New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

Usabhar thinks over the words and opinions that the others have on the Archmagister Prime. While it is an option, everyone seems to be against it. So the idea of leaving it be for now is the most preferable one. With that, the dwarf speaks up about the mentioning of trapping a world in isolation. "I should bring up the fact that the world root can in fact spread to other worlds somehow. If we were leave to root alone, we may not only risk the trapping of one world, but of multiple. It is almost like a virus in that sense." He lets that fact lie there, thinking that there is nothing else needed to be said.

He then feels that he has used enough of his spare time discussing. "I must be going now," he states with a lack of regret or conflicting thoughts. "I wish to visit the Azer now. I will meet you all at Emanacal when I am done and we can search for a planet we may plant this root that. Hopefully it will not take too long."

With that he turns to Rahja and gives a blisteringly accurate description of the Azer lands and their city that Usabhar usually meets them at. He also gives warning of the land in-between it and Kulomen, preferring not to end up in there unless absolutely needed. Afterward, he calmly asks, "That should be it. Are you ready to go?"

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja sighs, pinching her eyes and rubbing the bridge of her nose. "You are right, of course," she responds to Usabhar. Beginning to see potential sleepless nights (figuratively speaking) in her future.

Looking to the rather big dwarf, the healer nods, placing a hand on his shoulder and whisking them away, only to reappear at the entrance of the azer city.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Celestica and Wero:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No sooner do Usabhar and Rahja teleport off than you hear something... someone... moving behind you. Walking over from the general direction of the Frost Giant town emerges...

A broom. Two brooms, actually, with one tied to the other at a 90 degree angle to resemble a scarecrow. Attaches near the top of the upwards broom are two round glass eyes that create the appearance of raw idiocy. Hanging around it's "neck", however, is a sign that simply reads:

"You called?"

Usabhar and Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearing at the gates of Faiyurn, the volcanic mining complex that the Azers call their home, two things are immediately clear to the two of you. First of all, the azers still live, moving about with incredible speed. Secondly, the azers seem to be disassembling their own metallic homes and fortifications, carrying ingots and loose sheets along with them as they rush about.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2013-02-25 at 04:59 PM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

For a being that calls itself the Archmagister Prime, you certainly dont possess an imposing image The elf is being totally cheeky.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

5. - Top - End - #755
    Colossus in the Playground

Of course, such wanton disregard for any sense, formality or manners exists in a vacuum when it comes to this...creature. His only immediate response is to place a hand upon his face in consternation, and mutter under his breath. Godsdamnit.

He looks up at the scarecrow. Could you, y'know, go into your true form so we have a chance at pretending to take you seriously?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

6. - Top - End - #756

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar takes a stoic look of relief as he sees the gates of Faiyurn still standing. He had always known the azer to be a tough species, ones who had adapted to their lands similar to Sargti. Their mines held different kinds of minerals, ones that the great mountain of Kulomen could not be produced. The azer mines were more glorious in it's variety and value, even if the might of the azers did not match that of Sargti or even Il'Kanaen. Still, the azer are friends and allies to Usabhar and because of that, he has a right and responsibility to defend them.

Which is why he finds it worryingly odd when he happens to see the azer moving around frantically. The dis-assembly of their houses and homes made little sense to the dwarf. Their nomad-like lifestyle had been long gone; to see this occurring will be something Usabhar shall learn and see about trying to reverse it if he can discover the possible source.

The god of Sargti's people gives a quick look over to Rahja for the moment before beginning to walk into the city. The craggy rock and warm stone meant little to Usabhar despite rarely walking on such material. He waves over to a nearby azer and halts him. Though smaller than a human, Usabhar does stand around a foot taller than most dwarves, a tie to both the physical power he contains within him and authority power he holds in Sargti. "Young azer," he begins, both slightly ominous in voice and worryingly curious. "To what is happening to this city, as you and other deconstruct all you build? What has your great lord said that urges you all?" It was clear that Usabhar did not like the idea of leaving one's home behind, an idea he and all of Sargti shuns for a long time.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja silently watches the hectic azer as she follows behind Usabhar, listening to her own intuition and her Zen Spheres for the reason why they are deconstructing their own homes.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Celestica/Wero:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The broom, refusing to so much as bend, slowly swings around in a large circle with a few hops, forcing the sign around it to rotate with its motion and revealing a message on the back.

"Controlling broom remotely. Clairaudience in eyes."

Rahja/Usabhar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The few azers that listen to Usabhar, slowing to face him and rubbing their eyes, seem stressed and under-rested. "The once king is no longer." speaks one of them, looking furtively back to the sheet of metal it was just moving, "the king to come can protect us if we hurry, if we can beat the next wave."

Rahja can detect that their previous ruler is gone, that everyone worries of a new attack, and that they truly believe themselves to be safe if they complete their tasks.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2013-02-26 at 06:01 PM.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

9. - Top - End - #759

So let me get this straight. You rotated the Indigo Citadel and the direction of its gravity just to see what it would look like upside-down, but interplanetary teleportation is too difficult for you?

