall about how powerful you are, what your next big evil plan is, all that sort of nonsense. Why, I wouldn't be at all surprised if your respond to this with threats, insults, perhaps a challenge of some sort...

And you don't even know who I am. Let's just say I'm someone who knows a lot more than you, hmm?
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2013-04-02 at 01:18 PM.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gotta hand it to Other Blue Text Guy. I applaud you, sir.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

7. - Top - End - #1087

I figure it's about time someone explained exactly what happened (and is still happening) in Trog's Tavern. So here goes. Prior to the satellite drop, a clone of mine was being assaulted and its mind probed by no less than twenty-three heavily armed criminals, including Enshadu and Riv, the apparent leaders of the group. Had the entirety of that clone's mind been allowed to fall into their hands, the resulting damages caused by misappropriated weapons technology, Magbot command codes, and the flying city of Lethargia would very likely have been unimaginably vast. Time was of the essence, Magbot weapons couldn't penetrate armor and numbers of that magnitude, and the tele-block devices that had been set up meant a call to Remnant would take too long. Only one plausible means of terminating the clone seemed clear, so in spite of the obvious collateral damage that would follow, I went with it.

I'm not saying that excuses or justifies what I did; merely explains it. My condolences and deepest sympathies go out to the families of those who were in Trog's Tavern at that time and not sufficiently shielded against its (temporary) destruction. I'm sorry, it wasn't my place to make a martyr of anyone. Restitutions will be made, and for the rest of the week, MagNews will not air, instead opting for a prolonged moment of silence to honor those who perished in the incident. I accept full responsibility for this tragedy, and contrary to what one might expect of me, have no intention of worming my way out of the consequences of these actions. Thank you for your time, Nexus. Please make sure everyone you know sees this at least once.

-Magtok
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-04-04 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you try calling out for help from the patrons first?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #1089

And you had no other options than bringing a friggin' satellite down on a popular tavern.

Kay.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

Psh. Maggot, Magtok, Maggie....really? You killed a family, including the man's young daughter apparently. You killed a few orcs, probably some waiters...Young men and women who had important lives ahead of them! All to save your pathetic self?

Magtok, you killed young women who never knew first love, never knew happiness...never got to raise a family together with a loved one. All for you?! A pathetic clone who never will do anything but serve as cannon fodder for me! All you've ever done is kill others for your own miserable self!

Of all you could do, instead of just giving up...you dropped a satellite down on innocent people?!
    Do you even feel guilt?!

11. - Top - End - #1091

Oh no no no, you don't get to claim the higher moral position here.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Troll in the Playground

A satellite, Magtok? Really? That was the best you could do? I'm disgusted. That's well beyond acceptable collateral damage in a self-defence situation.

-W

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Did you try calling out for help from the patrons first?
    From what I heard, he was screaming his head off.

Psh. Maggot, Magtok, Maggie....really? You killed a family, including the man's young daughter apparently. You killed a few orcs, probably some waiters...Young men and women who had important lives ahead of them! All to save your pathetic self?

Magtok, you killed young women who never knew first love, never knew happiness...never got to raise a family together with a loved one. All for you?! A pathetic clone who never will do anything but serve as cannon fodder for me! All you've ever done is kill others for your own miserable self!

Of all you could do, instead of just giving up...you dropped a satellite down on innocent people?!
    Do you even feel guilt?!

... So I guess that means we won't be getting apologies and restitution offers from Enshadu and his goons. Good to know.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

Do you even feel guilt?!
    Oh, shut up, grownups are talking.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Grownups? Hah! Grownups who blow eachother up over stupid things? I think I've earned myself a spot among the big kids already, seeing as I have already caused more havoc and destruction than most new villains do here, eh?

Oh, he was screaming! Shouting and crying like a mewling babe, digging his nails into his own hands! It was wonderful, seeing him in such unbearable pain...Hurting more than any man should ever be hurt. You should have seen his face!

I am in a higher moral position here than Maggot, seeing as I didn't touch a hair on a bystanders little head. Unlike Maggot, who killed Riv, and innocent men and women!

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

You know, bragging about causing havoc and destruction and then claiming that you haven't touched a single bystander is impressive even by the standards of this place. What does it feel like to lose track of what you've been saying after one paragraph?

So, like I said, can it. You're actually helping Magtok by distracting everyone from his destructive idiocy with your ravings.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #1096

Nobody cares what you think. You're trying to say you're better while bragging about how awesome you are and using nicknames that eight-year-old bullies would cringe at.

