New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default IC: SW - Hand of the Sun

The Karrath Spaceport lies in the Middle City, which is simultaneously below the eye of the decadent dopes and above the concern of the indignant indigent. Hard working people eek out a life in the Middle City. Many here would never think of trafficking in anything illegal, fore they see themselves as the stalwart bastions of morality on this forever waning ecumenopolis. However, that righteous indignation belies many misfortunate ailments that pickle just below the depthless shoals of their work-a-day lives.

Oret Yzalli, the owner of the spaceport, is an autocratic Herglic taskmaster who runs a tight ship. His ruthless thugs patrol the spaceport and trample all those who would dare utter a whisper against their beneficent employer. Yzalli has denied access to any ship he suspects has ties to any and all smuggling operations. The vast Spaceport is uniquely positioned on Taris, as it provides easy access to the effete world above and the degenerate world below.

Sub-Vigo Xatan has commanded that this port come under his long shadow. He has given his band of rogues complete operational sovereignty. Bring the port to heel and be rewarded. Failure is not an option...

You find yourselves aboard the Adenn Beviin, Xatan's prized Mandalorian craft which he discovered and claimed several years ago. The ship has been cleared for docking, as none know of the ship's connection to the Black Sun. The doors hiss open and the ramp extends out with great speed, clanging against the durasteel deck of the port. Two Rodians and a Yuzzum emerge from a control room to greet you. Above them on a metal promenade stand three Trandoshans. The lizards are armed with heavy blaster rifles, the bug-eyes have pistols slung at their hips, while the Yuzzum bears nothing save an ornate red tunic and a datapad.

Many crates and thick tubes lie scattered about the circular docking bay, offering excellent places to take cover. Along the far wall, to your right, rest several deactivated repair droids that have been left carelessly slumped on the ground. Beside them is a closed door, leading to the control room. To your left is a large ramp leading up to the promenade that runs the circuit around the bay. The exit leading to the central docking facility is situated directly behind you on the promenade. However, the thugs that stand before you have spaced themselves out to the point where they block your access to both the ramp and the control room.

The furry creature looks tempestuously at your ship and scoffs, "What a pile of junk. I dare say it would be better served parking in the... Lower City..." Eying each of you in turn, he throws his wide nose up into the air, "I think it best if you pack up and fly this husk away. For you," Turning his gaze towards the Mandalorian, "Are not welcome at this port."
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-25 at 06:57 PM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: IC: SW - Hand of the Sun

Ori'solus
    The Mandalorian removed his helmet to look the Yuzzum right in the eyes.
    "Come on now mate, I'm sure there's no need to argue with any legitimate businessmen like ourselves. We would really appreciate it if you allowed us to dock here and be on our way."
    He said this with a smile as he tucked his helmet underneath his right arm.
    (Rolled 4 success and 1 advantage)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

[1 Failure, 4 Threat. Net 3 Success, 3 Threat]

The Yuzzum groans, "Legitimate businessmen my tuchus. Bah! I don't have time for you people. Your paperwork looks all well and in order... Perhaps a bit too well in order." The man scowls, "I don't like you sleemo. I think you're libel to start a fight or wreck up the place! And we can't have that, now can we?" The furry Yuzzum signals for one of the Rodians to come closer. He pats the bug-eyed man on the back as he chortles, "Leedo here will be your guide so long as you remain in the port."
    DMing:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ori'solus
    The Mandalorian slips his helmet back over his clean shaven head and mutters something under his breath in Mando'a.
    "Jare'la, copad, copad."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Licia flashes a charming smile like she used to flash back in her days as a holostar, "I trust there are no problems with me leaving?" She asks with a soft purr.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

The Yuzzum smiles, "Of course there is cheeka! You are friends with the sleemo, no? If yes, Leedo is your friend. If not, then," He flashes an exaggerated wink, "I am your friend."

The Trandoshans hiss from on high. The furry deck officer looks up to his allies then back at Lucia, "My friends have just informed me that you have been," he grins eerily, "Selected to undergo a random screening of your person and your belongings. Yes... Yes. Random indeed. If you will follow Reeto to the control room, he will begin the... Operation." He gestures you to follow the other Rodian, whose hand is firmly resting on his side arm.
    DMing:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Sasha hangs back a bit, keeping the Mandalorian between herself and the various dock thugs. She's not fond of their sort, even though she herself isn't exactly traveling with reputable company.