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja sends out a quick burst of energy to ease the plight of those nearby. Approaching one of the azer, Rahja lays a hand on his shoulder, unharmed by the flames, wiping away his fatigue and stress. "What happened here? Who threatens to attack you and who is the new king?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Mass Cure Light Wounds.

Diplomacy, take 10.

11. - Top - End - #761

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar stares blankly at the azer who speaks to him. Their own king had passes without his knowing. He thinks; was it due to the attack of the skies, or the simple passage of time that is alien to the dwarf? He can guess that it would be the former; the loss of a king by age or illness wouldn't cause such an incredible panic. As it is a problem concerning his allies, Usabhar wouldn't simply back out from helping the azer.

However he finds Rahja speaking in first, both comforting and relieving the azer of their current stress. The dwarf would have preferred to let himself speak instead, but he lacks the abilities that the aasimar has. Instead he calmly speaks up to the azer after Rahja talks, supporting her questions. "Azer, relax. You are overworking past your body's limits." The degree of work that the azer do are of no strain to the dwarf if he were to assist in their place. "Do answer my friend. Did the attack from the skies befall the death of your old king?" Usabhar will want to speak with this new king, for he finds something of misfortune about it.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Wero/Celestica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The broom spins back around, flipping the sign back over but revealing a third message.

"Multitasking. Is this a social call?"

Rahja/Usabhar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Azers finally calm with Rahja's spell, responding to your questions in ease. "Aye, our king fell to the sludge that leaked from the skies. We would be dead if not for the Mithral king. He is helping us, teaching us to build new defenders before he passes on."

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica silently chides herself for speaking to a broom, but powerful mages are usually a bit cracked in the head anyway. So she might as well deal with it.
    We are currently investigating a potential threat to the entire multiverse, and possible methods to counteract it. In the course of such methods, it might be neccessary to destroy something that can regenerate itself faster than Lord Wero can damage it, and might even be neccessary to destroy an entire planet. Do you possess the means to do such?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

14. - Top - End - #764

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar nods in an almost jarringly calm fashion to the azer's questions. The idea that their king fell to the skies did not come as a surprise to the dwarf. He's fought the icky beings and their might; if gods have fallen, only kingdoms of incredible strength like Sargti could survive, much less thrive in the wake of it. Yet the moving of the azer seems pointless, almost ruining.

Usabhar responds bluntly to the azer, "Can you point us to the Mithral King? I see little point in this dismantling you are doing and would like to hear his reasoning on it." If the skies have caused this to the azer, he only wonders at the safety of other lands on Wesslorne. The giants will at least check up on the human tradespeople, so hopefully he will get a response from there in time.

15. - Top - End - #765

Put simply, we're looking to create an explosion of truly apocalyptic proportions. It would be such a shame if we were to perform such a task and you weren't present to enjoy it.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Celestica/Wero:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The broom pauses in place at Wero's words as if deep in thought. At last, the message on the broom's sign simply fades off, replacing itself with another one.

"Put me in charge of the explosion and you've got a deal."

Usabhar/Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The azers gladly lead you through their tunnels towards the Mithral King, eventually emerging in a large chamber playing host to a skeleton of a colossal winged quadruped made of steel. Watching the progress of the other azers impassively stands, surely enough, a humanoid figure that seems to be made of Mithral. No larger than a gnome, the figure only even seems to notice your presence when the other workers are distracted by your presence. Blinking thoughtlessly in your direction, the figure speaks. "Ah. Visitors. Welcome."

Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are not picking up any degree of consciousness from this "Mithral King"

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

"Greetings," Rahja answers with a customary slight bow. She can't help but incline her head a bit. "Odd. Do we happen to speak to a proxy?"

18. - Top - End - #768

Hmm, I suppose. On one condition. He leans closer, staring down the clairvoyance eyes. We need a guarantee that no trace of this plant, once exploded, will remain alive. Barring anything we may or may not purposefully remove from it for that purpose. Is this possible?

19. - Top - End - #769

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar takes little heed in the rather hugely designed room as he and Rahja enter to meet the Mithral King. As usual, he prefers the simplicity and pragmatic designs of Sargti, which is why the senate room of his own kingdom comes off much less "majestic" compared to this and the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse. He had also not expected the Mithral King to actually be made of mithral. Such constructions are usually made for golems, creatures that don't generally have sentience. Considering that he is, Usabhar should respect the king's fighting skills... if he has any that is.

He is about to speak when Rahja interrupts him again, this time at the mentioning of a proxy. When he thinks of it, he could have guessed that something made of pure metal could be controlled by a powerful mind. He'll make the mention of it in a moment. First he walks forward to the Mithral King and speaks in blunt caution. "I am Usabhar of the dwarven kingdom of Sargti. I presume that the azer have discussed about me."

