New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Perth II (IC)

1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Perth II (IC)

"Yup, as was I... without an ambush, they'd never show. Either guards on every ship - which this company couldn't afford - or catch 'em in the act, just once. I believe that is why you are here..."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

The shifts come and go. The other, younger, oarsman - who was asleep in the boat at the onset - takes the place of the older man every six hours. Rarely, the two of them steered together, but mostly one just slept.

A day passes on the dull journey, then a night. Finally, shortly after sunrise, the old man says with a drawl, "yep... we are coming up on the bend in about ten minutes, you may want to prepare and then hide about now."

The party complies - donning armor and drawing weapons of choice. Then, ducking under tarps, which shelter the many crates in case of rain, they find themselves out of sight. A few minutes pass before a voice calls out, "if you value your life, then steer to the shore - I know how to use this!" The boat slows before a scraping sound accompanied by some lurches indicate it had beached.

"A wise move - get the cargo!", the last words a command to henchmen unseen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, if you want to jump out now, or wait, let me know...

I still haven't heard from Leviathan or GBSD...

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    A little more than 24 hours, but hey. Let's get this show on the road. I suppose people would still be interested?

And, yeah, Evin's totally having an Elan moment. But it's for the sake of progressing the story.

Evin stays crouched below the tarps for approximately ten seconds, waiting for someone like the paladin or the cleric to take the lead... but it doesn't feel right. Oh, hell, I'm going to regret this. he thinks, as he jumps out.

"Not quite so fast, my friend" he interjects. He's got his rapier drawn.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman