New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

[Main Cabin]

"That's fine," Reelshka says to Maggie. "We do our best to help. Come to me after you're done eating, though."

Brinika, meanwhile, nods at Keo. "There is! I met an orc girl that is called Jefferies and she'll be visiting here with a lady named Missy. And there's a man named Justin who's friends with Tito and Lily's parents."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Main Cabin -> Kitchen

"Yee've never seen a hare eat, have yee?" Maggie says.

"Oh tosh, they can feed us just fine," Thel says, practically skipping his way to the kitchen. "What's your name lad? Never been so uncouth as to not learn who's feeding me."

Before entering the kitchen Maggie apologizes to Reelshka one more time. "Sorry to impose."

"And yee've never seen a halfling eat!"
    Tito says, copying her accent, but not in a mocking way, and pats his belly. He won't start developing a proper paunch until he stops growing, so it probably looks rather silly.

In the kitchen, he checks the oven and takes out two loaves of bread, leaving the rest in the oven a little longer to brown on top. "The big door there is the pantry, and the big white thing is a magic cold box called a refrigerator. Cheese and vegetables are in the pantry, and butter and milk and meats are in the cold box."
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-09-10 at 12:54 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #603
    Barbarian in the Playground

Main Cabin

"That's me," Justin says to Keo, raising his hand slightly. "I'm a man named Justin. Nice to meet you." He's still sitting on the floor, not having gotten up since Missy left.

Kitchen

"Hurr Hurr, fair 'nuff, lil feller," she says to Tito. "'Course molers is no strangers to big meals neither." The stocky mole-maid gives her own belly a nice pat.

"Pardon me." Thel says, grabbing a plate and making a beeline for the pantry. It's a short time before rustling and humming can be heard from inside. Seems he'll be in there for a bit.

Maggie merely takes a seat, waiting for Thelonious.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #604
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Hello, Justin'm! I'm Keo,m!"

She moves over and sniffs at him curiously.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen

Spoiler
    Show
    Kitchen

"Hurr Hurr, fair 'nuff, lil feller," she says to Tito. "'Course molers is no strangers to big meals neither." The stocky mole-maid gives her own belly a nice pat.

"Pardon me." Thel says, grabbing a plate and making a beeline for the pantry. It's a short time before rustling and humming can be heard from inside. Seems he'll be in there for a bit.

Maggie merely takes a seat, waiting for Thelonious.

While Thel is eating, Tito climbs up onto the stepstool and starts chopping the potatoes he had peeled earlier. "I never met a hare person or a mole person before," Tito says. "Are you going to stay here?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #606

Main Cabin

"Nice to meet you to Keo," Justin replies. He leans back a bit as Keo sniffs at him. "You live here too?"

Kitchen

"If'n Keo's anyfin ter go by, I spec we're quite the rarity in this country," she says combing her hair with big moley paws.

"Right shame for you folks. Hares through one heck of a party, bucko," Thelonious says, carrying a sizable pile of cheeses and vegetables on his plate. He shuts the door behind him with his foot paws.

"That all, Thel?" Maggie asks, the plate being quite empty for her old companion.

"You did complain so much about me eating them out of house and home, so I decided to take it slooooow. I can always come back for seconds. And thirds. And fourths if necessary. Oh and I do want some of that bread, right lovely."

"Uh-huh," Mag says unimpressed. "Well, we'm only plan to stay long as necessary. Just need a place ter rest our paws. Right kind of you'm all ter put us up."

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #607
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Cactus Border]

A thin, translucent woman walks up the cacti, paying them no mind, and gets ready to climb an hop over them, forgetting that she isn't solid, maybe?, when she takes notice of how numerous and regular they are; they must be a fence. She didn't remember them when she last came. Wonder how they grew so fast. Well, it is the Nexus, she thinks. Just look at yourself.

Anchor starts walking around the fence, towards the entrance and the main cabin, trying to remember. Had she been a member here, when she was fixing the machine? Must have been before she even went off to boarding school, that. Or maybe she was a patient, like the machine.

She keeps her eyes open for any official, GLoG looking people as she goes up.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2012-09-10 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Broken Keyboard causes so many typos.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen

"It's the way GLoG is," Tito says. "They take care of people who need help or have nowhere else to go. So since they took care of us, my family decided to stay here and be helpers and take care of other people. So we're the cooks. Mom and Dad and me mostly. My little sister is too young really to do much except play." Of course, so is Tito, but he is trying to grow up too fast.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #609

Kitchen

"Soundsh alot lik Rudwuhll," Thelonious says through a stuffed mouth.

"Don't talk with yee mouth full, Thel," Maggie chides. "But he'm be right, good chari'able, peace lovin' creatures, sharin' food and 'elp to any who ask. Green robes and big mousy ears, and this place would be a fine image of Redwall Abbey."

