Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show
    "Tye. Right."

Well then, here he was. Tired, hungry, and beat up. At least he didn't have any injuries that seemed serious. Alright then, time to figure out his next move. Going home was definitely on the list, even if it was just to apologize for not being there for a little while. Then there was this person... Haj unfolded the paper, trying to get an idea of who he was looking for.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

You're accusing ME of killing my partner?

OOC: Who is Helen Walker?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-09 at 02:34 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

"I'm fine really. I wish they'd believe me, I need to examine that vision and them doing it is messing with my concentration. I can only do 3 things at once. Must be a delayed effect from all the 'studying'. Let's just find a good view of the stage."
    Gary smirks, both of them knowing he didn't study at all, his mind too good to need it. He takes both of them, leading towards a better position

"I hope the Flamers are good tonight. I don't want to screw this up with Danny because of a bad date. Hey where did Theo go? he is supposed to be here wooing Wendy so I can stop fanta- I mean, so she can be happy with a good boyfriend. Yes, that's the reason I did this..."

Italics mean thoughts
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-09 at 07:05 PM.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'd be able to make just like a 20 ft long wall in between me and them right? That'll be my standard action, then I'll hide as a move. (Hopefully the cover of the woods and it being night will be good enough, given my utter lack of stealth. )
    Stealth: (1d20)[9]

Adam is in awe at his new found power, reveling in the sensation as he feels control of the situation returning to him. He is for a fraction of a second at least, then he clenches his fists and goes to work, eager to dish out some payback. With a wave of his hands, a large wall suddenly erupts up of the ground, separating him and his attackers. With that done, he quickly darts behind some bushes and stays low to the ground.
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

5. - Top - End - #245

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:
    Spoiler
    Show

The note reads:

Told ya you loved this stuff =P

His name is Melvin, and you can find him wandering around Aria Plaza. I have some agents watching him and they can help you out, all you have to do is shout “Tye, help me!” =)

Have fun!

-Tye

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Well, I’m glad this means you don’t read other people’s spoiler stuff. She was the mother of another character, John doesn’t know her.

Clay glowers. “Suspected of doing so, yes. And we have an eyewitness report however that implicates you in the murder of an innocent woman.”

Necron:

She nods slowly as the group moves further into the crowd. Everyone seems to be having a great time, the Flamers are rocking and the lights are flashing. Theo drifts in and out of the crowd, he doesn’t seem to be enjoying himself too much.

In the midst of the final set, Gary finds himself pressed close to Danielle, who is hopping, screaming, and pushing against the crowd.

Wendy suddenly checks her watch. “It’s time!”

Over the river, in hues of green, red, and blue, fireworks pop and explode, reflecting off of the water. The crowd oohs and ahhs appreciatively, thinking it’s part of the show. Gary catches Danielle gazing at the fireworks in wonder, her eyes sparkling.

“The plan bears fruit. Now go get the girl!” Wendy says, prodding Gary gently towards Danielle.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The thugs stare at the wall in confusion, walking up to it and pressing their hands against it. For a brief instant, the sunglasses wearing thug passes by Adam, again reflecting his red eyes back at him with disturbing clarity.

Adam successfully hides behind some bushes in a tree. The thugs don’t even realize where he has hidden.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John eyes the police officers suspiciously and after some time thinking says, Fine, take me in.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

7. - Top - End - #247

Zombie

"I love you Wendy you're the best." Gary grins at her before moving up to Danielle.

"A perfect night with a perfect girl. Not a bad start to college. Ok that was cheesy still let's hope she goes for it. And if not there's always plan b: Wendy. Nah she knows me too well. let's focus on the woman in front of you you are about to Kiss stupid."
    He takes her hand, looking into her eyes before leaning in, capturing her lips with his own to a backdrop of fireworks.

Slowly pulling back, eyes twinkling "Is that strawberry I taste?"

Sorry everyone

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Next, I'll dismiss the wall and create a copy of myself behind the thugs and moving away, to put some more distance between me and them.

Adam grins smugly to himself, obviously pleased with his work. "Fanfreakingtastic. These idiots are so going down. And now, for my next trick...", he waves his hands once more, and the wall suddenly disappears as another Adam pops up behind the thugs, taunting them as he moves away.

