New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

Though Rahja's body is immune to any kind of fatigue, she still looks winded in a way. "We healed the sidereals of Bytopia and Carceri. Four more fruit have been given into Hanali Celanil's care for safekeeping, one is... guarded by Wero at his insistance. How is the situation, is there something else we can do?" Though weary (and nearly out of spells for the day), Rahja walks up to Ehlonna's side and, perhaps boldly, touches the hand of the greater goddess, soon sending her strongest healing spell through her (and two ohters who seem to need it the most) in hopes of easing her plight. She also casts her remaining two uses on six other gods who seem to need her help the most (if she can even really do something).

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting her epic spell

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

After a time taking a little longer than it should have, Usabhar finds himself back at the Meeting Grounds. He notes the frenzy of activity and rush performed by everyone here. He still cannot believe how fiends and celestials work together for this. Despite the teamwork and the gods' activity, the dwarf looks on at it grimly. He knew this all could have been avoided already if they had listened to him... and if he had acted on his thoughts when he did. It is good to help save planes when they are at risk, but he can tell that the time it took had only put many more in a vulnerable state.

Without a greeting, Usabhar walks to where Nasiri, Rahja, and Celestica are. Unlike Rahja, he comes off as not winded at all, a trait shared by his kin. He hides his slight look of disapproval with a glimpse of respect for the gods now that they react to events. "How chaotic," the dwarf darkly states. "A day passes and things worsen by the minute." He looks up to Ehlonna as he asks, "I presume that another assault by our foes has been made, is it not?" The more time Usabhar stays here to view the situation, the lower he expects the chance of victory. A grim idea but one the dwarf has known for a long time.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2013-06-30 at 11:22 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Chaos is the natural order of things. Without chaos, there is no growth. Without chaos, there is no fun. Without fun, life has no point
    #GoreMutualarejerks

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Emanical:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The foreman leading the construction speaks up rather quickly as someone else runs off to grab the cook and construction stops, "My Lord, I gravely apologize for my mistake. I promise our only intention was to serve... well... you. Even with only rumors to go by, we feared what may happen should two of you return to only one throne. We'll dismantle it right away, My Lord."

An elderly chief is pushed into the room shortly afterwards, calling out behind you, "but... I'm telling you... I'm not lying. Oh, My Lord. Um... where is...?"

The Meeting Grounds:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ehlonna continues smiling as she listens to you and Rahja's spell causes the muscles of several deities to loosen as vigor returns to their body. As the nature deity speaks, however, her face does grow more serious.

"No new cracks or creatures, if that's what you mean. If you refer to the deaths of the sidereals, however, things of that sort have been happening constantly. Cities are vanishing, the slaadi are organizing, planes are bleeding into one another and demons risk winning the blood war while devils help fix the multiverse around them. New calamities are ever starting. We do all we can and gather those who listen where they can help."

Looking among you, Ehlonna quickly follows

"It is for this reason that we are so thankful for our mortal followers, thousands of beings willing to defend all of these worlds. No matter how things must feel, do not burden yourself with the thought that you are alone. The looming death of those planes were the greatest threat and no hero can fight forever. I would advise you to rest while you can. You have certainly earned it."
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post
    Emanical:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The foreman leading the construction speaks up rather quickly as someone else runs off to grab the cook and construction stops, "My Lord, I gravely apologize for my mistake. I promise our only intention was to serve... well... you. Even with only rumors to go by, we feared what may happen should two of you return to only one throne. We'll dismantle it right away, My Lord."

An elderly chief is pushed into the room shortly afterwards, calling out behind you, "but... I'm telling you... I'm not lying. Oh, My Lord. Um... where is...?"
    Emanacal

The High Lord glares dispassionately on the Foreman. Certainly pleased with his zeal and initiative but similtaneously annoyed by him having access to the influence and resources to commission something as expensive as a second Indigo Throne. He hides it well, having hundreds of years of experience. Yes. Do have it dismantled. Immediately.

