New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #421
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show
    "I didn't see what?" John says with a smirk as they head towards the police station.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Eagleaus tenses for a moment. “Veronica, you should go. Immediately.”

Veronica frowns. “What’s up?”

Communique from the Lady. Madness has already made an attempt on his Melvin’s life. He’s currently escaping the hospital with another Champion, who apparently serves one of Order’s… less popular lords, the Keeper of the Dead. Furthermore, a Lord of Madness is there, and apparently a weaker soldier of Madness. If one of the Lords is there, that means the hospital is crawling with his servants, and you can be certain he’ll draw every soldier in his employ into the fight. They are in grave danger.”

Veronica turns to John, he face grim. "I'm in."

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The employee blinks in surprise. “Er. Um. Yes. Wait. I guess you’re with the other two, huh. ICU, room 23.”

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    The two arrive at the station, the cordon tape down and the crowd mostly subsided. Oddly, there are no news vans or reporters. The front doors are wide open.

And there aren’t any cops.

“Something is weird about this. Let’s go in.” Murmurs Mary.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Good, let's move it, Eagleaus, Flutterhawk, fly us to his most probable position which I think is outside the hospital back entrance, if he ain't there, drop us in an alley and look for him. When you find him, one of you tell him what's going on, another one come back and tell us where are they. Sound like a good plan?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

4. - Top - End - #424

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Really? So, your first instinct, upon seeing an empty police station that was, just a few hours earlier, being attacked by a crazy woman and some other stuff, is to walk in?"
    Oh course, John is saying this as he is opening the doors

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime glanced away from his grandfather, brushing his hand over his eyes. When he looked back, well... Gramps was still Gramps, at least.

"There was, but it looks like I'm getting answers with crazy visions now. Don't worry about it. Just letting you know that I am going after Karasu. I'm going to find him, and I'll bring him back safely."

Haj turned back down the stairs, seeming to come back to his senses, his eyes losing that thousand yard stare. His mother was still crying, yelling, slightly hysterical. His dad, well, dad was trying to make sense of what was going on, while keeping a brave face on things. It hurt for Haj to see, but he hoped that maybe he could say something. Resting one hand on each of his parent's shoulders, he did his best to be comforting, and still fill them in.

"So, it looks like Karasu is being held by a gang. Of sorts. I might've been recruited by an opposing gang... Thing. Not sure how it works out yet. Seems like each side can give the other special powers. However it works out, I want you to know that I'm going to be smart about this. I wasn't trying to hurt that Melvin kid badly. I'm not going to blindly follow what these people are telling me. What I am going to do is to get Karasu back, then back out. I'm gonna get things back to normal." He pulled them both into a quick hug. "Love you both."

And with that, he went upstairs, stuffed a backpack with a change of clothes, some granola bars, and a picture of Karasu. He'd check on the Melvin kid first, just because he didn't have any other leads. He wanted to take the camaro, but he didn't want to get pulled over for not having plates. That would suck. That, and the way things were going, it would probably end in some super-brawl.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

6. - Top - End - #426

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hey y’all, introducing a new mechanic: GM Recommended Mood Music. If you see GRMM in your box, it’s usually a link to a youtube video to listen to whatever track I think fits the scene.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    GRMM

Eagleaus squints. “We’re not capable of looking through walls, but we’ll keep an eye out for them. Come on.

They take flight, grabbing John and Veronica and lifting them up, soaring between skyscrapers, wind buffeting them as the early afternoon sun reflects off mirrored windows.

If you see the Dark Lord, don’t engage him!” Veronica shouts over the wind. “Cordelia warned me we’d have no chance of winning against someone of that caliber!”

Swooping by the rear exit, they see no one is there yet, so the two eagles drop them off across the street.

Um… If- if we see anything, we’ll let you know.” Flutterhawk murmurs before taking wing.

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    She glares. “N-now is not the time for fear. We want answers, we need to proactively seek them.”

GRMM

The two walk into the main entrance. The whole place is wreck – lights flickering, dead officers on the ground, papers scattered everywhere, desks broken and wrecked. The walls are pockmarked with bullet holes and what looks like something bigger, though neither is sure what.

Mary swallows hard and steps over the body of a cop, his head at an awkward angle, a pool of blood drying around his open neck.

He wasn’t killed with a gun. Whatever happened to him, it was melee combat, and he was sorely outmatched. More bodies can be found like that, broken skulls or necks, or odd impalement wounds. Perhaps they were killed with a sword?

One is curled up under a cracked pillar, blood seeping from his eyes, nose, and mouth.

“Th-this was a massacre.” Whispers Mary.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    His parents staring at him in shock, Hajime leaves the house, bounding down the steps past his sizzling Camaro with the monster dog-thing on it.

GRMM

… Crap.

