New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Gods and Royalty) IC

The Common Grounds... Hmm... Rising from his meditative position Daniel's eyes scan the streets below him. It looks like almost everyone was converging back near the entrance to the Acropolis, except for Fang who was currently nowhere to be seen. Daniel was unconcerned by this, after all, Fang had come with several errands in mind, he was probably off dealing with those now.

Making his way across the nearby rooftops, Daniel arrives at the alleyway that holds the entrance to the Acropolis. "Well, I have some good news," Daniel syas to the group at large. "I figured out where this meeting ground is. It's a place know as the Common Ground, a demi-plane which can only be accesed through the Astral Plane. Now that we know where it is we are being called to, who is interested in answering the call? If it's true that the entire Wheel is endangered, then it matters not where we head from here, we will meet this same chaos unless we take action to try and stop whatever is causing it. I for one say that we find this portal on the Astral Plane and attend this meeting. Thoughts?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Erika watched the Queen's manipulations with a curious eye, a faint smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. Cults and religions in general could be so very entertaining, and she counted more people in the Acropolis as a positive thing. So much potential for growth and creativity, all overseen by a Fae queen... It would be fascinating.

That smile blossomed into full life as Sebastian returned, smeared in other-wordly ichor and complaining in what she assumed was a mostly good natured fashion.

"Ah, terribly sorry, Sebastian. Clearly, I'll have to make it up to you. Hmm... How about some wings?" she said, gliding across to him on a rippling tide of solid ground. "I'm not necessarily limited to just inanimate objects, after all."

By way of demonstration, she held out one hand towards the assassin in an imperiously regal gesture. The arm shivvered and melted in the course of a moment, skin color changing even as the underlying bone structure warped and shifted, until the whole limb terminated below the elbow in a hissing snake of jade-green hue. The reptilian appendage looked up at the assassin and winked, before shuddering once again and melting back into a proper humanoid form.

"See? Always happy to help a friend overcome a deficiency." the Dreamweaver finished with a wicked, teasing smile.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sebastian represses his desire to grin as much as he can, merely perking an amused eyebrow at the snake-arm display. He opens his mouth to speak and pauses. Wings!? he shouts in his own head, She said WINGS!!
    He again opens his mouth, still trying to keep himself cool and collected. He takes a step back, places his stinger-gourd-o-extraplanar-gore on the ground with thorough care, and steps back, finally able to talk. "Well if you put it that way..." He finally smiles wide, the smallest portion of a childlike glee sparkling in his eyes for a moment before he can contain himself again. "And if you don't mind..."" He spreads his arms out wide and shuts his eyes, expecting quite a bit of 'uncomfortabalness', at the least. "Then do do that voodoo that you do so well!"

Peeking open a single eye at the last second he's stricken with a rather worrying thought: Wait...What about my suit?
    Praise be to our highest most exalted lord, Emperor Ing for gifting me with this magnificent avatar. Also check out his awesome comic, Well That was Unexpected.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Removing the golden ring on his right hand, Fang then delicately slides his new possession onto his ring finger. Once firmly on and the other stashed away in his pouch, He clenches his hand into a fist, Channeling power into the band, feathers seem to drift away from it, peeling off the metal in infinite quantity. As they move around Fan, they grow larger and their color changes to shades of white and black, becoming real feathers. Finally they position them selves on his back, just an inch away from his jacket. Forming wings, they flap once bringing him into the air, then once more carrying Fang off towards the Acropolis entrance. OOOOO I'm going to love these. Fang thought to himself.
    Last edited by Metroid33; 2012-09-12 at 11:48 AM.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

The Queen does not make any attempt to dissuade most of those from returning to their homes, nor to impress full devotion to her upon them. Instead, she quietly and subtly urges them to remember her in small ways- to recall what she did, to remember what she claimed sovereignty over, and to respect that authority of hers. Few were those she called into full service, but many were those who offered a prayer up to her in the harvest days.

It does, however, surprise her that so many are willing to immediately leave rather than take shelter in her realm until their safety was more assured. Upon considering this, the Queen makes her decree. "It is clear to me that this is a time of need. The world shudders and cracks under the strain of unseen foes, and even now our work is not complete, for enemies still roam the streets. I will stretch out my hand and power to provide protection and to finish the work we started while my companions and I seek out the root of this disturbance."