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

9. - Top - End - #249

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin, huh? Well, perhaps he could find out what this Melvin guy was up to, then, that had him in the employ of a kidnapper. Sounded like some geek's name, but if he was working for that Vain dude...

Or, he could be in the same position as Haj. An unwilling soldier. Gah, that Tye dude was really starting to piss him off with all that stupid talk. Haj wasn't a violent guy. He'd never looked for a fight... Well, except for that one time. And that other time. Okay, so maybe he was a fighter. But he wasn't a soldier. And he wasn't doing some crazy old dude's dirty work.

He would like to see what Melvin's deal was, though. So, it was off to Aria plaza, after a stop at home for a new pair of jeans and sweatshirt. Tye might've healed him, but rips, burns, and blood didn't make him look very respectable. Or... Haj thought about the few crumpled bills in his wallet. He knew a thrift store on the way, he could pick up something new. Then he wouldn't have to explain things to his parent until he knew a little more.

10. - Top - End - #250

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Clay slaps cuffs on John’s wrists, two more officers flanking him.

“Come with me.”

Behind him, John hears Verda giggling to herself.

Necron:

Danielle smiles, a twinkle of malice in her eye. “No, that’d be failure.”

Before Gary can process this, a hand clamps on his shoulder, pulling him about to meet a devastating right hook.

Toughness save, DC 17

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show

The thugs snarl, chasing after the apparition and shooting at it as it dances among the trees.

Bladesmith:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hajime stops at the thrift store, flitting through the aisles finding some comfortable fitting clothes.

Notice check.

11. - Top - End - #251

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The nice part about thrift stores was that few people looked at you funny when you can in smelling of ozone. Well, at least fewer people then might otherwise look at you, and the ones that were looking for you might stand out more. Either way, all he needed was some jeans, and a hoodie, both of which were in abundance.

{OOC: Notice check: (1d20)[13]

12. - Top - End - #252

Zombie

(1d20)[6]

Curse my PL2 lack of saves.

"Ahh what the hell?" Gary exclaims, wheeling back from the sound smack of fist hitting face.
    He shakes his head, trying to clear it of stars
    "Ow that hurt like a motherf***er. What was that for you bastard? note to self, keep some senses on your surroundings at all times. Especially while kissing, dayum that hurt."
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-09 at 09:22 PM.

Sorry everyone

13. - Top - End - #253

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    In the mirror, Hajime can see the store’s clerk standing at the counter with his back to him, glowering at Hajime over his shoulder.

A low screaming sound begins as Hajime becomes entranced by the small bead of red running down from the corner of the clerk’s eye, slowly, slowly, until it slips off to splash on his white shirt.

The clerk’s mouth opens and the screaming grows louder, more blood running from his eyes, his mouth, his nose, his ears, louder, louder louder!

Hajime suddenly finds himself on the sidewalk in front of the store, in a different pair of clothes, the money in his pocket halfway depleted. Over his shoulder, there is a low hissing laughing.

Sssilllyyy boyyy… Weren’t you going ssommeewheree?”

Necron:

Gary is stunned and staggered.

Gary looks up at the man holding him loosely by the front of his shirt, an easy grin plastered on his face.

It’s Jack. Wendy is standing off to the side, her hands over her mouth, shock across her face. Jack smirks. “Stop kissing my girlfriend.” And slams his forehead into Gary’s face.

Another Toughness, same DC.

Vaguely, Gary can see Theo moving through the crowd, police officers behind him.

14. - Top - End - #254

Zombie

(don't attacks normally have an Attack roll first? Or are you secret-rolling and they end up as hits)

(1d20)[11]

Same as before

Gary flinches as another hit slams into his skull, a massive black eye already forming
    "May I point out you broke up today? Because you were cheating on her. And I offered her a ticket because she was distraught. Yeah, gotta remember to follow up on the other side's version of events rather than assuming from now on. Still, a couple of punches is nothing. I'd think brownie points if it weren't for that look the IceQueen gave me."

