New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: One Piece Marines- IC

With an equally cheery smile, Egariian winked at the other ensign. "That's an enjoyable happenstance, actually. I'm glad I hadn't just made an error! Were you told anything else about the island?"
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Twist just shrugs as he walks. "Fine by me. I don't really care."

Whether he is talking to Amira or Tarin is hard to tell.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I was given the Captain's famous glare while she told me that I would not, under any circumstances, be going on the island. That count?"

Even that statement didn't break his smile. Was it an act?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

First post didn't show up...

5. - Top - End - #35

Amira laughed and shook her head. "There's something special about the island. Or there's something important about us not being on it. Or maybe it's entirely mundane and we've been ordered to map every island we run across, regardless of its importance, as to make sure the World Government's maps are completely adequate and up to date. I'm afraid that's not within the domain of knowledge I have, so I can't even begin to speculate with any degree of accuracy. But for now, we'll have to be happy to follow orders." She continued with Twist and, presumably, the chipper ensign to wherever Navigator Agar was taking his readings.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I have no idea which one it is." says the ensign in response, falling in step behind Amira.

You find the Navigator up by the helm, taking readings with several tools that you have not only no idea what they do, but also seem strange that he would consider tools. Tarin gets his attention and hands him the journal. The navigator looks at the two of you, sizing you up.

"You the recruits bein sent for my 'protection' on that island o'er thar?" the captain asks with a scowl.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"That would be us." Twist sighs with a rather heavy sigh. "Are you ready to get going? I just want to get this over with."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, as you can see, the islands still a good 'alf 'our or so out. Why don't you go get whatever gear you need for this 'ere trip and I'll see about finishing up these 'ere measurements."

OOC:
    Do either of you have anything you need to do before disembarking?

9. - Top - End - #39

Spoiler
    Show
    Um... no. I don't think so. Unless there's a chef who can make us buff food? *all eyes on Twist*

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't have feats for food buffs. Not high enough level anyways, though I suppose I should start getting the requirement feats.

"I suppose I ought to make boxed lunches. It's a pain and I doubt we will be on the island that long but I guess it would be best to keep our strength up. It shouldn't be dangerous but we still don't know what is out there."

Twist will head into the kitchen and use the ingredients there to prepare 3 boxed lunches.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twist's Lunch: (1d20+8)[19]
    Amira's Lunch: (1d20+8)[10]
    Agar's Lunch: (1d20+8)[16]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, we should plan on being on the island for at most two days. I for one would prefer to have food for both days."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Twist will return with two days worth of rations on him. He will hand Amira and Agar their share of the food. "This should be enough to last us."

13. - Top - End - #43

Amira nodded and tucked the food away into her pack, which presumably she had handy. "Thank you, Twist. Whenever the Navigator is prepared for our little cartographical mission, I believe my affairs are in order."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I have to finish these measurements, then get a couple things together and I'll be ready. I'll be ready by the time we get to the island."

On the island:
    The ship brings the 3 of you to a beach and drops you off. The beach you are standing on is approximately 100 feet wide, and goes back about 30 feet deep, where it meets the edge of the forest. There is a river snaking its way into the forest about 40 feet to your right. You can see the Madest take off, making its way to the other end of the island.

The navigator turns to the pair of you, and asks if either of you have any knowledge of natural areas. He is clearly out of his element, and looks like he hopes to let you lead the way.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Twist sighs. "I am more accustomed to living in the alleyways of cities than in jungles. Surely that must fall onto you than Ensign, or did the captain really send us into the wilds without an ounce of wilderness experience between the three of us?"
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-09-01 at 02:32 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Amira pulled a few gallons of water from the ocean, letting it surround her. It was always important to keep some on hand. "Our orders are to map the island, is it not? Navigator Agar, if you'd care to begin with the beach, we will continue inland as soon as you are ready. I will cut a path through the underbrush, and we will investigate the island for any signs of civilization. Barring that, we'll obtain landmarks and perform measurements, as befits an exploratory party. If there is anything in particular you are looking for, Navigator, I believe now is the time to tell us -- otherwise, we'll commence when you are prepared."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I've been investigating the origin of Devil Fruit for many years, and I think this may be the island they come from. That being said, you both know the power of Devil Fruit better than I, so be wary, if I'm right, this place holds a vast amount of power. We should be cautious." He looks back at the forest, wipes the sweat of his brow, and then pulls out a piece of parchment and starts drawing.
    "I'll follow your lead then, Ensign. Up the river, if you would be so kind."

