New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

Good. He looks up at the Iron Moon again Depending on whether or not that thing sticks around or what it does, I might need your help with something.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The mechanical dragons listen to Wero's commands with neither malice nor compliance, still looking far more confused by their movements than anything. Instead of responding directly, each of the dragons begins to emit a high-pitched beeping sound. After about 5 seconds of beeping, the final dragon to have joined the beeping responds.

"By process of heuristic processing, I am to communicate. Your words are recorded and noted. Our leader will be consulted for further direction. This will require but a minute." With that, the dragon places one paw against the sphere, seeming to zone out in the process.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

3. - Top - End - #1263

It is unfortunate your leader cannot speak for himself. Proceed. Lord Wero replies, remaining in place.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

After a few seconds, the dragon seems to return to attention with a sudden start, "Response has been processed. Avoidance of unnecessary deaths has been deemed favorable. You are to surrender your planets, claims, and embassies to our glorious leader. In return, you and your family will be transported off-world via transport sphere in peace. Barring peaceful reconciliation, incursion has been instructed and all citizens shall be branded as enemy combatants."
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

5. - Top - End - #1265

I am afraid these options are unsatisfactory. The High Lord responds, remaining calm despite his growing unease and terror, fully expecting the legion of meta-dragons to snap at any second. I have fought and forged and bled for centuries so that I would never need acquiesce to one such as yourself and I do not plan to start. You are to remove yourself and your assets from my worlds and my territories, never to return or affect them in any such way either direct or indirect. In return, I will guarantee no harm to come upon you or your own holds as a result of my doing.

If you refuse then I will do everything within my great power to ensure the multiverse never utters mention of your existance again.
    He says this with tangible bitterness, venom and hate almost dripping from his mouth.

His tone suddenly returns to the royal mask of ambivalence. I recognize already how we are at an impasse. Perhaps we may come to an agreement.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2013-08-17 at 11:18 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The mechanical dragon gazes at Wero for a few seconds after he stops talking, as if waiting for the dragon to say something else or change his mind. When neither occurs, the dragon releases another series of beeps, spurring the dragons into action. Each one presses its front paw against the sphere nearest to it and simply vanishes into thin air. It will take a minute or two for all of the dragons to reach a sphere but they are vanishing at a surprising rate.

"Diplomatic offer declined. Excising planet of enemy combatants."

Down below in the city, loud screams can be heard from every which direction. A few buildings within sight explode, revealing metallic dragons larger than most mansions that quickly survey the surroundings.

The attack has begun.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2013-08-17 at 12:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1267

Lord Wero looks around, terrified, wondering what just happened, before finally settling on Usabhar in a bit of panic. They couldnt've just teleported could they..? But they're inside the sphere and they're the only ones there. It's vulnerable. Attention! He calls out to the dwarf. If Emanacal is to have any hope of survival you must listen. Destroy. Everything. In this...this construct-moon. With this the dragon pulls what appears to be an enormous sword of the same dark metal the moon is made out of out of his equally massive cloak, and begins to strike at the spheres and the chains holding them with practiced and precise strokes, cutting through with almost unusual ease.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Diamond Nightmare Blade whenever I can, effectively taking a swift action to recover that maneuver as frequently as possible.
    Katana is Adamantium, so bypasses 20 pts of hardness

Autohypnosis (Concentration) check if necessary
    (1d20+49)[60]
    damage
    (4d6+15)[27] Diamond Nightmare Blade would quadruple damage

Prince Zurkar's group arrives in the Indigo Citadel just in time for buildings to explode around them, adamantium dragons of mind-boggling porportions rising from them. His first instinct is to immediately run away, but then he remembers that the survival of these people depend on whatever leadership ability he possesses to come through. Channeling his father, the plan he thought through on the way here begins to enter the forefront of his mind again. Rahja! Gate. Don't care to where. Here, now. Big enough for Father to squeeze through but too small for one of these Korshim knockoffs to fit through. Celestica, keep these knockoffs busy. Nasiri, see if you can't airlift trapped citizens. Afterwards, Rahja! Follow me to the Palace! We need to save my family!
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2013-08-17 at 12:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

With a quick kiss to her soulmate, Celestica heads into battle against the nearest of the construct dragons. Her magic items may be diminished, but she has a few divine tricks up her sleeve.

Hanali, lend your divine might to my blows for freedom

She attacks the nearest construct

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+43)[51] attack & (3d10+14)[26] damage
    (1d20+43)[51] attack & (3d10+14)[36] damage
    (1d20+38)[51] attack & (3d10+14)[23] damage
    (1d20+33)[34] attack & (3d10+14)[38] damage
    (1d20+28)[42] attack & (3d10+14)[29] damage

Current AC:34 Current HP: 510
    #GoreMutualarejerks

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja looks far more worried for her soulmate than in the battles before, the healer feeling just how much more exposed to attacks Celestica now is. "Be careful, love." She accentuates the gesture with a healing burst, reinforcing everyone's defense.

They might hear and see the fear of the people, but Rahja can feel it, constantly, in addition to the neverending undercurrent from all over the prime material and her own emotions. And perhaps in this moment, it becomes apparently to others as well.

Then, she calls to the gods, asking for the desired gate. Mentally, she acknowledges the many malicious deeds committed by the empire and its emperor, but Celestica believes that redemption is possible, as does Hanali. Rahja might not support the empire, but she believes in her soulmate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quickened MCLW with shield and mage armor packed in (+7 bonus each), also buffing them up to 100 THP and the +10 morale bonus to attacks, saves and skill checks.

Miracle to ask for a gate to a remote garden world Rahja has once scouted, with the dimensions as described by Zurkar.

10. - Top - End - #1270

Good! Now come on! The young dragon attempts to hurry Rahja, already rocketing for the Palace.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar watches as things turn around as he expects. Diplomacy falls apart, chaos erupts, and battle inevitably ensues. As prepared as he always has been, Usabhar sets out to fight the many dragons now attacking. Yet despite this his own plan, the dwarf has his attention caught by Wero who tells the dwarf to destroy everything in this construct. While he does not like to take orders to avoid contact with the enemy the dwarf is aware that Wero probably has a point in attacking such objects. Usabhar simply gives a gruff, "You'd best focus on evacuating your people first if you want them to survive this," as his response. He can't get a good glimpse of the town below from the space he is on. For now he can only hope that the populace will be safe.

So following Wero's order, Usabhar jumps to the nearest sphere and brings his weapons down upon it. The indestructibility of his lance and greataxe is but a hint of it's strength as he strikes away with his brute force. When one is destroyed, he moves onto the next with his jumping ability. If any dragons come after him, the dwarf will be sure to strike back when they come into range.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty, attacking normally while using Raging Mongoose 3 times (extra attack) all on the spheres.

Lance Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+56)[72]
    (1d20+56)[62]
    (1d20+56)[63]
    (1d20+56)[60]
    (1d20+51)[63]
    (1d20+46)[65]
    (1d20+41)[45]

Greataxe Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+56)[60]
    (1d20+56)[57]
    (1d20+56)[57]
    (1d20+56)[58]
    (1d20+51)[71]
    (1d20+46)[50]
    (1d20+41)[61]

Lance Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+18)[23] + (10d6)[36]
    (1d8+18)[22] + (5d6)[24]
    (1d8+18)[26] + (5d6)[15]
    (1d8+18)[21] + (5d6)[22]
    (1d8+18)[22] + (5d6)[15]
    (1d8+18)[25] + (5d6)[17]
    (1d8+18)[24] + (5d6)[27]

Greataxe Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d12+18)[23] + (5d6)[22]
    (1d12+18)[23] + (5d6)[16]
    (1d12+18)[22] + (5d6)[13]
    (1d12+18)[27] + (5d6)[12]
    (1d12+18)[25] + (5d6)[13]
    (1d12+18)[23] + (5d6)[22]
    (1d12+18)[25] + (5d6)[15]

Meanwhile Nasiri, following Zurkar's advice, quickly begins moving around the city looking for people who are trapped. Though weaker she has enough strength to help the debris off people who are trapped. It's about all she can do for now while everyone else handles the other objectives at a much better degree than she could.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2013-08-17 at 09:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Up Above: Usabhar's strikes strike hard and true, sinking deeply into the spheres. Though his strikes aren't enough to utterly "destroy" a sphere, each one seems to disrupt the delicate internal mechanisms enough to utterly disable it and send it tumbling downwards through the thicket of chains. Wero meets his efforts with similar success, slowing down the rate at which these dragons can teleport out. As the spheres are scattered out, however (40 are now destroyed).

The dragons, thankfully, seem far more intent on teleporting out than actively fighting two combatants, even ignoring ample opportunities to strike at you as you maneuver through the planetoid.

