Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1252

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #1021
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam receives the food with a smile and a thoughtful look. "Thanks, for the the food and the update. So Desmond, if you're so knowledgeable, how come you're just like playing servant to this asshat?"
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah.” Says Gary, looking around. “Fascinating.”

After a while, Flutterhawk arrives with Veronica in tow, laying her gently on the ground. John notes the people staring from tents, whispering amongst themselves as the golden warriors and sphinxes form a perimeter around them.

This’ll take a few minutes.” He says, putting his hands on her temple and closing his eyes.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Desmond’s eyes twinkle. “I serve that ‘asshat’ for a very simple reason: he’s my elder brother.” He coughs. “This is our home. You’re not even on earth anymore. I’m charged as the younger sibling to protect the home while the older sibling does the business of the family.”

He carefully pulls creases out of his suit. "We've been functioning in this manner for centuries. It works well. And as family, I understand what he is thinking better than most."

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter paused, staring at the soldier, making a decision to help him. He was here to help and this was important. No decent human-being could leave a person behind that was wounded, and Peter called out to the soldier. Peter's boyish voice prevailed in the face of possible tragedy.

"Sir! Sir! Do you need help getting out of here?"

Peter moved over to him and looked to see the damage. Mission could be put on the back-burner. A person's life was at stake.
    Last edited by Zdude; 2012-11-28 at 08:25 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam shakes his head and starts earnestly chuckling to himself. "You don't see the irony there? You chastise me for my moral guidelines because according to you, they only come from my species being indoctrinated for years. But you're totally willing to follow your social caste without a second thought. And you people wonder why I won't work for you."

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

5. - Top - End - #1025

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The soldier looks up blearily, his eyes unfocused. “Who- who’re…

He slumps over. Beakle hovers up close. “Scanning indicates he has been shot in the back and grazed across the head with shrapnel.”

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    “… Social caste?” He says, a pleasant smile now frozen on his face. “Are you really so foolish as to think this is-”

A black spike slices through the container of food, pinning it to the far wall, crackling with energy. The Grinning One raises an eyebrow. “When I dismissed you, that meant for you to leave with… haste.” He says softly, his right hand raised in front of him, another black spike spinning into existence.

Insult my brother again, and you won’t leave my home alive.” His eyes narrow. “You are foolish to the utmost limit, Adam Wentworth, so run while I’m feeling generous.”

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    "Crap." Peter sighed. "How far away is this lake? I told you I wanted to help people, so you can under I cannot just leave this guy to die. If the lake is not nearby, screw the mission." Peter waited for some wisdom from the bird.
    Last edited by Zdude; 2012-11-29 at 08:52 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam stares in shock at his now empty hands briefly, before throwing them up in apparent surrender. "Uh...right. I'll just show myself out..." He backs away towards the elevator. "Well, way to go Adam. Nothing like having everyone pissed off at you."

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John patiently observes the proceedings, taking quick glances around for any suspicious movement in the gathering crowd.

OOC Skype's a negator.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-11-29 at 11:06 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

9. - Top - End - #1029

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    It’s a river, and it’s about a half hour hike to get there.” It blinks. “If you feel brave enough, I can take him back to camp while you either wait or continue on your own.”

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The elevator goes down and Adam steps out, to find a young woman with green hair standing outside the lobby.

… With a lot of zombies shambling around her.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    After a while, Gary stands up, rubbing his head. “Ok… I think… I think I did it.”

Veronica suddenly gasps, sitting up straight.
    AGH!”

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John runs over to Veronica. Squatting down to see eye to eye with her, he says Hey, Veronica, you okay? concern evident in his voice.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam gives her a somewhat sarcastic wave with a nervous smile on his face. "Uh....are you with Chaos?"

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    He nodded. "Yes. I can do this on my own." Peter looked at the wounded man. "If we're heroes, we need to act like heroes. Please get this man to safety. Thank you strange-bird-mechanical-creature."

Peter continued his journey on his own, trusting the bird to do good.

13. - Top - End - #1033

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    She breathes heavily. “I… We… Weren’t we… What…

She shakes her head. “I don’t remember anything after that heaviness falling on us. What happened?”

