New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #451
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show
    "That's right!" John grabs the man but the collar and forcefully asks "Okay, why did you just kill her, why did you try and kill me, and Why did your bullet bounce off of me?"
    (1d20+2)[4]
    ooc/joke: hey, can I get a bonus for attractive?

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam follows the noise and runs out the back entrance of the hospital, where two other guys are running away with what looks like a mechanical eagle flying over them.

And orderly is cowering on the ground, his arms over his head. “OMIGOD THEY’VE GOT GUNS!”

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    His head lolls back. John killed him.

3. - Top - End - #453

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OHCRAPOHCRAPOHCRAP
    calm down john, you actually didn't do anything wrong
    His hands shaking, he picks up his cell phone and calls 911.
    "I'm at this address, a man came and shot my friend. I tried to fight back before he killed me, but I think I punched him to hard, he died. please, soembody come, I don't want to leave, but I hate being here surrounded by the bodies" he says with a quivering voice

4. - Top - End - #454
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam takes in the strange scene as best he can. "What the hell is going?!"

OOC: Is the eagle chasing them or just flying alongside them?
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2012-10-18 at 05:09 PM.
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Haj leaned in to scratch the tracker beast behind the ears as he read the letter, a small smile growing on his face as he did. He'd always wanted a dog.

"So, I guess you're with me, boy. You're gonna listen to me, help me find the kid?"

Haj went ahead and patted the tracker beast a little more, just to see how he reacted. Sure, he didn't mind having a scary monster thing that would help him, but things usually came with a catch. Like, what did the tracker need to eat? Haj might have a hard time affording three jumbo bags of dog food a week, but it would probably be better then something that ate people. And what if it was just another way for Tye to keep an eye on him? Still, he did need the help...

"Alright then... uh... Mufasa." Okay, so the stupid mane had led to a silly name. Whatever. Haj pulled his picture of Karasu out of his pocket. "Can you find this kid?"
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

6. - Top - End - #456

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    The phone rings… and rings…. and rings… until someone finally picks up.

“Yello?”

There seems to be music playing in the back ground. “You killed a dude? Seriously, you ain’t screwing with me?” The tone suddenly grows somber and serious. “As your official 9-11 operator, I can only advise you TO LOOT THE BODY AND RUN! WAHAHAHAHAHAHA- click.

John is left staring at the phone in shock.

Welcome to the new world.”

Whirling around, he sees the redhead in the suit, folding Mary’s arms on her chest, clasping a lily that he apparently conjured. He closes her eyelids and cups her face gently.

Where only the strong survive.”

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The orderly looks up at Adam. “Those guys came out running n’ laughing n’ shooting, they nearly got me!”

OOC: The eagle is flying with them

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Mufasa doesn’t really react to the petting besides leaning against Hajime’s hand heavily, apparently a good sign. It sniffs the picture curiously, and paws its nose, looking up at Hajime with golden reptilian eyes.

7. - Top - End - #457

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so the Tracker Beast wasn't all that smart. Probably in the well-trained dog sort of arena. Good to know. Hopefully, he had the same list of commands.

"Stay." Right, be firm and stuff. Way back when he was trying to show Mom that he could be responsible, he'd tried reading a puppy training book. Hadn't made it past the first chapter, but whatever.

Taking the first few steps backwards to make sure that Mufasa(maybe he could change the name when he thought of something better?) wouldn't follow him, he zipped back into the house, and emerged with a shirt from Karasu's dirty clothes pile. This time Haj presented that to the beast before trying a new command.

"Find."

8. - Top - End - #458

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "What? Wait, before you leave, at least answer some of my questions"

9. - Top - End - #459

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Cautiously sniffing the shirt, Mufasa’s eyes grow wide and burn an orange color. He howls loud and long, raising the hair on the back of Hajime’s neck and causing his claws to unsheathe.

Mufasa wheels around, bounds once, twice, and leaps! Landing several yards away, galloping at a full tilt.

James_S_W:
    Spoiler
    Show

He rises and dons a top hat. “I don’t have forever, something important is happening. What’s up?”

10. - Top - End - #460

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Okay,
    1st: Why did you give me powers?
    2nd: What are my powers?
    3rd: WHat the hell should I do with them
    4th: What do I do with these TWO DEAD BODIES?!?!"