He looks back to Rahja for a moment before speaking up to the Mithral King about what she discovered. "My ally has mentioned about this figure of yours being a proxy. Before I bring in matters of the azer, I ask you to appear as you really are rather than this golem I see before me." His asking, if not demand to the Mithral King may come off as arrogant or selfish, but Usabhar asks to bring future trust to the Mithral King... though the dwarf can't help but get the feeling that the azer may be sacrificing too much from trusting this new king.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rahja/Usabhar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I am the Mithral King," speaks the automaton authoritatively, "You are Usabhar, leader of the dwarves. Bold. Tenacious. Stalwart. How might we help you today, Usabhar and skeptic female?"

Wero/Celestica:
    Spoiler
    Show

Deal. When it's time, ring a little bell.

With that, the sign and the brooms erupt into indigo flames that quickly burn out.

21. - Top - End - #771

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar eyes the mithral being carefully as it ignores the question in regards to it being a proxy. He didn't quite understand it whether it might actually be hearing Usabhar correctly or if it detects through some other method. Regardless, Usabhar has come for a reason and he will speak out to the Mithral King. "I have come in regards about the azer," he begins, speaking in authority but not completely in the greatest respect. Usabhar is very cautious of the Mithral King.

"I have been their allies for a long time, in these lands they now pick apart. As their trusted ally and one who wishes to protect them, I ask why they do this. One states that they do it to build new Defenders, but what does that mean exactly? Their homes already fit in well with defense, even if they do not match my own. I see them overwork and tire themselves to dismantle what they know and live. What is it that they build that you believe will protect them? How will this improve their society and culture?" The dwarf speaks to challenge the Mithral King's views. Usabhar wants nothing more than for the azer to be happy and satisfied; he finds that this plan of the king's may not lead to it.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

I know better than to ask you if you trust him, because I dont even trust him and Im a lot more trusting than you.
    But do you believe him? He seemed quite flippant about his answer, Im not sure if he understands just how resilient this root is. And do you believe he will do what he says he will. We put a plan into place and execute it to the last step and then he suddenly starts studying the mating pattern of penguins or something and cant be bothered with us.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja says her name in response, but lets Usabhar talk for now.

24. - Top - End - #774

Lord Wero doesn't seem at all estranged by the thing being devoured by the violet flames. He's seen his spellcasting enough times, against the High Lord's will, to recognize that purple aura anywhere. Afterwards he glowers at Celestica. Appearing more than a little angry. You know full well what I am capable of, and yet you persist. You continually abuse my patience, taking it for granted as if you are invulnerable to my wrath. I know you are not, and you know it too. So WHY do you insist on speaking my name?!

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Could we just focus on the real issues here?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #776

It is a real issue that, for your sake, should be addressed sooner rather than later. For now, I propose you pause to consider WHY I would forbid the action of speaking my name to such a degree that I have before you demonstrate any more of your wanton disregard for personal safety.

I think we can count on him to perform as we expect, and if he cannot destroy the plant, nothing can, though I do not expect him to be prompt, or to have any regard for my safety. Avoid causing any bells to be rung for this reason.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rahja/Usabhar:The mithral king pauses as if processing what you have said.

"Defense is of ultimate importance. Focusing on culture and homes before defense is like ... ... ... ... ... constructing the FEASTHALL OF SARGTI before constructing its OUTER WALLS. The caves will provide sufficient shelter until defense is achieved. Until defense is achieved, other considerations are secondary. Azer work on the defender is nearing completion. I shall perform the rest while they sleep."
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2013-03-04 at 11:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

"I cannot claim much familiarity with this world, having been here for just a few minutes. I don't see change for the worse, just change that is sudden. Simply as a curious outsider, the questions of where you came from, why you are here and what you are building defenses against do interest me, Mithral King."

29. - Top - End - #779

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar slowly turns to look blankly at Rahja when she speaks up to the Mithral King. Her questions are something Usabhar was about to ask before being cut off. It is a small annoyance even if the dwarf would have preferred to let the situation be dealt with by himself. With the question asked however, Usabhar cannot help but continue and reinforce the question towards the Mithral King.

As usual, the dwarf seeks to challenge and understand the views of this new ruler. "Your comparison with my own kingdom is an attempt, but you should not forget that homes may be the same as defense. In Sargti we built both the walls and our feasthall and homes at the same time without sacrificing one for the other. Our benefits of culture and proper housing bolsters our morale to enlighten our combat prowess. I have no doubt that the same could matter for the azer." He pauses, letting his words sink in before continuing. "And as she has said, I would also like to know why you choose to rule in place of the old king and what you seek to defend against. If you plan to guard against that which come from the skies, exactly what defender do you think will guard you and the azer?"

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rahja/Usabhar: Again, the mithral king stands there considering your many questions.

"Those from the sky decimated these people, proving their homes insufficient. I arrived and slew great numbers before the rest retreated. I understand your discomfort and I wish to abdicate. With defenses destroyed, the chieftain slain, and not knowing if more cracks will form, I have an... obligation. They accept me while I build a replacement to defend them."

"Defense is of paramount importance. Unless you possess any questions exceeding the relevance of security and safety, I must ask to resume my duties"