New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show

Stay safe will ya? Can we exchange numbers? So that you'll have someone to call if the excrement hits the fan, which it has gained a surprising tendency to do in these few short days. John says, taking out his ancient phone.

Hey, they didn't take it from me. he comments.

OOC: Don't kill me for taking some liberties with his gear, he does have a phone.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam stares out at the city in bewilderment. "What the hell is happening...? And whatever it is, how the the hell do I stop it?" He glances at the text. "Well, that's ominous. I'm guessing there's no chance she just wants a second date, which means this is going to be end of the world talk. Hm, but what if it's a trap? I've gotta remember to stay on my toes these days. But, I was just looking for her, and I guess I don't really have much more potential with tracking these guys down." He heads back to the bus for a third time, giving a sarcastic smile to the bus driver. "Seriously though, if this is a freaking trap, I'm gonna be so pissed."
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2012-10-27 at 10:15 AM.
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Panting after a long day of just running around the city like a crazy person, Hajime could only stare down as the city began burned. He wanted to run back to check on his family, to help try and contain the chaos. That was his stomping grounds that were burning.

"Dammit." Hajime cursed, a single tear rolling down his face as he turned away. "C'mon, Mufasa. Gotta job to do."

He'd come too far already, he'd see this to the end. That, and running all the way back would take too much time. He just had to hope that Mom and Dad and Gramps and Grandma got out of town. Then go back and kick the rear ends of everyone involved in this whole stupid mess until their butt cheeks were wrapped around their ears.
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2012-10-27 at 11:07 AM.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

4. - Top - End - #694
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Veronica gives John her number and thanks the Groden’s for their hospitality.

As she walks out the door, she looks back at John. “Whatever happens, we can’t let the city fall.

And walks out the door, trotting down the sidewalk and disappears around a corner.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The busdriver stares incredulously at Adam from his hiding spot underneath the wheel. “Do you think I’m going anywhere with the city goin’ to hell?!”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime and Mufasa walk into Ottenstad, tired and worn out. In the air, they can see the machines flying in circles, sweeping over the town.

Make a stealth check.

5. - Top - End - #695

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Haj quickly ducks in behind one of the houses, trying to conceal himself between some garbage cans.

{OOC: Stealth: (1d20+8)[13]}
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2012-10-27 at 11:29 AM.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John returns his number to Veronica. saying in reply to her, I don't need to be reminded. grinning slightly.

After Veronica leaves he turns to the Grodens saying, Eeer, hello again Mr and Mrs, Groden, did Melvin fill you in?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

7. - Top - End - #697

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    A sphinx swoops down, landing on the pavement with a thud, cracking the concrete beneath its feat. The human-like face looks around, the periwinkle filaments of its mane swaying lightly in the breeze, its eyes scanning for enemies.

Eight smaller bug-like machines swoop down, each about the size of a baseball, vaguely ovoid. They flit and buzz about the sphinx, their compact eyes glittering.

Mufasa shifts uncomfortably, peering at the sphinx, which matches it in size and mass.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    They stare sidelong at their son. “For the most part. You can stay here until you can find alternative arrangements, John.”

Melvin smiles sheepishly. “Let’s go upstairs and we can talk for a bit.”

8. - Top - End - #698

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Crap. Crap, crap, crap. This wasn't working out well. He was hoping to follow the robots back to the people. Didn't want to start wrecking stuff before he could talk to them. He and Mufasa might be able to take on the sphinx, but they could also get very hurt. He'd probably also get very hurt if they tried to run for it or keep hiding. So, he shoved himself further back into his hiding spot, but readied himself to leap out if the Sphinx made a move towards them.

{OOC: Stealth check, if I can attempt another: (1d20+8)[17], also, ready an action to attack the sphinx if it looks like we're spotted.}

9. - Top - End - #699

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "Then I have some information you should know. I heard from a Chaos member that they had infiltrated the police through, some way they didn't tell me how just that most if not all of the cops were Chaos-members.
    Is the evacuation site big enough to hold a Cities worth of people?"
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-27 at 08:00 PM.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

10. - Top - End - #700

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Sphinx prowls around, and walks out of sight, the bugs following behind. Peeking around the corner, Hajime can see it looking around house periodically, trying to find whatever it saw.

If he moves fast, he might just be able to make it out without attracting attention.

There isn’t really a speed roll, so we’ll just go with dexterity.

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    The EMT stares at Gary for a long moment.

“… Are you high?”