It was funny, really. Despite it going against her moral compass, the ex-Rebel had somehow wound up working for criminal elements to take over a spaceport. But it made sense, really. If she took the job for Xatan, rather than some other killer or thug, then perhaps she could help to keep the job clean, and avoid collateral damage. She knew where to draw the line, whereas others in this line of work often didn't.

However, so far she wasn't too concerned about the others she'd been signed on to work with. The bounty hunting holostar didn't seem the sort to haphazardly slaughter folks, unless she had some serious psychosis hidden under that charismatic smile. And the Mandalorian... She'd heard tales of the old warrior tribes, supposedly wiped out by the Jedi decades ago. They were supposed to be fierce but noble warriors, and if this man were a true Mando, then he probably had at least a half-decent sense of honor and restraint.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all...

And then the skuzzball Yuzzum decides that the holo-star needs a "random search" done on her person.

Frak.

This could go bad fast. Sasha tenses slightly beneath the tattered camo-cloak shrouded around her person, though she manages to keep a passive, neutral expression. Her green eyes begin to sweep back and forth, taking stock of potential cover, escape routes, vantage points, and priority threats. She also tries to take stock of the thugs, seeing which ones carry themselves like experienced fighters, and which ones look like cheap muscle that barely knows how to hold a blaster. If things go south, it'll take her a moment to grab the sniper rifle slung over her shoulder, and she'll need to know which targets are priority...

Spoiler
    Show

Rolling Perception to see which enemies look most dangerous, and which cover looks closest/best.

Perception for Sasha is 1 yellow and 2 green dice, so I apparently get....

2 Success and 3 Advantages. That's good, right?
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-05-25 at 07:53 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I wouldn't say a random guy on a ship who spent the whole time silently brooding and resiting any attempts at being social is a friend. He's kinda a grumpy jerk if you ask me.". She then looked at the boss. "And I would love a local friend. I'm not sure where the best places to shop, get some fancy clothes, and relax are here." Licia says with a huge grin. "so you'll show me the sights?" Oh! We can go out to eat! What's a nice place? Is this a date or do I have to buy my own meal? Wow this is a great first impression! I should come here more often! So when is the screening? I hope after dinner, I'm famished." Licia looks around trying to act like a dumb bimbo excited at the prospect of a date.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Sasha quickly determines that the Yuzzum is all bark and no bite. The Rodians look like competent run-of-the-mill thugs but those Trandoshans, they are more than mere goons. They look grizzled and experienced, far more than would typically be found in a spaceport such as this. As for cover, she notices a deactivated work station. If she hadn't looked so thoroughly she would have missed the fact that it is hovering a few centimeters off the ground. Once activated the work station would serve as an amazing piece of mobile cover, suitable for two people. Additionally, the work station has an open console on it, which just might have remote access to the droids on the far side of the bay...
    DMing:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

The Yuzzum scowls as he looks back up at the Trandoshans. His face visibly frowns when he looks back at Licia, "The screening will take place immediately. Please exit your ship and follow my associate to the control room."
    DMing:

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Sasha also notices that one of the big, thick fuel lines has not been properly flushed/drained. The hose extends into the docking bay's wall, most likely directly connected to the fuel tank.
    DMing:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Licia pouts, "But I'm hungry! Don't you know it's rude to keep a woman waiting? " She asks as she stomps her foot, acting more like a spoiled child. "Can I just give you my number and you can call me later? Search the smelly mando grump, he's more likely to have things then me. I mean, what would I have anyways? I got my money, my clothes, my sexy outfit for clubbing, my nail polish, my make-up, my eyeliner, ohhhhhh and my lipstick straight from Coruscant, its the Veilian Special soooooooooo in fashion right now. Way classier than anyone on that ship. Have you seen Javela? She wears the same style and she is sooooo chic. I met her once you know...it was about two months back on... Licia continues to ramble and subject hope like a silly foolish girl that looks good, but the more you talk with her the less you wish she was around.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

The Deck Officer pulls his collar away from his neck and dries his brow as he once more looks up at the Trandoshans. Turning his attention back to the Arkanian, "Look... Miss, these are the rules. I can't change them, not for anyone... Not even for someone as pretty and nice as you."

As the Yuzzem continues to apologize, one of the Trandoshans saunters down the ramp. His clawed feet clang hard against the ground. He walks straight up to Lucia, grabs her arm and hisses angrily in her face.

