New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show

Then why did that illusion guy seem to flip-flop between sides? One second he was stopping those two from escaping, the next he was shooting at those Changlings. Also, is it possible to cut this Changling off from the chaos web?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam sighs deeply with annoyance. "Right of course this isn't real. So what, am I just passed out somewhere having another trippy dream? Or is this just an illusion, and right now I'm just scaring the crap out of some real people on a real bus?" He collapses angrily into the nearest seat, beside the hooded figure. "So let me guess, you have some dark foreboding "truths" to reveal to me? Something about how you're on the side of freedom; while of course ignoring the hypocrisy of keeping me unwillingly trapped on The Magic School Bus."
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Mufasa quietly curls back, whimpering just a little. Hajime crawls back out onto the roof and sneaks around the other direction, but there’s nothing up there besides birds. Growling in frustration, he turns to head back to his hiding spot, when he sees something in the reflection of a window.

Vain.

Whirling back around, he finds the Lord of Order hovering in the air beyond the edge of the building, smiling smugly.

Hello, Hajime. Looking for something?

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    That is not something he would have seen, since he was in the middle of being augmented, hence why it wasn’t included in your text box. Please try to refrain from reading other player’s information in the future.

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    It is impossible to remove something from the chaos web.” Eagleaus says, blinking.

Wisdom check.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The hooded figure stares down at him, then points a withered grey finger at a sign, which says “Please Don’t Stand While the Bus is in Motion”.

It then sits down opposite him.

Safety first it whispers.

"Oh, somebody got two scoops of snark in their breakfast cereal this morning!" The bus driver peeks around. “Seriously kid, you’re not hallucinating this time. As much as I don’t like you for knocking off my sibling, I still gotta take you somewhere, so where will it be? If you’re not going to go anywhere, I’m just going to drop you off here and ditch the bus.”

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

WIS CHECK!
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll(1d20)+1:
    19,+1
    Total:20

NOTES
    -------------------------
    This field records your latest roll at its top.

Modified results that would produce a number less than one display as one.

OOC: I thought he would have seen something. But meh, okay. Also, what's the check for?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Haj almost just made a break for it. He was pretty fast now, but not faster then teleporting. And there was only one real way to get out of the building. Which left him kinda trapped. Which meant that his best bet was to try and talk his way out of it. Which meant that he was pretty much dead.

"I am." Hajime barely managed to keep the anger out of his voice. "Still looking for my brother. Thought I might try asking nicely this time."
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2012-10-21 at 05:56 PM.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

6. - Top - End - #546
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Right, safety...." Adams looks at robed man strangely. Turning back to the driver, he says, "Well if you'll recall what I just asked, I think it's about time I got back to school.

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

7. - Top - End - #547

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: The point I'm trying to make is that you didn't stick to your own box, like I asked. I'm aware of the temptation to look, but I politely ask that you do your best to ignore it.

Nice check btw.

John suddenly realizes that if the changeling is still connected to the chaos web, it is broadcasting everything it has seen and heard thus far to the entire web. Chaos knows exactly where they are.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Your brother?" Vain's smile widens as he tilts his head to the side, arms spreading widely. "If you wanted to see him, you could have just asked." With a flick of his wrist, the air before Haj began to shimmer and stretch, seeming to bend. There, a few feet in front of him, sat Karasu, exactly as Haj had last seen him, tied to the chair and all. Karasu didn't move at first but slowly he stirred, looking up towards Haj with wide eyes.

Vain simply smiled.

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The driver rolls his eyes. “Whatever kid. No please? No thank you? I’m not doing this for my health y’know, I’ve got important war efforts to do for my general, and instead L’linek tells me to shuttle you around like I’m no more than a common sh’hedra. Bah.” He starts spinning the wheel to head in the direction of the school.

A penny slides across the floor, bumping into the foot of the hooded person, who carefully plucks it between a thumb and finger before bringing it up to eye level. 97.5% zinc, 2.5% copper it whispers.

“Whatever!” shouts the driver back at him. “Every world we visit, you do this every time! Why am I always stuck with you?!”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-21 at 06:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #548

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, at least the kid was still alive. That was a relief. Now came the long shot.

Hey, kid. No worries." Haj gave his younger brother a small smile and a wave to give him a little hope. Kinda helped boost Haj's confidence a little, too. "So, Vain. The question is; what do I have to do to get him and I to walk away from this building together?"