OOC- Amira:
    Spoiler
    Show
    How many units would that be?

18. - Top - End - #48

Spoiler
    Show
    She can only control 3 at the moment, right? The max number of units possible.

Amira raised an eyebrow. This might be the island where devil fruit came from? No wonder it was so important now... securing this island, or calling a buster call on it if need be, could give the Marines a gigantic advantage. The greatest pirates of history, barring a few notable examples, had been so incredible due to their powers. If they could be controlled... the war against piracy would come to a decisive end.

"As you say, Navigator." She began to move along the river, using water whips to cut away the vines and undergrowth and allow the party to move unmolested by vegetation or animals. "If either of you should get thirsty, let me know -- I can purify the water."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Twist lets out a long drawn out whistle. "This is where devil fruit's came from? That might explain why there are two devil fruit users here. I wouldn't be surprised if the captain requested for a researcher to arrive here as well."

Twist will draw shadows from the forest to himself and surround himself in them. "Well, if the devil fruits came from here there is no telling what else might be here. We should be cautious."

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Shadow Cloak.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

The navigator replies to Twist with a twinkle in his eyes. "Now, just wouldn't that be grand."

The underbrush is thick, and resistant to your cutting with Water Whip. It still can done, but it takes a lot of time to move any kind of distance. You hear strange noises coming from further inland. Noises you've never heard before. Agar is constantly writing in his journal.

Everyone make Spot checks. Well, not Agar, he's distracted.

21. - Top - End - #51

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't even get to roll damage to see whether or not I can speed up the motion?

Spot is wisdom, and a secondary skill, so I have a +4 to it.

(1d20)[5] +4

Concentrating on cutting through the surprisingly and aggravatingly resilient undergrowth, Amira probably doesn't see whatever it is.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2012-09-02 at 11:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Twist wanted to say he meant more like the devil fruit experts they have at HQ but he does not clarify his statement. The Shadow-Shadow user keeps quiet and crouches down in the brush as they move. He tries to stay hidden from those not within the group with the shadows still covering him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide check (1d20+12)[26]
    Spot check [1d20+3[/roll]

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone seems to be too involved in their work to see anything. The brush continues to be aggravatingly resistant. However, it becomes unneccasary when after several hours of traveling in this manner, the river suddenly opens up into a large clearing with an absolutely huge lake in the center of it.

Agar stands next to the pair of you and looks at the lake, then back at the pair of you, then down to his notes, and begins to scribble furiously.

24. - Top - End - #54

Egariian nodded. "I believe that certainly counts as a landmark. Chef, have you seen any flora that might be edible?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"I could check, but why? The lunch boxes should be enough for now."
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-09-03 at 12:28 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

"If we are making a map, it would be pertinent to ascertain whether we would need to ship food supplies here, or if the local vegetation is conducive to consumption, no?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Twist sighs. "If we are going to build a base here wouldn't it make more sense to grow food than to forage for it? Less risk and greater chance of success that way. If you marines grow food, what does the local flora matter? I'm no navigator, but last I heard nutritional value is not necessary to map making."
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-09-03 at 12:23 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Amira narrowed her eyes. "So you aren't sure if the food here is edible or not, is what you're admitting."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Twist shrugs. "I haven't had a chance to look all that closely and I don't see why I should bother."

30. - Top - End - #60

"Because insubordination is an ugly word to have to write on a report. I don't want to fight with you on these sorts of things, Twist, but it's information that might be important." Amira wondered whether or not she could cover him in ice before he could react with his shadow powers. If so, force-feeding him the local flora would be far easier...