Down Below: Rahja's miracle, after a tense moment or two, produces the desired gate, revealing beyond it a field of lush flowers and a clear flowing stream. Some citizens, seeing the portal from afar, rush over towards you, though there is a good chance that far many more have no idea what has happened.

Zurkar zooming through the castle, manages to find his mother, siblings, nieces, nephews, and first grand nephew gathered in the grand foyer surrounded by guards, acolytes, and the bishop of the town below.

Fighting of the dragons, Celestica does amazingly well without her magic, managing to take two of them down over the next minute. In the process, she learns a couple of key facts. First of all, while not by a huge margin, the delicate machinery the dragons are made from make them more frail than they appear. Secondly, the dragons can't seem to muster the coordination to muster more than a single attack per round and thankfully lack the functional esophagus needed to swallow creatures whole as a true dragon, instead possessing some sort of nozzle likely restricted for its breath weapon.

In spite of this information and progress, however, the dragons prove highly calculating in their strikes and without magic, dodging their bites proves nearly impossible (Celestica takes 270 damage).

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6+22)[37] x 10

Edit: Late now but only 270 damage was taken (as pointed out by Ridai, I had forgotten about DR)
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2013-08-19 at 03:24 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja thanks the gods and asks them to close the gate behind the emperor, for the safety of the world linked to Emanacal. She has been flying to the palace and continues to do so. It pains her immensely to feel Celestica being so in pain, making the healer send as much of her magic towards her soulmate as she can through their bond. Celestica is never alone in this fight. Once she reaches the place in the palace indicated by Zurkar, Rahja, for the first time... prays, folding her hands and closing her eyes, asking with all her being to open a gate to the same world as before to save these people. Instinctively, her thoughts go towards Shelyn, subconsciously feeling the beauty that could come out of a family mended and directed back to a more benevolent path, as well as the beauty they could spread to their subjects as a consequence.

Rahja expects no gifts. All she can do is ask.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sending cure medium wounds through the soulbond every round (except when casting the gate)
    (12d8+100)[158] x 10 (remember overcharge and improved overcharge)

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica realizes that she is in an attrition fight that she cannot win. She could stop and heal herself, but then the dragons would keep pounding away on her and she would be right back where she started...or she could keep on fighting but at the rate they are damaging her, thats not going to last too long. Even if she could last, there are just too many of these dragons to deal with.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2013-08-19 at 02:15 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

15. - Top - End - #1275

These things are made of cardboard! Lord Wero muses loudly, realizing that the mechanisms by which these things function are shockingly delicate. Continue the attack! Leave no sphere unbroken! He then thinks to the central sphere. He'll save that for last, but if that's the controlling one then shutting that down should be a priority. Right now, though, the lives of his family do depend on disrupting the attack. Shutting down the antimagic field will allow him to retaliate in a blaze of glory...wait. What is that brass thing?

Flying over after raking one such sphere with his massive dark blade, the High Lord immediately recognizes the handiwork of his youngest son's Magnum Opus, lying on top of the sphere motionless. What is this?! He wonders, striking at the spheres again with lightning alacrity but his focus disrupted.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Pouncing Charge whenever I can using the same maneuver-refreshing mechanism as before

Full Attack
    (4d6+15)[30]
    (4d6+15)[28] (Adamantium)
    (4d6+15)[26] (Adamantium)
    (4d6+15)[27] (Adamantium)
    (4d6+15)[33] (Adamantium)
    (2d6+15)[23]
    (2d8+15)[22]

Also, Lord Wero will use his Godking ability to give Usabhar a move and/or a standard action each round.

Everybody listen up! the Prince says, trying to address his family as well as everybody else in the room. The Citadel is under heavy attack. We need to fall back and regroup. Through Divine Magic we have a Gate opened on the Third Tier. Get there and get everybody you can in there.

If Rahja's second gate opens he says this. Actually scratch that. Go through this gate. Now. I also want to see some rear-guard action to cover our escape. Fight to distract and delay. Not to destroy (though if you can, do it.) With that, the Prince moves on foot out to the lower dungeons of the Palace, gesturing for Rahja to follow. If she does, the Prince gives a warning. I don't think you're going to like what you're about to see, but i'm bringing you here because you're the only one, especially now, that can heal her. And besides, she doesn't deserve to die like this.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2013-08-19 at 03:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1276

SwashbucklerGuy

While he had first hoped his strikes could destroy the spheres, Usabhar finds it is efficient that the spheres are simply being disabled and nullified. For attacking what would be the weak area of the invading army, he had expected the dragons to retaliate against both himself and Wero rather than retreat. Even if these dragons aren't like normal armies they should know to counteract when they are being attacked where they are vulnerable. Usabhar expects one of two things; either the dragons are getting a more subtle countermeasure set or these spheres are hardly significant to the dragons.