With this, the Queen sits and focuses herself, speaking to her comrades with her mind as she works on her magic. I can quite simply facilitate our journey to the Astral Plane. And I agree, it seems the simplest route to obtaining further information on what is occurring, which seems a wise idea. Shadows ripple around her as the Queen takes her time to make good on her word.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Queen is going to spend about twenty minutes or so assembling a small force to protect the people choosing to stay, and hopefully aid in cleaning out the remaining monsters in Sigil... as well as giving a constant reminder of her.

Her method is pretty simple. With the Shadowmaster epic feat, she can mimic conjuration spells, like Shades, as a spell-like. This in mind, she can duplicate Greater Planar Binding to bind some outsiders to do her bidding, 18hd worth per casting.

She can cast this once every round, so 10 times per minute, so 100 times in 10 minutes. In those first ten minutes, she will summon 100 Mariliths, and in the next 10 minutes, 300 succubi. None of them can succeed on charisma or spell resistance checks against her to resist service now or later (her initial check she can just take 10 on since she isn't in danger). Only those that roll a 20 can succeed on the initial will save, which is frankly a tiny amount, and they don't show up anyway, so I feel pretty justified in largely ignoring them and assuming the Queen spends a very small amount of time making up for those very infrequent failures. In short, in the course of 20 minutes she'll have about 400 demons bound to service for a full month's time, and there really isn't anything they can do about it.

Her orders will be to protect Sigil, get rid of those monsters that entered through the cracks, and (specifically to the succubi) to quietly and subtly spread her influence. In order to hopefully quell any potential disobedience or revenge, the Queen promises that if they do their job well, they will have her favor and ear should they have need of it in the future. It might seem small, but the potential for a minor demon to call on a demigod even in a limited fashion is probably a pretty rare opportunity.

And no doubt they can make use of time spent as protectors in the name of the Harvest Queen to advance some of their own causes, as they're sheltered by her good name.

6. - Top - End - #96

Whoooaaaa, when did you get into my head?? And why are going to the astral plane? I was taking care of some business in the city and missed some stuff. Fang responds to the queen as he flies through the Acropolis entrance. The eyes of people leaving it moving upward as he soared overhead. "Now I'm all for going to the astral plane your majesty, but why?" Fang says directly to the queen, landing in front of her. As he lands the feathers slowly go back to floating around him then finally returning to his ring.
    Last edited by Metroid33; 2012-09-12 at 08:09 PM.
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

7. - Top - End - #97

Erika looks Sebastian up and down with the evaluating eyes of an architect, then reaches out and taps him lightly on the forehead.

The following sensations are somewhat unpleasant, as the assassin's skeletal structure ripples and deviates from its initial pattern. Two great spurs of bone erupt from his shoulder blades, before swiftly sheathing themselves in leathery flesh and pale membranes, as the begginnings of demonic wings take shape. Fortunately, the suit seems to part easily before them, swiftly redesigned so as not to get in the way.

The Dreamweaver stands back, one hand touching her chin in a contemplative gesture. Then she beckons one of the nearby Succubi over, speaking rapidly to it in its own tongue, before gesturing to Sebastian once again. The two of them, world shaper and corrupter, confer for a few moments, and Erika goes to work again, tweaking the design of the wings into a more aesthetically pleasing form.

"That should about do it. How do you feel, Sebastian?" she says, smiling, and then pauses to look back at the Succubi she roped in as a makeshift fashion consultant. "Ah. Stick around, Sebastian, I think Daniel might possibly react poorly to this." she adds, quietly, indicating the gathered legion of demons taking shape around the Queen.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sebastian stops wincing, realizing that the ripping a tearing was the sound of flesh, not his precious suit. Eyes still squeezed shut, he goes over himself: Eyes good, ears good, hands and feet good, wings good, face go- What? Wings good? She did it?

Her discussion with someone nearby in one of the demonic or devilish tongues confirmed his suspicions. A few more little rips, spurts, and unpleasant twitches and she stopped, and was asking how he felt. He smiled for a second, then opened his eyes, letting his body adjust to the new weight and trying to stretch them out as far as he could to either side.

"Oh-ho-ho man!" He shouts to the group, gathered demons, and no-doubt-staring townsfolk: "You guys will not be-leave...How much this hurts." He shudders again for a moment, shaking himself as though he had the willies before giving them a couple flaps, twisting his head around trying to look at them. "Ah, and no tail! I was so worried that you'd go ahead and stick me with a tail...Good."