9. - Top - End - #549

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "Nullify. Stay still, Stay still."
    Gary shorts out the Mind-Controlled beings powers before trying to reestablish control if he loses it

Roll(1d20)+5:
    17,+5
    Total:22

Roll(1d20)+3:
    18,+3
    Total:21

21 on the check to Nullify. 22 on the check to maintain the control through the nullify.

"Right so I say one of us stays here to interrogate her. I'm fairly sure my powers won't short out depending on distance so I'm going to go save my friend. No offense but this isn't my fight, I helped you from the police assassins because I was asked and didn't need to be anywhere right that second."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

10. - Top - End - #550

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    "It's quite simple, isn't it? Bring me victory, bring me the head of Madness, bring me victory over your commander."

Vain covered his mouth, stifling a laugh. "Just kidding." He clenched his other hand into a fist and released it - in time, Karasu disappeared and reappeared, now wavering with the wind that blew across the skyscraper. "I said I would let you see him if you asked, and that is what I've done. Do you really think I would just let you just have him, though? Oh no, I have plans for your brother. Much bigger plans."

C_O, Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

The soccer mom suddenly turns into a gaunt, grey-skinned creature in rags, like the one back at the hospital.

11. - Top - End - #551

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "What is your name. Why did you shoot at us?"
    Gary sees if he can receive or sense what is happening inside her mind rather than simply transmitting. Pressing into her mind, trying out different controls on the Mindscape Remote that represents his power.
    OOC: I'm AFB right now, trying to do a thematic thing is a Hero Point right? Or simply doomed to failure until I get the right Power?

Sorry everyone

12. - Top - End - #552

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime couldn't really conceal his anger anymore, though he was trying. He knew he couldn't kill Vain here and now, but he was really, really wishing he could. There was a hope that the villain would start monologing, though.

"Care to share?" Haj growled through clenched teeth.

13. - Top - End - #553

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    “I-i-i-i- am Vsh’neesh, I serve madne-” ‘Her’ expression screws up painfully. “I SERVE THE EMPEROR!” ‘she’ wails painfully. “MY HEAD, MY HEAD, GET OUT OF MY HEAD. GETOUTGETOUTGETOUTITHURTS!” ‘She’ thrashes and flails, shifting between multiple different disguises and faces before returning to ‘her’ original form, slumping in exhaustion.

OOC: Your mind control is completely basic. You’d need to hero point at this juncture it to gain mind reading as a temporary alternate power.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well," Vain took several steps forward, standing directly behind Karasu now, hand resting on the back of the chair. "It goes a little something like this."

The wavering image solidified, Karasu's eyes widened - with ease, Vain gripped the chair and in one fluid move, tossed it over the side of the skyscraper. When he turned back to Haj, smiling wickedly, his eyes flashed dangerously.

"Fetch."

14. - Top - End - #554

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "The emperor? Would that be me?"

Sorry everyone

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

What's Veronica's estimated recovery time? Can she be moved in this condition? This lady's broadcasting our position to the chaos net. he whispers to Eagleaus, pointing to the changeling at the last sentence.

OOC: I already realized that, problem is saying it out loud would have warned it. Also, I know the roller's just WAITING for a critical moment to give me a low roll.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-22 at 04:51 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #556
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

yuk Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show
    "Right, were are my manners. Thanks for knocking me out and please don't do it again." Adam sits down next to the robes man in a huff. "So, what's your deal?"

17. - Top - End - #557

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    ‘She’ breaks down in tears. “Y-yessssss….” Her face clenches in pain. “I serve the… the.. Emperor… agh!” Her madness is conflicting with the control over her. Her eyes suddenly flash blue again, and she calms. “I serve the Emperor.” She says tonelessly.

Eagleaus blinks. “Oh, right. She’s fine now, just resting. She’ll have a migraine, but if we wake her up now there won’t be any permanent damage or anything.” he whispers back.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The bus driver rolls his eyes. “You really are stupid. That was L’linek who put you here, not me. No, I was in the crowd you were shooting at.” He shoots a glare. “Thanks for the help back there, by the way, not like turning on us was incredibly rude or anything. You always think you’re soooo brilliant or sooooo clever, but I could have just launched this bus into the river and see if you’re succhhhh a great swimmer while babbling like an idiot.” He stares out the window bitterly. “My family died because of you.”

The hooded person drops the penny, and slowly turns to stare at Adam. Name: Adam Wentworth. Occupation: Student. Origin: Kingstone City. Ethnicity: Caucasian. Religion: None worth mentioning. Powers: Illusions. Madness:... 15% and climbing steadily.