Thel gulps down a huge mouthful before speaking. "This place wouldn't happen to have some legendary weapon or tapestry or be founded by a wandering warrior would it? Be a bloomin' amazing coincidence."
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-09-10 at 10:19 PM.

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #610
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Thanks...

Zero manages to say as he struggles under weight of the bag and manages to drop down into his spot as well as gently set the bag down. He does look a little bit intimidated by all the food. All the same he starts to dig in.

How many places did you have to go to in order to get all this?
    [Lakeside - Picnic Brekky - Now With Extra Waffles!]

Hello!

"Just one place. They're normal clientele are giants. This is the average portion size there!"

Valaira giggles as Zero strains to manage the bag of foodstuffs! Giggles I tell you! She happily munches on a pancake and openly admires Zero's body.

"Do you like it?"

11. - Top - End - #611
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zero pauses after he finishes one of the many kinds of food and smiles warmly.

I love it.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Pixie in the Playground

"Good! Good."

Clarissa replies. She's wrestling with this whole "small talk" thing right about now. Staring out over the still lake, birds chirping, music playing, there's only one thing on her mind of which she can speak. Her eyes float from side to side before she decides that, while this is, in fact, a date, she need not steer clear of this topic in particular.

"So..."

"Did you know that plants scream when you pluck them from the ground? It is true! You just can't hear it because it is out of your range of hearing! Lucky that you can't sense fish in terror either! This whole campsite is waaaay noisier when you hear the plants and fish scream! Not that fish scream. They just..."

"Nevermind!"

Death is not appropriate for breakfast chatter, Clarissa has discovered!

13. - Top - End - #613

Clarissa?

Zero sort of stares for a moment. He has no idea what to say in response to the fact that the plants are screaming.

Uh... Yeah, I don't really know about screaming plants...

14. - Top - End - #614
    Pixie in the Playground

Derp! I utilize the same text color for Clarissa and Valaira because they're related in that they are two versions of the same being. Sometimes I get them mixed up. >.<

Anyhow...

"Um... Yeah..."

"I could educate you on screaming plants, if you want!"

No, Clarissa! No! This is why you don't have any friends and nobody loves you! Change the subject before it is too late! Change the subject!

"Cows cannot experience emotion. Goldfish don't have three second memory spans."

Ah-hah! Here we go!

"I'll be going shopping later. Do you want anything?"

15. - Top - End - #615

Zero loves her.

I'm not too picky. I don't really need too much. Though we might need to replace the stuff in my room.

16. - Top - End - #616

[Way down to GloG]

It has been some time since Andy was here at that place. The job he has now consumes much more time than he expected. He heads straith for the main Room, to see what may have changed.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen

Kitchen

"Soundsh alot lik Rudwuhll," Thelonious says through a stuffed mouth.

"Don't talk with yee mouth full, Thel," Maggie chides. "But he'm be right, good chari'able, peace lovin' creatures, sharin' food and 'elp to any who ask. Green robes and big mousy ears, and this place would be a fine image of Redwall Abbey."

Thel gulps down a huge mouthful before speaking. "This place wouldn't happen to have some legendary weapon or tapestry or be founded by a wandering warrior would it? Be a bloomin' amazing coincidence."
    Tito thinks a moment. "I don't know, sir. But if there is anything legendary around here, the person who would know is someone named Reinholdt. I don't know him really, but I've heard he's a Treasure Seeker Extra-Special. He looks like a grey cat sometimes, and sometimes he looks like a man with pink eyes."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #618

Kitchen

"I'll be sure to look him up before we leave," Thel says. He then proceeds to clean his plate.

"Keo and maybe this Reinerhot may'm be the closest to creatures from our country," Maggie speculates. "Strange we'm never seen folk like yee or the other small folk or the blue feller."

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen

"Where I came from, there are little folk like me and big folk like Justin. I only one time saw some elves, and there were stories about goblins and trolls and orcs. But I didn't meet any people like that until..."
    His voice trails off, as he remembers that his first experience with species diversity was in the slave caravan. "... until we left there. But there are lots of interesting people here. I met an orc for the first time today, but she left before you got here. And there's our friend Pathfinder who is a Wolfen, and Salix who is a dryad - that means she's part tree, and there are catpeople who look different to Keo because they have more skin and less fur. And Daddy has been into the city, and he says there are even more strange types of people there. Oh, and Miss Julie's babies don't look like anything I ever saw before."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #620
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lakeside - Picnic Brekky]

Yep! And he's the only one who does! Her evil counterpart is more lovable than Valaira is, thus far. But the poll isn't over yet! The race is on!

"True, true. I'll have some furniture shipped to us tonight. And a television. And a computer. Stuff like that. And then I'll purchase more clothes. And chocolate."

Chocolate? Chocolate. Chocolate!

Valaira would totally book it chasing after chocolate salespeople!