The High Lord turns to the cook being brought in. Truth be told he has no intention of making him suffer for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and witnessing something he probably should not have. I understand you bore witness to me and my apparent double. The way he says it is more intended to put the cook at ease than anything resembling imminent wrath. In as much detail as you can, tell me what you saw.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja sighs. "Sometimes, I wish my powers weren't tied to spells. I'll return once I am back at full capacity." She bows, briefly turning to Usabhar. "If you'd like to go somewhere, paragon, I can bring you there before I retire for the day." She does as she says, before teleporting away to rest (read: not cast spells for 8 hours), taking her soulmate with her if she wants.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stupid per-day-mechanics breaking down with people who don't actually get tired or need to sleep. *grumblegrumble* I need ToB-style spells. Call it the sublime combat healer. Maybe I should try and horribly fail with homebrewing something up

Since Rahja needs to recharge her spells () Usabhar probably still has stuff to do in the meantime.

7. - Top - End - #1117

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar listens to Ehlonna, hearing how the situation has turned while the group was gone. Hearing how things worsen feels like old news to the dwarf. He had expected this to occur with the gods being so passive at first. With planes bleeding and the tide of the blood war stemming, it does feel like the multiverse is collapsing around them all. To Usabhar, resting does not feel like his job as of now. There is something bigger to accomplish, something everyone else could do if they understood. Yet they do not, or deserve not to. Usabhar seems like the only one who thinks it has to be done and in his own mind, he knows he is right.

So when Rahja offers him to teleport, the dwarf gratefully nods in his own, gruff way. "I would appreciate that. For too long have I been... reactive to this threat. However I ask you not waste it on myself. I will be making my way with the assistance of someone else." He looks to Nasiri, a grim, cold stare echoes to the couatl. Nasiri could almost give a audible gulp as she recognizes that look. "Nasiri. Take me to The Crossroads. I cannot bring everyone there, but I shall manage by myself during the time I am there." Nasiri says nothing for the moment, then slowly nods to him. "If you say that I shall, then I will," she states, with little humor added in. With a wave of her tail, she draws a small, arcane sigil with her tongue, the sigil opening and growing until it envelops them both, at which point they disappear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nasiri will be using Plane Shift to reach the Crossroads, if she is able to.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2013-07-01 at 04:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Before disappearing with Rahja, and before Usabhar teleports off, the elf has some parting words for him.

No one, not even you, can keep going forever without rest. Do not disparage those who take it. Not only do we need to recharge our spells, we need to recharge our bodies. You do as well, even if you chose not to admit it. Fail to the chance you are given, and you will be the link in the chain that breaks. Doesnt matter what you think you need, the fact still remains, rest is needed for any living organism.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Emanical:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The elderly cook nods, struggling to recall the event as the workers begin taking down the nascent throne. "I was heading into the kitchen to finish one of the stews for this evening when I saw two of you. One was... happy and the other looked a bit more... subdued. The happy... um... how should I refer to them, My Lord?" Apparently, having to refer to multiple possibly real and possibly fake copies of you has never quite been covered in your code (or at least in any part of it that sees regular use).
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

10. - Top - End - #1120

Emanacal

For the moment... The High Lord offers a suggestion. Refer to the "happy" me as 'A', and the "subdued" me as 'B.'

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Emanical:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Okay, then. A seemed happy about going somewhere and was about to leave B behind, I think, when B said that he wanted to go as well. Then they both went off with a poof."

12. - Top - End - #1122

Huh. The High Lord muses. I was there and I did teleport out, but I was alone, and I certainly didn't talk to a second me. He pauses for a moment. Do you know of anything that could have caused you to see something that was not there? Are you ill?

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

And now, for the magic of TIMESKIP: 8 hours later

Shortly after Rahja and Celestica finish their rest, Rahja detects a particularly strong signal of distress from a planet not too far away, currently localized in a couple of major population centers.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2013-07-05 at 11:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

"People are in danger, get ready to teleport." Rahja says to her soulmate, giving her precious little time to prepare as the healer gathers all her things and teleports straight to the distress signal with the elf in tow.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

Celestica is always ready to go at a moments notice, actually carrying very few things with her to do her battles.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Teleporting right into the madness, Rahja and Celestica spot a large assortment of golems running around much like headless chickens, ramming into random objects and killing passersby on their random trails. While some forms of golem are known to go berserk in long battles, this is by far the most that either of you have seen concentrated in any one place.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Titan in the Playground

Arriving in a maelstorm of chaos, Celestica immediately adopts a defensive stance, ready to take out any golem that gets too close to her or Rahja. For most other people, punching or kicking a golem is a losing proposition, but Celestica's highly advanced ki allows her to do so to positive effect.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

