Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary blinks a few times.
    "Well, I haven't shot electricity from anywhere on my body. I'll let you know if I do ok?"
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Recorded message then

John strains against the chains with all his strength and restored ability.

OOC: This is a full round action.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

3. - Top - End - #333

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

The doctor stares at Gary for a few moments. “Besides the abnormalities, you’re free to go. You’ll find your clothes and other personal effects in this cupboard.” He points to a corner cupboard.

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

The chains snap easily, as well as the bars holding him in.

He stands in a simple hallway, cells lining it in both directions. On each end there is a door, sounds of battle emanating from the one on his right.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John takes a quick look around.

OOC: John has eidetic memory and he worked here, what should be behind both doors? Also, does he have any neighbors?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-13 at 11:56 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

5. - Top - End - #335

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary grins, getting out of bed and stretching
    "Thanks doc. Now to save Wendy from Theo."
    Gary quickly dresses in his clothes and grabs all his personal effects, checking to see if it is all there before heading outside, making a mental note to return and check out the other Extrahuman in the hospital after Wendy is recovered.

He heads outside, looking for his mum knowing she slept in the hospital waiting for him.

Sorry everyone

6. - Top - End - #336
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

John turns to his friend "Did that guy just shoot lightning from his?"

7. - Top - End - #337
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Uh, I never actually ended up going. What happened?"
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

8. - Top - End - #338

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Behind the door on the left leads further into the building, various offices etc. On the right is the main entrance and some more offices.

There is no one else in any of the cells, but he sees bloodstains in some.

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary finds his mom still passed out on the bench, dark rings around her eyes from lack of sleep.

James_S_W:

Tim shakes his head vigorously. “HE TOTALLY DID!” He grabs a bag of stale chips out from under his folding chair. “Ernd tha’ uthr guy had claws!” he mumbles through munching on them.

You hear static coming from an odd radio-like device, Tim’s police scanner. “Whoops!”

He flips a switch.

“-ALL AVAILABLE UNITS, CONVERGE ON BCPD STATION IMMEDIATELY! AN ARMED WOMAN HAS ENTERED THE STATION AND BEGUN KILLING INDISCRIMINANTLY!”

Crazydude:

“Well, from what I heard there was this big fight that broke out during the concert. Some guy was macking on the girlfriend of one of the football players and he totally got his clock cleaned for it. Then he was arrested for setting off fireworks or something, but they let him go to the hospital. It was really weird though… the guy was pretty well-known amongst his class… Jerry Jesmont or something, known for being this really elitist type guy. It seems weird that he’d even be caught if he was as smart as they say.”

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John grins and morphs his hand into the cannon again, the process surprisingly pain free. With his other hand, he breaks off a bar from the cell and uses it to bar the door on the left. he then grabs the door on his right and lifts it off its hinges, throwing it forward. He walks into the lobby, and takes a quick look around to pick targets, ready to fire his arm cannon.

OOC: I do not want to start indiscriminately shooting. Also, NO SNEAK ATTACKS!

Should combat be handled with a bit more speed?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-14 at 08:26 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340

BardGuy

"Tim, why do you have that police scanner? You never go an help any of the people or stop any of those crimes."

11. - Top - End - #341
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Jerry Jesmont....? Hm, doesn't ring a bell. Where would you even get a bunch of fireworks like that? And he got beat up so bad he had to go to the hospital? By a football player? Almost a little funny with people fill out cliches so well, isn't it?"

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

12. - Top - End - #342

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "Mum, come on. Rise and shine." Gary gently shakes his mother awake
    "I'm free to go, come on. No problems except some weird metals in my blood. Did you get Any sleep?"

Sorry everyone

13. - Top - End - #343

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The door flies forward, smashing on a wall. Stepping through, John is quickly blinded by snow whipping about, but sees that the lobby and office have been ripped to shreds from bullets as the police engage with one lone assailant, a younger woman dressed in black, carrying a sword and shield made from some opaque white substance. With one savage swing, she cracks the blade down on the neck of a cop, sending him flying against a desk.

There are 6 cops, Verda is nowhere to be found.

James_S_W

Tim smiles self-depreciatingly. “Doesn’t everyone have an inner voyeur, a desire to be a fly on the wall? And besides, how many days do you hear about some lone chick walking into a police station and just going to town?”

Crazydude:

“Well, word is someone else got the fireworks for him.” Kyle looks sidelong nervously. “And… Uh, actually, he went to the hospital after vomiting blood and passing out suddenly after not being arrested for some reason, even though the police came to get him. It was pretty weird I hear. Not as weird as what we just saw, mind you… But still pretty weird.”

Necron:

“Hm?” Gabriela jolts awake. “The doctors said you’re ok? Ok.” She yawns widely, stretching. “Guess I should take you on home then.”

