New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Infinite IC

Once on the roof, Crypt pulls the knife from his shoulder, "tch, looks like I'll be spending my check on the medical bill, f***," he swears, heading towards the hospital, he could handle the pain, but it'd be a detriment at work, and his mother would worry, which could cause her condition to worsen. He keeps the knife, rolled up in a book cover in his pack, it was evidence he could use against her. Better to keep her off the streets, and throwing a knife like that would be a oneway ticket to Juvie, or Jail.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Gary simply smirks and pulls two tickets from his jacket
    "I have a friend who knows a friend who knows a friend."

"I don't know... I mean Dana and Darian are into this group just as much as you... I'll tell you what, if one of you two minions tell Jenny that Jack said to tell her to meet him down the docks at 5 tomorrow I'll consider it. I need some way of getting Danielle free to come with me after all. And what better way than letting the School Gossip see her bf cheating.
    I can't be seen to be involved though, it'll ruin the aim of Cupid's Arrow if the frost-queen suspects my puppetstring involvement."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

3. - Top - End - #33

OrcBarbarianGuy

Editing because I forgot which pronouns I was using.

Edrogrimshell:

As Crypt climbs over the low rooftops towards downtown, he eventually is forced to climb back down, due to the space between buildings growing too wide to jump. As he climbs down the fire escape, he find an odd black leather-bound book.

Necron:

Theo and Wendy stare at each other for a moment.

"Deal." they say in unison. Wendy leans forwards the thwacks Gary's nose with her middle finger, though, saying, "But call me a minion again and you'll never get a date in this town for the rest of your life."

They quickly get up, Wendy stuffing her laptop away. "How did you know Jack was cheating on Danielle?"

Theo quietly tucks his book away. "And where is the concert being held?"
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-11 at 11:41 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34

Crypt raises an eyebrow, shakes his head, and then grabs the book, putting it into his pack before heading off again. He still needed this stab cleaned out and stitched, luckily it hit a spot that bled sluggishly, so he didn't have to worry much about blood loss just yet.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35

Zombie

Gary grasps Wendy's hand after she flicks his nose, kissing the knuckles as he bows, overacting "Oh forgive my most grevious slight milady. You are much, much more than a mere minion. Would you prefer the title of Flunky? Or mayhaps Lackey? Ooh or maybe."
    Gary steps really close to Wendy "Maybe you would like the Title of Mistress to the King." he breaths, glancing at Theo to gauge his reaction.

Sorry everyone

6. - Top - End - #36

OrcBarbarianGuy

EdroGrimshell:

Crypt walks wearily up to the main doors of the hospital, past worried pedestrians, sick elders, and a single doctor impatiently pulling off her badge and stuffing it in her briefcase, pausing only to cast an irritated glance at him, presumptively because of his disheveled appearance.

As he walks in, he sees that the front desk is occupied by a friend orderly.

Necron:

Wendy flushes to light shade of pink, but manages to keep her cool. "When the king is ready to make his appearance, maybe I'll think about it." she replies smoothly. Theo appears bored, studying a fingernail for blemishes, but smirks at that jab.

7. - Top - End - #37

Crypt walks up to the orderly, someone he'd often dealt with after his fights, "Yo, got another addition to my list of injuries, first knife wound that wasn't an accident at work."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

Zombie

I frown internally at the lack of reaction from Theo but reply "I'll hold you to that then my dear."

Grabbing my own backpack I turn to Theo "As for you, I know Everything, I have a series of spy cameras planted in every part of the city that relays information right into my head, for I am Spyman!" I strike a silly heroic pose before laughing
    "Nah, I found out when I tried to set Angela up with Tom. Turns out she was taken."

Sorry everyone

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Oh no, no, my fault entirely!" Adam says as he awkwardly gets to his feet, helping her up as well. "Are you alright?"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    "I am sorry mom but," Melvin stops mid sentence. "You're better!" he stands and rushes to her bedside.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

11. - Top - End - #41

OrcBarbarianGuy

Stanleyindraven:

Spoiler
    Show
    His mother pauses. "I... Do feel much better. Better than I've felt in years. But... how? I have terminal cancer, it... doesn't just go away."

She looks at Melvin quizzically.

EdroGrimshell: The orderly clucks his tongue reprovingly. "Jackson Walker, what are we going to do with you." He signs some forms. "Take these to the ER nurse, they'll get you stitched up in no time"

Necron:

Wendy quietly extricates herself from Gary's grasp. "We'll see." She replies.

Theo shrugs languidly. "Faaasscccinatinngg." He offers an arm to Wendy, who hooks her own through it. "Shall we go?"

Wendy giggles. "Yes, we shall. Off to destroy romances and sew intrigue!" She shouts, dramatically pointing a finger into the air as they march down the stack.

"And you better still have those tickets for us when we get back!" She shouts over her shoulder."