He tries to push back, the pain throbbing through his normally sharp mind to prevent him from turning things back against the thug. Even a simple sway out of the way too much, even standing is trouble if Jack wasn't holding him up

"Lets see, aggravate him, spend the night in hospital, highly unlikely for permanent damage considering what he already has done to me and the impeding arrival of security. Helloo college loan repayments. You cheated." Gary spits on the ground, a thick gob of blood. Talking verbosely despite the jock bearing down on him. "On her. She was distraught when she talked to me and I offered this night as a way of forgetting You and put behind the terrible start to college. What happened tonight is simply me finding her cute and trying to make an impression on a single girl whose previous boyfriend decided he needed a cheap lay on the side. Why aren't you off defending HER honor from a simple kiss under the fireworks?"

"What do you think crowd, am I a prick for stealing a kiss from a recently single girl after spending a night and a very expensive ticket to cheer her up? And even if I am, do I deserve a beating for it?"

Gary implores the crowd, trying to use that ploy to have someone end the fight quickly or bias their testimony to an even More favourable one. Not that it could get any better.

[roll]1d20+7[/roll] Diplomacy check to sway the crowds and hopefully get someone to break it up
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-09 at 10:14 PM.

Sorry everyone

15. - Top - End - #255

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Haj spun around, inborn instinct loosing several curse words, trained instinct moving him a step back from whoever was behind him, and a whole new instinct unsheathing razor sharp claws. Though, all in all, it would suck to ruin his new clothes. Still, not the issue. There was a creepy dude in the store, and he'd just been teleported. Or something. Plenty of reason to be suspicious.

16. - Top - End - #256

Zombie

(1d20+7)[27]

Forgot I was editting

EDIT: HOLY MOLY a Nat20!! Awesome.
    Pity it couldn't have been on 1 of the Toughness saves.
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-09 at 10:15 PM.

Sorry everyone

17. - Top - End - #257

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

There’s nothing there. Hajime is alone on the sidewalk. Looking inside the store, the Clerk is fine, happily chatting with a customer.

Presumptively, he’ll continue to his appointment at Aria Plaza?

Necron:

OOC: I make my own attack rolls, yes, and work them into the narration. If they hit, they hit, if they don’t, they don’t.

The few people paying attention murmur amongst themselves and a few start pulling Jack back when Theo strides up with the officers, diffusing the crowd. “That’s him!” He says, pointing.

The officers stride over and grab Gary, yanking his arms behind him to cuff him.

Jack pulls Danielle over to his side as Wendy looks at Theo in horror. “Go home, Wendy.” He says darkly. Tears slide down her face and she runs into the crowd.

The police drag Gary over to the edge of the crowd and roughly deposit him there, and Gary can hear one mutter, “Didn’t the idiot know you need a permit to set off fireworks of that magnitude? He’s in huge trouble.” They walk past Theo, who hands each a wad of cash. “Thank you officers, this will only take a minute.” He mutters to the nodding officers.

He stands in front of Gary, smiling softly. “Sometimes, it’s the little things in life. I’m sure you have questions, Gary. Please… the table is open.” He finishes with a callous gaze.

OOC, again: Now, curious question, do you think Gary is stressed?
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-09 at 10:46 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258

Zombie

(Note: Any legal stuff I mention is in Aussie, I haven't done any study on American law)

Gary looks at Theo for a long moment, gears seemingly turning in his head.
    Though that was simply a cover for turning on the Record function of his phone subtly
    "Not really, I can work most of it out. You did some questionable acts, both morally and ethically, you and Wendy stated as much earlier. Didn't tell me the whole plan but just enough so I can work the rest of it out so if they put me in a lie-detector or have a trained lie-spotter there will be enough discrepancies, especially considering you undoubtedly told them about my social manipulation skills.
    You told the cops about the fireworks, I can't rat you out without giving up Wendy who clearly had little to do with the set-up to get me.
    Danielle was in on it too? From the start or after I invited her? If before the crying give her my commendations on the acting.
    I bet Jack overplayed his part, I didn't get a hit in, and he is unharmed with a lot of witnesses.
    Still, not a perfect sting because of that. I don't go down for assault, have several character witnesses in the form of my sisters, Wendy and the crowd here. I can sue Jack for Battery. Can't get him for Assault though as it was a surprise attack. Your friendship is over with Wendy though, especially if I can talk to her.
    I bet I'm in for a long night in the cells but I have enough money saved up for the twin's birthday present to post bail in the morning as I am not a flight risk and setting off fireworks isn't a danger to society no matter how you spin it.