The bus driver snorts. “That little? Wow. That’s pathetic.”

18. - Top - End - #558

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary grins at that "Cool, I would have gone with King but Emperor Gary still sounds fitting. And there won't be permanent damage...What about temporary? Seems an odd qualifier. Hmm I wonder if this will work. Vsh'neesh I order you to tell me how much of the Madness you have compared to how much you can possibly have using a Changeling, or whatever the name for your species is, not exposed to the madness or the web as 0 and the Theoretical limit you can have as 100. Then I want you to stop transmitting what you hear and see into the web but not at the cost of your life, permanent mental damage or a state of unconsciousness."
    Don't want to lose my first minion so quickly.

And I'll probably use the Hero Point for Mind-Reading next post

Sorry everyone

19. - Top - End - #559
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Look man, I'm sorry about your siblings and all that, but maybe you guys would get a more positive initial reaction if you didn't yank people out of their lives and thrust them into a war without any real clue of what's going on. But no, yea you're right. I'm totally the rude one for not immediately following your boss's orders blindly. Not to mention, I didn't even really 'turn on you', I was just trying to figure out what's what." Adam gives the robed man another confused look after his comment, then asks the driver, "So.....he's like an ultimate analyzer or something? Is he even sentient?"

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Good after this interrogation, we need to discuss base locations. Preferably ones better than this place. Also, can you hook us up with whoever built you guys, we need gear to even compete on the level these chaos guys are playing at. John whispers back.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #561

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

Eagleaus glares. “I did say she’d have a migraine.” He turns back to John. “Lady Cordelia and Lord Vain are working on providing you with a base of operations, and I believe the Lady of Mercy will be willing to give you an upgrade considering how helpful you’ve become since your prison break.”

OOC: Halfway through that you lost me, regarding the 0-100 thing (with the sentence starting with her name), but I’ll do my best to deliver.

She tilts her head. “Only Tye can remove the connection.”

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show

“You didn’t have to shoot at us to get information! If it's informaiton you want, go talk to Mephistopheles or whatever he calls himself on this world.” He yells back. “And no, that’s only a part of their abilities. He’s a Monk. Their order has pledged themselves to serving and worshipping the Lords of Chaos for all time, and they hold themselves to that strictly. Sacrifices must be made though, but they are more than rewarded for it.”

The monk stares at Adam. There is a hole in your mind.

22. - Top - End - #562

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    (Basically percentage 0-100. 0 being a Base Changeling (Base Human except for her race) 100 being as Mad as can possibly be. Think the Avatar of Madness made manifest into a Changeling body)

"I did not say remove, I said stop transmitting. Here I'll show you."
    Gary tries to force himself into her mindscape, using his mental power to open a direct link into her mind, forcing it back into a transmit/receive type rather than just transmit.
    There he tries to siphon away her memories (from a 3rd person view, leaving alone Emotional ties. Like the Pensieve in Harry Potter) of Chaos's "Playbook" their operating system for various scenarios and what capabilities they have.
    With as many copied memories as he can he puts them in one of his own empty rooms in his Mindscape, to be sorted through later then tries to find the mindscape-version of the web.

Sum up: Take a copy of her memories on what to do, when and what does her team have.
    Then find the representation of the link to all the other Mad people in her mind (which would be an environment based thematically on her Self. So if she is a puzzle to herself then her mindscape is a puzzle, if she is childish at heart memories are in the form of toys etc.).

Sorry everyone

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Good, that means very little discussion is needed about our new base except well, does it have facilities? I'm kinda homeless now. Also about those upgrades, why didn't she give them to me up front, not that I'm complaining or anything.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #564

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary suddenly finds himself in an immense void, two yellows eyes staring at him from the darkness.

Goodness, boy, didn’t you hear the nice lady? No means no. Once you’re in, you’re never out. You’re in her mind, you’re in all of our minds. Can your tiny brain handle that much of an infodump? I bet noooottttt.

Information, millions of terabytes worth, pour into Gary’s mind, people, places, things, concepts,

I could burn your brain into ash with this, but that wouldn’t be nearly as fun as what I’ve got planned for you. So you get to walk away, but don’t try this again.”

The yellow eyes recede. “I will not be as forgiving.”

Necron is back in the real world, possessing some knowledge that Madness let him keep.

Like, for example, the terrifying knowledge that madness has spread across the city at an alarming rate, the entire police department and most of the criminal underworld have been corrupted, and more servants of chaos pour into the city by the day from other worlds. And everything that has happened thus far? Preliminary work. The true beginning is very very close. There’s other stuff as well, but it’s less important.