Crazydude:

She suddenly blushes as she realizes she's laying right on top of Adam's chest. "Er... Um..."

She quickly pulls herself up. "Th-thanks, that's very nice of you." She slowly backs up, he cheeks burning red with embarrassment, until she bumps into the wall and squeaks with fright.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    "Don't worry mom. Everything is better now, we can leave here soon and go back to being a family. I was finally able to help you." Melvin's eyes well with tears of joy.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

13. - Top - End - #43

Crypt shakes his head, "not my fault the gangs keep picking fights, ot that the latest one likes throwing knives," he says before heading to the right room.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Adam smirked slightly at the girl's obvious embarrassment. "Hey, don't worry about it, **** happens." He extended his hand out, "I'm Adam."

15. - Top - End - #45

OrcBarbarianGuy

Stanleyindraven:
    Spoiler
    Show

Another doctor walks in, and blinks in surprise. "... Tina? You look... Well. You look like you did years ago."

Tina smiles. "I... Feel better. Perhaps it's a miracle."

She turns to Melvin. "Honey, how about you give me and Doctor Hoosier some time to discuss what's happened. Maybe you should go back to the house for now."

EdroGrimshell:

The orderly nods and smiles. "Never a dull moment with you, eh?"

As Crypt enters the ER, the head nurse, Mrs. Diehl, spots him and moans in mock despair. "So young Mr. Walker waltzes into our halls once again. Don't tell me you've finally gotten shot?" She pulls the slip of paper from his hand and guides him over to a corner, motioning over a tech. "Patch him up, hon. He's got places to be."

Crazyguy:

She smiles nervously. "I'm... Veronica." She twists a lock of hair in one hand unconsciously until she notices the proffered hand and shakes it enthusiastically, then flushes again as she realizes her total freak-out. "S-sorry... This is my first day in college... And I'm a little on edge..."

16. - Top - End - #46

Zombie

"Don't trust me? I'm hurt really." Gary says, heading in the opposite direction

Sorry everyone

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Heh, so I noticed. Are you heading to another class? Maybe I could walk you there. Ya know, just to make sure you don't run into anyone else."

18. - Top - End - #48

"Knife this time, Verda's got her eyes on me this time," Crypt says, then sighs, "wish they'd get the hint already..." he lets the doctors work, this was not as bad as some of the stuff he'd dealt with in the past.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Bladesmith: Karasu smiles tentatively. "M-maybe. Anyhow, I gotta run, or Gramps will be mad at me all afternoon. Bye!"

He runs off. School is over, so you can go home.
    Haj lets Karasu run off with very little more pestering, then begins the long walk home. Sure, he could probably take a bus or something, but he really didn't like being packed in like a sardine. Besides, with a little more work on the carburetor, the old camaro that had been sitting behind the house for more then a year would be in working order. Not great working order, and she'd still be ugly, but she was his. He called her Meryl. Well, not in front of anyone, but when he was sitting on the cracked leather bucket seat, that's the name he used.

However, he had to get home first. Long, confident strides easily swept him through the after school crowds and down the street, whistling as he went. Not a bad way to start off the school year.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

20. - Top - End - #50

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Wendy sticks her tongue out at Gary before vanishing around the corner.

As he (I assume) walks down the main steps to the library, he surveys the sun hanging low over the circular Holcomb campus. The first day back is over...

Or is it?

EdroGrimshell:

Mrs. Diehl sighs, "Lord have mercy, Walker. You seem to be a veritable magnet for trouble." The tech finishes the stitches and packs away the kit.

Mrs. Diehl lays a hand on his good shoulder. "You going to be ok, hon? Your dad still have that job at the car dealership?"

Crazydude: She smiles cautiously and pulls a notecard out of her pocket, studying it for a moment. "Introduction to Philosophy... Top floor..."

Bladesmith:

Hajime starts walking home, the afternoon quickly dipping low, casting long shadows across the streets, which are curiously more empty than usual.

The walk home doesn't take too long, and he bounds into the flat, grabbing a snack and plopping down on the couch.

There's no one else home.

Suddenly the phone rings, blaring at the hook.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

With a groan, Hajime levers himself back up off the couch. No rest for the wicked, it seems.

"Don't worry. I'll get it." He slurs around the last bite of PB&J before swallowing and picking up the phone.
    "Gordon's pizza palace. What can I get for you?"
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

22. - Top - End - #52

Zombie

Gary heads home, walking along.
    Taking several shortcuts and seemingly lost in thought. Mentally adjusting his Social Board where he keeps all the information, links and plans on everyone he knows.
    Thanking the library for those books on Meditation that allowed him to make a virtual Mindscape, which houses his lessons, his memories and everything contained inside his mind

(1d20+9)[22] Making a Sense Motive test on anyone approaching him. The streets aren't the safest place to be walking without taking notice of the general populace.

