New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #811
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The monk turns and stares at him.

There is a hole in your mind. What the cause is, I know not. Now I must leave, this one needs burial he hefts the body of the monk in his arms.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, good news, I'm not crazy just yet. Bad news, there's some force at work here that even these alleged omniscient guys don't know about."
    "Right, well thanks again for the rescue. I can honestly say that out of all the weirdos I've met these past few days, you guys have definitely been my favorite."
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

3. - Top - End - #813

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The monk stares at him for a moment too long, and Adam notes a sudden chill in the atmosphere.

… I am gratified it walks over and starts pulling the door open, a bit of a difficult task with its burden.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam notices his struggle and forces himself out of bed. He helps pull the door open, giving the monk an approving nod. "By the way, what's your name?"
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2012-10-28 at 10:20 PM.

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

5. - Top - End - #815

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The monk stops.

Goedash it replies. He lifts the body in his arms. She was Oerdu

6. - Top - End - #816
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Adam." He clears his throat again, "So uh, what happened to her?"

7. - Top - End - #817

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    GRMMhttp

Goedash stares, shifting from foot to foot. You were killed by the woman. This was unacceptable… So… she died for you, traded her life so that you may live.

He reaches up and pulls off his hood with some effort, revealing a mottled red-skinned face, his eyes and mouth sewn shut with black thread.

You call us evil, or slaves, but we choose our fate of our own free will, because we believe that the alternative is far worse. And so, long ago, she and I pledged our love and our lives to our lords, and in that course, to you.

We put our belief, our hopes, in people like you, champions of our lords, so that we may be used to finally bring freedom to this universe.

After millennia of war, it's the only hope we have left.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Responsibility? For what?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

9. - Top - End - #819

Zombie

OOC: My god I go to sleep and less than a day later there are 3 Pages!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary stops in place.
    "Where were they last and why did you leave them?"
    He looks around for a vehicle and a driver, mildly panicking
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

10. - Top - End - #820
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime watched the planet explode still just trying to absorb what Tye was saying. For being all about choice and stuff, this guy sure was pushy. Did have some good points though. Occasionally.

"Don't worry. I'll fight Vain. Got your powers and Mufasa to help. Just don't like having more holes in my brain. If I need to talk to someone, well then I'll talk. No hive mind, no chaos web." Haj laughed a little to himself. "You don't want me leading dudes anyways. I'd be terrible at it. I'm tired, though. Make you feel better if I said I'd sleep on it?"
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

11. - Top - End - #821

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The warrior Belshazzar steps up to John, face to face. “Leading.”

Eagleaus flaps closer. “The Lords of Order rarely lead these campaigns, they leave it to their champions. If you make this move, that would technically count as an independent action… and you’d have to lead, or hand leadership over to another champion, like Melvin or Veronica.”

His phone buzzes with a text from Veronica

I think I killed one of their soldiers, but I’m not sure. Monks got in my way before I could finish the job.

Necron:

Ooc: Trying to get this day done and over with.

Spoiler
    Show
    “Last I saw them the girls were going to school and your mom was doing her own thing. I had to work, y’know, that thing mortals have to do.”

He sighs. “Do you think I just left them? I’ve been searching all afternoon but there isn’t a trace, they’re just gone. I’m across the bridge from the city proper in Smith’s Ferry, things have gotten too dangerous.”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    They suddenly arrive back on Earth, Hajime sinking into the cool mud. Tye turns in the direction of the university across the river, his brow furrowing.

Oh I know you'll fight Vain, I'm just suggesting we should do it together. Our goals will coincide because when Vain's gone, then so am I. You don't have to join the chaos web, that was just a solution to the issue of..." Tye gestures at the city "Well, that. But if you won't, someone else will in time. But go ahead, sleep on it. If you change your mind, come to Benning’s tower, 83rd floor. The password is curmudgeonly.” He steps away and vanishes in a wink of light.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-29 at 02:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Let me get this straight, If I pull this, I'm basically stepping up to the plate of leadership.

OOC: Ignoring the text for now while getting the facts straight. Can this be a quick exchange ooc?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

13. - Top - End - #823

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O

Spoiler
    Show
    Artaxerxes nods. "You would be advised by one of the Lords, most likely Cordelia, but you would lead."

Belshazzar blinks. "But you would have to change your tactics. The leader accepts the position on the basis that chaos and madness, in all of its forms, must be stopped at all costs."

"Cordelia can give you the eyes to see the madness infected, so you can tell your friends from your enemies."
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-29 at 09:17 AM.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I'm pulling it, take me to Ohio's Governor's Mansion in Parkview, Bexley. I want big, I want showy. Let's go public.

He texts Veronica back
    Melvin's outside of Ottenstad, in a little park, I'm going to Ohio's Governor's Mansion in Parkview, Bexley. Text me where you're going.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #825

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Eagleaus grabs John by the shoulders. "Let's go."

The whole force moves out, heading south west from the city.

Text from Veronica
    I'll meet you on the way.
    After a few minutes, Veronica comes into view. "You sure about this?"

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

One can never be sure but Chaos has an army and if the National Guard moves in blind, it'll be slaughtered, also since I'm apparently taking leadership thanks to this stunt, I need people to question me, to second guess me, to ensure that I am making the best decisions possible. Don't be afraid to do that and knock some sense into me if the power flies to my head. So, how did the meeting go?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-29 at 09:49 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #827

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    She frowns. "Ok..."

And then she rolls her eyes at the question. "Well. Badly. He was a chaos soldier. My powers weren't strong enough to dominate his mind, so it became a fight to the death. I won. But then some monks showed up and fought me off, so Flutterhawk came and picked me up. Not totally sure if he's dead or not. His name is Adam."
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-29 at 09:51 AM.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you, but damn... Wait, you have mind control powers? That is very creepy. Out of curiosity, what was his power?

He texts Melvin
    I'm on my way to Ohio's Governor's Mansion in Parkview, Bexley, Veronica's with me.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-29 at 09:58 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #829

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    She gives a mischievous smirk. "Nothing so overt. I can control emotions, make people love or fear me. I prefer the direct method though." She says, hefting her ice sword.

"He crafts illusions. I don't know the extent, but I think he tried to make himself invisible. Didn't really work, he tried it in a snowstorm and he forgot to make the snow look like it was going through him. Once I saw the anomaly, his illusion fell apart and he didn't even realize it."

Text from Melvin
    10/4
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-29 at 10:13 AM.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

please, do not use that on me. So that makes three known Chaos champions, don't count Adam out yet, I blasted Walker with the equivalent of a tank gun, he's still alive. So its Walker, Adam, and Haj with Shadow, Illusion and Werewolfish powers. With possibly more unknown.

Changing the topic John continues So I guess you won't be getting that Philosophy degree.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #831

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    She shrugs with a grin. "Yeah, but this is much cooler, don't you think?" She shoots a bolt of ice out, which explodes into a flurry of snow, catching the moonlight and glittering in the air before being blown away by the wind. She laughs as some gets blown into her face.

OOC: One more post and then we'll wait for the others to get back in so we can wrap this day up. Oh wait, Crazydude is showing up in the future so we can go on as is
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-29 at 10:29 AM.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam is left wide-eyed and speechless after the monk's speech. After a moment of staring at the floor, he manages to speak, "I'm....grateful for both of your sacrifices. And Godeash, I promise you, she will not have died in vain."

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John laughs along with Veronica grinning like an idiot, saying At least you've got your priorities straight.

Wait, you won't be using your powers on me, right? right?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #834

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The monk nods and pulls his hood back into place. I thank you. It is… It is… he pauses. There are no words that can express my anguish or my gratitude, and I do not believe you would wish for me to telepathically show you. But I thank you, Adam Wentworth. Now… Rest. The Lords will be waiting for you.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    She sticks her tongue out. “Weeeelllll if it may get me the entire stockpile of chocolate in the state of Ohio…

She laughs. “Kidding.”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-29 at 10:38 AM.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John laughs along saying I'm not very sure if I believe that, girls, chocolate and whatever gets between them.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #836
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam waves good bye and laboriously climbs back into bed, closing his eyes and sighing. "Well, I got almost killed by a girl I went out with once, found out there's a part of my brain missing, and made a heartwarming connection with with some sort of extra-dimensional monk. What a day. And tomorrow, I get to have a 'board meeting' with the heads of Chaos." He lets out a long yawn. "Meh, should be fun." He then drifts off to sleep.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Curmudgeonly. Right."

Haj wearily looked down at his feet, sinking into the cool mud of the riverbank. He swayed, thoughts of just falling asleep where he was tempting him. But he was already standing, so he might as well keep moving. Leaning on Mufasa, Haj led the way up the river bank, and began the long trudge home, using every back alley and shortcut that he could remember.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

28. - Top - End - #838

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary nods, slightly more at ease thinking maybe they are still safe just out of contact.
    "Alright, thanks. Call me if you hear anything. I'm down at the camp down south of the city."
    Gary sighs, hanging up and looking around for a place to bunk for the night, hopefully close to the medical tent where Wendy is being kept

Sorry everyone

29. - Top - End - #839

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    She snickers at the joke, but doesn’t give a retort.

The two ride long into the night, accompanied by the machines.

We’ve nearly arrived, John”, Says Eagleaus.

Veronica smirks. “I’ve got an idea.”

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    He sleeps like the dead. [/bad jokes]

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Slipping past rioting policemen, scenes of violence and horror, Hajime trudges into the house, now apparently vacant, since no lights are on and nobody answers when called. His family must have escaped.

There’s a note on the fridge door.

“If you came back, there’s plenty of food for you.”

-Mom
    Opening it, he finds a bonanza of dishes, all centering around generous portions of protein. Both his and Mufasa’s stomachs gurgle.

Finishing with the fridge, the two make it to his bedroom where the tracker beast slumps down and gently snores. On Hajime’s bed, the sword his grandfather gave him with another note.

“Be safe.”

-Grandpa
    He’s asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow.

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Actually, he’s in the north. I really need to get my map scanned, rough draft or not.

“Will do.” Replies Neil.

GRMM

Drifting back to the medical tent, an orderly comes up to him. “Come with me.”

Following obediently, the orderly leads him into the first aid tent, which has calmed down a bit since they first arrived. “We’ve gotten her stabilized… But she won’t walk again. She’s asleep… But since you came in with her, I’m guessing you’re the guy whose name she was whispering. So… there’s a chair beside her gurney. Spend some time with her.” He rubs his eyes. “While there’s still time to spend.”

He walks off, leaving Gary sitting alone with Wendy, who’s sleeping peacefully, almost as if nothing happened that day. Her face scrunches up in discontent.

“G-Gary….”

She calms… and drifts back to a peaceful sleep.

His eyes slowly droop, and he falls asleep beside her.

30. - Top - End - #840

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary takes her hand as he drifts off to sleep
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-29 at 08:07 PM.

Sorry everyone