New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

"Korshim is "sleeping". I speak for the boiler man," speaks "Korshim", looking around the room, "and unlike yourself, reviving the Sidereals is my first priority. I have been trusted with knowledge regarding the world root, including where to find its fruit, knowledge I belief you were lacking. Unlike yourself, I still have a part to play in the events to come, as does the ally you were about to torture. Or had you so quickly forgotten that her life holds the world together, that she is holding a plane intact?"
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

2. - Top - End - #872
    Colossus in the Playground

If it is your first priority, you would not rig it with programming to try and kill me. I assume you have some intelligence. That body isn't capable of threatening me. Why have the distraction? For what purpose do you plot my downfall?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

Instinctually, Rahja moves slightly in front of her soul mate, a hand on Celestica's shoulder, fierce determination on the healer's features. She won't let her love come to harm, no matter what, Wero be damned. Witch piercing eyes, she watches the exchange, but if there is only even the slightest hint of physical violence directed towards Celestica, both of them disappear in an instant.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I am not the one to say why you were hand-chosen for destruction or to question our methods, though I trust they serve some greater purpose. Just from one minute of listening, however, it sounds like even your allies could list plenty of reasons"

Turning to Usabhar, Celestica, and Rahja (with a small nod back to Nasiri), "Korshim" continues speaking to them, "As you have heard, it is the dragon that we possess a quarrel with, not any of you. As you've been working alongside that monster, I don't doubt that you have viewed my master as an enemy if you have thought of him at all. With that said, I possess information you can benefit from and I refuse to associate myself with that monster, a dragon who seems to conflict with your basic beliefs and who has just threatened one of you with gruesome and protracted death. I suggest we get to work and leave the dragon to simmer. If you are lucky, he will be more reasonable by the time you return... if you choose to return."
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja considers the situation for a moment, having the choice between a tyrant, an unknown factor and striking out on their own. "My priorities are Celestica's well-being and preserving the multiverse. I'd like it if arguments are put aside so we can ensure continued existance for everything, but I can't ignore threats made against my soul mate." She looks back at Celestica, a thumb caressing the shoulder she touches. "Whatever your decision, I am with you."

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica looks to the dragon, to Rahja, to Usabhar, to Wero, back to Rahja and finally back to the dragon.

If you truly possess information that will help our quest, we would be remiss to not seek it out. She looks at Rahja. I know you will come with me, and you Usabhar, you are welcome to come with us or find another angle to work on with the High Lord. Obviously, her anger has passed enough for her to remember not to refer to him by his name, or she thinks she made her point the first time.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja nods with a smile. Turning to the others, she simply says "Then that is what we will do."

8. - Top - End - #878

I've heard enough! The dragon loudly exclaims, his words dripping with rage. You and your master will cease and desist in your ill-conceived attempts on my life, or you will know first-hand just how "gruesome" and "protracted" your deaths can be. Your Master asks the impossible, I cannot be killed. I control life and death. I control everything that is and ever was! I am not, nor have I ever been your monster! You do not control me! As the High Lord's rantings become more and more ridiculous, one has to question whether he's trying to convince anyone of something or if he's trying to convince himself.

He then turns his raving fury to Celestica, eyes wild. You think I don't know you've been manipulating me from the very beginning? It's what you've always wanted isn't it? Your own pet Tyrant kept on a leash. Let me make one thing and one thing clear. He points at the elf vindictively I. Am. Not. Your. Slave. Celestica. With that note, he vanishes in an uncharacteristically violent flash of indigo light, but not before uttering something Celestica has absolutely no recollection of the High Lord ever saying, ever. Not even in the third person. A name. It was always titles, platitudes, and brief descriptions. He has never uttered anyone's name to her recollection until now. Regardless of how wild and bizarre his accusations are, this is quite possibly a very big thing.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar had not expected a sudden shift in mood and tone from Celestica, much less Korshim. When the conversation changed, he stays silent for the time, pondering the newfound events and what else has come of it. What he had planned is simply to discuss with Wero and let him understand about the ideas and beliefs they had. With this twist of events however, he is a High Lord short from continuing and "Korshim's" apparent knowledge adds a new opportunity. He would prefer to be on his own had Rahja and Celestica not agree with him. In that case Usabhar has no reason to decline, if only to help keep the aasimar and elf guarded.

"I will come with you two as well," he says to Rahja and Celestica. "I see no reason in staying here for the time being and may return when reason has returned to the kingdom." He looks over to Nasiri, stunned in a blind gaze at Korshim. It is one thing for a clockwork dragon to have rogue programming; it is another for his consciousness and speech to be controlled. She blinks several times before looking to Usabhar and responding to him. Her words speak with a bit of worry in a poor attempt to look calm. "...And lemme guess... You'll state that I have no reason to stay either." She makes a sigh. "Alright, fine. I suppose Korshim will come too... Will the Prince be alright with that?"

10. - Top - End - #880

Sensing another presence, Nasiri makes a quick glance back, and sure enough there is the aforementioned Prince, standing there with a staff in his hand and a positively stunned look on his face, his mouth hanging open in utter shock and wildly glancing at the individuals scattered throughout the room, as though expecting some answer. I...uhh....finished...the staff....is this a bad time? I can come back later.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja's stance eases once Wero disappears, though her hand remains on Celestica's shoulder. Turning towards the prince, the usual serene expression has returned to her features, gently shaking her head. "No, it's fine. Thank you very much for your efforts." She gives a beautiful smile, glad to have the means to help Celestica stabilize the planes.

Afterwards, she turns to the entity speaking through Korshim. "Do you happen to know how to apply one of the worldroot's rarer fruit to a sidereal?"

12. - Top - End - #882

SwashbucklerGuy

While Usabhar only makes a passing glance over to Zurkar, Nasiri gives him a welcome bow to the prince despite returning to a rather casual tone. "Good day to you Prince. Korshim is... in a state I cannot describe. However we are about to take off to planting the world root. Would you like to come? More is always better." She makes a quick look to Usabhar for a sight of approval. The dwarf gives no obvious response but seems that he has no bout of distaste for the idea. Nasiri on the other hand partially wants Zurkar along to keep an eye and maybe explain something about Korshim's current state.

13. - Top - End - #883

Uhh...sure. He confirms with Nasiri, still in an awkward state. I...don't know what a "world root" is but...I guess if it heals Sidereals...Please, just call me Zurkar though. He looks to Korshim, or rather the being occupying Korshim's body, approaching carefully. Hey uhh...look. You did what you needed to do, now would you please leave Korshim's body?

14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica has always liked Prince Zurkur and she has no objection to him coming along on this mission.

Truth be told, Prince, we really dont know what a world root is either. We have a few ideas about what it might do, but its guesswork for us as well.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

15. - Top - End - #885
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Korshim" looks at out at Zurkar and freezes his glare upon the younger dragon for a couple seconds, its expression unreadable. At last, Korshim assumes a more passive posture, looking up as Celestica, "If you would recall, I do believe the High Lord was alluding to the solution before the argument started. Simply soaking the crystalline structures that staff should lead us to in the juice of the fruit may result in the desired phenomena."
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2013-03-29 at 07:17 PM.

16. - Top - End - #886

So...soaking the staff in the world root's...fruit juice turns this staff into something that can revive Sidereals?

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

I think he said the staff will lead us to crystalline structures which in turn must be soaked in world root fruit juices and then those structures used to revive them. But, we're all sort of stumbling around in the dark on this.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

18. - Top - End - #888

Well...do you have any idea what that means? Didn't somebody mention some crystal thingie you were able to restore when you went to Byopia?

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

There was a crystal on Bytopia, when we cast the spell for the first time...that was the spell that tied me to Bytopia. By the way, Im now tied to the part of this plane that the Azers are in. If this staff can lead us to them, we can then start using them.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #890

Azers? I thought the Inner Planes were already destroyed. Huh. Guess they're the luckiest creatures to be alive...no no no. Shouldn't joke at their expense. He hands Celestica the staff. It appears to be an ordinary branch of wood, however magical scans can reveal its enchantments.

Given that you need to use it twice for it to work once, I should stay with you. As soon as you use it the 25th time, poof. The Prince conjures a puff of smoke for emphasis Gone. I can make more, but you'll have to use it in one minute or it goes away too.