Fang, as it seems, had found a slightly less-intrusive way to get into the sky, though, and seemed almost... Is that smugness? "Oh Fang?" He chuckles, again, still happily flapping the wings, "You weren't thinking about trying to beat me to the sky next time, were you? That, I think, Would be a very. Bad. Idea." He closes his eyes again, trying to concentrate enough to let the wings fold in and rest, like several of the demons were doing, and is able to pull it off after a bit of effort.

"Aye, Your majesty, your wish is my command!" He nods to her after shouting, looking back up at Erika: "And as for Daniel...Oh I bet he'll be just the littlest tad annoyed, don't you think? I won't be missing that if I can help it." He laughed again, surprisingly haughtily and dignified for someone whose mind is currently akin to a child on Christmas.
    Last edited by Toska Moriarty; 2012-09-14 at 07:01 PM.
    Praise be to our highest most exalted lord, Emperor Ing for gifting me with this magnificent avatar. Also check out his awesome comic, Well That was Unexpected.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The citizens respond to the summonings in a variety of ways. Some of them, out of principle, leave the assembly when they see that they have fiends to rely on. Many more simply accept these guards with wide-eyed wonder and a few of the duller men allow their eyes to linger on the succubi as they pass by.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Good. The sooner we get to the As...tral... Plane... Daniel starts to respond to the Queen, and then he notices the shadows. As the shades coalece into the solid forms of Demons, Daniel can only stare ahghast at what she was doing. That stage lasted for all of a fraction of a second. "Samhain, what do you think you are doing. Why are you adding more problems to a city that still hasn't been rid of all of the initial problems?" His voice is deathly serious as he watches the Demons materialize en masse.

His eyes are carefully watching the Demons, ready to spring on any of them that so much as look like they are going to touch anyone assembled in the area. Meanwhile he waits for Samhain to respond. How many is she planning on summoning?, he thinks as she continues.

He is distracted by the appearence of the demons and does not notice as Erika grants Sebastian his wings. However the moment he hears Sebastian's crys about how much something hurts, Daniel turns and sees the wings, finally seeing something even worse than the Demons. Making his way over to Erika, he sighs heavily and sets his hand on her shoulder. "Thank you very much Erika, you have just made my job even more difficult. Now it'll be even harder to keep track of him..." Looking now at Sebastian he says, "Those wings are a privallege. And I am capable of taking them away. If you abuse them, I can guaruntee, you'll regret it."

Great. So many things that should REALLY not be happening. Just breathe deep, grin and bear, and be ready to act at a moments notice. I swear, these people might drive me insane.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sebastian smirks, thoroughly engrossed and amused, winking at Erika in a very 'I told you so' manner. In one fluid motion, he whips a small bag from his belt, drops the ichorous head into it, and looks up at Daniel, head shaking. He sighs, letting his wings flap just slightly, an interesting touch, one he'd have to learn to use more, and trots several feet away. He moves his hands behind himself, interlocking his fingers at the small of his back, and watches the demons disperse into the city as a general would oversee troops, superficially of course, they were clearly not his.
    Appearing to think for a minute, debating consequences, ideas, the proper witty response, the gravity of a paladin's threat, how potent Daniel can be in combat, and how much he may-or-may-not be worth to the group, Sebastian turns back to Daniel, Erika, and the others, clearly having trouble prying his eyes off of the more inciting of demons. With a full mouthed grin, and a single cocked eyebrow, Sebastian addresses the issue; "As is anything, Daniel. The same could be said about any item, any power, and even any life. All are great gifts from the universe, and all can be removed like they were never. Even. There. The latter of which, as you know, is my spesh-'e'-al-ity. I'll use my gifts as I see fit, as you do the same with yours, deal?" He stops for a moment, flapping his wings once again, kicking up dust and small pebbles as he grins, hands having made it to his hips.
    "Are we clear on that much, Daniel? Or do you intend to try to stop me?" The last bit more of a gritted scoff than anything else, a direct poke to the ego.
    There's not any reason we can't have a little fun, is there? he thinks, trying his hardest to direct that thought to The Queen, even as he readies himself for a little 'explosive disagreement' that he's waited on for some time.
    We do, afterall, need to blow off a tad more steam than those beasts had provided...
    Last edited by Toska Moriarty; 2012-09-14 at 08:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

The Harvest Queen dismisses those that so easily walk away from her mind and attention. She had no interest in the narrow minded and dogmatic- to her thinking, inflexibility was the sign of a small mind.