11. - Top - End - #461

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Haj cringed as he pushed back the onslaught of wild noise, forcing his claws back in. It seemed that tracker beasts were not subtle. Still, if Mufasa could lead him to Karasu, it was a win. Besides, it was kinda neat to have a pet.

With a grin, Hajime picked up his backpack and sprinted after the beast.

12. - Top - End - #462

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    He taps his chin thoughtfully. “Why would I give you powers? Well you seemed interesting enough, actually deciding to go investigate what was going on. A good adventerous attitude, I like that. And you're going to need them to survive what's coming, oh you certainly will." He grins devilishly.

"As for what to do... well besides surviving, what would YOU like to do with them? I would suggest staying away from people who say they serve the 'Lady of Mercy' though; they're liable to want to kill you. And if they aren't attempting so initially they'll want to eventually."

"And as for the two... Alas poor Veiss, he seemed like an interesting fellow, but he's dead now. I'll deal with the body." He raises one hand and black spikes shoot out, wrapping Veiss up and constantly shifting and writhing until they slowly recede, leaving nothing in their wake.

He extends his other hand towards Mary, and the asphalt rises up to wrap around her. He makes a fist, and the black matter crystallizes and becomes clear, suspending her in glass. He snaps his fingers, and the crystal coffin vanishes.

He turns towards John. “If you want, you can visit her grave. It’s in the woods to the south of the city.”

He begins walking away. “Now if you’ll excuse me, my colleagues are proctoring a war that I’m deeply interested in observing. Good day.”

Bladesmith:
    Spoiler
    Show

Mufasa leads Hajime through the city streets, first to the Ninamori shop and then towards the school. He seems to be eliminating possible leads.

Suddenly he freezes stock still, pointing up towards Benning’s Tower in the distance, the beating heart of the city.

Storms clouds are beginning to brew, and thunder rumbles in the distance.

13. - Top - End - #463

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    He didn't tell me what my powers are is john's only thought as he walks back to the dorm.
    He throws his tattered shirt into a dumpster, and notices some ab definition that wasn't there a few days ago. he slowly goes over everything that he experienced during the fight.
    Okay, I punched a guy hard enough to kill him. He shot me at least twice with a pretty dam big gun, and it bounced off of me.
    So I've at least got super-strength and invulnerability.

AS he stares out of his 2nd story window, he begins to wonder
    So am I like the hulk, or superman
    As he leaps out of the window, he has the comforting thought that if he can't fly, and his invulnerability doesn't kick in, at least he'll be able to apologize to mary.

14. - Top - End - #464

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime comes up next to Mufasa, huffing a little after the run. Instinctively his hand finds its way into the beast's mane, scratching at the soft spots between the scales on the edge of his head.

"I guess a storm means more lightning, huh? Just the way things are going."

Haj starts walking up towards the tower, picking up the pace as he went. No time to lose, after all. He'd have to be more careful this time, but he might have a chance at getting Karasu back. If he played it smart.
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2012-10-18 at 10:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    John, leaps out of the window, the afternoon sun brilliantly lighting his ascent into the ground.

He’s actually falling faster than normal. With a whump, he lands in the grass, leaving a small crater. He felt no pain.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Mufasa is tense and rigid underneath Hajime’s palm, and walks in jerking abrupt steps towards the tower.

He suddenly growls, as another tracker beast leaps from one rooftop to another and disappears, heading westward.

The two finally arrive at Benning’s tower, and he snuffles around the floor, trying to find a sent.

“Chomper?” A female voice calls. An older girl with limp neon green hair hops down from a hidey hole in the ceiling and walks over to Mufasa. “Huh. It is you. I wondered where you went.” Her skin is sallow and jaundiced, hugging tightly to her joints and bones, black rings around her eyes. Her breath is heavy and labored, and she’s visibly shaking.

“Hn. You must be his new owner. Guess I got replaced.”

Mufasa whines lowly and nuzzles her gently. “Whoa boy, watch the acid.”

16. - Top - End - #466

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Well damn
    Suddenly, John remembers the scrap yard not far from where he is.
    With in 10 minutes, john has jumped the fence, and is staring at the heap of cars
    Can I lift these?