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    She lights a cigarette, stares at it, and pokes it into the mouths of one of the zombies, before turning back to grin at him. “Yup. How’s it hanging, kid?”

Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Beakle bobs his head and grabs the shoulder, taking wing into the sky. Pete continues on, going into the city.

The streets are filled with wreckage and detritus, dead bodies here and there. All he can hear is the wind streaming through the skyscrapers. A voice speaks out softly, “Dude, get out of here!”

It’s a boy, surrounded by soft-ball sized metallic bugs. “What’re you doing, this is a warzone!”

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Uh, ya know, same old same old. So...what's with the zombies?"

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John's face breaks out into a wide smile as he gives her a quick hug saying I'll take that as a yes.

Backing off a bit, he continues Well, you kinda went crazy, I had to pull another one of my trademarked suicidal plans. So, question, can you fight? If you can't, you will be sitting out my next plan, though right now, I'm kinda happy they aren't living up to their names.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter looked at the boy. "I know. I am looking for my family," he replied. "It's a warzone, and I need to save them. Y'know how it is. You can't abandon family. No matter what you do."

17. - Top - End - #1037

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    She shrugs. “They were dead. I made them undead.” She glares into the milling mass of zombies. “Pazuzu, stop trying to eat your own arm off.

She methodically begins cracking her joints. “Is the big man upstairs in a good mood?”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    She returns to hug briefly and stands, extending her hand. Slowly, the ice sword forms in her hand, sparkling in the sunlight with mist clinging around it.

She turns and grins. “I’m good.”

Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    A brief flash of emotion crosses the guys face. “Yeah… I guess.” He settles himself and runs over. “I’m Melvin. I’m trying to get across the city. Have you seen this guy with a cannon for an arm? John?”

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John's grin widens as he gets up. Let's get suited up then.

Switching on the radio he says Lieutenant, we're about to head over to the depo, tell them we'll be dropping in.

Eagleaus, Flutterhawk, care to give us a lift there? Gary, just grab one of the sphinxes, we're moving out. he finishes in a slightly forceful tone.

OOC: Julian, in the geass game, I'll be doing it on skype, tomorrow evening when I get back home.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-11-30 at 01:09 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter remembered that one guy, but he never got the guy's name. "I saw a guy with a canon for an arm in the camps," Peter said, indicating the direction from where he came from. "I didn't get his name, though. He was hanging out with a bunch of mechanical animals things. Weirdest crap I have ever seen."

Peter scratched the back of his head. "Anyway, I better go," he nodded, "I need to find my family. Make sure they're alright."
    Last edited by Zdude; 2012-11-30 at 02:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, I doubt he was when I left. But he's with someone else now. You one of the other 'candidates'?"

21. - Top - End - #1041

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    They mount up and fly over the city, landing amongst the recovering national guardsman.

The lieutenant drives over, hanging off of a truck, hopping off beside the group. “Got some supplies here for you”

Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright. Good luck.” He runs past, going on his way.

He makes his way to the river, the whole of the city seemingly dead and empty. He sees an odd blue glimmer over the water between the two bridges.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    She chuckles. “Eh, maybe. I’m more of a free agent. If no one else takes it, I’ll go for it. I’m guessing from your tone you have been taken out of the running.” She says.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, I'm probably not the Grinning One's favorite person right now. But then who ever really knows with these guys, right? Anyway, that Walker guy seems way more dedicated to the cause."

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter had successfully crossed the city alone, veering off from anyone that tried to join him in his quest. Peter had followed the words of his quest-giver exactly. Peter finally found himself by the river, knowing that his task now was to swim to the bottom of the river, between the two bridges. He took off his clothes, staring at the blue glimmer over the water, undressing down to his boxer shorts. Peter swam to the glimmering blue light and dived downwards.

This was a test from the divine.
    Last edited by Zdude; 2012-12-02 at 03:39 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John grins saying So, open her up. What do we have to choose from?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1045

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    She shrugs, then pauses. “Oh, Walker is up there?” She starts giggling. “Well, now I have to go up on principle.”

Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The current pulls at him, pushing him this way and that. The blue glimmer goes down further, further, into the depths of the river…

Until he suddenly falls through a portal, landing heavily in a large chamber, water splashing around him.

The chamber is large, a glass bubble wrapping around the upper half of it. The murky waters of the Holcomb River flow around it. Four corridors lead off into separate directions.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Soldiers start pulling out large cases, some full of ammo, explosives, or other weaponry.

“Pistols, Rifles, Mortars… A lot of heavy firepower.” He shrugs. “QM isn’t around right now, so I don’t have a full list. Pull out what you need.”

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, have fun." Adam thinks for a moment. "Before you go, of you don't mind my asking, are you like, even from Earth? Like are you the same as me where they just threw powers at you. Just because you seem pretty used to all this stuff."

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter, standing there in only his boxer-shorts, sort of regretted undressing now that he was trapped in some secret chamber. He felt a bit cold. Peter decided to choose a path to follow, as standing around would not do anything, so he chose the right-most corridor (right being right, of course).

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John grins widely as he starts looking through the gear.

John looks through the gear for
    Spoiler
    Show

1) Tactical Vests
    2) A Heavy machine Gun
    3) Ammunition for said gun
    4) Flash-bangs for everyone
    5) Smoke Grenades for everyone
    6) Fragmentation Grenades for everyone
    7) Assault Rifles and Ammunition
    8) Shotguns with an equal split of Buckshot and Slugs (Best anti-personal weapon there is for Close Quarters)
    10) Grenade launchers With a load of Frag rounds, Smoke rounds and infrared illumination rounds.
    11) Handguns and Ammo (Light Pistols)
    12) Gas masks
    13) Flash Goggles
    14) Rocket launcher and rockets
    15) Infrared scopes

OOC: DAKKA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! What did I tell ya? Kid at Christmas, kid at Christmas.

John walks out carrying the gear, continuing Don't ask me how I know how to work all this. with a exited grin on his face.

Thank you sir, that's part one of my plan, part two, part two requires your men to enter the city again. A large scale infantry only assault has been proven not to work, so we're going smaller. We need small teams of your troops to filter into the city supported by mortar teams set up outside. They move in, take out enemy positions, use the building roofs to set up "firebases", and leapfrog around the city, causing chaos as they go. This should soften up the enemy positions. How is the request for armour going?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1049

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    She shrugs. “I’m human. But my mind was forcibly connected to the chaos web for while as a thrall, madness possessing me instead of me controlling it, using it. I died, which freed me from the web, and the Lords of Chaos brought me back.

She spreads her hands. “I’m suffused with Chaos. I heard the Lords whisper to me when all the others were running like chickens with their heads cut off.” The zombies mill around more, excited by the action. “Death was just the beginning for me.”

Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Pete creeps down the corridor, the eerie drip drip drip of water echoing around him.

He enters another round room, this one dark and claustrophobic, lit only by a band of luminescent panels around the circumference. In the center of the room is a spiral staircase. He hears an odd clinking, slithering sound for the briefest moment.

Roll notice.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Equipment and Armament:

Spoiler
    Show
    1) Tactical Vests
    2) A Heavy machine Gun
    3) Ammunition for said gun
    4) Flash-bangs for everyone
    5) Smoke Grenades for everyone
    6) Fragmentation Grenades for everyone
    7) Assault Rifles and Ammunition
    10) Grenade launchers With a load of Frag rounds
    11) Handguns and Ammo (Light Pistols)
    12) Gas masks
    13) Flash Goggles
    14) Rocket launcher and rockets

The lieutenant grins. “We’ve got tanks on the way. Choppers are in the air, so we’ll be mobile.”

Artaxerxes steps forward. “There is an issue with your battle plan. Those buildings are packed with soldiers, clearing them will take time and concentrated forces. They are well entrenched.”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-12-05 at 01:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "So....more or less, the same as me? You didn't really choose this life, some other guys chose it for you. I mean, you seem strangely ok with your mind getting jacked like that."
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2012-12-06 at 04:07 AM.