14. - Top - End - #344

Zombie

Gary shakes his head
    "Sorry, Wendy called while you were asleep, she is in a little trouble and needs me to bail her out. I'll be home by dinner though I hope."

Sorry everyone

15. - Top - End - #345

BardGuy

"Man, if I wanted to let out my inner voyeur, I'd just look out of my window and stare into Mary's room. Ya know, since she never closes her blinds." John's mind seems to wander for a second before he shakes his head and focuses
    "But anyway, even if we went to the police station, what could we do?"

16. - Top - End - #346

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Gabriela stares at her son for a moment.

“All right.” She collects her things quietly. “Is there anything you need?”

James_S_W:

Tim shrugs, grinning to himself. “I dunno, get popcorn and watch? Are we not like the ancient romans, taking pleasure in watching man kill man?”

He pulls a blanket off his bed and wraps it around himself toga style. “E pluribus unum, vidi vedi vici, ex nihilo, ad hominem, etc. etc. etc.” He chuckles to himself. “I’d go, but I have C+ programming class. Maybe you should, get a little perspective on the world.”

OOC: Do you intend to create any background for John, or is this a tabula rasa to draw upon as we go along?

17. - Top - End - #347

BardGuy

(ooc: Oh yeah, I never wrote out a backstory for him... hmm, I had some ideas, but I like the Tabula Rosa idea. let's go with that)
    "tell ya what. If I go to the police station and take some pictures to prove that I was there, will you please stay in your dorm room tonight?"

18. - Top - End - #348

Zombie

"I'll be fine, and I told you to go home."
    Gary leaves, going to the hospital cafe, knowing that he needed some form of practice before the meeting later that day

He closes his eyes, entering his mindscape to find the new source of his powers, examining it then triggering his ESP.

Sorry everyone

19. - Top - End - #349

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

He laughs uproariously. “DEAL!” He slaps his palm into John’s and shakes. “A’ight, I gotta go. Catch you later, big shot!”

Necron:

She frowns at his tone, but leaves.

In the cafeteria, Gary practices using his new-found powers.

-I’ve never seen anybody shoot lightning from his hands!” says Dr. Reid to Dr. Young. “Who has?” his coworker replies.
    Losers wasting their lives away.
    “I’ll have the swiss steak with green beans.”
    Ooh, she’s cute.
    “Have you heard what’s happening at the police station?”
    That shirt with those pants? No. Just no.
    “I don’t think the results were accurate, what with those metals and such.”
    Whatever.
    “How about them Yankees-
    -We’re going to have a baby!”
    “It’s a hoax.”
    “YOU STUPID-
    “Where is the bathroom-
    “Have you seen-
    “What’s-
    “I-
    “We’re looking for Melvin Groden.” One of the two police officers says smoothly. They look odd. Kind of pale, dark rings around their eyes.
    “Uh… Room 23, ICU wing. Can I ask… What the police want with him?”
    “No. No you can’t.”
    The blonde-haired woman uncrosses her legs and quietly folds up her newspaper, before looking at him. “They’re going to kill him, Gary. You should probably do something about that.
    His ESP suddenly turns off, and he whirls towards where she was sitting, not too far away.

No one is there.

20. - Top - End - #350

Zombie

OOC: what does the psychic representation of his powers look like? Gary has a Mindscape, creating a psychic representation of his mind and memories.

"So. People kill each other all the time. Why is this guy more important than anyone else?"
    Gary asks the air. Figuring anyone who can see his ESP and vanish in a second would be able to pick his words up.
    "Though it would be a good test of skill and practice. And it is a good act, rather than being a Total prick. *sigh* fine. I'll go save a Plasmapath. Assuming he has the powerset I think he does."

Gary rises from his seat. Nonchalantly looking over the hospital map and heading towards the ICU, moving in a different route to the 'police' if possible.
    "Right so since it's daylight I doubt they are vampires, though I'm not discounting the possibility. Judging by the pale rings I'll guess possession or reanimation. I don't recognize the specific person so it's up in the air. I'll get then with a Nullify then either a MindControl to have then diff against themselves or try and take them on. Depending on the effects of the Null."

Sorry everyone

21. - Top - End - #351

BardGuy

Based on how happy he was about that, I've made a horrible decision
    seems to be the only thought running through his mind. but he gets ready to go, grabbing his smart phone and runs over to mary's dorm room, knocking on the door
    no reason that I can't try and enjoy the Tim not being in my room tonight, and what better first date is there than going to see a murderous chick in a police station?
    (ooc: Italics is thoughts)
    Last edited by James_Sure_Woul; 2012-10-14 at 11:14 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John fires at one of the cops with his arm cannon, saying to the woman, I guess you're my rescue, who sent that message?