Nonetheless, she smiles at Daniel as he makes his question. "Solving several problems at once. Aiding the city in removing the remaining creatures. Stationing extra protection in case it returns, protection that answers to and can easily alert me. Surely you would agree that these are good things? We cannot remain to stay ourselves- we must be proactive.
    "So who should I set this task to? Angels? Would you have me remove them from their rightful tasks, whisk them away from battle and righteous duty to satisfy my own whims? And the inevitables- surely you know none of them would ever heed my voice- they would struggle against me and hound me later for my supposed hubris. Though elementals would be loyal to me, those who would answer would not be strong enough to serve in this way."

The Queen gestures for the demons to disperse and go about the duty she has assigned to them. "But demons will answer me, and they will obey the rules and guidelines I set down for them. They will have the strength to do what needs to be done. What is more, they will be turned away from their usual mischief, and will be drafted to this good cause. What harm can they cause while under my eye, the eye of Sigil, and the Lady herself? Even if had they desire to rebel, they do not have the power."

"There are dangers and risks in summoning demons, this I understand, and well." The fey says in a calm tone. "But there is danger and risk in wielding weapons, and yet you do not rebuke our allies for carrying them, because they have control and mastery over them. Tell me, Daniel- you know I have my whims and impulses- but do you truly think I am not in control?"

The Harvest Queen grins at the paladin, her hazel eyes focused. "I believe I have demonstrated my mastery quite well."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Completely outdone by the Queen's superior logic, Daniel remains silent for a little while. Eventually he speaks, "You do have a fair point there, on all of those. Very well, I shall not question your methods. I have seen your power first hand and I understand perfectly well that you are in control of your abilities. Unfortunately, no matter the precautions we take, things can happen. I merely ask that you be cautious."

"I see absolutely nothing wrong with you using your newfound wings as you see fit. Anything can be considered a gift, but some are far more precious than others. A life can not be compared to a fancy new item because a life is so much more valuable. Removing lives from the world is something that nobody should have to do, however, sometimes it proves necessary. That's why I keep you around, because you are very good at what you do. Unfortunately, anything that makes you better at that job, makes you more of a threat to everyone around you, myself included, I don't deny. It's my duty to make sure that you focus your skills into something useful, much as the Queen is doing with these Demons. Because of the particular threat you pose, if you can't be focused in the right direction, then you need to be dealt with."

Starting to get tired of the argument, Daniel rubs his temples. "My point is that I don't want to HAVE to do anything to you. I'm saying be responsible, if that's even possible for you, just as I've asked you to be since we first met. The sooner you accept the fact that those wings, much like your own life, can be taken away, the sooner we can move on and deal with the larger problem at hand."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sebastian waits a few more seconds after Daniel finishes talking, either for an attack or some straight-forward threat. When that doesn't come, he nods, still grinning, and performs his usual mock-bow, now with outstretched wings, to the Grey Guard. Upon completion, he re-evaluates the situation.
    "Well, I'm glad you keep me around for something. Happy to be of service when it falls into the realm of what I like to do. Deal with me if you finally need to, try to take my wings or life if you feel you can and have to, but realize this: I will always try to keep what I consider mine."

He stops for a second, still grinning, before moving a step closer, thrusting out his arm, hand out stretched. "Deal?" He asks, grin and sparkling eyes almost competing with each-other to look more excited.

Then, of course, I need to hurry up and get in touch with my 'supplier'. Faster I can do that is the faster I can get to trying these wings out...Maybe one of our lovely lady companions would be able to give me lessons so I don't look like a fool fluttering about the acropolis. And since we're bringing company back there, perhaps they need a bit of instruction, themselves. I have a few tricks I could teach quickly enough.

15. - Top - End - #105

"Oh come on guys." Why am I taking Daniel's normal role as moderator, why? "Who cares what's protecting them? Really we don't have to protect them, they have the lady of pain." As he says this he points out to the city. "They don't need us, lets just go to the astral plane and find out why we're being called, and also Daniel I have wings to, you gunna try and kill me? Sebastian and I are both assassins. So just forget about it. "

After saying all of this Fang leans against one of the walls and waits for us to go, becoming rather impatient.
    Last edited by Metroid33; 2012-09-15 at 05:16 PM.
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, my apologies, your majesty." The Queen says to Fang, her voice saturated with scathing sarcasm. "I had no idea your highness was in such a hurry. Please, do not feel obliged to wait for us. I would not dream of making you wait another moment, so do not delay or hesitate- go on." Samhain bows and waves, pointing onward as she urged Fang to go to the Astral Plane on his own, and to leave them behind.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

"Okay, okay, enough," Gidae said firmly, having grown weary of the pointless arguments, "Nobody is going to the Astral Plane alone and nobody is killing anyone, either. We'll go to the Astral Plane together when we're all ready to go. Whoever wants our attention will simply have to wait a little while longer."