It’s big, as big as any lion or bear. It has a coarse mane, but where fur isn’t sprouting out greenish-brown scales cover it. It’s head, vaguely reptilian, frames rows of razor sharp fangs, from which ooze corrosive saliva, eating away at the hood of his car.

… And it’s wagging. The monstrous dog thing is wagging and seemed to be waiting for Hajime to come out. With a low roar, it leaps from the hood of the Camaro, landing neatly on all fours beside him, pacing around him before settling down to stare at him from the lawn. There seems to be a note sticking out of its collar.

7. - Top - End - #427

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Look Mary, I think we should head back."
    John says desperately trying to keep his voice steady
    "I'm all for exploring the mysteries, but what if whatever caused this is still here? What if living cops show up?"

8. - Top - End - #428
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Well. That hadn't been there when he woke up. Still, it didn't seem like it was going to try and eat him. Which was good.

"You're a nice dog, right? Just looking to get scratched behind the ears?"

Haj did his best pet/baby voice as he reached out to pet the dog... Thing. He was kinda surprised by how easily he was being desensitized to all this weird crap. Perhaps because it was so surreal still. Either way, given that the dog doesn't look aggressive, he'll take the note and read it while petting the dog(and avoiding the acid drool or any attempts to lick his face).
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

9. - Top - End - #429

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    Or what if the big bad wolf shows up?” Growls a voice menacingly. Out of another room steps the boy they saw earlier, his shadow slithering along the floor behind him.

He steps to block their path out. “You don’t have to worry, the people who did this are long gone. These worthless twits barely slowed them down.” He says, kicking a body. He stares long and hard at John. “You’ve changed since earlier.”

Mary steps back behind John. “J-John?”

The boy cracks his knuckles methodically. It’s less an act of intimidation, more a ritual. “I ain’t gonna hurt ya. You’re just two people who are in wayyyy over their heads.” He pauses again as the shadow whispers into his ear. “Oh. You don’t say. Huh.” He turns to John. “Get lost, you're not in any trouble. Oh, and unfold the star when ya get home. Now git."

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    The dog cooperatively bends its neck for better access. Unfolding it, he reads in an uneven scrawl:

“Hey Kid,

Tough luck, getting blasted by lightning. But hey, you’re back in the game, good for you. Anyhow, this is a Tracker Beast. It should help you find Karasu, provided Vain didn’t put him in a pocket dimension. If so, all bets are off. Anyhow, you only get one, so feed him, water him, and for goodness sakes don’t get him killed, he’s so lovable.

P.S. He doesn’t have a name, but will respond to whatever you call him

-Tye”

The tracker beast barks happily.

10. - Top - End - #430

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

He shrugs, ducking through another door, taking a more obscure exit from the hospital. “That’s up to you, I guess. I don’t really know what her plan is. Glad she sent you to save me though.”

He tenses, clutching his head, as a spike of pain shoots through Melvin's own.

"This is the Lady of Mercy. You are in grave danger. Madness is surrounding you right now and you have to get out. If a student named Adam stops you, take control of his mind and keep moving, Madness is only using him to slow you down. Furthermore, I am running interference to keep the dark lord from attacking you mentally when you control his thralls, so don't give up the fight!"

Melvin looks at Gary warily. "Did you hear what I just heard?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Sorry, didn't check the IC thread for a couple days.

"Lady of Mercy talking about a guy named Madness and a student named Adam to Mind Control? Yeah. Guess this makes me your new partner. ****, why did I get into all this? This Lady and Madness seem to be on levels between Greek Gods and Cthulu! Right, first I find Wendy, then I make sure the girls are ok. I really need time to take all this in and organize."
    Gary picks up the pace, walking briskly. Not running as that would simply tire both of them out and be a detriment but not dawdling by any means.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

11. - Top - End - #431

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Without looking away from the boy, he says to mary "Mary, I want you to start heading back to the bus stop"
    Then he says to the boy, "so you saw the Victorian ginger too?"

12. - Top - End - #432

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    I haven’t heard the name before, but if the Lady says we’re in trouble then I definitely would prefer to be elsewhere.”

They walk out the back entrance, when suddenly a metallic shining bird-thing swoops by. “FOUND THEM!” a tinny voice triumphantly shouts. “Come with me!”

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    Mary quietly walks past the boy, holding herself tightly.

He stares. “I really don’t have time for this. The people responsible for this massacre have been sighted and I have to go now if I’m going to catch them.”