Gary smirks through his injuries
    "Not that this will stop me. As you said before 'Everything always works out in my favor'. I get to go to hospital for the injuries so no chance of you paying another guy to teach me a lesson before I can post bail. Hmm, unless those bribes you paid involve not letting me receive medical attention but then that can spin in my favor too.
    Oh, I'm sorry. You wanted to gloat about your master plan right? Rather than have me lay it out for you? Fine. Did I make any mistakes and why did you do it Theodore?"

EDIT: I can take a Slieght of Hand check if you want for the Recorder. Taking 10 for a 17 if that's enough, if not I'll roll
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-09 at 10:50 PM.

Sorry everyone

19. - Top - End - #259

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Theo shrugs. “You are still missing another piece, one which I have kept for a long time. You know, when we first met, I thought about just tearing you down then, but I decided to do this right. You’re my abschluss, my conclusion. Sure, the prison term is short, but pick the right place and even the toughest men can be broken.”

“Your first assumption is that I was ever friends with her. I was not. I pitied her, for you were too stupid to see what was in front of you, and I disliked your constant attempts to manipulate us into a relationship. You always thought you could change the people around you, make them dance to your strings. You were wrong. If you had cut the crap for one moment and sincerely asked her like a man, she would have said yes.” He glowers at Gary.

He doesn’t seem to notice the recorder. “Your second assumption is that this city knows justice. It doesn’t. Justice has been broken, and here there is only the rule of the strong, like myself. And the rule of the strong means the strong makes the rules.” He chuckles at the lame joke. “No, anything you can put up to save yourself I can match to crush you. My resources are just that much greater.”

He gestures towards the couple. “They were happy to help me bring you down. You do have a reputation you know. Did you think you didn’t have enemies here? At any rate, I care little what you do to them.”

Theo squats in front of Gary, idly picking at grass. “The missing piece? You assumed I was just some transfer student. Theodore Silbern doesn’t mean much here, but that is because my father, Gregori, paid a lot of people a lot of money to make it so. My father is one of the men who runs this city, and back in Germany the people who offend and displease him have a nasty habit of disappearing.”

He stands. “I am heir to the Silbern name, and as such the power I wield even now is delightful. So that is what you face, Gary Jesmond. I hold no mercy for you, the courts will not help you, the police are corrupt, even the woman who loves you has run away.”

He smiles. “What more do you have?”

Gary’s eyes suddenly sting, and the feeling of cold thick liquid invades his skull.

Yes, what more do you have?” joins another voice, the one from vision, with a self-satisfied snigger. “Oh, I remember: Everything.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Now I'll switch to Mental Blast, and hit one of them while staying hidden, whichever is closest I guess. There's 5 right?

Adam actually has to stifle a chuckle as his plan works perfectly. "Alright, now that I have these goons chasing their own tails, time to go on the offensive." Adam focuses for a moment, then fires a shot of psychic energy into the first man he sees.

21. - Top - End - #261

GreataxeFighterGuy

Entirely weirded out, and realizing that he might be a little more one edge then normal(though, considering what has happened, a little paranoia can be justified), Haj continues on his way to the plaza. Once there, he'll find a good place to not be noticed, then take a look for anyone who might be "wandering around" or "looking for a fight".

22. - Top - End - #262

Zombie

Italics without colour are mental commands

Gary simply smirks staring directly into Theo's eyes.
    "I have everything I need right here."

A quick mental thrust into Theo's mind is all it takes.
    Release me. Or pay off one of those Cops to release me. It's time we made some changes and you are just the minion to do it.

Sorry everyone

23. - Top - End - #263

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Your powers are linked – The illusions are the attacks.

What Adam thought was just a blast of mental energy appears as another illusion!

A grey snake with glowing yellow eyes wraps around the thugs neck, biting his face and crushing his throat. The thug drops to the ground with a gurgling cry.