Deciding that he can't easily chase after the dragons, Usabhar continues hammering down on the spheres he can attack. Covering more room, the dwarf uses his lance in his hands while his greataxe dances out to slash away at nearby spheres. His attacks are ferocious and unrelenting, hard-hitting while sparks fly like heated metal on iron.

In the midst of his attack, he notices Wero eying down on the disabled Korshim who lies on the sphere. If anyone has the information to help with this battle, it would be Zurkar's construct dragon right there. Taking this opportunity Usabhar calls out to Wero as the latter slices apart foes with his own blade. "High Lord, get Korshim away from this battle and out of this battle! I found him moments before he had stopped moving. Get him back up and talking!" The dwarf didn't care if he was ordering around the ruler of dozens of planets; he's pretty well aware of that. Priority of survival should take place over someone's ego and hopefully the High Lord is aware of this. "The other dragons could be preparing a counterattack from what they are doing; you'd be best to get out of the front line anyway if your people do not wish to see you fall in battle."

Spoiler
    Show
    Doing the same thing as before, Raging Mongoose every turn I can. (which is two since I used it 3 times last round) This time I will also use Ruby Nightmare Blade to get double damage on my attacks, Inferno Blade for an extra 3d6+24 fire damage, and Irresistible Mountain Strike for an extra 4d6. With Wero's extra actions I will also use Bonecrusher for another extra 4d6 damage, which goes alongside the standard actions I'm given.

Lance Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+52)[71]
    (1d20+52)[60]
    (1d20+52)[61]
    (1d20+47)[60]
    (1d20+42)[44]
    (1d20+37)[38]

Greataxe Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+52)[64]
    (1d20+52)[63]
    (1d20+52)[54]
    (1d20+47)[58]
    (1d20+42)[43]
    (1d20+37)[44]

Lance Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d8+18)[25] + (10d6)[40]
    (1d8+18)[23] + (5d6)[11]
    (1d8+18)[19] + (5d6)[17]
    (1d8+18)[23] + (5d6)[19]
    (1d8+18)[19] + (5d6)[12]
    (1d8+18)[19] + (5d6)[16]

Greataxe Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d12+18)[29] + (10d6)[35]
    (1d12+18)[30] + (5d6)[16]
    (1d12+18)[26] + (5d6)[16]
    (1d12+18)[20] + (5d6)[12]
    (1d12+18)[29] + (5d6)[22]
    (1d12+18)[27] + (5d6)[16]

Attacks from Godking's offering:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+52)[60]
    (1d20+52)[65]

Damage from Godking's offering:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+18)[26] + (5d6)[14]
    (1d12+18)[22] + (5d6)[13]

Concentration check for Ruby Nightmare Blade and damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[21]
    (1d20+7)[12]
    (1d20+7)[14]

Inferno Blade damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6+24)[34]
    (3d6+24)[33]
    (3d6+24)[28]

Irresistible Mountain Strike damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6)[15]
    (4d6)[15]
    (4d6)[10]

Bonecrusher Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6)[11]
    (4d6)[14]

17. - Top - End - #1277

Unless you have a plan for getting it off-world then it's a waste of time. As long as this Dead Magic field it is as good as a paperweight. He responds, his blade slicing into another orb. If they are to counterattack then they would have done so already. The only hope Emanacal has for survival is if this Dead Magic field falls.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rahja's gate once again opens and Zurkar's family (or most of it) is able to relocate quickly and efficiently, carrying what little of their personal hordes they could lift without slowing them down.

Up above, Wero does indeed see Korshim (or fake Korshim. Definitely the same chassis, whatever the case) as he and Usabhar take out another 50 spheres (currently 90 taken down) with 25% of the dragons still inside the planetoid.

Edit: Even without use of her own powers, Celestica finds her health more than maintained by her soulmate, at least for the moment.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2013-08-19 at 04:19 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1279

Lord Wero continues his attacks, focusing primarily on spheres the dragons are using to teleport. Otherwise, same routine as before.