He turns away, pauses, and looks over his shoulder. “And Shadow says his name is-” A soft static buzzing emits from his mouth, but his lips form a long word John doesn’t recognize. “-, and no, I’ve never met him. But apparently we’re on the same side.”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-17 at 10:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #433

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "And what are you?"
    Gary asks, examining the flying bird while looking around for that 'Adam' guy
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

14. - Top - End - #434

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    By the time john ask "what side?", the boy has already left. He sighs and catches up with mary. "Sorry, I just had to ask him how he got his shadow looking so trim. Mine's been a seeming a bit husky lately"

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John attempts to fill in the awkward silence waiting for Eagleaus and Flutterhawk to return by asking So, what do you do other than fighting chaos?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Thanks ma'am." Adam rushes towards the room. "Hm, well that was easy. I wonder what the chances are this will actually go smoothly."
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

17. - Top - End - #437

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    My name is Eagleaus, and I’m here to rescue you!”

gunshots ring out behind them. Whirling around they see an orderly running after them with a gun. Time to leave.

Follow me!” It starts flying towards the buildings on the other side of the street from the hospital.

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    Mary doesn’t seem to appreciate the joke very much. “What’s with that kid?” she mutters. “Well… what do we do next?” She asks, sitting down on a bench despondently.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Veronica shrugs. “I’m a college student. I study philosophy and logic. Not much else. My family lives out of state, so I rarely have much to do.”

Gunshots ring out across the street and parking lot, from the direction of the hospital. Flutterhawk swoops past. “Eagleaus found them!”

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Not very high.

As Adam walks into room 23, he finds two dead cops, one riddled with bullet holes, the other with a spike through his head. Someone with powers did this.

In the distance, Adam hears gunshots ring out.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

That must be nice.

Hearing the gunshot, John turns his head in the direction of the shot, saying, Well, crap, I think we should prepare to save their asses, activating his arm cannon.

He continues Flutterhawk, get high, tell me which direction they're coming from.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "look, it's getting late. We should probably head back to our rooms and get some sleep. We can figure out what to in the morning"

20. - Top - End - #440

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    They’re coming form directly ahead! Be warned, the Soldier of Madness from earlier is on his way too, and they’re deploying their forces as we speak!

Veronica growls. “He can’t just leave well enough alone, huh. Alright then. Let’s rendezvous with them on the road and make tracks.

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    She sighs. “Yeah. I guess.”

Slowly rising, she pulls herself up, “I was just hoping we could-

CRACK!

A look of shock covers her face, as red quickly blossoms from the center of her chest. “J-John…” She collapses. As she falls, John sees a man standing across the street, dressed in an impeccable white suit with a pink tie, carrying the largest pistol he has ever seen. Numbly, he’s aware that Mary’s blood has sprayed across his face, the bullet having punched straight through her chest.

Auf wiederschein, meine süße.” The man says quietly. “I am Veiss. And you are the first of the schrecken I shall kill.” He brings his pistol to bear again.

Roll initiative!

21. - Top - End - #441

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[9]John stands still for what seems like an eternity as he stares at Mary's body. then he begins to register the man standing with the smoking gun, and charges him.

22. - Top - End - #442

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: You… got… lucky… He rolled a five.

John wins the initiative!

23. - Top - End - #443

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    John Runs at the gunman and tries to punch him in his stupid gunman face
    ooc: it been awhile since I've done m&m combat, but I think i just roll {stupid online roller}

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by James_Sure_Woul; 2012-10-18 at 03:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #444

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    here is my attack roll.
    (1d20+3)[6]
    if it succeeds, then he'll have to beat a 21 toughness save

25. - Top - End - #445

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: In M&M combat you roll and add either your melee or ranged bonus, which in your case is just a +3 in melee.

John charges at Veiss, who smoothly dodges the attack, leveling his revolver at his opponent, firing the weapon with a loud crack!

The bullet sears across John's back, shredding his shirt.

The bullet skids off his toughened skin.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-18 at 03:26 PM.

26. - Top - End - #446

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    John slowly stares at his shirt, blinks a few times, then looks up at the man "Oh, this is gonna be fun"
    (1d20+3)[5]
    ooc: apparently, I can't hit anything. can I spend a hero point for a reroll
    Last edited by James_Sure_Woul; 2012-10-18 at 03:36 PM.

27. - Top - End - #447

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

You can if you want to.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-18 at 03:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #448

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    John starts yelling in frustration as blow after blow is dodged by th eman
    (1d20+3)[10]

29. - Top - End - #449

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

Edited after rules check

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: HP rerolls that land under 10 get an automatic +10

John lands a crushing blow into Veiss's chest, ribs snapping like twigs under his rock-hard fist. The gunman flies back and lands in a heap.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-18 at 03:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam staggers backwards in shock and disgust, the sight of dead bodies still not something he's at all used to. "I...wha-who-", his thoughts are cut off suddenly by the sounds of gunfire. He stumbles briefly, but then rushes out of the room and towards the commotion, dropping his illusion as he does, hoping that what or whoever did this won't do the same to him.
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2013-05-01 at 11:10 PM.
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.