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you Mr and Mrs, Groden. okay, sure Melvin. John says, following Melvin.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-27 at 08:22 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #702

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    {OOC: Dex check: (1d20+2)[8]}

Hajime saw his opportunity and made a mad dash back in the way the sphinx had come from.

13. - Top - End - #703

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary glares at the paramedic
    "The entire police force is rebelling for some reason. There was a guy who shot lightning at a second person with Claws and you find it hard to believe it's due to a war between two organizations? Then tell me smart guy, what's Your explanation?"

Sorry everyone

14. - Top - End - #704

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin and John retreat to the guest bedroom.

Crisis averted.” Melvin says with a grin, settling back in the armchair. “What’s our next move? Not like, immediate, but we should have a plan.”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime and Mufasa rush out, desperately trying to make it to cover in time, when a shrill buzzing sounds out behind him, and he hears a terrific roar.

Glancing over his shoulder, he sees the Sphinx and the eight bugs bearing down on him.

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: You know how you asked to make him more charismatic? Word for the wise: this is going to end with him mind controlling people to make sure he doesn’t get kicked out, because he sounds like a lunatic.

“I DON’T KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON, YOU IDIOT!” The EMT roars. There’s fear and confusion in his eyes. You know. Like a person would normally be. “BUT IF YOU DON’T SHUT THE HELL UP RIGHT NOW, I’M PERSONALLY KICKING YOU OUT OF THIS AMBULANCE.”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-27 at 09:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #705

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary shuts up, rolling his eyes

Sorry everyone

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well, first things first, what did you tell your parents?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #707

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    The ambulance arrives at a crowded complex of tents and pavilions, medical and emergency personnel running around and scared civilians crowding about.

They pull Wendy from the ambulance and take her to a small, cramped first aid tent. A nurse blocks Gary’s path.

“Sorry, but it’s too busy in there, you’ll only be in the way.”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin shrugs. “What could I tell them? They’ve seen the news, they know it was me who shot lightning, whatever.” He has an oddly distant look in his eyes. “I’ve got other things to worry about right now, they’ll just have to understand that. I’ve got responsibilities now.”

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So I'm guessing I don't need to hide my "powers" from them. So part one of a forming plan, find out how the hell are they spinning the hospital and the police station thing. You got TV?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-28 at 12:25 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #709

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "Fine, tell her to call me. I'm going to go look for my family."
    Gary wanders off, pulling his iphone out and calling his mother
    "Hey mum, Are you in the refugee camp? Are the twins alright?"

Sorry everyone

20. - Top - End - #710

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Great. No way to outrun these guys. No more running. No more hiding.

Haj turned on a dime, his feet sliding on the smooth, perfectly manicured turf as he reversed direction. With a roar of his own to counter the Sphinx's, he charged back, claws and fangs snapping into place. The voice in his head reassured him that running was no longer an option. Then again, that was the same voice that wanted him to kill things. At this point, that was probably the voice to be listening to.

Hajime leapt up to slash at the robot.

{OOC: Attack roll: (1d20+4)[17]}

21. - Top - End - #711
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "What? I figured it was you guys causing this hell?"
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

22. - Top - End - #712

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin grins. “Even better.” He walks out, and returns a few minutes later with his laptop, setting it down on a small table. “Got a livestream here… Give it a minute to load…”

An image of the city pops up, fire and smoke rising from the skyscrapers, little dots as people run through the streets.

-Scenes of chaos, as the police riot reaches full swing. We have no idea what caused this, but the BCPD have fully turned on the people they have sworn to protect and serve. The Mayor’s office has released a statement imploring citizens to evacuate the city as quickly as possible, and emergency services have set up refugee camps outside the city. The Mayor and her staff, however, disappeared shortly after releasing the announcement.”

“The riots are believed to have started in the far east side of the city, a mere half-hour after the chaotic gang war outside of the hospital.”

Melvin stares at the computer screen in shock. “H-how did we miss this?”

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Neil answers. “Gary? Um… Hey kiddo. Good to hear you’re still alive- Doing well. Listen… uh… about your mom and the girls…”

He gulps.

“I… They’re somewhere still in the city. I don’t know where. Your mom let me borrow her cell since mine died earlier.”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime roars in fury and slashes the Sphinx across its metallic face, leaving four thin cuts across the metal.

Mufasa leaps in, snapping his jaws around the sphinx’s neck, the two going on hind legs, batting each other with their claws, Mufasa still holding on for dear life. Acid drips from the machine’s neck as the armor is slowly corroded away by Mufasa’s saliva. The tracker beast twists, sending the sphinx crashing to the ground, struggling to rise again, sparks flying from its neck.