Actually no. Sorry I was mistaken. You only need to use one of the spells so that's 50 times.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

"Let us go to the frost giants and tell them we are ready. Do keep in mind that if you want to come to Solterra itself, you will need to be able to survive without a breathable atmosphere, endure the temperatures and have a rapid means of flight and teleportation. I can provide the second to you as well as the teleportation, if you stay close to me, and I can carry Celestica, but the rest I unfortunately cannot help you with." Rahja offers her free arm for the others to touch, whisking them away to the frost giant druid they have been speaking to earlier on.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Umm, the no-breathable-atmosphere bit is a problem for me....
    #GoreMutualarejerks

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

"Hence the explanation." Rahja stops for a moment, considering. "Actually, Haven might have a few Bottles of Air I could borrow. I just need to know how many we need."

24. - Top - End - #894

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar looks to Zurkar as the latter mentions about the Azer. The dwarf considers whether or not to tell the prince about the Azer which are Usabhar's allies. In the end he decided against it; speaking about such in this capital almost feels like breaking a taboo at this point. Instead Usabhar plainly responds to Zurkar. "I can tell you about the Azer later but it would be best not to go off-track like we have before."

With the mentioning of Solterra lacking a breathable atmosphere, Usabhar calmly raises a hand and states, 'I will be fine with a lack of a breathable atmosphere. Such a need does not require myself to function." He gives a quick look over to Nasiri and Zurkar with a more unfortunate look. "However Nasiri lacks the same ability." The couatl looks away silently in response. "In this case we will need one for Nasiri, Celestica... and what about yourself, Prince Zurkar?" The dwarf has no outstanding, immediate opinion on the prince. For now it will be about getting to understand him and the differences from his father.

25. - Top - End - #895

Oh, don't worry about me. He says, extending a hand, a grid of white magical energy coalescing around his hand, a pulsating net of perfectly parralel and perpendicular lines eventually ending in a faint bubble surrounding the Prince.

I'm covered. Now then... he replies I finished the staff as these two were leaving my workshop so i'd figure they would run into my Father, so I followed them. Long story short I heard your whole...conversation. Can someone explain to me WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?! His shock at the situation returning with a vengeance.

Spoiler
    Show
    He uses Wondercraft to create a scroll of Air Breathing, casting it on himself.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Your father and I had a difference of opinion socially and politically. Compounded with a few disagreements we had just had in the past, I reacted badly to his opinions, he reacted badly to my bad reaction and it sort of went downhill from there. He also took objection to some entity possessing Korshim
    #GoreMutualarejerks

27. - Top - End - #897

But you two have differences all the time. This was different. I mean...he called you by your name! He doesn't do that.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica sighs.
    Ive never really fully understood your father. I thought I knew more about him, but what he said set me off and then what I said set him off. Perhaps its the pressure of this threat. Perhaps its the way this threat seems to be aimed particularily at him, and he sees his very constructs being turned against him.

Or maybe there was something wrong with the cake
    #GoreMutualarejerks

29. - Top - End - #899

Now it's the Prince's turn to sigh. I thought you were aware of the Empire's genocidal tendencies. It's funny, really. Yesterday I would have told you the wealth saved and lives preserved through orc attacks, just as an example that would otherwise have happened do far more net economic and social good than net economic and social loss. Now...i'm not so sure I could make that argument. I mean it's immeasurable, and who am I to make such a claim? So I won't.

Regardless, I know it's wierd to think this but I think he's scared. Don't ask me why, but I seriously think he's scared.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Titan in the Playground

"I hardly know the Empire or its Lord, I mean no harm by saying this, but it feels to me like is afraid of attachments and... feeling powerless. At least that is what I get from keeping a distance to everyone, even himself in a way, by refering to and inhabiting personas. Something contradicting the nigh invincible image he built for his role and that he aspires to, taking away control, threatening what he holds dear..." Rahja just slightly shakes her head, not needing to further allude to the consequences. She could be entirely wrong, of course. But it just feels more and more like the High Lord and Wero are two different people, in a way. She has seen things like that before. She has also seen how the children of those people suffer because of it, even if the parents have only their best in mind.

"When you feel ready, I will bring you to the giants and then see if we have a few Bottles to spare."
    Last edited by Ridai; 2013-03-30 at 06:51 PM.