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Eagleaus gives the bird version of a shrug, slightly shuffling it’s wings. “I suppose it might, I’ll ask my creator to include that in the design specs.”

Flutterhawk comes to join the conversation. “The- the reason you weren’t made any stronger is to ensure we don’t give too much power to somebody to have them betray us. It’s a process. Along with that, if we made you too powerful too early, you could easily make a mistake and kill many innocents. Chaos is mischievous and tricky, they’ll never stop trying to misdirect you, distract you from the goal of winning the war.

Eagleaus clicks his beak. “And to answer your unspoken question, the reason she pushed you off the building was because you were annoying her. She had intended you fight and kill Verda at Benning’s tower where you would have had a chance, but instead you ran. You cannot grow if you do not fight.

25. - Top - End - #565

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "Owww my head. Remind me to Never Ever try to read the mind of a Madness-Infected. Speaking of, this world is being invaded rather quickly. Most of the police and the criminal underworld are Mad along with Races of beings coming through daily. I don't know what you lot do when you fight with Chaos but Chaos can most definitely wipe through this world like so much tissue paper on it's own."
    Gary shakes his head, knowing he'll need a long time in his mindscape to sort all that info and recall it perfectly
    "Right, anyway. Do any of you need to ask our little Changeling here anything? Cause I want her back when you lot are done with her. Though she might be harder to interrogate if I can't concentrate on dominating her mind so get all the important stuff done in the next...10 minutes before I'm ot of here. Though if you want to come along with me I wont stop you."
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-22 at 11:01 AM.

Sorry everyone

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John replies Fair enough, but she really needs some anger management. Wait, what? at the tower I was hoping to track down that kid she kidnapped. Kill her, and I loose that kid, wait a minute,

He turns to Gary saying Ask her what happened to that kid Verda kidnapped two days ago. His name is something Gordon, I was never told his full name.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #567

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Flutterhawk and Eagleaus look at each other briefly. “Actually, Vain has him now. He’s been safe for a while.” They share another glance. “As safe as anybody can be in Vain’s possession, at least.”

Flutterhawk shrinks. “You- you thought the Lady was bad?”

Eagleaus shakes his head. “Vain’s worse.”

Melvin perks up. “Wait. Was the kid’s name Karasu? Because the feral came looking for a kid named Karasu and Vain, but I hadn’t heard of either of them.”

Flutterhawk shrinks more. “You see… the two brothers… neither realized it… but… um… they’re kinda… diametrically opposed. One is a wellspring of Order. The other… Chaos. If either became a soldier, they’d slaughter the other eventually. And… Tye, one of the Lords of Chaos, got one of them. Tye and Vain… hate each other. So Vain made sure the other brother was out of his hands, to preserve him… and to use him.”

They shrug. “Vain is obsessed with winning. He makes the Keeper of the Dead seem tame at some points.”

OOC: This is classified, no discussing in the ooc thread.

28. - Top - End - #568

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Real or illusion? Hajime didn't have time to question which was which. If he was wrong, Karasu was dead. That was it. There was no more thinking, there was just instinct.
    Instinct started him running as soon as Vain gripped the chair, instinct extended his claws and latched him onto the edge of the roof even as he threw himself off, reaching desperately out for Karasu's chair as he fell.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soo... There are a few rolls and things that might be important here.
    Reflex save to catch the kid: (1d20+4)[18]
    Climb to hold on to the building: (1d20+5)[24]
    Dunno if there is anything else. If all else fails, I could possibly use my hero point to alt. Strike or Speed for Super-move(wall-crawling) or Leaping, respectively. The first to climb the wall, the second to try and leap to the next building if Karasu isn't within reach.

29. - Top - End - #569

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "Answer whatever questions Melvin or John ask you. Tell me what you know about the Gordon brothers."
    Gary turns to Eageleaus
    "Why is Order and Chaos attacking our world? And both of you, Vsh'neesh and Eageleaus what your own and the opposing side is all about and why they fight."

Sorry everyone

30. - Top - End - #570
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Mephistopheles....? Doesn't ring a bell. Anyways, I wasn't shooting at you for information. I was going to talk to some people to learn more, when suddenly I got hit with like a lazer and then a group of people with guns showed up and started shooing in my direction. So yea, I shot back." Adam turns to the monk with a curiosity. "Hm, you seem rather rigid for a guy dedicated to chaos." He gives him a confused look after his last comment. "Uh....what?"