Waiting for the bickering to die down, Gidae spoke again, "What is there left for us to do before we can depart?"
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2012-09-15 at 06:46 PM.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

18. - Top - End - #108

"Aw. It's like we're a proper family, filled with hatred and death threats." Erika says, smiling as she watches the confrontation. "Still, I don't think there's anything else we need to do here."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Deal. But just remember that I have no intention of taking what's yours, so long as you don't needlessly take the lives of others." Daniel makes it a point to cross his arms here, showing that he had no intention of taking the hand that was offered to him.

Turning to the other Assassin, arms still crossed,"Fang, calm down. Yes, you are an Assassin, but you don't kill needlessly. I trust you somewhat more than I trust him." Daniel motions towards Sebastian with his elbow.

"One more thing I suggest we do before heading out. We might want to check in with the Lady and those others on the airship. Make sure that they have everything under control before we leave. At the same I would like to know who the captain of that ship is. It's always nice to know who the powers among the planes, especially if you ever find yourself in need. If anyone plans on accompanying me, feel free, otherwise I'll meet you in the Acropolis shortly." With that Daniel turns and begins making his way through the now clear streets towards the harbor.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sebastian leaves his hand floating in space for a moment or two more, until he's forced to shrug, resist the urge to turn an offered handshake into a rather rude gesture, and simply let it fall back to his side. Still smirking happily, quite amused by everyone's reactions, he manages to keep everything but his wings, which flutter slightly, from betraying how annoyed he is.

" Clearly, we are a family. We're violent, twisted, conflicted, and usually ready to butcher each other. Sometimes, though, it's a shame. As unnecessary as Fang's defense is," He turns to Fang and winks, "Thanks dearie, I'm a little offended you trust him more than myself. At least I'm predictably violent, confident, and devious. Did anyone else see the mood swing coming? " He chuckles; this was all far from the point. Hands still at his side, he takes a couple more casual, slow NON-THREATENING steps towards Daniel, closing the distance.
    A quick whisper, "Good call , but I wouldn't dare do anything vile to you though." before he continues to speak loudly and arrogantly:
    "Though, 'friend', you do have a point about the other nearby powers. I would like to go with you, if you'd mind 'babysitting'...
    Do you want to me to lead, or will you?
    "

Smiles all around, wings anxiously moving, He waits, looking upon the group. Well there's one of my little goals. Score one Daniel.
    Last edited by Toska Moriarty; 2012-09-18 at 07:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

"I always got the impression that Daniel was the one who... leads." Erika says with a slight smirk that somehow manages to be loaded with enough innuendo and subtext to fill a small novel.

Spoiler
    Show
    I apologise, but you step really close to Daniel, whisper something in his ear, then immediately begin making arrangements to go with him. Away from the rest of the party. Into the mostly abandoned city. With an excuse that covers a variable time frame.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sebastian laughes, shrugs, turns his back completely to the paladin before he can answer and walks (No... saunters?) off. Passing Erika, he winks, adding "Only if he's quick enough."before chuckling again and heads off toward the docks, debating in his own head if flying would make him look 'Gayer', then realizing he just doesn't care

Not that it matters, of course, He continues laughing, reaching into his bag of holding and pulling out one of the several aspect mirrors. They just better agree that I look damn good.
    Last edited by Toska Moriarty; 2012-09-18 at 07:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

"Uuuummmm, well you two can do what ever you want later, but for now lets just see who owns that ship. Ok?" After saying that fang pushes off of the wall and waits at the door. Mental note: If they drift off some where else, keep moving to the airship.
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The three of you reach the ship without a problem. Though the Lady of Pain has departed, the gangplank isn't lowered. You see a couple of men (namely the armored draconian and the fist-launching monk) walking along the deck.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sebastian walks, in very plain sight, up toward the edge of the dock. Peering up at the massive, gorgeously crafted ship, he cannot help but be impressed. Looking to either side, first to Fang, then Daniel, he shrugs, deciding to leave the 'Need a lift' comment, lest he be taken incorrectly again. Funny as it was, wouldn't want to lead the holy-knight on.