Sorry everyone

23. - Top - End - #53

Crypt moves his arm to check how the stitches affect his movement before giving a wry grin, "no kidding, luckily I can usually get out of it with relatively minor injuries. Gotta say, I never expected being a monkey as a kid coming in handy when I got older. Thanks, send me the bill when it comes in, I'll pay you back as soon as I can," he waves as he heads off, carrying his shirt and using his jacket in its place now that it's stained with blood, luckily it was black so it wasn't easy to notice. He went back home, he'd have to get work to mail his check from now on, if Verda knew the path he took, he'd have to avoid going that route from now on. He'd change routes every day, good way to not be caught easily. Once home, Crypt tosses his shirt and jacket into the washer, and heads to his room. His parents wouldn't be home for another couple hours, and he wouldn't have to start cooking dinner until then, so he sat on his bed and took the book out of his pack, he didn't even remember what made him pick it up now.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

A shrill, frantic voice comes over the phone. "What?!?" It's Hajime's grandfather. "Is this Hajime?? Listen, you have to get down here, the shop was fire-bombed by a gang of thugs and they took Karasu!"

Necron:

The atmosphere on the college grounds seems light-hearted and thrilled, though there is an odd sense of foreboding in the air. In the distance, sirens are blaring quietly. There must have been an emergency somewhere.

EdroGrimshell:
    Spoiler
    Show

Mrs. Diehl nods and waves Crypt along his way. As he leaves, he passes by a younger student from some private high school with a silly grin on his face.

In his room, he holds the old black leather-bound book, old and weathered from long years of use. Opening it, he finds a single sentence written down, page after page after page.

Say the name of power and embrace the Darkness.

25. - Top - End - #55

Spoiler
    Show
    Crypt raises an eyebrow, he know the Latin word for Power, it presented itself often in Occult books, "Potentia?"
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-09-13 at 07:38 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Zombie

Gary heads home, to his mum and sisters. Coincidentally in the general direction of the blaring sirens.
    Curious, Gary follows. After all, One doesn't know everything in town without a little digging.

Sorry everyone

27. - Top - End - #57

OrcBarbarianGuy

EdroGrimshell:
    Spoiler
    Show

There is a peal of thunder and the book rips out of Crypt's hands, floating in the center of the room, pages rippling back and forth as billowy winds tear the shades down and knock the lamp over, casting the room into a gloomy light.

The storm is over as soon as it begun, the book dropping to the center of the room. In the eerie silence, the shadows seems to grow and stretch out towards the book, pooling and collecting until they form an inky humanoid shape.

In the quiet passing of seconds the teenager and the otherworldly being stare at each other.

"Greetings... Jackson Walker." The shadow's voice is a thousand whispers in the deepest of caves, sound being heard where no sound should be.

"Your world… is in grave danger…. Threatened by forces from beyond time and space…"

Images flash through Crypt’s mind of worlds far off burning and crumbling into nothingness.

"They have come here to harvest this world’s life for their own purposes… for they hate all living things… Their minds are cold and closed to suffering…

You can choose to turn away from this fate… to hide… but it is too late… By calling forth my power, you have already drawn their attention… they will hunt for you, seeking out your blood like a dying man seeks water…

I… can give you a gift, the power to protect this world… This shadow, a mere portion of my power… Will you take it
    ?"

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    As Gary walks through the quiet city streets, illuminated only by a few streetlights, he can't help but get the feeling he's being watched.

The sounds of the sirens grow farther and farther away, and the ground begins to reel underneath his feet. As he totters, he twirls to look down the long, dark alley.

Where two large bright yellow eyes stare back at him from the darkness.

Run awaayy little one... your time hasssssn'tt yet commee... Go back to your liittllle sisstteerrs and reflect on your forrttunneee A sibilant voice whispers in his mind.

The eyes slowly sink back further into the darkness, the warning echoing around it as it slowly fades into the shadows.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-12 at 10:39 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"What do ya know, I just came from that class. Come on, I'll show you the way."
    Adam slowly lead Veronica back up the stairs, quickly deciding that this was a much better use of his time then sitting in his dorm room. "So you're into philosophy?"

29. - Top - End - #59

Spoiler
    Show
    "What the F***!?" Crypt shouts as the storm occurs, getting into a defensive stance, then it calms, and the shadows pool into the figure, "holy sh**," once it finishes talking, Crypt has calmed sufficiently, which is to say enough to not be freaking out because of the obvious display of magic, "Not like I have much of a choice if they're hunting me, I accept," he reaches a hand out for a handshake, "Just one question, what can I call you?"
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-09-13 at 07:39 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "Who are you! How do you know of my sisters.
    What do you mean my time?"

Gary leans forward, peering into the darkness after the yellow eyes

"How did you speak without words. I know I didn't hear you, but I did hear you."
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-09-13 at 04:33 PM.

Sorry everyone