The furry officer rushes up, "He says you don't get to bend the rules... You must go with him to be screened... Or else... " He trails off for a minute to allow the goon to finishing speaking, "Oh my. You wouldn't want to know. Just go with him. It's for the best. No muss, no fuss... As they say..."
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-25 at 09:37 PM.
    DMing:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ori'solus
    Ori'solus walks up behind the deck officer tapping him on the back.
    "Hey man, not to be rude, but you can understand the lady not wanting to be felt up by a gentleman like yourself, who not only has better things to do, but better people to hassle. I can assure you'll only find knickers and a smile after that check, but it'll make the lady quite uncomfortable, and I would certainly love to avoid that if possible, eh mate?"
    Ori'solus said this with a friendly enough tone, but did apply the slightest bit of pressure to the shoulder of the alien.
    "So, whaddya say?"
    As he is doing this however, he does give the area a quick scan in an effort to get a brief idea what he would be getting them into if things went south.
    (3 success 2 advantage)
    Last edited by xilokix; 2013-05-25 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to roll charm check.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

[2 Success, 2 Advantage rolled. Countered by 6 Threat. So net 2 Success, 4 Threat]

The Yuzzum looks at the Mandalorian's hand and then at his face before whispering, "I'm not really in charge here... The Trandoshans are Yzalli's enforcer..."

He is cut off as the the Trandoshan (who is holding Lucia's arm) cold-clocks the furry man. The Yuzzum falls to the ground, his nose is bleeding profusely. The Trandoshan thug snarls at each of the Rodians before turning his ire to the Mandalorian.

"E chu ta! I wiiiill dooo azzz I pleazzzze zzzzleemo. You are zzzzcum. Complyyyy or myyyy men will zzzzzzlay you where you zzzztand! So I azzzzk you, dopo mee gusha, peedunkey?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Do you feel lucky, punk?
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-25 at 10:36 PM.
    DMing:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

When the trandosian grabs Licia forcefully her eyes go wide. In her mind she flashbacks to the last time a man grabbed her and her free hand quickly flicks and a blaster is in it. She quickly lifts the blaster point blank to the trandoshian's chin and pulls the trigger her mind flustered and a mess as she snaps.

Spoiler
    Show

Draw, Maneuver aim (as if the putting the pistol to his chin wasn't aiming)

Two yellow, two green, one blue
    http://i44.tinypic.com/1zvubyo.png
    ^result

Using a normal blaster pistol (light), not sure stats since don't have book here at work

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ori'solus
    The Mandalorian lets out a small sigh at the inconvenience, but is more than willing to engage this Trandoshan shutta if it means helping a comrade as well as furthering their access to the port.
    "No doubt one of the poorer choices of your existence there Or'dinii (Moron)."
    Ori'solus slings up his blaster carbine (Quick Draw) and makes for the mobile work station.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

As soon as Licia crams her blaster pistol into the Trandosian's chin, Sasha shrugs her shoulder and unslings her rifle. With practiced movements, she grabs the weapon, raises it, and brings the rifle to bear on the two other Trandosians.

"Get down," she growls at the Yuzzum and his Rodian "bodyguards."

The slugthrower rifle whines, and a solid round is hurled at the face of the biggest-looking Trandosian.

Spoiler
    Show

Maneuver to draw the rifle, Action to fire at the Trandosian who looks most threatening.

Ranged - Heavy for the rifle, so... 1 yellow, 2 greens, and 2 purples.

Results are...

1 success, 3 advantages, and 3 threats, for a total of 1 Success.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Sasha takes aim and lobs a slug right at the Trandoshan, striking him in the arm. Lucia breaks free of her attacker and shoots him. However, at the last moment he manages to deflect the gun away from him. However by doing so, he gets off balance and falls off the ship's ramp, falling almost a meter to the ground below. He lands belly first with a decided thud.

Meanwhile, Ori'solus rushes past the Trandoshan and dives behind the mobile work station.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-25 at 11:45 PM.
    DMing:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ori'solus
    As Ori'solus slides up to the workstation, he notices the keypad and attempts to gain access and awaken the nearby droids to fight in the groups defense.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill 2 computers Rolled Three success 1 advantage 2 failure. Net, 1 Success and 1 Advantage
    Last edited by xilokix; 2013-05-26 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Found DC. of computers check.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

The Two Trandoshans up top take aim at Shasha and Lucia. They each take time to line up their shot before firing.