Speaking of clothes, I have two ex-slaves in GLoG that I should be posting for when I'm fully awake. Figure out what they've been up to and whatnot.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-09-11 at 08:44 AM.

21. - Top - End - #621

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Kitchen

"Where I came from, there are little folk like me and big folk like Justin. I only one time saw some elves, and there were stories about goblins and trolls and orcs. But I didn't meet any people like that until..."
    His voice trails off, as he remembers that his first experience with species diversity was in the slave caravan. "... until we left there. But there are lots of interesting people here. I met an orc for the first time today, but she left before you got here. And there's our friend Pathfinder who is a Wolfen, and Salix who is a dryad - that means she's part tree, and there are catpeople who look different to Keo because they have more skin and less fur. And Daddy has been into the city, and he says there are even more strange types of people there. Oh, and Miss Julie's babies don't look like anything I ever saw before."
    Kitchen

Thel and Maggie give each other aside glances. Well, Thelonius does anyway. Can't tell where Maggie's is looking with all that hair in the way. Being forced to leave your home behind is something Maggie knows all about, but it's not something to talk to a child about.

They continue the conversation easily enough. "Aye? More folk yee'll have to innerduce us to," Maggie says.

"I'm quite interested in these part plant people, myself." Thelonious gets up for seconds from the pantry. "Sounds right fascinating."

"

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #622

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

Yep! And he's the only one who does! Her evil counterpart is more lovable than Valaira is, thus far. But the poll isn't over yet! The race is on!

"True, true. I'll have some furniture shipped to us tonight. And a television. And a computer. Stuff like that. And then I'll purchase more clothes. And chocolate."

Chocolate? Chocolate. Chocolate!

Valaira would totally book it chasing after chocolate salespeople!

Speaking of clothes, I have two ex-slaves in GLoG that I should be posting for when I'm fully awake. Figure out what they've been up to and whatnot.
    Zero's eyes get really big. He can't believe Valaria said the holy word.

Chocolate?

He might then make an attempt to leap on Valaria in a a rather joyous way.

I love you.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen

Spoiler
    Show
    Kitchen

Thel and Maggie give each other aside glances. Well, Thelonius does anyway. Can't tell where Maggie's is looking with all that hair in the way. Being forced to leave your home behind is something Maggie knows all about, but it's not something to talk to a child about.

They continue the conversation easily enough. "Aye? More folk yee'll have to innerduce us to," Maggie says.

"I'm quite interested in these part plant people, myself." Thelonious gets up for seconds from the pantry. "Sounds right fascinating."

"

"Sure, let me get the bread out of the ovens and put the potatoes in, and I'll take you out to meet people,"
    Tito offers.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #624
    Pixie in the Playground

Valaira is excited by this new development! Zero leapt onto her! Joyously! Valaira's tails are wagging with enough enthusiasm to generate a light breeze!

"Hee hee! I think I'm going to kiss you now."

Valaira laughs, heart racing as she attempts to plant a kiss on Zero's lips.

25. - Top - End - #625

Lakeside Picnic

Zero doesn't say anything. He just responds to Valaria's kiss with a high degree of enthusiasm.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary with Kitty]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    A full psychic scan reveals... not a lot unfortunately. There doesn't seem to be anything influencing her mind at the moment, nor anything wrong with it.
    And what about the rest of her? Quinn's not just checking her mind, but seeing if she's caught the psychics!

[Lakeshore]
    Jamie's here. Wearing her little painter's beret and working on her latest masterpieceproject!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

27. - Top - End - #627
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Nice to meet you to Keo," Justin replies. He leans back a bit as Keo sniffs at him. "You live here too?"

"Yeah,r, I live in the forest,r, and I hunt things,r, and sometimes I help some of the people,r, or play with my friends,r! You're friends with Tito and Lily,r?"

Why does she put those rolling r's in her sentences?

Sometimes?

Lakeshore

Jasmine walks up behind Jamie. She looks like a cross between Quinn and Jamie.

Or maybe Jamie's clone a bit older than she is, or maybe a clone of Quinn in her late teens, depending on who's making the conclusion and what exactly Jasmine looks like at the time.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-09-11 at 03:21 PM.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

A clone of teen Quinn might be amusing considering teen Quinn is currently an active PC over on Enup...

...Jamie looks around and smiles when she spots her sort-of sister. "Oh, hey Jasmine! Whats up?"

Jasmine will notice the painting shows the lakeshore, with Jamie, Jasmine, Oddball, and two younger foxchildren sitting on a log fishing.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #629
    Orc in the Playground

Lakeshore

Oddball's here too, and when he sees Jasmine he goes to the other side of Jamie, keeping an eye on Jasmine the whole time. He still doesn't trust the DNA-morph.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #630
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeshore

"You're painting. A picture."

Jasmine is still getting used to being sapient; and she knows a lot of things that she doesn't really understand yet.

"What are... we... doing here?" She points at the images of herself and Jamie.