(1d20+2)[3]
    It's on STUN!

WHAT THE HELL!? THREE NAT ONES IN A ROW? WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!? It's a CONSPIRACY! Once is accident, twice is coincidence, thrice is enemy action.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-15 at 01:51 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Yea, pretty weird...." Adam says vacantly. "I've uh, got to go. See ya later." Adam hustles out and heads for the bus stop, taking the first one he can to the hospital.
    "Weirder than he knows, sounds like this crazy **** is happening all over town. Claw guy, lightning man, and I'm willing to bet this kid in the hospital is somehow intertwined as well. If there's even a chance, I've got to try to talk to him. Answers are something I'm way to low on right now. Although, how do I know he'll be so friendly? Lately the people I've been meeting have been rather... hostile. Oh well, it's a risk worth taking, and I suppose I'm not exactly a pushover with all this sweet new **** I can do.

24. - Top - End - #354

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

OOC: Hm. If I understand the concept correctly, ESP looks sort of like a handheld mirror, mind control a pair of glasses, and nullify a remote control.

Gary takes an alternative path, coming out only slightly ahead of the two policemen as they head down a hallway to the ICU, grim-faced and silent.

James_S_W

Mary, a girl of vaguely Mediterranean origin, opens the door. “Yes? Oh, John. What’s up?”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The shot goes wide. The girl brings her sword down on the skull of another cop, cracking it open and sending him tumbling to the ground.

I dunno. I was just told that Madness had a future ally locked away and that this was a perfect situation to prove my skills.

The cops shoot at her, but in the blinding snow she manages to catch the shots on her shield.

OOC: Try this for your rolls.

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show

Adam steps onto the bus, the only other occupants being the driver and a businessman reading a newspaper.

Sitting down opposite the man, he tensely waits to arrive.

The newspaper droops down, the man smiling oddly as he reads. Turning a page, he remarks, “A heart-warming display of initiative, but if its answers you want then you’re going to the wrong place.”

His eyes flicker up to meet Adams. “Mr. Jesmond is not on your side.”

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

To who? Hell, who do you work for anyway?
    John replies.

OOC: TALKING IS A FREE ACTION! May we converse quickly?

Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-15 at 07:00 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356

Zombie

OOC: Gary isn't really thinking this is real, he is operating under he assumption he is hallucinating/crazy OR it's all real. For both the standard operating procedure is to take it all in stride and hope t all works out. Because that's better than shutting down.

Gary walks briskly, not concealing his nervousness. Knowing that the police would likely think he is just another civilian nervous about a friend or family.

When he gets to Room 23 he enters, looking around to scout it out, backing away from the door.

If Melvin is awake he will say "Are you recovered yet to fight off a couple Extrahumans? Because two killers dressed as cops are coming through those doors for you and I doubt it's to give you a medal."

Readying an Action to Nullify the first cop through the door.

Sorry everyone

27. - Top - End - #357

BardGuy

"hey Mar. Look, this is gonna sound strange, but do you wanna go see a woman shooting up a police station?" john asks in almost the same tone you might use if you were asking someone out for coffee.

28. - Top - End - #358

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    She somersaults over to hide behind a desk with John

She looks at him like he’s crazy. “Cordelia, my mistress.

OOC: Talking is a free action within limits.

Necron:

Melvin was in the middle of getting dressed. He managed to get the pants on in time, but on his bare chest Gary can see five angry red marks where the feral boy got him.

He stares at Gary for a moment. “Ok. Move over there.” He points to a corner.

James_S_W:

She blinks. “Wait… go to the police station, where there’s an active gun battle? Are you crazy?” She looks at John incredulously.

Perhaps this wasn’t the best of ideas. Charisma check!

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John continues No, I mean do you work for the Madness or someone, no thing else? I really want to know who am I working with before I go in guns blazing. Also, what are you planning to do to this new ally? dodging behind the desk.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-15 at 07:53 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360

Zombie

Gary takes a few steps towards it to get out of any line-of-fire the Plasmapath could summon but remains focused on the door.
    "I need the practise, I have somewhere I need to be in a few hours and will need all of my own Extrahuman abilities up as far as I can get them.beating up a couple of killers should give me some good XP. Assuming my abilities can progress and they progress via usage. If not then I can atleast get more efficient in their use.
    I'm Gary by the way. Nullifier and Mind Controller. Would I be correct in assuming electrical bolts isn't the only thing you can do? I have you legged as a Plamapath, manipulator of plasma or plasma like states of matter. Like fire or electricity."

(OOC: think Firebender from Avatar, creating and manipulating nonsolid, liquid or gaseous forms of matter)

Sorry everyone