Spoiler
    Show
    T2 v Shasha: 1 failure, 4 Advantage. He ducks into cover and gives Sasha a Black Die on her next attack.

T3 v Lucia: 2 Success, 1 Advantage. 7 Damage.

The Trandoshan misses Sasha by a hair, but the blast streaks past her right eye. The brightness of the blast leaves an imprint on her vision that will take several moments to vanish. Meanwhile, the other reptile man nails Lucia in the left shoulder with a blaster bolt.

The Rodians back off, fleeing towards the Control Room. The Yuzzum is still on the ground, trying to make his nose stop bleeding.

Spoiler
    Show
    So imitative will go like this: Player, Player, Trandoshan Leader, Player, Player, Other enemies. Anyone can post in the player slot.

DMing:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Ordo slices into the control panel and manages to boot up one of the repair droids. It slowly climbs up to its feet and stands at the ready. Currently it is equipped with a Power Drill and a Soldering Iron. On the far side of the docking bay there is an industrial laser cutter optional attachment. Sadly, these droids cannot harm a sentient being... However, the Mandalorian believes he can fry the droid's internal circuits to inhibit its anti-violence programming, at least for a short time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Make another Computer check to see if you can fry the brain. 3 Purples. Free action to command the droid to go some where and do something.
    DMing:

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Annoyed at the trandosian that touched her escaping, Licia was about to pursue him when pain ripped through her shoulder. She grunted and quickly turned to her attacker, aimed, and fired. She'd make the one that touched her beg for his life later. "The slime that touched me. Dibs on the kill." She growled, still not in her right mind.

Spoiler
    Show

Welp I think I hit. No crit sadly.
    2 yellow, 2 green
    Four success, three advantage.

Errr forgot the other die. One purple and a blue I think?
    Blue was a success, purple is the symbol that kinda looks like the empire symbol? Threat I think?
    So five success, three advantages (damn wanted just one more) and a threat...I think.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ori'solus
    Ori'solus cracks his knuckled and grins as he hears the drum hum and come to life. He does however, attempt to temporarily rid the droid of that pesky first rule of robotics.
    Spoiler
    Show
    One triumph two advantages and 2 disadvantages So, net 1 success and one advantage?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

With the success, Ori'solus commands the robot to get the laser cutter, and then make a direct assault upon the Trandoshans.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Lucia fires a bolt at the Trandoshan stupid enough not to take cover, which strikes his right arm. He screeches in pain.

Meanwhile, the Repair Droid runs over to the far table and equips the industrial laser cutter. Thanks to some precise slicing, Ordo managed to also supercharge the droid, allowing it to expend more of its batter power to increase the effectiveness of the laser cutter.
    DMing:

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Sasha wordlessly sprints for the workstation, sliding into cover alongside Ordo. "Mind the lizard on the floor," she grunts, before leaning out from behind the hovering cover to snap off a shot at the already-wounded Trandosian up on the catwalk.

Spoiler
    Show

Maneuver to cover, Action to shoot.

1 yellow, 2 green, 2 purple, 2 black.

1 success, 3 advantages, 4 threats. Total of 1 Success, 1 Threat. That's... not good, is it?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Sasha grazes the Trandoshan in cover's head, which had been sticking just far enough above the steel paneling to be visible. However, the rifle recoils oddly and smacker her eye. Though not life threatening in any way, it does sting and is quite annoying.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sasha suffers 1 strain
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-26 at 01:05 AM.
    DMing:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

The Trandoshan Leader struggles to his feet. He takes a look around the battlefield and realizes things aren't going right. He checks his comlink but it was broken in the fall. He huffs and puffs up the ramp into your ship...

Meanwhile, the two other Trandoshans take cover and try their luck at Shasha and Lucia again but their shots are for not as they miss wildly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh... One of them got net nothing and the other a net failure. Looks like you guys are weakening their resolve!

So I guess the players are back up! Yay!
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-26 at 01:02 AM.
    DMing:

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ori'solus springboards off the workstation and beelines for the ship as he orders the droid to attack the Trandoshan on the left.
    As he makes it into the ship, he looks down at the ground to see if there might be a way to perceive where the leader crawled to.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Movement to get into ship, action to perceive once inside, free action to direct droid.
    Two success, one advantage, one disadvantage, NET Two success.