Bladesmith:

The Plaza is bustling with people, as it is now closer to evening. Bright lights, sidewalks cafes, crowds of teens ogling the clothes, couples walking quietly amongst the fountains, everyone having a good evening. It seems all perfectly normal.

Notice check again.

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

Theo’s eyes glow blue for a split second.

“… Of course.” He pulls out his wallet and walks to the cops. “There’s been a mistake, release him, take all of the money and leave.”

The cops look at each other, look at the cash in the wallet, grin, and quickly release Gary from his restraints.

24. - Top - End - #264

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary rubs his wrists "Thank you Theo, was that so bad? Sorry for the mix up officers, there was a... miscommunication about the size and place of the fireworks. Now, did you happen to arrest the man who attacked me?"

Gary flicks out his phone, turning the Recorder off and calling Wendy "You have 5 minutes to get back here. I'm not being arrested. I'll explain when you get back here."
    "The things I do for that woman." Gary smiles to himself, making a note to examine his feelings for her in his mindscape. And consider if asking her out was viable.
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-09 at 11:47 PM.

Sorry everyone

25. - Top - End - #265

GreataxeFighterGuy

Attempting to look casual, Haj waits quietly in a shadowed corner as he scans the crowd.

{Notice: (1d20)[1]
    Stealth: (1d20+8)[18]}
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2012-10-09 at 11:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John follows Clay back to the station.

OOC: I have no Idea where to take this.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Awesome, I'll just attack another thug like that.

Adam gasps with delight at seeing his power manifest. "Friggin awesome! I'm even more badass than I thought. Now to get a bit more creative...", Adam muses to himself as he cracks his knuckles. Another gesture and the snake suddenly begins to grow to gargantuan proportions, as it also grows four large legs and a pair of leathery wings. The finished product is an terrifying dragon, which roars ferociously before showering the nearest thug in flames.

28. - Top - End - #268

OrcBarbarianGuy

Howdy everyone. I'm returning home today, so updates may be limited for a little while.

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

The officers nod and move to grab Jack, who loudly protests.

Wendy sniffles. “I’m… I’m sorry Gary. I didn’t know any of this would happen!”

Theo begins to frown. With a flash of alarm, Gary realizes that in his condition, he’s overtaxing his powers.

Roll a concentration check.

OOC: Basically put, when you’re staggered you can only take one action per turn. Mind control requires concentration as a standard action, and the command takes the move action. So that really just strained it, and Theo could break free if you fail the check.

Bladesmith:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hajime waits, but doesn’t see anything out of the ordinary. People milling about, going on about their normal lives, businessmen going to and fro, a man selling balloons, that one kid in glasses and a school uniform, who doesn’t look much older than Hajime, idly sitting on top of the large lion fountain statue drawing shapes in the air with small bursts of light-

Wait. What was that last part?

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

As they drag John towards the police cruiser, an eagle’s cry is heard loudly!

A giant metallic eagle, glimmering in the sunlight swoops down and knocks over the police while another grabs John and takes him to a nearby rooftop, where a woman in a fashionable business suit waits sitting on a folding chair checking her nails.

The eagle holding John accidently lets go too soon. Toughness, DC 15

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show

The dragon “roasts” another thug, who falls to the ground screaming. He’s injured and stunned, but still alive. The other’s have returned and begun shooting at the dragon.

One continues shooting, but the other two have discovered it’s only an illusion.

OOC: Crazy good will saves, unfortunately. You’ll need to create a new illusion to harm them, and they’ll get bonuses against it.

29. - Top - End - #269

Zombie

(1d20+2)[11]

"I know and I believe you. I am disappointed in you though, running at the first sign of trouble. You should know me better by know you've had over a decade and a half to figure it out. I can do anything.
    Though, I should mention that Theo may or may not be about to attack me. If he does then it's up to you to stop the police charging me for anything. They are corrupt and Theo has powerful connections but no bribe money on him. He spent it all on getting me arrested then unarrested. I'll explain later."

Sorry everyone

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John falls down screaming

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaahhhh

[/roll]1d20+4[roll]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show