Forgetting his wings, or rather, not wanting to try them out for the first time in public, he backs up a bit from the edge, sprints to the edge of the dock, and leaps off at the ship, wings unconsciously flapping in a superficial way.

Spoiler
    Show

With a +47 Acrobatics, a +45 climb, a running start, a fly speed, and a climb speed, I dont think I need to roll anything. Mind you I'm doing this perfectly visible, rings in my pocket, and the daggers are thoroughly re-hidden. Only thing in my hands is a silver, jewl-encrusted, mirror.

26. - Top - End - #116

"Sebastian, why didn't you use your wings?"Taking a moment to create his wings, Fang then jumps off the dock and starts to fly over to the boat. "May we come a board? My friends and I wish to meet you, after all you did help kill several of those 'things'."
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Clawing his way up over the edge of the ship onto the deck, Sebastian lets the mirror rest at his side. He eyes the 'crew', particularly those who are likely not 'crew' at all, with apprehension, but as he offers a near-mocking bow, his face holds a genuinely friendly smile.

Shrugging at the other assassin, he mutters: "Now Now, fang. Friend is too strong a word." Before continuing to size up anyone new that came onto the deck, more-or-less waiting for either his impromptu hosts (Or more likely, Daniel) to say something intelligent, and Fang to try at the same.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Turning towards you, the armored draconian seems to size you up before saying.

"Aye, you may come aboard. Anyone who fights as well as that is welcome as my guest on this ship. We are currently heading towards the meeting grounds if you want to tag along and meet the crew."

OOC: Experiment time. So that I don't have to play he-said-she-said and slow things down, let's try consolidating things a bit. If you're in the conversation or end up joining it, let's do things on the other thread.

Edit: All of you who choose to remain can almost visibly watch Sigil return to being Sigil over the course of just a few minutes. Within five minutes, a few philosophers within the Queen's flock begin taking advantage of the crowd, improvising philosophical arguments in favor of the queen's rule and how she may or may not represent the paradigm in Sigilian Aesthetics, Law, and government. Factions quickly form around these philosophers as they engage in great debates concerning the nature of the queen, all while standing within earshot of her and refusing to call her a "deity" (likely fearing the Lady's presence), though you can swear they they've invented a couple of new honorary titles specifically for her.

Within 10 minutes of the message in the skies, the first adventurous villagers try riding one of the now-timid monstrosities like a pony. Within 11 minutes, the first stands start raising that sell helmets and trinkets specifically to cancel out the aura of insanity surrounding the monstrosities. The first such items that actually do anything are widely available within 15 minutes and the creatures are being mobilized in scale to start the repairs on the city within 20 minutes.

Within 25 minutes of the fiendish summoning, almost all of the fiends are now wearing armor crafted by the citizens of sigil (including more "liberating" armor for the succubi) and several general trends for how such armor should be made and how demons in what part of the city should be labelled already seem set in stone as if they've always been there. Almost all of the demons are now carrying large fistfuls of fliers and half of them can't remember quite where they came from.

A mere 30 minutes after the catastrophe has resolved, the marketplace opens once more with a quick round of fanfare before everyone continues on their everyday lives (with the addition of a few new philosophical schools and monstrosity rides for the kiddies).

For the first time since you've stepped out of the acropolis, you begin to understand why you came to Sigil in the first place.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-09-21 at 07:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Edit: Sorry about double-post but editing one post over and over and over can lead to a bit of stagnation.

The attention paid to the Harvest Queen seems to dwindle as something else starts brewing in town. It is unclear whether the disruption is directly related to the previous events or not but the monstrosities are breaking free from their yokes and seem to be congregating elsewhere in town, working their way around fiendish guards that try to stand in their paths. Thankfully, mass hysteria has yet to return to the populace.

30. - Top - End - #120

"Ah, whatever it is, I'm sure it will sort itself out." Erika says after a few moments. There's a new adventure on the horizon, and the thought of lingering here did not hold much appeal. She turned to the Harvest Queen.

"Shall we get underway? I'm sure our companions will either make it back in time or hitch a lift to the destination themselves. Planar travel isn't too hard to come by in Sigil, from what I understand."