You're a child.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2013-04-04 at 01:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

I was only referencing the situation at Trog's here, pedal faster please.

A child? Hardly. Or maybe I am...A child with very big guns, and if you don't give me what I want...I get upset. So, Mr. Holier Than Thou, I'd advise giving me what I want. As MAgtok noticed, I get angry.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-04-04 at 01:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1098

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    From what I heard, he was screaming his head off.
    Still, I understand why nobody in the Tavern was willing to stop them. Six goons would be one thing, twelve is still plausible, but twenty-one, a robot coated in Elementium, and a nigh-impenetrable force field? They were operating with a defensive system more powerful than anything I've ever seen before, one which the satellite had initially bounced right off.

A satellite, Magtok? Really? That was the best you could do? I'm disgusted. That's well beyond acceptable collateral damage in a self-defence situation.

-W
    A child? Hardly. Or maybe I am...A child with very big guns, and if you don't give me what I want...I get upset.
    If I waited even two more minutes for someone to miraculously come and save me, this psychopath would've had direct control of that very same MagSat, as well as even more potentially destructive things. As the record will show, the life of a single Magtok rarely, if ever, holds any substantial value to me; my clone was not one of the things I was defending in that scenario.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-04-04 at 02:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

Still, I understand why nobody in the Tavern was willing to stop them. Six goons would be one thing, twelve is still plausible, but twenty-one, a robot coated in Elementium, and a nigh-impenetrable force field? They were operating with a defensive system more powerful than anything I've ever seen before, one which the satellite had initially bounced right off.

If I waited even two more minutes for someone to miraculously come and save me, this psychopath would've had direct control of that very same MagSat, as well as even more potentially destructive things. As the record will show, the life of a single Magtok rarely, if ever, holds any substantial value to me; my clone was not one of the things I was defending in that scenario.
    Well, last time when it was just me and Zane we got our asses handed to us, and I almost was destroyed. So, I decided to bring in some extra firepower. I learn from my mistakes, you see. My system was stronger than anything you've ever made. I make better weapons, and defenses it seems, eh? Ol' Maggie? Maybe when I crush you and use your cloning vats to make my own personal army, I'll take over Magmart and your companies. "Frontier Industries, Paving Your Way to the Future!" Sounds good, doesn't it?

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Troll in the Playground

Have you ever considered a life of non-villainy?

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

Have you ever considered a life of non-villainy?
    Who, me? Maybe after all this is over and done, and I'm the richest creature in The Nexus, perhaps. Why?

22. - Top - End - #1102

A child? Hardly. Or maybe I am...A child with very big guns, and if you don't give me what I want...I get upset. So, Mr. Holier Than Thou, I'd advise giving me what I want. As MAgtok noticed, I get angry.
    If you want to say you're not a child, you probably shouldn't respobd with "I'm bigger than you, give me your lunch money."

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    If you want to say you're not a child, you probably shouldn't respobd with "I'm bigger than you, give me your lunch money."
    That concept has worked throughout history. Bigger always wins, the bigger armies, the bigger weapons, the most money.

Bigger is always better, after all.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

Mind you, I did try. but then a satellite hit me on the head.
    That concept has worked throughout history. Bigger always wins, the bigger armies, the bigger weapons, the most money.

Bigger is always better, after all.
    Now that's just conceited and incorrect.
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-04-04 at 02:26 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #1105

Bigger always wins, eh? You should tell that to Goliath, or the Romans, or the Mongols - oh wait, you can't, they all fell.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Titan in the Playground

And the point flies past your head once more. Oh, well. I tried.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome to the world of grownups, little boy. Spoiled children get punished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

Everything dies...But the romans were powerful for many years. Hitler almost took over the world because he had a bigger army than the rest, and many allies. As do I.

Harnel, then why do you use a greatsword instead of a dagger?

29. - Top - End - #1109

Salamis. Cannae. Carrhae. Watling street. Alesia. Teutoburg Forest. What history have you been reading, dumbass?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

30. - Top - End - #1110

Who, me? Maybe after all this is over and done, and I'm the richest creature in The Nexus, perhaps. Why?
    Rich? Really?

You're in this for cash? I thought your whole bit back with the T.V.s was anarchy. Money is such a lame motivation.

Not the robot rebellion, not ruling the world, not even to prove you're smarter then Marciano Louvre. (spoiler: Not likely, and even then not by much)

Just Money.
    Lame.

XoXo Blondie

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters