New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #871
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show

That was Cordelia the Asrai, over the "radio", one of my bosses. Damn, I was hoping to catch some sleep. Thank you for listening sir.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

The governor just sighs and nods.

"Let's go." Murmurs Eagleaus. The two move out of the mansion. "Sorry, but we won't make it in time to help if they need it if we stay any later."

They reunite with the main group. "How'd it go?" asks Veronica anxiously.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

As well as it can be expected the general got the message, whether he will act on is is another question entirely. We have to go back to Bluesky to help the Guard and Cordelia wanted to meet us on the way back there, these lords have no concept of human sleep requirements.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

4. - Top - End - #874

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O

Spoiler
    Show
    "You can sleep on the back of a sphinx. We will wake you when Cordelia arrives." says Belshazzar.

Veronica shrugs and pulls herself onto a sphinx, which takes off with Flutterhawk.

Another bends down beside John, allowing him to climb on. Its blue filament hair extends and lashes him to the main body, and it takes off as well.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John says Thanks, trying to force himself to catch some shut eye.

OOC: YOU CAN NOW START THE NEXT DAY! Sorry for being the slowest
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-11-02 at 09:47 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #876

OrcBarbarianGuy

New day! The current time is 6 AM on day 4, 8/22!

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I apologize for the long wait time, I had not anticipated things occurring as they did.

John blearily rubs the sleep from his eyes as he checks his computer

You’ve got mail!

A message. From Theo Silbern.

A pleasure to hear from you, mystery man. I suggest we meet, preferably soon. The city is not quite as safe as it once was, so how about the heart of Freeman Forest, say, 12 o’clock? If yes, I await your arrival.
    There’s a weird feeling, a ringing in his ears and the feeling of his passages suddenly clearing, and he can hear. Everything is eerily quiet. There’s no traffic.

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

Something nudges John’s shoulder.

We’re approaching Bluesky, the attack is going to begin shortly. Cordelia apologizes, she was delayed but will be arriving presently.”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime awakens in the musty darkness of his room. He yawns and stretches, cracking his knuckles, when he notices the other boy sitting on his desk, staring at him warily. He's wearing a sleeveless shirt and gray cargo pants, his dark hair hanging low over his eyes. The shadows on the wall behind him writhe and shift, exploring the borders and boundaries. Mufasa stirs and pushes closer to Hajime protectively, but doesn't seem to recognize him as a threat.

About time.”

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam is woken by the buzzing of his phone. He has a text.

The school isn’t safe. Get out.

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    A hand gently nudges Gary awake. He registers the hustle and bustle as people run around him, the chatter of the crowd, the smell of hastily prepared food.

“Gary…?” mumbles Wendy sleepily. “What’re you doing here?”

7. - Top - End - #877

Zombie

"Yawn. Well I was sleeping but I think you killed all the chances of that." Gary smirks
    "I didn't have anywhere else to be ad I may have fallen asleep by your bedside without hunting down a real bed."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So we wait for her I guess. Unless of course we can join the guard in the assault.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #879
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam quickly rose, the text shaking off any grogginess he might have had. He hustled outside, and responded:

Who is this?
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime blinked the sleep out of his eyes, hurriedly trying to make the blurring go away. He managed not to freak out when he saw the other boy on his desk, but just barely. He really hated mornings.

"The wake up call of Chaos, huh? Didn't know how to set off my alarm clock?"
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

11. - Top - End - #881

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    “Oh. I see.” She looks away suddenly. “So… are you going back to the city?”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    A pulsating blue light shifts into view, drawing closer to the group very quickly and then hovering in the air for some amount of time, steadily growing brighter. Suddenly it transforms into a bright beacon, before fading out completely. Left behind where it was now stands a figure - or rather, hovers amongst the clouds.

A woman, appearing to be in her early twenties, of stunning beauty has replaced the light. Her skin is a light blue in tone, covered in small patches of what appear to be luminescent scales that reflect the light in small rainbows of color. She stands as a small figure, body looking almost frail, but power emanates from her presence. Her clothes are reminiscent of nature, a formal, old-style blouse and skirt that recall patterns of leaves and flowers, both a soft lilac in color. Her hair, long and flowing, floats as if under water, icicles clinging to some of the white tendrils. Her eyes are a deep purple, but begin to glow with a harsh inner light as she looks over the group.

Briefly, she turns her view towards the rising sun and extends a hand - strings of light begin to weave themselves from her palm, extending both upwards and downwards and then out from the top. In an instant, it solidifies into a dark, lacy parasol which she holds tilted towards the sun, then turning her attention back to the creatures and champions.

The sphinxes fall into a bow and the eagles and warriors all offer lowered heads in signs of respect. Her attention looks over them quickly, she smiles slightly, and then her focus shifts to John.

"Hello, child."

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    There is no reply. Everything seems eerily quiet.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    He shrugs. “I don’t particularly care what you say. I’m here for one reason.”
    He fixes Hajime with a hard stare. “Are you going to take control?”

12. - Top - End - #882
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "No."
    Haj said it seriously, without hesitation. Hopping out of bed, he scratched Mufasa's head as he picked his sweatshirt up off the floor. It was the only piece of clothing he'd managed to get off before he crashed. He didn't let his eyes leave the other boy, though. He wasn't sure how old the dude was, but he couldn't be much older than himself. Still, he looked serious, but he hadn't just killed Haj in his sleep. Possibly reasonable. That was a good thing.

"I'm not hooking into the chaos web." Haj stated as he straightened up and extended his hand to the other guy. "The whole thing is too fishy for me. By the way, I'm Haj."
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John extends his arm in greeting nervously saying Hello, Cordelia I presume.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #884

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:
    Spoiler
    Show

He hops off the desk and walks out of the room.

Don’t care.”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    "You presume correctly."

She stares at the extended hand for too long, but the smile remains and she eventually reaches out with her free hand, just barely clasping his before letting go. Where she touched, John is left with a feeling of terrible coldness, skin paling significantly. She laughs seeing this.

"It will fade in a while."

Now she levels her eyes with John's, holding his gaze steadily. Her expression is somewhat fierce, shielded by a thin veil of amusement.

"I am told you were wanting to have a meeting, child?"

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Oh yes, I wanted to ask for your help in supporting the National Guard. They are about to move into Bluesky and even with the information I managed to pass on, it will be a slaughterhouse they need your help to tip the slaughter in their favour. Please.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #886

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "Only after I've made sure you're okay. I'm not going to just abandon you, especially since you getting paralyzed was my fault.
    But I have to go, the Twins are somewhere in the city. I called mum's phone but she gave it to her boyfriend. He left them in the city, mum, Dana and Darian. I don't want to leave you here but there just isn't anything I can do right now to help you, except be here and provide comfort with my royal presence."
    ]
    Gary strikes a pose, smiling at the bad joke.

Sorry everyone

17. - Top - End - #887

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Cordelia considers him and then begins to laugh lightly, shaking her head. After a moment, the laughter ceases and she regards him seriously once more.

"You agreed to be a leader when you decided to make this public, it is your job to handle the situation."

After a moment of consideration, she continues, "If I were to help, it would be worse than a slaughterhouse. Every living thing would be dead, no exceptions."

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

She gives a faltering smile.

“Don’t worry about me, I should be fine out here. Go find your family.”

18. - Top - End - #888

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'll be back as soon as I can. And I will fix you, I don't care how but I will. You'll still have a chance at the next Olympics as a sprinter."
    Gary laughs, remembering an old in-joke about that. Knowing the computer-programmer had a rather deep aversion to running.

He gets up and leaves exiting the tent and looking around for a vehicle and a driver with some keys. Knowing he probably wouldn't just be let back into a riot so he'd have to rely on his new-found powers.

Sorry everyone

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

That's....... excessive. Thank you for listening anyway. Belshazzar, how long was I asleep?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #890

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

There’s a jeep from park services, the owner eating breakfast and leaning against the hood.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Cordelia raises an eyebrow but doesn’t respond.

Belshazzar turns. “You have slept for a few hours.”

The Asrai looks on for only a moment as John's attention switches before turning her attention towards Veronica, still asleep. Still floating but moving as if walking, Cordelia makes her way over to the girl and looks down upon her with what could only be called affection. Reaching down a hand, she gently lays it on Veronica's arm with no apparent reaction from the cold.

Veronica stirs, sitting up and jolting when she sees the Asrai floating before her. “Lady Cordelia!” she stammers out.

"Hello, my champion. Are you recovered from the attack Chaos mounted against your mind?"

Veronica nods vigorously. “Yes my Lady, all thanks to you. If you hadn’t healed me…”

The Asrai smiles gently in response.

21. - Top - End - #891

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hello. I need a ride back into town to look for my family."
    Gary walks up to the owner "This is not a request. I am your Emperor take me into the city."

Sorry everyone

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

He said six, so I'm estimating the attack starts in an hour, ish.

Eeer, ma'am, we're on a deadline. We have to join the main body of the national guard before they make the push into Bluesky because like it or not, we're motioning to the forces in the vicinity the closest thing to an elite force with experience fighting Chaos.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #893
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, that figures. But wait, what if that was a trap? A mysterious text sent to lure me outside? Well, either way, I guess I should just keep my guard up and focus on getting to that meeting. So how to get there...?" Adam then carefully looks around for transportation.
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

24. - Top - End - #894

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    He looks up.

“Sure. Hop in.”

They pull out of the camp, heading for the city at a brisk pace. “Any where in particular?”

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

Cordelia nods and vanishes.

They’ve amassed their forces on the west side, and are preparing to cross the bridges soon.” Artaxerxes comments.

Veronica nods. “I’ll join with the force crossing at the southern bridge. That’ll put me just north of the university and south of Benning’s Tower.”

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show

Adam creeps out onto the quiet lawn in front of his dorm. There are no students, there’s no traffic. All the chaos from last night has quieted down, but there is trash and signs of looting everywhere.

25. - Top - End - #895

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    I give him the address and directions of the school the twins attend

Sorry everyone

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Then I'll take lucky north. taking a quick glance around at the forces available, he says, flip for the last sphinx? I pick heads.

OOC: Don't actually care who gets the 7th Sphinx so letting the cruel roller decide.

1: Heads
    2: Tails
    (1d2)[1]

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #897

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

He nods. “Ok.”

They drive in silence until they arrive at the school, in the suburb of Charlotte east of the city proper. The schoolyard is empty, nobody seems to be there.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Veronica nods. She flies down to the other bridge with two other sphinxes, Artaxerxes, and Flutterhawk.

Let us proceed.” Murmurs Belshazzar, and he leads John’s group to the northern bridge. A guardsman walks up.

“You our… consultant?”

28. - Top - End - #898

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary gets out of the car, releasing the driver from his mental command.
    He heads into the school, activating his ESP to quickly and efficiently search the school for a living presence.

Sorry everyone

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Closest thing to one, Name's John, that big metal guy there is Belshazzar and the robot eagle up there is Eagleaus. Listen to them will ya? So to risk sounding cheesy, take me to your leader.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #900

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

His sight travels through the school, finding no life, but there is… a red letter, pinned to a wall with a broken scissor.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The guardsman nods. “This is Captain DeVries.”

The Captain nods, and shakes John’s hand. “We’re launching the assault in a few minutes. Everything seems quiet over there… Any last minute details we should be aware of?”