Spoiler
    Show

(4d6+15)[32]
    (4d6+15)[32] (Adamantium)
    (4d6+15)[30] (Adamantium)
    (4d6+15)[25] (Adamantium)
    (4d6+15)[30] (Adamantium)
    (2d6+15)[19]
    (2d8+15)[21]

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica is about to make her choice on attacking versus healing when she suddenly feels the healing surge burst into her from her soulmate. If it would be possible for her to blow a kiss telepathically, she would, but her focus goes back to the dragons. Once again, she summons forth one of her divine might powers from Hanali and launches into another attack spree.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+43)[57] attack & (3d10+14)[42] damage
    (1d20+43)[54] attack & (3d10+14)[40] damage
    (1d20+38)[45] attack & (3d10+14)[34] damage
    (1d20+33)[45] attack & (3d10+14)[42] damage
    (1d20+28)[37] attack & (3d10+14)[25] damage

EDIT: That's 183 multiplied by 10 for 1830.
    As well, Rahja indicates an overcharge from her spells and that used to give a bonus, not sure how much, so that amount isn't included in her totals.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2013-08-19 at 05:51 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

21. - Top - End - #1281

SwashbucklerGuy

Finding himself confused over Wero's calling back with words like "dead magic" being thrown, Usabhar shouts back to Wero on the subject of Korshim. "Then why have you not evacuated your own people?! Any dragons that may be on the ground run risk of killing those you have a responsibility to protect!" Usabhar still questions in his head why evacuation is not an option. The dwarves of Sargti only held their kingdom in place when it sure seemed like that there was no escape left. This empire should have dozens of places to leave; a capital is only as important as the people who can occupy it.

The dwarf continues his attack on the spheres in the meantime, melding fire-igniting attacks with stone-crushing power in the stabs and swings of his weapons.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same deal as the round before, with maneuvers changed slightly. Operating under the assumption that Wero is giving Usabhar extra actions from Godking unless Ing states otherwise (yes I got permission for this )

Nasiri will probably play background for the rest of this unless something big changes. She doesn't really have anything to contribute outside of helping with the evacuation.

Lance Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+52)[54]
    (1d20+52)[71]
    (1d20+52)[62]
    (1d20+52)[65]
    (1d20+47)[55]
    (1d20+42)[53]
    (1d20+37)[53]

Greataxe Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+52)[71]
    (1d20+52)[72]
    (1d20+52)[58]
    (1d20+52)[56]
    (1d20+47)[63]
    (1d20+42)[52]
    (1d20+37)[46]

Lance Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+18)[24]+ (10d6)[27]
    (1d8+18)[20] + (5d6)[20]
    (1d8+18)[25] + (5d6)[16]
    (1d8+18)[20] + (5d6)[22]
    (1d8+18)[26] + (5d6)[14]
    (1d8+18)[20] + (5d6)[15]
    (1d8+18)[22] + (5d6)[17]

Greataxe Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d12+18)[20] + (10d6)[34]
    (1d12+18)[30] + (5d6)[26]
    (1d12+18)[28] + (5d6)[12]
    (1d12+18)[24] + (5d6)[24]
    (1d12+18)[26] + (5d6)[18]
    (1d12+18)[25] + (5d6)[13]
    (1d12+18)[30] + (5d6)[25]

Attacks from Godking's offering:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+52)[67]
    (1d20+52)[61]

Damage from Godking's offering:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+18)[26] + (5d6)[20]
    (1d12+18)[23] + (5d6)[21]

Concentration check for Ruby Nightmare Blade and damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[17]
    (1d20+7)[17]

Inferno Blade damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6+24)[31]
    (3d6+24)[40]

Irresistible Mountain Strike damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6)[12]
    (4d6)[15]

Bonecrusher Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6)[15]
    (4d6)[11]
    (4d6)[13]

22. - Top - End - #1282

Evacuate to where? The High Lord retorts sharply They are here to kill everything in the Empire. Which includes this entire planet. I couldn't move myself off-world if I wanted to because of this Dead Magic field and I have no doubt my portal to the Portal Chamber is sealed. Do you think I want this? All the property damage that must be going on, it will cost millions, possibly billions to rebuild. Money that could have gone to Imperial coffers or my horde.

My responsibility is to protect my subjects, yes. Which is why I am here. As long as that Dead Magic field persists, the advantage is to our enemy's. Shut it down, there is hope.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Up Above: Another 50 down, you have taken out a large portion of the teleporters with the mechanical dragons still apparently none the wiser. As the dead magic has yet to so much as waver with the destruction, however, it seems doubtful that the spheres control that property (or that destroying the spheres would turn it off if they do).