17. - Top - End - #467

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W

Spoiler
    Show
    Make a strength check

18. - Top - End - #468

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: okay, so +6 from my strength, and, plus 2 from my super strength?
    (1d20+8)[17]

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I'll make sure they won't be outclassed by the solider, It'll be three versus one with me involved. Flutterhawk, Veronica, I'll be right behind them, unless I get stuck fighting the solider they're running from.John says, running towards Eagleaus and he allies he is rescuing.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-19 at 02:34 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, I'm guessing these guys know a thing or two about all this nonsense. Guess I can't let them leave then." And with that, Adam summons an illusion of a large wall, a little ways in front of the strange group, giving them time to stop.

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

21. - Top - End - #471

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Stupid forum ate my post, I was wondering why you were doing everyone else but not me.

Recreation:
    "Eagelus? How original, well let's go." Gary runs after the bird, fleeing the gun-wielding medic, looking back only to make sure his companion was following.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

22. - Top - End - #472

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:
    Spoiler
    Show

John grabs one of the cars, slowly and carefully lifting it chest high before tossing it off to the side.

Well how about that.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    John runs forward towards the group, using all of his training to cover the ground as quickly as he can.

He hears a cacophony of barking roars behind him and Veronica roars, looking over his shoulder he sees three of the beast things that killed Shane bearing down on Veronica and Flutterhawk. There’s an odd sighing noise behind him, and he sees a wall suddenly surge out of the ground, extending for in both directions, cutting the two boys off.

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin and Gary run at a good clip across the parking lot, and across the road they can see two people with another eagle running to meet them when suddenly three large… animal-like… things… just launch from the rooftops, chasing after the eagle and one of the two.

Demon-dogs!” Melvin yelps.

However, with a soft sigh, a wall erupts from the ground, completely bisecting the parking lot in either direction.

"NO!" Screeches Eagleaus.

Back on the loading dock, they see another guy with glowing red eyes, who shouts "Alright you two, just who are you both and what's going on here?"

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Before the wall springs up, Adam could have sworn he saw another man running towards the two from the other side of the road, but it’s too late to tell now.

The two are trapped.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-19 at 06:52 AM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John tries to smash down the wall with his super strength only turning around quickly to shout VERONICA, FLUTTERHAWK, LOOK OUT!
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Alright you two," Adam shouts, trying to sound as commanding as possible, "just who are you both and what's going on here?"

25. - Top - End - #475

Zombie

"No-one special. Yet. Attack your fellow animal"
    The last bit said to the bounding dog, before the wall rises up

"Now, be a big help and lower that wall. I'm going to assume you raised it, since you have glowing red eyes and the only Extrahuman to confront us."

Sorry everyone

26. - Top - End - #476

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    “Don’t worry about us!” Veronica shouts back, parrying at one of the beasts with a sword.

John charges the wall, hitting it with all of his might!

… It doesn’t even budge.

Crazydude, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    There isn’t time for the command to take effect, the dog isn’t paying attention, along with being too far away.

Adam, Melvin, and Gary face off.

Annnd Crazydude, you heard Necron, so there you go. Conversation away!

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John screams in frustration as he steps back for a bit and blasts the wall with his arm cannon, set to sonic.

OOC: Did he feel anything when he hit the wall?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-19 at 07:48 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ahem! I asked you two a question, what's going on here?!"

29. - Top - End - #479

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "We are fleeing the hospital after a failed assassination attempt by two possessed police officers, told by a probably-extra-dimensional and definitely god-like in power being to leave th hospital and not get delayed by a student named Adam, sent by some Madness. Who knowing my luck lately is you. If you will excuse us, my best female friend for a very long time who I may or may not have feelings for is being held captive by a former friend who tried to have me arrested for setting off fireworks and got me beat up last night."
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-19 at 08:03 AM.

Sorry everyone

30. - Top - End - #480

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Yes and no.

The blast doesn’t do anything to the wall.

Crazydude, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin whispers to Gary.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just let me blast him and let’s go!”

When they suddenly hear an enraged yell behind them from the other side of the wall, and blast of energy comes ripping through it.

Roll reflex!