Two of the bug machines zoom in, trying to bite Hajime with sharp mandibles, but he fluidly sways and dodges around the two.

Your turnnnn.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam peers further into the dark and realizes that the bus driver working for chaos was someone else. This is the same driver who took him to the hospital to begin with.

He hears a short wrap on the door and whirls around.

The Business Man.

He smiles cheerfully. “Howdydoo! Come along, I’ll get you to your destination, public transportation is so passé these days anyhow.”

OOC: The chaos driver had stolen a bus and was just driving around the city until Adam woke up. After he dropped the kid off, he ditched the bus.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-28 at 09:30 AM.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I don't know but I gotta warn Veronica, says John, taking out his cell and dialing her number, pacing furiously for her to pick up her phone.

OOC: Can this be quick?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-28 at 10:18 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #714

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome, Mufasa had the sphinx down, now to swat the bugs out of the air. Spinning around, Haj slashed madly at the smaller robots that were trying to bite him, swatting lightly but quickly to increase his chances of hitting.

{OOC: Using Accurate Attack for 2points. Attack: (1d20+6)[10], Toughness DC 17, I'm assuming the robots are immune to poison/fatigue.}

25. - Top - End - #715

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Veronica picks up.

“…We’re in trouble.” She panting heavily. “Flutterhawk is giving me a ride over the river… But I don’t see how we can put this down. There are thousands of cops running riot over the city, we’re just not strong enough to handle this, at least not in a full-frontal assault.”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    The bugs flit out of Hajime’s reach, chittering in amusement to themselves.

Mufasa tears into the fallen sphinx, trying to take a bite out of the machine’s side., ripping a hunk of metal out. The Sphinx gives a warbling roar as its vocal units begin to short out.

The bugs zip in again, each snapping a mandible across Hajime’s body.

Toughness, DC 17

26. - Top - End - #716

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Haj roared back at the little bugs, practically screaming his frustration with the new little slashes that their mandibles caused. This had to end.
    While instinct was create another network of small slashes to fill the air around him, his little rational voice was wondering what had happened to the other bugs.

{OOC: Bruised and/or injured. Being Accurate for 2 again. Attack roll: (1d20+6)[12], Tou DC 17.}
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2012-10-28 at 11:24 AM.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Me neither, we don't have the resources to stop this, we need an army. You need to get out of the air and the city. If the police are running riot it means that Chaos has access to SWAT gear, you and Flutterhawk are the biggest targets up in the air right now. I do not want to loose you two to fifty caliber rifle bullets. Okay, get out, the governor's likely to declare a state of emergency sooner or later. If that's so, we need to warn him about everything, Chaos, its capabilities, EVERYTHING so that the heavy gear about to move into Bluesky won't get hijacked by Chaos. YOu got that? say's John, pacing furiously.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-28 at 11:26 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    One of the bugs is sent flying away, spinning, but corrects and zips back in. The other explodes into smoke and debris.

Mufasa continues to tear into the Sphinx’s side, the machine warbling piteously, it’s bright blue eyes widened in shock.

The other bug zips around Hajime and disappears.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    I can’t, there’s someone I have to see first. I won’t be able to focus until I know for sure.”

John hears and odd whooshing noise and a thump. “I’m on the ground already. I’ll lay low and be back before you know it. In the meantime, you contact the governor.”

Eagleaus swoops in a taps on a window. "There's a Chaos Soldier on his way here! If we can't hold him back, you need to get the Grodens out of the line of fire!"

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I understand, my family ain't from this city so yeah, stick close to Flutterhawk, meet your friend and get out ASAP, I don't like people I owe dying on me.

John turns to Eagleaus saying, Come with us we need your help to convince the Grodens to bugger out of here. Are we on the dude's level? Can we take him in a fair fight?

Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-28 at 11:46 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #720

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Satisfied that he wasn't being attacked for the moment, Hajime was about to jump in and help Mufasa with the sphinx when he noticed its eyes... It had an expression. Er... It showed feelings. It might even have feelings. It might be something alive, an artificial intelligence or something. Maybe some sort of being from another place.

No, it was a robot. It was not alive. And it would tear them apart in a heartbeat. Like it had probably done in one of those dudes earlier. He couldn't let that happen.

Hajime slashed away at the exposed parts of the neck, trying to separate the head from the rest.

{OOC: Attack: (1d20+4)[24]}