Down Below Celestica easily manages to take down another 3 dragons, suffering a mere ((4d6+12)[26] x 10 ) bite into her temporary hp in the process. As the fight continues, however, it becomes abundantly clear that the fight is in no way restricted to those few Celestica can reach. As far as even Nasiri's aerial eyes can see, dragons dot the horizon as they destroy all signs of civilization around them. Buildings fall in seconds as the local destruction seems to grow nearer, closing in around the citadel.

The evacuation, considering generation of living under an exceedingly lawful society, is going with expected smoothness. While it is clear that evacuating Emanacal wasn't a plan that anyone considered ahead of time, the people are at least being efficient with what time they possess and many public servants and militia members are lingering behind to spread the news to those few families that have closed themselves up within their houses. At least 10% of the population of the main city either has or is in the process of evacuating after only a couple of minutes, relatively impressive considering the size of the city and incredible scarcity of gates.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2013-08-20 at 11:41 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1284

Lord Wero had long since reasoned that the smaller spheres were irrelevant to the dead magic field. Growing impatient, he calls for a change of plans. Continue the attack as normal. If we want to disrupt this attack, we need to shut down this dead magic field. Continue attacking the spheres as normal as it is their main line of communcation and transportation. I am going to destroy that central sphere. With that, he flies into the central sphere, first looking around for anything that looks particularly important or delicate before slashing at it with all that he is.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception
    (1d20+39)[46]

Using Pouncing Charge as appropriate
    (4d6+15)[28]
    (4d6+15)[26]
    (4d6+15)[28]
    (4d6+15)[21]
    (4d6+15)[34]
    (2d6+15)[19]
    (2d8+15)[25]
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2013-08-21 at 12:19 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica continues to fight her battles, she is under no illusion that she can hope to defeat all the dragons, her only focus is to keep them away from the portal so that the citizens can make their escape. Her attacks continue in same pattern, and once again she calls on Hanali to power her attacks. (3/17) As she attacks, she also tries to detect if the dragons are evil or not, as she can use that in her next round of attacks

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+43)[62] attack & (3d10+14)[28] damage
    (1d20+43)[63] attack & (3d10+14)[30] damage
    (1d20+38)[57] attack & (3d10+14)[29] damage
    (1d20+33)[35] attack & (3d10+14)[30] damage
    (1d20+28)[46] attack & (3d10+14)[33] damage
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

not sure if they are vulnerable to crits, but there is one threat there

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+43)[52] attack & (3d10+14)[35] damage

EDIT: 1850 if they can be critted, 1500 otherwise
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2013-08-21 at 08:48 AM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Titan in the Playground

(ignore, missed the last thing Zurkar said, please refer to next post)

Spoiler
    Show
    Celestica is healed every three rounds, which should be enough at (12d8+100)[153] x 3.

The rest is spent on MCLW (11d8+115)[169] x 7

Both before the extra THP she grants.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2013-08-21 at 02:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1288

The Prince attempts to wave Rahja back, before realizing just how much of precious time would probably be wasted. He throws his arms in the air and reclines in defeat and frustration before turning to fly through the oversized passages of the palace, zooming through to the deepest, darkest part of the palace, seeking to free one particular prisoner, with or without Rahja.

29. - Top - End - #1289

SwashbucklerGuy

Watching Wero enter the sphere with what seems either a sense of determination or suicide, Usabhar grumbles in thought as to what he should actually do. If these spheres are actually for transportation and communication then there will not be too much value in destroying them if the dragons view these spheres as such. The dwarf was never meant to cripple foes in a battle and instead go for a head-on battle against the opposing side. While Wero going to take out the primary source may be smart, rushing into enemy territory like that without sufficient strength is a death sentence; neither of them had an idea whether there could be an ambush or not. If the Boiler Man knows Wero enough, he could expect this and plan to eliminate the High Lord inside the sphere.

So not one to let potential regicide occur, Usabhar ignores Wero's order and instead follows the dragon inside the central sphere. He makes sure to be near the entrance in case the High Lord will be fine but is set to rush to aid if needed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving mostly inside the sphere, just enough to get a good glimpse inside it. I figure this is a dangerous place to be in for Wero in case there was some sort of trap set for him here.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

"Lead the way." Rahja just says, no time for many words, healing Celestica all the while.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think we can just assume that Rahja's healing is "enough".