"I am getting backup to deal with this horde." And she would rather focus on healing and directly saving these people, but logistics. Rahja shifts to the Crossroads, getting Usabhar and Nasiri there as quickly as possible. "We have a situation, golems running amok in the Prime Material." She just extends a hand to teleport there right away.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

With Rahja out of danger for now, Celestica decides to go looking for trouble and a fight.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As Rahja wills herself into the crossroads, a plane she has never seen for herself, she appears in the midst of a vast and featureless desert underneath a violet sky. Neither Nasiri nor Usabhar are anywhere in immediate sight, though there does seem to be a slight slope in the landscape if Rahja wished to follow it upwards or downwards.

Emanical:
    With everything settled down at the moment, reports are starting to come in from the astral plane. Apparently, constructs from all over the empire are leaving their posts, traveling through portals into and out of the astral plane and wreaking havoc wherever they arrive. One large concentration has formed on a stage one colony world at the far reaches of the empire.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja doubletimes downwards, teleporting large distances to cover more ground, also using her magic to speed herself up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Liberal usages of lyric spell and Celerity for more standard actions used for teleports.

22. - Top - End - #1132

Unknown World

Out of the corner of her eye Celestica spots a small purple blur flying around at incredible speeds, unleashing white bursts of energy on the golems as it passes. Before long the elf realizes she's been spotted and the creature stops right in front of her, just barely able to halt its own momentum.
    Celestica? What are you doing here? Prince Zurkar asks.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Rahja and I heard the distress call from this world and we came to investigate. When she saw what was happening, she went to get reinforcements. I stayed behind, looking for some fun. You seem to be having some already, lets go find a bunch we both take out.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

24. - Top - End - #1134

The young dragon doesn't seem to share Celestica's enthusiasm. She swears there's a tinge of regret. Just...disable them if you can.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Well, if any come near me, I can try. I know my blows can knock out mortals, but I'm not sure about constructs.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #1136

Then cripple them. Just don't... He trails off. Well, i'm ready. Let's do this.

27. - Top - End - #1137

SwashbucklerGuy

*huff huff* Hey!" A female, reptilian voice echoes out as it approaches Zurkar and Celestica. "Aren't you forgetting something Zurkar?" Nasiri comes up from behind them, wheezing, panting, and having her neck and head drooped over as if she desperately struggled to catch up to the prince. Her flight speed is, to say the least, pretty terrible compared to his own. By the looks of it, she's exhausted enough already that she's in no shape to fight.

Immediately after then, she perks up, bringing her head back up and spinning around a few times in midair. She chuckles happily. "Just kidding of course! You'd really think I'd tail Zurkar across miles to reach you when I can Plane Shift?" Her tail flaps actively in the air as she finds herself being a bundle of excitement, not having to worry about being with Usabhar for the time.

"So being all gung ho are we Celestica?" She smiles kindly as she looks in amusement. "I would suggest preparing with magic before we break out against the enemy. None of us are like my lord after all." With that, Nasiri draws an arcane sigil on the ground with her tail, drawn in a light blue glow like a painter with his brushes. Once finished, the sigil eventually expands, covering the entire area around them in a protective circle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nasiri will cast Magic Circle against Evil from her Sorcerer Bloodline. Her, Celestica, and Zurkar should be all unaffected since they're of Good alignment.

28. - Top - End - #1138

The Prince looks down at the magic sigils and recognizes the Magic Circle against Enlightened spell, sincerely wondering why it's not adversely affecting him. Maybe Nasiri is a lousy spellcaster? No, the runes seem correct and it looks like it's working fine...

Yeah but your lord can't fly or shoot lasers from his mouth. counters Zurkar playfully.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica smiles as she sees the rune being drawn and yet having no adverse affect on Zurkar. It seems like she has had more success with the son than she had with the father. Perhaps the expression should be, like son, like father.

Just ready for finally some action, Nasiri. Talking and diplomacy and watching a plant grow is all fine and good some of the time....but every so often, you just have take the gloves off and kick some butt. Or in this case, some can
    #GoreMutualarejerks

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

As she might as well search a needle in a plane-wide haystack, Rahja teleports right back, focussing on healing those within the area, getting them to safety and destroying golems with her bow.